Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-05-2017, 10:05 PM   #6751
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
Tillerson is only there to get Russian sanctions lifted for money for Exxon and himself and Trump's lack of subtlety in everything is killing him.

I think Tillerson is rich enough and he don't need more. I think he's a good guy trying to give back to the country.

As Corker alluded to, are we wanting and are they (Tillerson, Kelly, McMaster) staying on because they know if they left it would be much worse? I would like to give them the benefit of doubt.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:16 PM   #6752
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I think Tillerson is rich enough and he don't need more. I think he's a good guy trying to give back to the country.

As Corker alluded to, are we wanting and are they (Tillerson, Kelly, McMaster) staying on because they know if they left it would be much worse? I would like to give them the benefit of doubt.

Tillerson led Exxon violated Russian sanctions. He's as dirty as it gets and is trying to keep Trump from screwing up his sugar daddy situation. He's refusing to use $80 million to investigate Russian propaganda.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/07/20/inve...ons/index.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...-a7851351.html

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/02/politi...sia/index.html

Last edited by CrescentMoonie : 10-05-2017 at 10:20 PM.
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:19 PM   #6753
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie View Post
Tillerson has funneled money from Russia through shell corporations. He's as dirty as it gets and is trying to keep Trump from screwing up his sugar daddy situation.

I would be interested in reading more. Do you have links?
Old 10-05-2017, 10:22 PM   #6754
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
I would be interested in reading more. Do you have links?

Leak reveals Rex Tillerson was director of Bahamas-based US-Russian oil firm | US news | The Guardian

A Brief Guide to Rex Tillerson's Controversial Foreign Ties - The Atlantic
Old 10-05-2017, 10:30 PM   #6755
Edward64
Head Coach

Interesting. Thanks.
Old 10-06-2017, 05:20 AM   #6756
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
But there were other Trump voters that I think may be regretting their decision after seeing how things have been.
I suspect that the number is much smaller than you think. They got a Gorsuch in the Supreme Court, which is the only reason many of them voted for him in the first place.

(And I've personally talked to some who are literally praying for Mueller to turn up something impeachable. If this whole thing ends up with President Pence, they'll feel smart and *completely* justified in voting for Trump.)

Yes, I'm sure there are some swing voters who voted "outsider" who are now thinking "this outsider is an idiot," and would vote otherwise, but the bulk of center-right folks who went with Team R despite their strong misgivings about the specific candidate? I don't see it.

Anecdotal, but interesting to think about nonetheless: one of my closest friends from home--a guy who was a groomsman at my wedding--is a solid case study here. He supported Rubio in the primaries, but was a nose-holding Trump voter, and actually called me up to try to talk me into joining him. (After all, my vote was much more significant than his; he still lives in Georgia, while I'm in a swing state that most people thought Trump *had* to win to have a chance to stop HRC.) Pretty close to a direct quote from that conversation was "Ben, look, I know we can't trust Trump. We have no idea what kind of person he might put on the Supreme Court. But you know as well as I do what Hillary will do to the Court if she gets the chance."

By the way, this guy also point-blank stated to me before the election that he thought Trump's ego would get us into a "stupid war" within 6 months of him being President. So between Gorsuch and 9 months without a war, it's fair (and sad) to say that Trump has significantly exceeded this guy's expectations.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:25 AM   #6757
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
I suspect that the number is much smaller than you think. They got a Gorsuch in the Supreme Court, which is the only reason many of them voted for him in the first place.

(And I've personally talked to some who are literally praying for Mueller to turn up something impeachable. If this whole thing ends up with President Pence, they'll feel smart and *completely* justified in voting for Trump.)

Yes, I'm sure there are some swing voters who voted "outsider" who are now thinking "this outsider is an idiot," and would vote otherwise, but the bulk of center-right folks who went with Team R despite their strong misgivings about the specific candidate? I don't see it.

