Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-18-2009, 04:05 PM   #651
whomario
Pro Starter

@ daddy torgo : What is your setting in terms of leagues and database ? And what type of PC have you got ? Incredible how fast you are going !

Iīve just reached the end of 2009 (although part of the reason iīm still figuring things out, socuting etc. Will go quicker from now on i think).
Am 3rd in the league after a couple draws against bottom feeders, reached the knockout stage in the champions league going first in front of Lyon and Arsenal (who had injury trouble).

Milevskiy has been my best player, scored 11 and assisted 6 in 14 games (has missed 4 with an injury) and was especially great in the champions league (5 goals in 4 games), Gillardino most consistent and best goal scorer with 12 in 18 games.
Jovetic hasnīt yet found the ideal role but still good, on defense Gamberini has been massive with a 7.25 ovrl (for a central defender i reckon that awesome) with Dainelli/HUmmels nice complements.

surprise of the season has been young norwegian Yttergard Jenssen who aided by some injuries played 10 games allready.

I need another striker, best reserve is 34 year old Castillo who is limited to playing headers. Even had to call up 16 year old prospect Babacar (who looks really talented) every now and then and he has 4 games allready off the bench.

Last edited by whomario : 11-18-2009 at 04:10 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 05:06 PM   #652
whomario
Pro Starter

in general it seems as if striker score a bit too much, or maybe itīs just easier to get the team ractics right or maybe i just have better strikers than with FM09
Gillardino just scored all 4 goals in a 4-2 victory over Bari.

In FM09 it was too few goals by strikers, early indication is they went a little bit too much in the other direction.

Have just taken lead in the serie A Up by 3 points after 16 games. Still think with my house rules iīm going to have a real challenge for years. Iīm really not playing that great, quite a few lucky breaks and key injuries to the other contenders. Plus they are allready stacking up with new talent which i canīt/wonīt do .
Old 11-18-2009, 06:31 PM   #653
Qrusher14242
High School JV

yeah almost all my goals are from strikers. Course i play with 3 up front and 2 wingers. But the wingers almost never score and either does my central midfielder
Qrusher14242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:19 PM   #654
whomario
Pro Starter

damn it, first real rough stretch. Lost 0-1 to Palermo in the Cup, then to Juve 1-2 on a last minute penalty, the only a draw against Genoa despite heavy pressure from my squad. Then lost 2-4 against Lazio after leading 2-0 at the half ...
Plus Beckham out 3-4 months and Gillardino playing like crap ...
Next up Milan who have won 4 in a row and who beat me handily in the first leg ... Better going to bet now, maybe thatīll help my luck

Last edited by whomario : 11-18-2009 at 07:22 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:28 PM   #655
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i get a good amount of goals from AMC's with "Attack" roles so they're running late into the box.

@whomario - my PC is nothing special. In fact it's old.

Core 2 1.66GHz, 2GB of RAM

I tend to keep the game pretty "lean and mean" though because I know I'll get up there into the 2020's or 2030 or so, so I like to keep it humming. For instance I only have England/Italy/Spain/Holland/Argentina/Brazil active right now (multiple leagues in all - deeper in Italy/Spain)
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 03:17 AM   #656
whomario
Pro Starter

active leagues = playbale ? Or view only ?
Hmm, iīm on a laptop with dual core 1.83 and 4 GB Ram (albeit 32 bit system aka "uses only 3 of those" ) with Italy up to Serie C1 , England/Germany/Spain/France/Brazil/Norway playable with only the top division (playing with a top clup the lower leagues of other countries donīt mean much) and Holland, Russia, Portugal and Argentina on view only. Also have "players from top clubs" loaded in Europe and south america (f.e. clubs like the turkish top clubs or Ukraine ,an aditional 2000 players loaded. About 35000 players loaded) .
Everything but the Serie A on minimal detail procession in the preferences.

But it does run faster than FM09, now i just have to play more efficient, keep looking around (like browsing through stats and results from other leagues) or messing with training schedules or looking at scout reports for minutes at a time instead of clicking continue.

Might have found a striker for next season in my own ranks, one of my players on loan is a 21 year old brasilian named Jefferson has scored 12 in 18 games with a mid-table serie b club and has solid physichal and goal scoring attributes. Maybe going to try to get a veteran (30-32 year) Italian striker for cheap.
And in 1 1/2 i suspect to have Babacar ready to roll. Going to loan him (and another 17 year old youngster with the kick ass name "Ryder Matos") out next year to a serie b club to get some experience and then the year after they should be contributors.

