Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-28-2011, 09:36 PM   #601
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
could you be trying harder to be the cultist?

What does this even mean?
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:40 PM   #602
bhlloy
Coordinator

Thinly veiled attempt to get me to reveal my block while there was still time for the wolves to submit a NK, no?

Pretty smart actually, I had to check the clock to make sure I hadn't been away for a whole hour.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:42 PM   #603
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Thinly veiled attempt to get me to reveal my block while there was still time for the wolves to submit a NK, no?

Pretty smart actually, I had to check the clock to make sure I hadn't been away for a whole hour.
Dude, that is WAY off. I simply quickly read Autumn's post and said what I did. I had no idea what time it was, I was watching TAR on DVR and we've paused it 50 times now due to baby waking up and basically only read the Perhaps this is the end to the terror, or whatever Autumn said. Sorry, man, that is a reach.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:44 PM   #604
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

For whatever reason that pissed me off, sorry. It's just upsetting that I continue to be pegged as the cultist.

Good luck on your block, regardless. I can't be mad at you long since you're a fellow villager. lol
Old 03-28-2011, 09:53 PM   #605
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think Mau just made a mistake.

But I still think he is the cultist
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:02 PM   #606
Autumn
Head Coach

Dawn comes and a harried group of villagers rush out into the square. They are torn between hope that the werewolf menace might be over, and dread at finding one of their neighbors gone.

This is a good morning, however. All of the villagers are there and accounted for. There is a glimmer of hope in their eyes, but they have a sense that the dark days aren't over just yet.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:07 PM   #607
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

ok, good result.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:19 PM   #608
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK, so I am trying to put the pieces together here.

I think whatever happened last night will tell us a lot about N1. I hope bhollie comes back tonight.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:43 PM   #609
mckerney
Coordinator

mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:44 PM   #610
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
OK, so I am trying to put the pieces together here.

I think whatever happened last night will tell us a lot about N1. I hope bhollie comes back tonight.

I'm assuming you would like me to say who I guarded last night?
Old 03-28-2011, 11:54 PM   #611
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I'm assuming you would like me to say who I guarded last night?

Can anyone think of a reason not to?
Old 03-29-2011, 12:15 AM   #612
bhlloy
Coordinator

Well the only reason I can think not to is if for some reason the wolves just didn't get a NK in (or were stupid enough to hit the woodcutter for the first time), we're telling them who they can hit tomorrow without risking a block. But I think that's a pretty minuscule chance at this point, so I'm fine with revealing it if everyone else is
Old 03-29-2011, 02:06 AM   #613
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Awesome job bhlloy (I assume, unless they went for Lathum). We have a free lynch to play with now. As far as who you protected, I personally wouldn't say since we don't know that they didn't go after Lathum, but I actually don't think it matters.

Of CR, Lathum, or BK, I am certainly still interested in pursuing BK for a variety of reasons and doubt any information would come out to make me change my mind.

Vote Barkeep
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:19 AM   #614
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I have a couple questions for Lathum also. When was the last time as a villager you:

1. Made it to the end of the game alive and
2. Received no votes

Just curious if it's ever happened.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:40 AM   #615
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I have a couple questions for Lathum also. When was the last time as a villager you:

1. Made it to the end of the game alive and
2. Received no votes

Just curious if it's ever happened.

lol, pretty sure the combination of the two has never happened. I think people maybe feel bad for me since I have gone out early the last 5 games. although there is a good chance I was whacked N1 and survived.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:54 AM   #616
bhlloy
Coordinator

A no brainer at this point given what went down last night. I can't believe a villager would vote for CR at this point, especially as for most of the evening a single vote would have pushed it in CR's favor and saved Sal. If BK shows up as villager then a wolf has made a bold move, but I can't believe this isn't endgame for us

Vote Barkeep
Old 03-29-2011, 09:00 AM   #617
bhlloy
Coordinator

The other realistic possibility is that CR is a wolf and we had 2 wolves up there last night, but with 2 wolves + cultist, I don't see any way that a third candidate wouldn't be introduced.