Anecdotal, but interesting to think about nonetheless: one of my closest friends from home--a guy who was a groomsman at my wedding--is a solid case study here. He supported Rubio in the primaries, but was a nose-holding Trump voter, and actually called me up to try to talk me into joining him. (After all, my vote was much more significant than his; he still lives in Georgia, while I'm in a swing state that most people thought Trump *had* to win to have a chance to stop HRC.) Pretty close to a direct quote from that conversation was "Ben, look, I know we can't trust Trump. We have no idea what kind of person he might put on the Supreme Court. But you know as well as I do what Hillary will do to the Court if she gets the chance."

By the way, this guy also point-blank stated to me before the election that he thought Trump's ego would get us into a "stupid war" within 6 months of him being President. So between Gorsuch and 9 months without a war, it's fair (and sad) to say that Trump has significantly exceeded this guy's expectations.

I am in this group. I was on the fence between Trump and Johnson. Living in Ohio, the Supreme Court list was what made me pull the trigger for Trump. Clinton had no business being anywhere close to the levers of power. Trump was the devil I didn't know, Clinton was the devil I did.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:51 AM   #6758
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:

Trump alludes to "calm before the storm" in confusing comments - CBS News

Dunno if I'd put much hope on getting to a year.

...or he's doing his usual random bullshitting. Who knows.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:39 AM   #6759
BBT
H.S. Freshman Team

Probably BS, for now. No real political gain by going to war now.

However, fully expect that if we make it to Trump year 3, we will be at war with someone to try and boost his popularity for the elections.
BBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:45 AM   #6760
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Add another item to the list of Obama accomplishments undone by Trump.

83 Month streak of positive job numbers comes to an end.

Doubt we'll see any tweet about this.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:56 AM   #6761
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I'm with Ben here. Trump is governing precisely as he ran.

If Jeb had gotten the nomination and won the presidency and then acted exactly as Trump has, I'd say that he'd be in trouble because a lot of people who supported him would be shocked and disappointed.

But what has Trump done or not done that has really surprised us? I don't see how you pull the lever for him in November and end up not pulling it 4 years later based on how he's been in office so far.

(Other things might change like the Dem candidate, etc. to change the election of course).
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:04 AM   #6762
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I don't think that's true for Obama voters that switched, and I expect some or most of the difference between Trump's election percentage and polling represents those folks.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:10 AM   #6763
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

IIRC, the single biggest predictor for Obama voters who switched to vote for Trump was their views on immigration. I don't think Trump has quite let them down on that.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:25 AM   #6764
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

And don't forget all those gullible voters that voted Trump only due to Russian propaganda.

Does Gary Johnson's "Allepo?" moment really look that bad now looking back?
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:31 AM   #6765
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
And don't forget all those gullible voters that voted Trump only due to Russian propaganda.

Does Gary Johnson's "Allepo?" moment really look that bad now looking back?

Gary Johnson is an interesting point.

Last election had a high number of 3rd party voters. How do they feel about Trump? Are they going to vote Dem to get him out? Are they going to stay home? Go 3rd party again? They saw Trump and Clinton as equally unacceptable. Will that hold in 3 years with another Democratic candidate? I have no idea personally, but it seems like a huge question.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:37 AM   #6766
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

Last election had a high number of 3rd party voters. How do they feel about Trump? Are they going to vote Dem to get him out? Are they going to stay home? Go 3rd party again? They saw Trump and Clinton as equally unacceptable. Will that hold in 3 years with another Democratic candidate? I have no idea personally, but it seems like a huge question.

The funny part is how most of the board views Trump is how I view all presidents. Not the moronic Trump-specific twitter stuff but the trying to ram stuff through Congress and the king-like executive power he thinks he has and the showing up to disasters for photo ops etc. I will likely always be a third party voter though if you told me I was that deciding vote Kevin Costner guy from the movie in the last election I would have voted Hillary over Gary Johnson for sure.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:44 AM   #6767
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

I voted for Johnson because my vote was in a state that was going to go to one candidate only and I want more options. Depending on how things look next time, and where I'll be, I would consider voting Democrat for the first time in my life just to get Trump out of office.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:15 AM   #6768
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
IIRC, the single biggest predictor for Obama voters who switched to vote for Trump was their views on immigration. I don't think Trump has quite let them down on that.