Now the one area i need someone is in midfield, basically all my players there are either good on defense or offense or ok in both areas, would like a dynamic all arround player.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:17 AM   #657
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
I put so much work into the game before I hit the continue button, but it pays off in the long run:

-I setup a spreadsheet with all of the players on my team with their ratings.

does this enable you to follow player progress ? I know there was some sort of little programm back in the day that i used for FM06. Is there anything like that for FM10 ?
Right now i basically just take screenshots of my players (that are worth keeping track on, first team players and youg talents with at least a 2 1/2 star rating) twice a season.

Does anyone else feel itīs kind of iritating that the star rating basically has 3 stars as very good (and possibly star) player of your team ? I know it kinda makes sense but just for my rational thinking iīd like all star ratings be up 1 higher in a way.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:51 AM   #658
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Playing as a top club (reputation 9000+) even players with a CA of ~175 only show up as 3.5 stars. I've never seen anyone with more than 4 stars so far in my career, not even Messi.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:41 AM   #659
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
Playing as a top club (reputation 9000+) even players with a CA of ~175 only show up as 3.5 stars. I've never seen anyone with more than 4 stars so far in my career, not even Messi.

I'm assuming you all are saying this is the way it is in the top tier programs. I'm in the Blue Square Premier League and I've got 5 star players, thought that mostly indicates that I've got players that are playing below the level they should be at.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:57 AM   #660
whomario
Pro Starter

yeah, i know. I get the reasoning as with that type of reputation basically only the best players are up to snuff. But itīs still kind of irritating getting a 2.5 star player for my fiorentina squad but who is way qualified to play every game for me.
Basically i think it should be a bit less strict than it is now at the higher levels, purely cosmetic though as i can judge it pretty well myself.

@ Mizzou B-ball fan : Nice, iīm also thinking hard of maybe starting another parralell game in england, although not quite as low but more along the lines of a decent league 1 club.
Is it still the same struggle to keep up over the course of that massively long season ? (46 league games, right ? )
Old 11-19-2009, 11:23 AM   #661
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
@ Mizzou B-ball fan : Nice, iīm also thinking hard of maybe starting another parralell game in england, although not quite as low but more along the lines of a decent league 1 club.

Is it still the same struggle to keep up over the course of that massively long season ? (46 league games, right ? )

I've personally always started at a bottom level and worked my way up. My first job is always in Blue Square North/South or in the C2 league in Italy. I move up by getting offered new jobs or getting promoted. I play every single game with highlights only.

My previous game was in the 2008 version where I played 52 seasons. Started in Liga C2 in Italy and ended up in the Premier League in England. Hope to do something similar in this game. Coached in BS South in my first season and then took an offer for Aldershot in BS Premier for my second season. Started hot, but now mid-table in March. Expectations were top-half, so I'm good. Got some salary issues that need to be addressed. Got a couple of 30-some guys making a lot of money and not doing anything and can't unload for free transfer. Once I get that straightened out, should make progress.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:40 AM   #662
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
When watching games, do you guys set it for just the key plays or the whole thing?

I watch the whole match. It's the only way I feel comfortable evaluating how everyone plays. Only takes ~hour with speed set one tick above default.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:54 PM   #663
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
I watch the whole match. It's the only way I feel comfortable evaluating how everyone plays. Only takes ~hour with speed set one tick above default.

Man, it would take me forever to go that way. I do key highlights with the speed set two-three ticks above default and it still takes me at least two weeks to get through a year.

EDIT: Granted, I'm only playing a couple hours at a stretch. But still.

Last edited by path12 : 11-19-2009 at 12:54 PM.
path12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:26 PM   #664
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post

only an hour ? thatīs some odd 40 hours of gametime per season, processing and off-game stuff not included
Iīm fine with key plays, key games late in the season on extended sometimes.

@ Mizzou B-ball fan : This is sth i have never been able to do, changing clubs. I know my way isnīt realistic but iīm not flexible enough figuring out a new team every couple seasons. In FM 09 i never changed clubs, in FM 06 i did once. Just not for me.

Right now iīm having trouble in paradise, Gilardino expressed his desire to leave and didnīt back down from that ...
Just as i write this he gets injured for 5-6 weeks with a twisted ankle.

on the other hand that brazilian youngster with the kick ass name (Ryder Matos, nearly as good as "Martial Yao" who i had in FM 09 at my club) in Fiorentinaīs youth setup has now the media comparison "could be the next Ronaldo" (original Ronaldo) which i wouldnīt be opposed to at all
Has 11 goals and 17 assists for my youth team, his stats only just improved for the first time (still on youth training though, turns 17 end of march).