Honestly I'd be stunned if BK shows up good - but I've been wrong many times before
Old 03-29-2011, 09:03 AM   #618
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Jag- I know where you are going with this, but we already don't have a duke or a martyr in the game so the odds of us being without the woodsman as well are slim to none.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:06 AM   #619
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think if I was the N1 target that increases the odds of CR being a wolf. That would mean I was the target and bholly didn't have a successful block of CR. It would also explain the lack of traffic directed towards me, the wolves would know at this point I can't harm them until endgame.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:11 AM   #620
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- it also gives them incentive to keep me alive since it would paint CR in a bad light if he was a wolf.

I am going to try and look over the voting records today, I think my calendar isn't to bad today.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:12 AM   #621
bhlloy
Coordinator

Lathum - if CR is a wolf, why wouldn't the 2 wolves + cultist introduce a third candidate last night? I don't think there's any way they leave 2 wolves up all weekend.

I do agree with your hypothesis about you being the N1 kill target but I don't think that makes CR any more likely to be a wolf, given what went down yesterday.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:29 AM   #622
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Jag- I know where you are going with this, but we already don't have a duke or a martyr in the game so the odds of us being without the woodsman as well are slim to none.

Actually you misunderstood me. I was just having a light-hearted moment because I'm pretty sure the game is over if BK is lynched. Now that you know sal is a wolf, don't you think he would've gunned for you N2 if they got blocked N1?

Nevertheless, I don't think you're an option for today because you made your reveal when you weren't under pressure and without knowing if the role would be in the game somewhere else and the fact that you voted saldana when you could've voted CR. There is nothing positive I can point to about BK.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:07 AM   #623
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Just to bring it to the current page, I still think this is the money cultist post. BK is sandwiched in between our two known wolves in his below list of suspects, yet BK is never again mentioned as a suspect by him going forward. Three posts later, he votes Jackal, someone who wasn't even on his list of six suspects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
Just re-read the last two pages. There are definitely some weird vibes going on with a few people. Quick defensive posts, odd posts, etc.

I like saldana, bk, j23. danny, jag and dv as my possibilities at this point just based on what I've seen early on. If I go with JAG, danny, saldana or jackal i create a top two tie so obviously my vote is somewhat important.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:10 PM   #624
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

vote bk

The obvious route.

Jag re: your qoute of mine. I remember that post. I remember just trying to string something together in a hurry. I've played this game trying not to do fly by votes and say something instead of nothing. I'm learning that I'm not good enough at this game to vote properly without sounding Wolfy when I'm a villager. Ah well.

Lets hope this puts it away. My vote is going jag 100% tomorrow if BK isn't a wolf.. put away the scheme he's put together in the possibility he is a wolf.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:22 PM   #625
Autumn
Head Coach

Vote count as of post 624

3 barkeep49 - JAG (613), bhlloy (616), mauboy1 (624)
Old 03-29-2011, 12:41 PM   #626
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

hmmmm

Maus vote makes me wonder.

If BK is a wolf, and is the last wolf, then as the cultist why does Mau vote him. It is fairly obvious BK is going down. If he is the final wold Mau really has no reason to vote him. He can wait until later in the day, or at least wait for BK to try and make a case to sway things.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:49 PM   #627
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I am sure that was the purpose of the vote, making people question why he would do it and possibly vote another candidate.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:14 PM   #628
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I hate to even say it. The more I think about it the more jag feels like a villager. Idf there is one wolf left he's not going to push so hard that we have to look at him the next day and therefore win the game. If we say jag is safe who else is uncleared? BK, lathum, CR? That's it? Jag looks good in my book now because it wouldn't make sense to be on this vendetta as a wolf as the last remaining. If we don't snare a wolf tonight I'll probably be looking at the over uncleareds and then maybe jag behind them. We have two days we can be wrong now if I am doing the math right.

I'm on cell and can't run through the thread quick enough to check if my list of uncleareds are correct.. correct me if I am wrong.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:32 PM   #629
bhlloy
Coordinator

Lathum claimed woodsman, which would be a ballsy move for a wolf as they don't know which roles are in the game or not. That clears him in my book.

I think if BK comes up good we have to look at JAG or CR, and my trust level for JAG is through the roof right now. But I can't believe that there were two wolves up for the whole weekend either, which reflects very well on CR.

So... let's hope BK is the last remaining wolf otherwise I'm a bit stuck.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:33 PM   #630
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I am sure that was the purpose of the vote, making people question why he would do it and possibly vote another candidate.

This is a definite possibility. If I was the cultist trying to draw votes off the last remaining wolf, knowing that everyone suspects I'm the cultist, this is about the time I'd choose to do it. It doesn't change anything for me.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:24 PM   #631
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Vote BK
Old 03-29-2011, 03:55 PM   #632
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I'm not so willing to give Lathum a pass on the Woodsman thing, especially given we know I was protected on Night One (so we have a plausible explanation for the Night One no-kill). It would indeed be ballsy for a wolf to claim that role, not knowing if it was in the game, but I don't think it's such a stretch for a wolf to take a risk that that role isn't present. It's not a common role at all, and Lathum is bold enough of a player to do that.

Plus, I haven't really bought into the whole "well, he can't hurt us so why go for him now" explanation of not killing Lathum. He's a roled villager with the potential to hurt the wolves down the road and the seer is dead. There is no reason to not take care of Lathum in that situation, IMO.

All that said, I think it would be foolish to not look at BK first before we start going down this road. There is a lot more questionable about BK at this point than there is about Lathum.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:27 PM   #633
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

CR, do you really think the only roles we have are a seer and BG?

Or that I would cast such a decidinv vote on Sal yesterday?
Old 03-29-2011, 04:45 PM   #634
dwardzala
H.S. Freshman Team

The two obvious choices are BK and CR and at this point I am inclined to go with popular opinion and vote BK.

Vote BK
dwardzala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:46 PM   #635
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I'm not saying, Lathum, that my hypothesis is the most realistic out there. Just saying we shouldn't be throwing around trust in boatloads just yet.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:48 PM   #636
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I'm not saying, Lathum, that my hypothesis is the most realistic out there. Just saying we shouldn't be throwing around trust in boatloads just yet.

I agree, but aside from those scanned there is no reason I shouldn't be about as trusted as can be.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:16 PM   #637
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I agree, but aside from those scanned there is no reason I shouldn't be about as trusted as can be.

We could say the same thing about me, considering my being protected on Night One when there was no night kill, and how unlikely it is that we had a wolf-wolf vote going (I know 100% it was wolf-villager, but I am speaking from the perspective of the rest of the village).

I don't necessarily think a vote for either of us is the right way to go, but it will be more interesting if it turns out BK is not a wolf. There aren't too many true uncleared's left, which means we're back to interpreting mixed results.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:18 PM   #638
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

BTW, might as well put my vote in for BK. Interesting to note we haven't seen much comment from him today, although I know he said he's really busy right now. If he's a villager, we're not going to get anything of value from this vote.

VOTE BARKEEP

Old 03-29-2011, 05:37 PM   #639
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
We could say the same thing about me, considering my being protected on Night One when there was no night kill, and how unlikely it is that we had a wolf-wolf vote going (I know 100% it was wolf-villager, but I am speaking from the perspective of the rest of the village).

Hardly.

I have made an unchallanged claim to a villager role, and we already know there are 2 roles not in the game. There is also a possibility I was attacked N1 or there was no kill submitted.

It is almost as if you are the cultist, you know BK is not a wolf, and you are trying to set up a me vs you showdown tomorrow...
Old 03-29-2011, 06:40 PM   #640
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hardly.

I have made an unchallanged claim to a villager role, and we already know there are 2 roles not in the game. There is also a possibility I was attacked N1 or there was no kill submitted.

It is almost as if you are the cultist, you know BK is not a wolf, and you are trying to set up a me vs you showdown tomorrow...

We'll agree to disagree then. It seems others don't agree with you, since I am not so much the candidate today after yesterday--nor should I be.

If I was the cultist, I would have been doing a lot more than I had up to now to get heat off of the wolves, and you know that. You just don't like the concept that you might not be 100% trusted.

Sorry, you shouldn't be anymore trusted than I am at this point.

Old 03-29-2011, 06:41 PM   #641
Autumn
Head Coach

Vote count as of post 640

6 barkeep49 - JAG (613), bhlloy (616), mauboy1 (624), lathum (631), dwardzala (634), chief rum (638)
Old 03-29-2011, 06:47 PM   #642
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So I've been too busy to really check-in today. I see I'm going down. I think it's a misguided reading of one post by a known villager. That's right a player we KNOW to be a villager. This is why I fought so hard yesterday for saldana since if he was bad I knew I was going to die. I hope the village has better luck tomorrow since we still have a bit of a cushion.

Vote JAG
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:56 PM   #643
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

wait - Barkeep is playing?!??!!

Now that I've cut back on my board-time Barkeep returns to WW??

WTF!!!!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:20 PM   #644
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
wait - Barkeep is playing?!??!!

Now that I've cut back on my board-time Barkeep returns to WW??

WTF!!!!

But you're losing weight! Keep it up!

(go village)
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:28 PM   #645
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
(go Flyers)

fixed if for ya...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:31 PM   #646
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
fixed if for ya...

The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:02 PM   #647
Autumn
Head Coach

Final votes count

6 barkeep49 - JAG (613), bhlloy (616), mauboy1 (624), lathum (631), dwardzala (634), chief rum (638)
1 JAG - barkeep49 (642)
Old 03-29-2011, 09:03 PM   #648
Autumn
Head Coach

Though there was no murder last night, the village is sure there is another werewolf among them. The way Saldana died, quietly with a smirking look at them all, it spoke volumes. And so again they cast their lots for who is to die. There is little to be decided, it seems, all line up against one, dragging him to the gallows. They agree that he must die, and they agree that if he is no werewolf, they will be in a very, very dark place.

Barkeep49 pleads his innocence. He points to the house he grew up in as a boy, before he left on a long voyage far from the villager. One of the few to have ever left the village, and one of even fewer to have come back. He has only been back home, to see his sweet family, for a few weeks, he pleads, how could they do this to him. But the village turns away and lets the hangman do his work.

It almost goes all wrong. The sun sinks quickly and as the moon crests the trees, Barkeep goes berserk, his body twisting into a hairy, inhuman shape. "I came back all right, I came back for all of you. The creatures of the forest, they gave me a gift, and I came back to give it to you, those who are worthy. But now I think I will just feast on the rest." He backhands the hangman and lunges at the shocked group of villagers.

Luckily the noose holds tight and pulls him back. Still, his claws are sharp enough to shred the rope and he sets to work, growling and hissing in his bestial form. Lucky for the villagers, the woodsman shakes off his shock and steps forward, the silver dagger in hand. Barkeep claws him viciously as he steps in, but Lathum drives the dagger home into the beast's heart, killing him.

"Welcome back," he says.

Then looking around in shock at the village he adds, "Hey! I'm still alive!"

Barkeep49 was a werewolf, the last werewolf. The Village wins!
Old 03-29-2011, 09:16 PM   #649
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Hurrah. Good job seer and BG. And I even got to take one of Jackal's daughters...
Old 03-29-2011, 09:16 PM   #650
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks for running the game Autumn.