I think of the woman I saw that claimed to have voted for Bush, Obama, and Trump, and was now regretting her decision. She clearly makes choices entirely disconnected to policy.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:39 AM   #6769
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I think of the woman I saw that claimed to have voted for Bush, Obama, and Trump, and was now regretting her decision. She clearly makes choices entirely disconnected to policy.

Probably votes on who she would like to have a beer with.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:08 PM   #6770
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Someone needs to tell trump that hiding facts doesn't change reality ..

FEMA removes statistics about drinking water access and electricity in Puerto Rico from website - The Washington Post
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:10 PM   #6771
tarcone
Coordinator

I voted Johnson and will vote Johnson again. Im tired of the system we have in place.
It is a big government candidate against a big government candidate. Both of which make the corporations more rich.

Its time for change.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:12 PM   #6772
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Trump offers broad leeway to employers to drop birth control coverage

Some meat for his base.

Last edited by NobodyHere : 10-06-2017 at 12:13 PM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:21 PM   #6773
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
I voted Johnson and will vote Johnson again. Im tired of the system we have in place.
It is a big government candidate against a big government candidate. Both of which make the corporations more rich.

Its time for change.

I also voted Johnson, but will vote nearly any Dem next time to avoid a second Trump term, as long as they are more palatable then him. Which shouldn't be hard to accomplish. I just can't take 4 more years of this trainwreck, if we make it through the first 4 unscathed.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 10-06-2017 at 12:21 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:24 PM   #6774
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

Typical Trump, I really can't see any employer of major standing taking this benefit away.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:34 PM   #6775
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
Trump alludes to "calm before the storm" in confusing comments - CBS News

Dunno if I'd put much hope on getting to a year.

...or he's doing his usual random bullshitting. Who knows.

Maybe less bullshitting and more wishful thinking on his part. I think Trump really wants to be a war-time President and is trying hard to find a war to fight. And of course not Iraq or Afghanistan. Those wars have other people's names on them. He needs his own war. The best war. It'll be so good no one will be able to believe it!
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 08:31 AM   #6776
whomario
Pro Starter

I hope in the future we can all laugh about this episode (Trump as President) and play a party game of "Dictator or President", reading absurd statements and attributing them to one or the other.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 10-07-2017 at 08:31 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 03:05 PM   #6777
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Old 10-07-2017, 03:20 PM   #6778
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

The Trump approach is obviously making North Korea think twice before moving forward on their nuclear arms program.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 05:22 PM   #6779
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Does anyone in the admin have the guts to tell the president that everyone knows he's full of shit? His threats mean nothing because the whole world knows it's empty bluster.
Old 10-07-2017, 05:48 PM   #6780
PilotMan
Head Coach

He is quickly turning into the boy who cried "wolf".

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 08:28 PM   #6781
sabotai
General Manager

Also, lol at Trump for criticizing a nation for not honoring their agreements.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 08:53 PM   #6782
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Does anyone in the admin have the guts to tell the president that everyone knows he's full of shit? His threats mean nothing because the whole world knows it's empty bluster.

Being full of shit won him the Presidency. Convince his supporters of the truth and then you have something.
Old 10-07-2017, 11:53 PM   #6783
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Being full of shit won him the Presidency. Convince his supporters of the truth and then you have something.

Why Trump Supporters Were Susceptible to Fake News - The Atlantic

Good luck with that.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:28 AM   #6784
digamma
Torchbearer

The full interview with Huckabee that a lot of these quotes are coming from is amazing and ridiculous. Just another Sunday morning!
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 09:45 AM   #6785
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

OMG, the towels quote.

Quote:
“They had these beautiful, soft towels. Very good towels,” Trump said in a conversation that aired on Christian television network Trinity Broadcasting. “And I came in and there was a crowd of a lot of people. And they were screaming and they were loving everything. I was having fun, they were having fun. They said, ‘Throw ‘em to me! Throw ‘em to me, Mr. President!’”

and

Quote:
“I think one of the greatest of all terms I’ve come up with is ‘fake.’ I guess other people have used it, perhaps, over the years, but I’ve never noticed it,” he said.

Last edited by JPhillips : 10-08-2017 at 10:01 AM.
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:15 AM   #6786
mckerney
Coordinator

The man who coined the phrase 'prime the pump' now gives you a new word, 'fake.'

Donald Trump defends paper towels in Puerto Rico, says Stephen Paddock was ‘probably smart’ in bizarre TV interview: Analysis | Toronto Star

Quote:
2. He took credit for inventing the word ‘fake’

Trump, as so often, called the media “fake.” And then he, it seemed, took credit for coining the word “fake.”

“I think one of the greatest of all terms I’ve come up with is ‘fake.’ I guess other people have used it, perhaps, over the years, but I’ve never noticed it,” he said.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:51 AM   #6787
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Daaamn.

Quote:
“It’s a shame the White House has become an adult day care center,” Corker tweeted. “Someone obviously missed their shift this morning.”
Old 10-08-2017, 10:57 AM   #6788
Thomkal
Head Coach

Corker not holding back now that he's retiring
Old 10-08-2017, 11:07 AM   #6789
kingfc22
Head Coach

It's a shame these Republican representatives continue to allow the day care center to operate. Just empty words without any action.

Last edited by kingfc22 : 10-08-2017 at 11:07 AM.
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 11:08 AM   #6790
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
OMG, the towels quote.

and

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post

Did you not see his quotes and conversation on canned meat and water purification tablets?

I mean, how those didn't go incredibly viral I don't know.

Quote:
"I've never seen that before," he remarked, as he held aloft canned meat

Quote:
Here's the relevant passage, per The Post's Arelis R. Hernandez and Jenna Johnson:
"Wait," Trump said, "you put it in dirty water?"
"And then you can drink it after 10 to 12 hours," she explained.
"Would you do it? Would you drink it?" he asked.
"Sure," she said.
"Really?" Trump said, a disgusted look coming across his face.
"Really," she said.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 11:16 AM   #6791
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Did you not see his quotes and conversation on canned meat and water purification tablets?

I mean, how those didn't go incredibly viral I don't know.

Truly a politician for the working man.

Old 10-08-2017, 12:09 PM   #6792
RainMaker
General Manager

Who was the President who was baffled about supermarket scanners back in the day?
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 12:36 PM   #6793
digamma
Torchbearer

Bush 41
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 12:48 PM   #6794
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

I held out hope that Pence was an actual adult in part due to knowing someone who worked for him in Indiana. I guess it's time to admit he's nothing more than a grandstanding political opportunist.

Vice President Pence walks out of Colts game over 49ers’ national anthem protests - The Washington Post
Old 10-08-2017, 12:55 PM   #6795
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I held out hope that Pence was an actual adult in part due to knowing someone who worked for him in Indiana. I guess it's time to admit he's nothing more than a grandstanding political opportunist.

Vice President Pence walks out of Colts game over 49ers’ national anthem protests - The Washington Post

Given the teams it was probably a smart decision.
Old 10-08-2017, 01:31 PM   #6796
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

He's the one that signed a law in Indiana for allowing workers to act on their conscience while on the job, right?

Old 10-08-2017, 01:43 PM   #6797
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Pence still has the right to react however he wants. I'm not sure what's so difficult about that concept to some people.
Old 10-08-2017, 01:48 PM   #6798
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
Pence still has the right to react however he wants. I'm not sure what's so difficult about that concept to some people.

He knew what was going to happen, he went anyway under the pretense that he was there for Manning's jersey retirement, then he walked out and made sure to get a statement out to the press. He's a grandstanding opportunist jackass.
Old 10-08-2017, 02:19 PM   #6799
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

#snowflake
Old 10-08-2017, 02:21 PM   #6800
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

dola

That time when Scalise argues for legal missile launchers.

Quote:
“Is there a limit?” Todd asked. “Is the right to bear arms unlimited or is there a limit?”

“Look, the Second Amendment really predates the Bill of Rights,” Scalise replied. “It is a long history in our country to make sure that you protect the right of citizens to bear arms.”

“But is it unlimited?” Todd pressed.

“It is,” Scalise replied.