Propably wonīt buy any young players at all with all those quality kids in my own youth academy (propably 5-6 serious first team candidates on all positions)

Last edited by whomario : 11-19-2009 at 05:11 PM.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:54 AM   #665
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

Without any data to back it up and with a very small sample size it looks to me that we might be seeing a bit to many hat-tricks (or better).
Northwood_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:11 AM   #666
whomario
Pro Starter

Too many striker goals period is the issue behind that. There were too few in FM09, too many now. Plus theres too many medium range shot goals from guys that have no good long shot ratings, like f.e. most strikers who score a ton from 20-25 metres out.

This and physichal attributes dropping way too fast for older guys are my only gripes with the game thus far.

Last edited by whomario : 11-20-2009 at 03:18 AM.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:33 AM   #667
Bisbo
H.S. Freshman Team

Quick question: how can I fully delegate training to one of my assistants? I know there must be a way, but I haven't been able to find it yet. Really loving this version so far.
Bisbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:37 AM   #668
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisbo View Post
Quick question: how can I fully delegate training to one of my assistants? I know there must be a way, but I haven't been able to find it yet. Really loving this version so far.

I go to the coaches tab under training. There's a button on the right hand side that says 'Assign all' which automatically assigns all coaches to training needs. I click that button every couple of months to allow it to adjust when needed. Also, I reassign when adding or losing any staff.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:28 PM   #669
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
I go to the coaches tab under training. There's a button on the right hand side that says 'Assign all' which automatically assigns all coaches to training needs. I click that button every couple of months to allow it to adjust when needed. Also, I reassign when adding or losing any staff.

This only determines what coaches are doing what training, not what training a player receives !

I think he means player schedules.

If you want to go the easy route, load this schedules : Tug's Training 2010

1) put them into the "schedules" folder in your FM2010 folder within your documents (not the game install folder) , if itīs not there create it.

2) go to the team training menu

3) manage schedules

4) import

5) assign you players according to position (you can mark multiple players using STRG or Shift up and assign them all the same schedules at once)

Takes some time still, but you do not want to leave the degault schedule on all your players

Last edited by whomario : 11-20-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:51 PM   #670
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Hmmm. Gogamer has it at 34.95 now. Decisions decisions.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:59 PM   #671
Bisbo
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
This only determines what coaches are doing what training, not what training a player receives !

I think he means player schedules.

If you want to go the easy route, load this schedules : Tug's Training 2010

1) put them into the "schedules" folder in your FM2010 folder within your documents (not the game install folder) , if itīs not there create it.

2) go to the team training menu

3) manage schedules

4) import

5) assign you players according to position (you can mark multiple players using STRG or Shift up and assign them all the same schedules at once)

Takes some time still, but you do not want to leave the degault schedule on all your players

Thanks very much!
Bisbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:40 PM   #672
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Go to the SI Tactics and Training forum, you'll find a few threads that point to tactics downloads. You can just download them and import them into your game.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:01 PM   #673
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

If I buy the game through Steam, does that mean I will have to be connected to Steam in order to play it? In other words, if my internet is down will I be unable to play it?
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:02 PM   #674
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999 View Post
If I buy the game through Steam, does that mean I will have to be connected to Steam in order to play it? In other words, if my internet is down will I be unable to play it?

That is correct.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:09 PM   #675
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

You will still be able to play FM with steam in offline mode.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:09 PM   #676
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
That is correct.

If I buy the boxed version, am I able to play if my internet isn't working? Or does it still go through Steam?

Last edited by illinifan999 : 11-20-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:24 PM   #677
Shepp
High School Varsity

If you have the boxed version you have the option to activate it through Steam or play the game with the DVD in the drive.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:51 PM   #678
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

There aren't many things better than making that slight adjustment that gets your team go from a scoring slump to scoring seven goals in back to back league games, including a 7-1 thrashing of one of your main rivals in their own stadium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
You will still be able to play FM with steam in offline mode.

Yup.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:58 PM   #679
Qrusher14242
High School JV

yeah, i just took over at Inter Milan and got beat 7-0(!!!) to Sampdoria but then went and beat A.C. Milan 4-3. Not sure what i changed that did changed it. I'm also manager of Togo and just beat the DR of Congo 4-3 in the African Nations Tournament in 2012. Never got to play in that before in FM. Only real good player we have is Adebayor heh
Qrusher14242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:14 PM   #680
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Are there any kit megapacks out yet?
Old 11-20-2009, 10:00 PM   #681
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

dola

I downloaded the real competition names file from 09, but it didn't work. Is there an update one that I need to use, or did I just do it wrong?
Old 11-21-2009, 01:17 AM   #682
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

posting the match file here as soon as it's over but diego just hit an AMAZING free kick goal for me

from the left side of the field, about midway between the edge of the penalty box and the sideline...12 yards out...he whipped it in near post

Remove .zip from the end so it's a .pkm file and check it out. CL semifinals, 2nd leg (home) - it ends up being the winning goal
Attached Files
File Type: zip Juventus v Man City.pkm.zip (74.2 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 11-21-2009 at 01:24 AM.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:06 AM   #683
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

The last version I played was '08 and I wasn't having this very minor issue with that version. Does anyone know if there is a way to lock a custom view on the player search screen? The first screen you see has the players' positions, country, values. I want to see the position and average rating and have that lock. When I go to the average rating page, select a player to look at his ratings, and then go back, it defaults back to the players' positions, country, values screen. So I then have to click on the ratings page again. It's a minor annoyance, but I wish I could figure out how to lock the player search page to positions and ratings or to positions, ratings and values. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by Ajaxab : 11-21-2009 at 09:07 AM.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:55 AM   #684
whomario
Pro Starter

you have to go to the general view screen (or whichever you want to modify), then :

views ---> custom ---> customize current view

then you can add, delete, move however you like. When you are done just confirm and then you can go to view----> custom and there should be sth called "copy of general view" .
You can of course rename that via views ----> manage views (scroll down and there should be "copy of general view" which you can then click on and rename)
Old 11-21-2009, 01:11 PM   #685
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i've never taken advantage yet of customizing views and screens yet...
Old 11-21-2009, 01:25 PM   #686
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

I added assists and points per match to the team selection screen (that has apps., goals, avg. rating, condition, morale, etc.)

Do players ever miss penalties when you guys watch games? I'm in the fifth year of my career and I can't recall seeing one missed or saved in all that time outside of shootouts (which I do commentary only to skip all the walking back and forth which saves time).

Two things from old versions that I wish were still in the game:

- When scouting a team before the match you could get a rating for all their players, this has out since it went from CM 01/02 to CM4 iirc

- The ability to have different match speeds for text and highlights, I liked having the text fly by with highlights near the middle.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:24 PM   #687
henry296
College Starter

I did have a PK stopped against me. Then again I'm in league 2 so maybe that was why.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:11 PM   #688
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Wow. I decided to take over Karlsruhe in the German 2nd Division. I signed a young Polish striker on a free who the fans felt I was taking a chance on. Well, in 4 league games he has 7 goals and a huge assist while picking up 2 Man of the Match awards. We went into an away clash with Bielefeld who are promotion rivals, and their manager was trying to play mind-games. After the 4-1 demolition, I'd say we were the better team. I'm loving the touchline instructions, really feels like it gives me that much more control over what the players are doing.

Also, this is Group F in the CL:
Marseille
Wolfsburg
Barcelona
Inter

I can't wait to see who survives that gauntlet.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:15 PM   #689
whomario
Pro Starter

actually a missed penalty doomed my upset-win at Juve which would have ensured me winning the title... Followed that (1:1) up with a 3-5 to Lazio in a absolutely shocking finish to the season ...
But hell, 2nd with Fiorentina ? Only won 2 games out of 10 against the Big teams (Juve, AC MIlan, Inter, AS Roma and Lazio Roma) with 2 more draws and 6 losses.
Was very consistent against lower competition which pushed me to the top along with very few major injuries (in comparison to the other top teams espeically).

Major change in the team are :

Players out :

Gillardino ---> AS Roma for free (used FMRTE for that, wanted to give myself a challenge this way as consolidation for me cheating my house rules first season)
Comotto ---> Lazio (3 mio)
Savio ---> Nürnberg (5 mio) . Hurts to let a fellow countrymen go but heīs a left winger exclusively and i donīt play with wingers.
Beckham ---> Birmingham (free). The sucker wanted 3.5 mio from me, then goes and signs for 1.2 ?
Yttergard-Jenssen ---> Bari (4 mio) . Couldnīt settle in the club ...

Players in :

Aquafresca from Atalanta (15 mio) --- 22 year old Italian striker who scored 16 last season and should replace Gilardino nicely. Injured for the first couple games though.

Aaron Hunt (1.2 mio) --- 23 year old offensive Allrounder from germany who can play anywhere up front. Signed as a Backup and for only 700k is a bargain even when he is injury prone. Was very impressive in the preseason including scoring 4 against mexican power house Cruz Azul and also scoring in the Super Cup against Juve.

Luca Cigarini (5 mio) --- 24 year old Italian central midfielder from Napoli. Should challenge the aging Zanetti for his spot. Solid player.

