Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-01-2010, 07:44 PM   #601
RainMaker
General Manager

Has there been any reports on when James is done sucking his own dick and is going to tell everyone where he's going? This free agency thing was fun for awhile but now I just want it to end.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:48 PM   #602
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post

Right or wrong, Gay getting the Max was going to happen.

The problem is everyone including the Grizzlies know that giving him the max is wrong.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:51 PM   #603
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

OJ Mayo and Rudy Gay are both tier 2 level players and should not be getting the max. The NBA seriously need to look over their contract situations because neither one should even sniff the level of money top players receive.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:20 PM   #604
Groundhog
Coordinator

Dumb signing by the Bucks re: Gooden. Sheesh.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:35 PM   #605
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Rondo really needs to fire his agent, too. He is only getting 55 million for the same years that Gay got 81 for. Rondo would have been maxed out by someone this offseason, I can't believe his agent(and rajon) were so short sighted to take the extension.

Well at the time he was a guy with a lot of potential, but was bogged down with major maturity issues. Frequently pissed his teammates and coaches off, to the point where there was debate to trade him rather than sign him. Two sides gamble, one wins.

It's not like he signed it after he became a household name. Hell, who knows, maybe he signed it thinking playing with the big three for another few years would boost his value.

Last edited by jeff061 : 07-01-2010 at 08:38 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:35 PM   #606
Ramzavail
College Starter

Here’s a thought:

When they move to Brooklyn, the Russian pays off Sacramento (they suck anyways) to change their team name, so we can have the “Kings” as in the county and as in King LeBron.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:11 PM   #607
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Has there been any reports on when James is done sucking his own dick and is going to tell everyone where he's going? This free agency thing was fun for awhile but now I just want it to end.

Agreed. His whole "I'm not going anywhere...you all are coming to see me" schtick is obnoxious too. Fuckwad.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:32 PM   #608
Groundhog
Coordinator

It's a bit surprising to me that I really don't care that LeBron is most likely not in Cleveland next season. I just hope it's a sign-and-trade and that we manage to get something for him. I'd even take Beasley, see if he can turn it around.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:41 PM   #609
RainMaker
General Manager

I'm surprised too. I was really excited and into this, now I just want it to end. I'd love Lebron to be on the Bulls, but he's such a collossal douche that it almost doesn't matter to me anymore.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:45 PM   #610
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I wonder if it's just us messageboard geeks or if the general public is having the same type of reaction and he's actually harming his image with this whole charade?
Old 07-01-2010, 09:52 PM   #611
chadritt
High School Varsity

Its been less than a day AND he canceled the massive media tour that it was going to be. I think its just people here who are over it/him.
chadritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:57 PM   #612
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

I think he's even trying to minimize it. It's going to be a circus no matter what, this is a HUGE story. By not travelling the country and meeting with the teams in rapid succession, isn't he taking the more reserved route?
Old 07-01-2010, 09:58 PM   #613
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I wonder if it's just us messageboard geeks or if the general public is having the same type of reaction and he's actually harming his image with this whole charade?

I would think it is just the messageboards since D-Wade and Chris Bosh have been doing essentially the same thing.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946

Last edited by miami_fan : 07-01-2010 at 09:59 PM.
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:00 PM   #614
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadritt View Post
Its been less than a day AND he canceled the massive media tour that it was going to be. I think its just people here who are over it/him.

From I read his marketing firm (the guys he went to high school with) planned the city to city tour and canceled it once they realized it was getting tons of negative feedback before it even started.

He's put a lot of stuff in the hands of guys he trusts, but aren't close to being trained and prepared to handle his marketing the way it should be handled.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:00 PM   #615
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadritt View Post
I think its just people here who are over it/him.

I tend to agree with that.

I mean, I give less than a rat's ass about the NBA but even I find the potential scenarios interesting conversation fodder. That was about the take on one of the sportstalkers I heard this afternoon, basically that the speculation about possibilities is actually more compelling than whatever the eventual reality (for everyone except who gets him).
Old 07-01-2010, 10:37 PM   #616
RainMaker
General Manager

It's just entering Brett Favre status for me.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:59 PM   #617
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Agreed. His whole "I'm not going anywhere...you all are coming to see me" schtick is obnoxious too. Fuckwad.

I can't believe you're criticizing this over the city to city tour. Basically you don't like him, I get that. I think he's an asshole too, but your criticism here is dumb.

Anyways, my take is that he made his decision awhile ago, but wants to reduce potential tampering charges and also wants to do the "it's not you, it's me" thing with the cities and fanbases he's going to turn down.

Last edited by stevew : 07-01-2010 at 11:01 PM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:08 PM   #618
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
I can't believe you're criticizing this over the city to city tour. Basically you don't like him, I get that. I think he's an asshole too, but your criticism here is dumb.

Anyways, my take is that he made his decision awhile ago, but wants to reduce potential tampering charges and also wants to do the "it's not you, it's me" thing with the cities and fanbases he's going to turn down.
Come on. Almost every year we have big free agents who sign on July 1st. Everyone knows that agents and such work through back channels. He knows what every team can offer and what they have right now. Jay-Z was also tampering last week with Lebron and the league didn't give a shit.

If he knows where he's going, just go there. Dragging this crap out for a week is just obnoxious. It's not just that though, it's the bullshit rumors that his camp keeps sending out about who the new favorite is every day.

Ask yourself if Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, or Larry Bird would pull this shit. Not a chance. They were too busy worrying about winning. Something Lebron doesn't do.

Last edited by RainMaker : 07-01-2010 at 11:09 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:09 PM   #619
stevew
Hall Of Famer

You'll suck his dick when he's on your team. Trust me, I know how it tastes.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:11 PM   #620
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Quote:
You'll suck his dick when he's on your team. Trust me, I know how it tastes.

This might be my favorite post ever.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:12 PM   #621
RainMaker
General Manager

I want him in Chicago. Just saying he's a giant douche.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:14 PM   #622
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Amir Johnson gets 5yrs, 32M.

Who's Amir Johnson? I think he was maybe on the pistons? Drafted out of HS IIRC

This makes Drew Gooden look underpaid.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:19 PM   #623
RainMaker
General Manager

I'd rather have Amir Johnson. He actually was pretty good at the end of the year once they gave him some minutes.

He's a risk, but could pay off big for the Raptors if he turns into a 15+ PPG game at that price. These small markets have to take their chances on potential, and I think Amir has some.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:31 PM   #624
Groundhog
Coordinator

Hmmm... I'd have to think that's above his market value. I think he's a good player, one of those guys that does more than the boxscores show, but yeah, not at that price.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:33 PM   #625
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
These small markets have to take their chances on potential

And it will work out eventually for those upstart Knicks and Clippers!
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:36 PM   #626
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Come on. Almost every year we have big free agents who sign on July 1st. Everyone knows that agents and such work through back channels. He knows what every team can offer and what they have right now. Jay-Z was also tampering last week with Lebron and the league didn't give a shit.

If he knows where he's going, just go there. Dragging this crap out for a week is just obnoxious. It's not just that though, it's the bullshit rumors that his camp keeps sending out about who the new favorite is every day.

Ask yourself if Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, or Larry Bird would pull this shit. Not a chance. They were too busy worrying about winning. Something Lebron doesn't do.

Hell, even Kobe wouldn't pull this shit. Lebron is so full of himself.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:39 PM   #627
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Kobe entertained signing with the Clippers and forced the Lakers to trade Shaq.

If the Grizzlies GM isn't so fucktarded and doesn't trade Gasol for virtually nothing, Kobe still has only 3 rings.

So he's not innocent here....

Last edited by stevew : 07-01-2010 at 11:39 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:40 PM   #628
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vex View Post
And it will work out eventually for those upstart Knicks and Clippers!

No kidding. The NBA isn't so much big/small market as it is smart teams and teams who just consistently make terrible decisions.

Speaking of which, I love this analysis. It's just so dead on. How the hell does this guy have a job, let alone a job that makes him $$$ and most American males would kill for....

Quote:
They entered last week with three draft picks in the first round including a lottery selection, and potentially over $15 million in cap space including all the cap holds, and so far they've procured Martell Webster, Lazar Hayward(notes), Wesley Johnson, Hamady N'Diaye(notes), Darko Milicic (same guy), and Nikola Pekovic. Five million in cap space left.

It never gets old
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:42 PM   #629
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

If the Grizzlies GM isn't so fucktarded and doesn't trade Gasol for virtually nothing, Kobe still has only 3 rings.

Not innocent, but not this bad.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:43 PM   #630
RainMaker
General Manager

Kobe wins, Lebron doesn't.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:44 PM   #631
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:

Heh
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:50 PM   #632
RainMaker
General Manager

If you read Hollinger, he makes a convincing case that the Gooden contract was actually a good move.

- He had a 16.95 PER last season and has routinely been above 16.
- Rebounds well and has a good mid-range jumper.
- Best big man at that price. Market is just real bad.

Basically they added something they desperately needed, offense. They are under the cap and will be better than they were last year.

They aren't contenders, but do have one of the best coaches in the game and I could see them winning close to 50 games if Jennings gets better and Bogut comes back healthy. That's not bad.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:57 PM   #633
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I guess he's never watched Gooden play? Regardless of PER and any statistical measure, the dude plays losing basketball.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:59 PM   #634
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Kobe wins, Lebron doesn't.

Adam Morrison wins, LeBron doesn't.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:02 AM   #635
Groundhog
Coordinator

Statistics that attempt to prove Gooden is a decent basketballer should be ignored completely, and it's a worry that GMs seem to rely on stats rather than their own eyes to evaluate players, because I don't see any other reason why Gooden would have got a contract like he did.

I mean seriously, the last couple of seasons the dude has been passed around amongst teams all looking for a starting-quality PF, and he hasn't stuck.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:02 AM   #636
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Shannon Brown wins, LeBron doesn't.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:05 AM   #637
MrBug708
Head Coach

It's a start. Up until last year, it was

Shaq wins, Kobe doesn't
Old 07-02-2010, 12:07 AM   #638
stevew
Hall Of Famer

This is Gooden's 9th team in 9 seasons.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:20 AM   #639
chadritt
High School Varsity

I want to see a team with Adam Morrison and Brian Scalbrine. They would win every year. Theyd certainly beat a Lebron-Rose-Bosh combo in Chicago.

Last edited by chadritt : 07-02-2010 at 12:32 AM.
chadritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:32 AM   #640
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

We live in a world where Sasha Vujacic has 2 more rings than LeBron.

The NBA: It's amazing.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:35 AM   #641
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
It's a start. Up until last year, it was

Shaq wins, Kobe doesn't

To be fair, Kobe didn't do an awful lot of winning post-Shaq on a team that had at least comparable talent to what LeBron had to work with for several seasons.

It's amazing what being gifted one of the best bigmen in the league can do for a guy's career.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:51 AM   #642
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
To be fair, Kobe didn't do an awful lot of winning post-Shaq on a team that had at least comparable talent to what LeBron had to work with for several seasons.

It's amazing what being gifted one of the best bigmen in the league can do for a guy's career.

Lebron didn't do much until the last two seasons either, in which he did have more talent than Kobe did during those first few post-Shaq years. During the years where they both had no talent, Kobe was in a much tougher conference. He probably would have lead the Lakers to a 3 or 4 seed in the East at that time.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:06 AM   #643
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Lebron didn't do much until the last two seasons either, in which he did have more talent than Kobe did during those first few post-Shaq years. During the years where they both had no talent, Kobe was in a much tougher conference. He probably would have lead the Lakers to a 3 or 4 seed in the East at that time.

Yeah, LeBron didn't do much, except single-handedly take the Cavs to the NBA finals back in 06-07. They got slaughtered, sure, but that's an impressive feat none-the-less, and one that Kobe hasn't equalled.

Maybe he would have led the Lakers to a 3 or 4 seed in the East instead of a first round exit in the West. Maybe not. Who knows. Just talking about what did happen.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:14 AM   #644
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Yeah, LeBron didn't do much, except single-handedly take the Cavs to the NBA finals back in 06-07. They got slaughtered, sure, but that's an impressive feat none-the-less, and one that Kobe hasn't equalled.

I'm sure Kobe is upset about that.

Too bad the Cavs didn't try and compete as well as build for this years FA. I could only imagine that one of the big stars would have headed towards Cleveland and play with Lebron.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:27 AM   #645
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

Maybe he would have led the Lakers to a 3 or 4 seed in the East instead of a first round exit in the West. Maybe not. Who knows. Just talking about what did happen.

I did forget about that, but still, you know how bad the east was then?
Old 07-02-2010, 01:31 AM   #646
Danny
Head Coach

Oh and while Lebron's cast of Larry Hughes, Drew Gooden, Ilgauskus and Varajo was certainly not great, check out the three guys who started along with Bryant and Odom... Smush Parker, Luke Walton and Kwame Brown.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:34 AM   #647
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I'm sure Kobe is upset about that.

Too bad the Cavs didn't try and compete as well as build for this years FA. I could only imagine that one of the big stars would have headed towards Cleveland and play with Lebron.

Yeah, I really wish we'd cleared out shop and compiled multiple consecutive losing seasons and expiring contracts all in the hope of landing some FAs this offseason too. It's been a real drag winning games, even without a championship.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:35 AM   #648
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Actually, Shaq didn't lose the Shaq versus Kobe battle, he lost the Shaq versus Jerry Buss battle. Buss didn't want to pay Shaq $30 M or whatever every season, and Shaq refused to compromise. So Shaq was traded.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:37 AM   #649
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I did forget about that, but still, you know how bad the east was then?

Heck, outside of CLE, ORL and BOS, the East still ain't much good now.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:40 AM   #650
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Heck, outside of CLE, ORL and BOS, the East still ain't much good now.

Outside of 3 of the top 4 teams in the NBA? It might be top heavy, but remember that the teams from the East have to play these guys more than those out west. There is more parity in the West the past decade or so, but look at the players in this FA market; Knicks/Nets/Bulls/Heat. Maybe the scales could begin to tip back the other way.

Last edited by Groundhog : 07-02-2010 at 01:40 AM.
Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote