Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-03-2007, 07:37 PM   #651
hoopsguy
General Manager

RealDeal - isn't actually a wolf, but the cultist. He has known all along who the wolves are and has carefully disguised it behind a mask of bitterness and indifference. He secretly loves my 120+ posts in this thread.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 07:42 PM   #652
hoopsguy
General Manager

Tyrith - I've got nothing. Clear villager.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:46 PM   #653
hoopsguy
General Manager

Neon Chaos - imagine, if you will, a game that has no ending until the last faction is eliminated. The village must break the fourth wall (yes, I understand I'm mixing my mediums here) and take on the moderator. No one had dared to bring this element into the game until Neon Chaos unleashed this game upon unsuspecting wolves and villagers.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:49 PM   #654
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Tyrith - I've got nothing. Clear villager.

Score, I always love when people say that, it makes it so much easier to cause trouble.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 07:54 PM   #655
hoopsguy
General Manager

Neon, if you could please allow my death scene to show me being bored to death by the villagers today that would be great. K, thx.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:59 PM   #656
hoopsguy
General Manager

Path12 - I've been conspicuous by not interacting with him in the thread, except when forced to do so (see his published list for example of this). My number one choice of guys that I picked because of risk he would come gunning for me on some stupid vendetta by Day 4 if we were both still alive. I'm a sucker for guys with numerals in their names when getting to pick co-conspirators. Except for Barkeep49, of course.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:02 PM   #657
path12
Coordinator

You think my vendettas are stupid? *sobs*
Old 10-03-2007, 08:05 PM   #658
hoopsguy
General Manager

Path, they are always wrong Except this time they wouldn't have been, which is why I had to choose you as a fellow wolf.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:09 PM   #659
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

hahahaha
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:10 PM   #660
hoopsguy
General Manager

DaddyTorgo - weirded me out by reacting strangely to my early list. I wanted him to just shut up and let it go, but he called attention to himself. Has since over-corrected by posting almost nothing in the thread. Clearly the player who is most at odds with his WW reputation so far this game. I also refuse to believe that we would re-start humanity with Patriots fans - they were a plague on the rest of us before the bombs fell so why make ourselves suffer like this again?
Old 10-03-2007, 08:11 PM   #661
saldana
Pro Starter

this is the longest day in the history of werewolf
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:12 PM   #662
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
You think my vendettas are stupid? *sobs*

Quote:
Path, they are always wrong Except this time they wouldn't have been, which is why I had to choose you as a fellow wolf.

Gay moment #1 in the history of Werewolf.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:14 PM   #663
path12
Coordinator

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:15 PM   #664
hoopsguy
General Manager

Hold me.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:16 PM   #665
hoopsguy
General Manager

I would PayPal someone $10 if they get QuikSand to pop in this thread between now and the deadline so I can do a write-up on him.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:18 PM   #666
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Hold me.

HA! I almost added that to the end of my last comment.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:21 PM   #667
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

lol...there hasn't really been a need to post anything. today's been basically a formality and yesterday was day 1 hoopie-doopie-doo
Old 10-03-2007, 08:23 PM   #668
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

why has mr. AlanT been so quiet??? he is playing in this game, right??
Old 10-03-2007, 08:25 PM   #669
hoopsguy
General Manager

DT, don't blow it now by defending yourself. Just act like you have been quiet because you have had an important role that will soon become apparent to all.

Survive and advance - today is assured, don't give them a reason to come after you tomorrow. I'm hoping they'll take the bait and go after RendeR like I've suggested all day.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:33 PM   #670
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
V. VOTING:
For the sake of counting votes and making them stand out completely, the following voting format will be employed:

Only valid votes will be counted. Votes must be stand-alone posts, in bold, and colored blue. Casing does not matter, nor does punctuation. Any vote that does not follow this format is INVALID.

example:
Vote Skydog

Unvoting is similar. Unvotes must be stand-alone posts, in bold, and colored red. Casing does not matter. Any unvote that does not follow this format is INVALID.

example:
Unvote Skydog

A combination of an Unvote and a Vote is allowed, see the example:

example:
Unvote Skydog
Vote Skydog

Please follow the voting guidelines provided by our moderator.

I won't use colors, in order to avoid confusion.

UNVOTE HOOPSGUY
VOTE SKYDOG
Old 10-03-2007, 08:34 PM   #671
hoopsguy
General Manager

SkyDog - the man clearly hates villagers. He has shunted all of you into this little corner area of the forum and stripped you of your posts. He has counted on you accepting this rather than standing up and voting him out of the game. This is your time, this is your moment, to stand up and be counted! VOTE SKYDOG!
Old 10-03-2007, 08:37 PM   #672
hoopsguy
General Manager

VOTE SKYDOG
Old 10-03-2007, 08:38 PM   #673
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Where's my post of love?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:40 PM   #674
hoopsguy
General Manager

Barkeep49 - where to begin with this sicko? We've been playing off of each other all game long, well before I was exposed as a wolf by NTN. Go back to my first post when I said I was the first to announce I was not the alpha wolf and BK said he thought I was. This is our standard villager play, to argue with each other in hopes of drawing some attention and votes, but not enough to get voted off. We felt like it would be natural to fake the same kind of stuff in this one in order to excuse both of us still being around by the mid-point of the game. Plus I wanted to share a laugh with him when we outsmarted his favorite villager, Chief Rum.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:40 PM   #675
hoopsguy
General Manager

It does take a little time to type these things up once I see you in the thread. Yeesh.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:45 PM   #676
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
It does take a little time to type these things up once I see you in the thread. Yeesh.

Get your minions to take care of that stuff.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:47 PM   #677
hoopsguy
General Manager

My minion isn't talking to me right now.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:51 PM   #678
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, I think I'll go with something a little more upscale for my final meal tonight. Heck, skip the meal and bring out the good stuff.

Bring me a 1953 Lafite Rothschild. And, if it isn't too much to ask, a Cubs win against Webb tonight.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:53 PM   #679
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Go Cubs!

(I am living in White Sox nation... I fear for my life.)
Old 10-03-2007, 08:56 PM   #680
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I have to say I've been surprised by some of the hostility towards hoops today. Frankly his posting has been amusing, and somewhat inconsequential, but I think that's better than the thread going dead for a day. I will be voting for Render tomorrow. It's the simplest thing. So if Render wants to take me out he can go ahead. But I believe hoops when he says he doesn't want to prolong games. He's a tenacious competitor but also a realist. So the simplest explanation is that Hoops did exactly what he said he was going to do and gave us the last wolf. Render is the way to go.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:57 PM   #681
hoopsguy
General Manager

Neon, what is the weekend schedule? Clearly I need to know this info.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:00 PM   #682
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I have to say I've been surprised by some of the hostility towards hoops today. Frankly his posting has been amusing, and somewhat inconsequential, but I think that's better than the thread going dead for a day. I will be voting for Render tomorrow. It's the simplest thing. So if Render wants to take me out he can go ahead. But I believe hoops when he says he doesn't want to prolong games. He's a tenacious competitor but also a realist. So the simplest explanation is that Hoops did exactly what he said he was going to do and gave us the last wolf. Render is the way to go.

What hostility? I hope you mean other people than me, because there wasn't an iota of hostility in my posts to hoops. Just speaking bluntly that there is no point in even reading his posts, the only point of which will be to mislead.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:02 PM   #683
hoopsguy
General Manager

Oliegirl - I figured that she had never been a wolf and didn't cause waves when she played. Little did I know that she would actually get the role that I've accused RendeR of holding ...

I would have had a better one for you, but you showed up too late and it is deadline Had to type fast, didn't have much time to work on it.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:03 PM   #684
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
I am going to be out of town this weekend, I'm not sure if I'll have internet access or not. We are leaving Friday, so I can post my vote Friday morning, but after that, I may be gone until Sunday afternoon, depending on the internet situation. So I might miss a vote on Saturday. If Neon ok's it, I'll put in a conditional vote before I leave if there is going to be a vote on Saturday.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:04 PM   #685
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

hoopsguy--I think he's a wolf. ntn said he saw him killing our Seer. He himself says he is a wolf. I really do think he might be the wolf. Hopefully you all put this information to use.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:04 PM   #686
hoopsguy
General Manager

Eaglefan - nah, not worth it. Stick a fork in me, I'm done.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:11 PM   #687
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Day 3:

You all endure hoopsguy's taunts and whatnot... he clearly has to go next. You all make your choices, and hoopsguy is indeed the choice for Degenetization tonight. Neon Chaos stuns hoopsguy and takes him into the chamber. Hoopsguy just smiles, he mouths... "It is over..." and gives everyone the finger. "...or is it?" hoopsguy laughs maniacally. He stops, yawns and "Bah... who wants to live this savage existence, anyway?". The light flashes. Hoopsguy is no more.

DEGENETIZATION COMPLETE.
ANALYZING PARTICLES.
GENETICS CONFIRMED.
ANALYSIS COMPLETE.

SPECIMEN ANALYSIS: WOLF VIRUS CONFIRMED. ALPHA STRAND.

CHAMBER RECHARGING.
EST. RECHARGE TIME: 13 HOURS.

You all cheer! Today was a good, albeit long day. You now ponder your next moves as you head back into your chambers.

Night 3 has begun: Night actions are due at 10:00 AM CST.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:13 PM   #688
hoopsguy
General Manager

What is the record for

posts in a single thread?
Old 10-03-2007, 09:17 PM   #689
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Not surprised by this, but Woo Hoo! Go Villagers!!!!
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:23 PM   #690
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post

If you honestly believe a word of this then you sir are the final wolf.

I can't take anyone out, thats the whole problem, no way for us villagers to go all vigilante on yer asses. Seriously now, if you buy even 1 speck of the tripe hoops poured out today, you're not only deranged, yer INFECTED.

I am not a wolf, I am joe schmoe vanilla villager, no items, no talents, no powers, nothin.
If you waste a day lynching me, you waste a day letting the last wolf(s) kill yet another villager. Bad play all around.

Can't wait to see the night kill. If BK isn't the last wolf he'll be dead, to set me up. If BK is still alive, He's a wolf and we have our next batch of machine lubricant.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:27 PM   #691
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Render that's a bunch of bull. I could die either because someone wants to frame you or because I'm going to come hard out against you tomorrow and you think it'll be easier to convince people if I'm not around. My being dead tells nothing. So with that said, let's not setup a scenario where my being alive is meaningful.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:29 PM   #692
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Okay, seriously, we have to look at this whole situation. One thing is still bothering me, so I will repeat it again. Did our seer really get killed off earlier in the game or was it a fool? I am telling you that hoopsguy's actions made no sense so let's think about this.

ntndeacon says hoopsguy is a wolf. Instead of defending himself and telling everyone it is a mistake, he easily goes along with the ploy and we soon discover he really is a wolf. Why give up that easy? Unless, of course, he was simply a sacrifice and wanted to make a fellow wolf look good. With all the crazy theories he was spitting out, he never once mentioned ntndeacon and I couldn't figure out why and ntndeacon has been missing for quite some time since he exposed hoopsguy.

Now I am not 100% sure on this theory, but those actions made little sense to me and it was also odd that no one came to his aide or tried to cast looks the other way. So this leads me to believe he tried to sacrifice himself well before Eaglefan was put out by ArlingtonColt, which was frankly amazing. So are we down to one wolf or more? And is it possible he sacrificed himself thinking that Eaglefan was going to get his nightly meals?
Old 10-03-2007, 09:40 PM   #693
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ant: I'm kind of confused about your confusion. The rules here were pretty cut and dried. When NTN came out as the witness against hoops, the options were for hoops to either counterclaim as witness or admit to being a wolf. Hoops has done both in the past. He chose to admit being a wolf. When he went with his duke plan, his whole goal was to survive another day as an admitted wolf. It was his challenge. His personal goal, when the overall goal of winning of the game, at least with him in it, became out of reach.

However, there was simply no way for hoops to know who both the duke was and who the duke would duke. AC's actions took him by surprise, as I think it did all of us. AC, through luck and skill, hit the wolf. Hoops did not expect that.

What hoops DID expect, if the bargain was taken, was that he would name somebody. We would waste at least one day, if not two, in discussion purely about that. The other wolf (Eaglesfan) would lie low and be slowly culling us off at the same time. His bargain was an attempt at a diversionary tactic.

I feel confident in this analysis since I've talked more about WW with hoops than anyone else. While it doesn't always give me a read on him (or him on me) I do think it gives me a fair amount of after the fact ability to place his actions in context (and for him to do the same with me).

The good news is that hopefully our fool/seer knows which they are. If that's true, then I have to think it's the seer as they've stayed quiet. If they're the fool, I'd hope for them to reveal tomorrow to give us a COT of 3.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:06 PM   #694
RendeR
Coordinator

BK, lets step back and realize that you're placing faith in what hoopsguy is feeding us, as the ALPHA WOLF. He has absolutely zero reason to offer up any truths whatsoever. He was blatantly fishing for any and all possible chances to plant suspicion all day long.

As the Alpha Wolf it is basically HIS game to win or lose for the wolves. his plan, his people. he chose his team. Can you actually read all this and then, with a straight face ACTUALLY believe he'd offer up a real wolf? Come on, you're brighter than that.

I hope indeed that the fool was killed and that the real seer can scan me tonight. At least then the seer, myself and NTN can form a true CoT and begin working through the rest of the players.

You have got to understand that supporting trust in anything hoops fed us today slaps a great big huge WOLF sign on you. No matter what you think you know, if you look at it from the point of view of someone who knows very litle about hoops, you can't think of this any other way, its ludicrous to trust a word of it.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 10:10 PM   #695
RealDeal
High School Varsity

I've just kind of held back while we were waiting for hoops to die. Here's my thoughts now.

1. I have a hard time believing that there is anything suspicious about nt finding hoopsguy. He had a one-time ability, and he used it first turn, and then he smartly got it out quickly, which has helped us have productive turns so far.

2. Hoops is a confirmed wolf, and a veteran WW player. He isn't going to sell out the wolves because he got caught. It would be bad from a WW ethics perspective if he did, and that's just not his way. So I don't know if there's anything useful in his spam, but I think everything he wrote should be viewed through the lens of "he is trying to make the villagers fuck up".

3. It appears that the only method of conversion is if we have a villager who is an unholy mark. So the question is what is more likely: the bg getting a protection right or the wolves randomly guessing the unholy mark. I think protection is more likely.

4. So my math is kind of like this:

Neither AC nor NT can be the unholy mark or a wolf, since we already know their roles. We started with 17, 2 dead wolves, 3 dead villagers, and then AC or NT. So that leaves us, assuming no more than 4 wolves/unholy marks with 8 unconfirmed villagers and 2 wolves or 8, 1 unholy mark, and 1 wolf.

5. If the fool/seer scanned Eagles or Hoops and knows he/she is the fool, then he or she should declare. If a person thinks they may be the fool but isn't sure, they should lay low and keep scanning.

I think we are in decent shape, although now I worry about the fact that we don't have much info left. Our first three votes may not be useful, since day 1 was a villager vs villager situation and day 2-3 was the hoops era of this game. If we have a seer left, we're golden, if we have a fool left, then we may end up with a day 1 situation tomorrow.

After the night action, I'll try to put this together and stick my nose out on who I think is the most likely wolf left on the board.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 10:19 PM   #696
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister View Post
Okay, seriously, we have to look at this whole situation. One thing is still bothering me, so I will repeat it again. Did our seer really get killed off earlier in the game or was it a fool? I am telling you that hoopsguy's actions made no sense so let's think about this.

ntndeacon says hoopsguy is a wolf. Instead of defending himself and telling everyone it is a mistake, he easily goes along with the ploy and we soon discover he really is a wolf. Why give up that easy? Unless, of course, he was simply a sacrifice and wanted to make a fellow wolf look good. With all the crazy theories he was spitting out, he never once mentioned ntndeacon and I couldn't figure out why and ntndeacon has been missing for quite some time since he exposed hoopsguy.

Now I am not 100% sure on this theory, but those actions made little sense to me and it was also odd that no one came to his aide or tried to cast looks the other way. So this leads me to believe he tried to sacrifice himself well before Eaglefan was put out by ArlingtonColt, which was frankly amazing. So are we down to one wolf or more? And is it possible he sacrificed himself thinking that Eaglefan was going to get his nightly meals?

very very interesting points Ant. Hoops would have known he was a likely scan and thus tried to construct a team and then sacrifice himself and hide a team that could survive. The death of EF was obviously unforseen and threw a wrench into things
Old 10-03-2007, 10:32 PM   #697
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal View Post
5. If the fool/seer scanned Eagles or Hoops and knows he/she is the fool, then he or she should declare. If a person thinks they may be the fool but isn't sure, they should lay low and keep scanning.

I think we are in decent shape, although now I worry about the fact that we don't have much info left. Our first three votes may not be useful, since day 1 was a villager vs villager situation and day 2-3 was the hoops era of this game. If we have a seer left, we're golden, if we have a fool left, then we may end up with a day 1 situation tomorrow.

After the night action, I'll try to put this together and stick my nose out on who I think is the most likely wolf left on the board.

And that is where I had messed up. I keep saying that ntn is a seer, but I am actually meaning witness. Can we truly believe 100% that he had a one shot chance and guessed hoopsguy correctly and are we just assuming that this role is in play this game. Please, if someone is a witness, seer or fool, let us know. Well actually if you are a seer, only tell us if you have found a wolf.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:08 PM   #698
RealDeal
High School Varsity

ant, the witness doesnt have to guess. He just picks a night, and if a kill happens, he gets to see it. That's why Hoops was complaining that it is unbalanced. The only guessing involved is assuming that the wolves will try a night kill on the night you use your ability.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 06:16 AM   #699
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm not 100% convinced that Render is a wolf. I am 100% convinced that he is our best shot at finding a wolf, short of the seer having found one. It's entirely possible hoops was lying about it. Entirely possible. However, Render fits the profile of someone Hoops would choose to be a wolf, a good player who can stay under the radar. Similar to EF. The thing about hoops' wolf play is that he mostly tells the truth. Having Render around is little but a distraction. He is the most obvious choice and I fully believe we should kill him as a result.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:40 AM   #700
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

yah. RendeR needs to go. There's no way around it. Worst case scenario he's a villager...doesn't lose the game for us or anything. We're not in that kind of situation