Fabiano Santacroce (4.5 mio) --- 23 year old Italian DC/DR from Napoli as well who isnīt a huge talent but a solid squad player.

Also got a new youth player (a CM) coming up in my youth ranks who looks to be incredibly talented, his worth is calculated @ 6.5 mio allready at Age 15 !!

Napoli uses the money earned from me to get Edin Dzeko from Wolfsburg, who is one of the best strikers in the game, period.

Going to play out this season, afterwards decide whether to continue or start at a lower club. So far the big clubs havenīt exactly brought in many reinforcements, letīs see what the season brings. For all i know i could end up placing 10th

Last edited by whomario : 11-21-2009 at 03:18 PM.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:24 PM   #690
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

fucko

2-1 loss in the CL final against Arsenal as i was going for back-to-backs.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:36 PM   #691
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Also, this is Group F in the CL:
Marseille
Wolfsburg
Barcelona
Inter

I can't wait to see who survives that gauntlet.

Meanwhile, here's how group B was drawn for the World Cup:
Ecuador
North Korea
Switzerland
South Africa

Old 11-21-2009, 11:48 PM   #692
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

dola

How do you guys deal with your team playing down to its opponent? One of my coaches said it looks like we play down, and looking at the games I'd have to agree. Against the top teams, we're winning 4-1, 3-0. Against the bottom teams, we're often coming from behind to win or draw.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:53 AM   #693
whomario
Pro Starter

attack ! Like said with me itīs the other way round and what i do against weaker teams is try to hit them hard and early. Play on "attack" and "fluid" at the start with high pressing and a few more support/attack roles than normal. After 25-30 minutes you should dial down for a while though, especially with a 2nd Bundesliga squad you are going to have trouble sustaining that for 90 minutes.
If itīs tied or you are behind after 65-70 minutes go to that setup again.

But the again it might be that you just arenīt equiped to break down team due to your personal, afaik Karlsruhe would indeed be more capable of counter attacking than breaking down weaker oponents (although actually IRL they just suck at the moment )

Last edited by whomario : 11-22-2009 at 05:00 AM.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:41 AM   #694
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

If I play a weaker team then I go one of two routes:

* If THEY need the win then sit back and counter attack using fast players. The opposition has to push forward they'll leave space at the back for you.

* If YOU need the win then press them hard during phases of the game where they're likely to be weaker.

From a pure psychological perspective at the start of a half a team is at its weakest because they're most likely to be distracted and/or deciding their roles for the match.
From a physical perspective they are most likely to be weak towards the end of a half, tiring slightly and less inclined to battle for that 50-50 ball.

If you actually analyse soccer statistics (yeah I know its a common hobby ) then you'll actually see trends indicating that most goals are scored during these periods of play during a match incidentally .... not a huge amount more (ie. not 2x or something) but why not do yourself a favour and stack the cards your way by using these time periods to be the ones where you really go for it and/or bring on that fast striker (in regards to the end of a match when the opposition is knackered).

PS - Regardless of your starting setup, if you go up against a weak team and they need a result for whatever reason (ie. cup-tie or just league match where a loss gives them nowt) then consider sitting back and counter attacking them. Its MUCH easier to score if an opponent is doing the running and you're hitting them fast than if they have 11 men back defending ...

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 11-22-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:47 PM   #695
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

So I just had a player complain that he's receiving too much media attention and if it doesn't stop he's going to quit football. A day later he pulls up with a groin strain during training and is out 4 weeks. Coincidence? Can I call him a faker in the player interaction?
Old 11-22-2009, 02:20 PM   #696
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
PS - Regardless of your starting setup, if you go up against a weak team and they need a result for whatever reason (ie. cup-tie or just league match where a loss gives them nowt) then consider sitting back and counter attacking them. Its MUCH easier to score if an opponent is doing the running and you're hitting them fast than if they have 11 men back defending ...

BAH! Defense is for sissies. RUN AND KILL!
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:43 PM   #697
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

What's the effect of your relationship with a journalist? The 1 guy who is always at my press conferences hates me. I'm not really sure what I did to piss him off.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:54 PM   #698
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
What's the effect of your relationship with a journalist? The 1 guy who is always at my press conferences hates me. I'm not really sure what I did to piss him off.

Start sending the assistant like SAF does when the BBC comes round.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:45 PM   #699
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Hire Nils Arne Eggen and send him to the pressers - the journalist will be *begging* for you to come back in no time.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 07:23 PM   #700
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
BAH! Defense is for sissies. RUN AND KILL!

I'm more of a George Graham than a Kevin Keegan I'm afraid, 1-0 is my favourite result (well 2-0 actually then I can relax more ).
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote