Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-29-2006, 07:56 PM   #651
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

wow i knew the Steelers were the luckiest Superbowl winner last year, and the most overrated this year. but damn losing to the Raiders is proof that they lost thier edge
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:04 PM   #652
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Raiders coming along nicely now.

They play great defense all Season so far. Just look at their defensive stats. They near the top in a lot of defensive categories. And they are young and getting better.

Its their offense that needs to get better and they will be ok.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:06 PM   #653
jbmagic
Pro Starter

dola

Net yards passing= 17 yards only ouch
Lucky their defense score 2 TD today to give them the win.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 07:36 PM   #654
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
You're a dick sometimes, you know that? Anyhow, I had a few responses for you but I couldn't settle on one:

1. Yeah, I'll brag about them. The Cards are World Champions (in baseball)!
2. Considering the Raiders were "underdogs" sure.
3. Since they're supposedly the worst team in the NFL, were they supposed to win?

Pick one.

Fixed.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 06:15 AM   #655
RedKingGold
College Starter

Bump in honor of Tyler Brayton
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 06:24 AM   #656
Ragone
Pro Rookie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVc3C0D4Ihw

This pretty well sums up the thread i think
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 07:34 AM   #657
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

After watching last night's game, I think I finally found my JV team's offense. Back in 1983, I was in 7th grade and played DE on the junior high JV team. We went 0-6 and our offense failed to gain a first down the entire year. It was basically 3 plays, -20 yards, and punt for 15 yards. Over and over.

There were two highlights of the year (for me): first, I dislocated our QBs shoulder in practice, knocking him out for the season (which he should have thanked me for), and second, in wind sprints before our last game of the season, I outran our starting RB in a 60-yard dash. Yes, our offense sucked that bad.

Thank you, Raiders, for letting me relive my glory years.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:37 AM   #658
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Someone with a sense of humor over at NBC should utilize the flex scheduling to get the Raiders another Sunday night game.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:40 AM   #659
Ksyrup

Someone with a sense of humor...and a new job already lined up.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 11-14-2006, 10:48 AM   #660
SunDevil
College Prospect

Shell takes offense to Walters' critique of, well, offense

Nov. 13, 2006
CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- Art Shell took issue with quarterback Andrew Walter's criticisms of the Oakland Raiders' struggling offense and appears ready to make a switch back to Aaron Brooks.

Walter took shots at coordinator Tom Walsh's offense after Sunday's 17-13 loss to Denver, saying there is not enough "depth" in the playbook, the offense was too predictable and that the team needed to utilize more quick-developing plays than five- and seven-step drops.

That didn't sit well with Shell, who has fiercely defended Walsh all season long from criticisms that he is out of touch after being away from the NFL for more than a decade.

"You have to be accountable for what you do," Shell said Monday. "To start making statements about what's in and what's not in, then you need to take a hard look at what's there. Obviously, I don't want to get into a contest with a young man, but for him to come out and say those things, (that's) totally off-base as far as I'm concerned."

Walter was unavailable for comment Monday, but had plenty to say after Oakland's latest loss.

"We need to make it more complex," Walter said, referring to the Raiders' playbook. "I'd like more swing routes, flat routes, short stuff. There are certain things I'd like to see."

Shell did not respond to criticisms of the offense and coaching staff earlier in the season from receiver Randy Moss, saying everyone can "speak their mind." But the coach wasn't as accepting of the comments from Walter, who is in his second year in the NFL.

"When you speak out, you need to know what you're talking about when you make those statements," Shell said. "You can speak out. I've said that before. Guys are capable of speaking out, but when you start going out and you start airing your laundry in public, then you've got to have some accountability for that, too."

Shell said Walter's comments wouldn't play into the decision about who would start at quarterback Sunday at Kansas City, but he appears ready to give the job back to Brooks.

Brooks began the season as the starter before straining a pectoral muscle in the first quarter of the second game. The injury took longer to heal than the Raiders originally thought, giving Walter an extensive opportunity to prove he was ready to be an NFL starter.

Brooks returned to practice two weeks ago and said Monday he's ready to play in games as soon as the coaches give him the go-ahead.

"I'm going to take a hard look at it and see where we are with him," Shell said. "He's been throwing the last couple of weeks. I thought last week he threw the ball a whole lot better. ... I think he's very close. We'll see how he goes."

Brooks, who was just 6-for-14 for 68 yards before getting hurt, said the problems on the NFL's worst offense are more about execution than play calling. Brooks has made 84 starts in his career and said he believed he gives the team a better chance to win than the inexperienced Walter does.

"I think we have a greater chance," Brooks said. "I possess some skills that with my experience gives us a greater chance."

Walter has shown sporadic signs of success, but needs to do much more to overcome a poor offensive line. Walter has completed just 48.1 percent of his passes and thrown only three touchdowns and nine interceptions. He has also lost seven fumbles and been sacked 40 times.

Walter said he has asked for changes in the offense and the coaches have sometimes listened to his suggestions.

Shell said Walsh's offense runs many of the same plays as other teams in the NFL and does not call more deep drops than many other teams. He also said that the players have more say on what plays get called than he has seen in the past.

Shell also was upset about comments made by Moss, who blamed his frequent dropped passes this season on a loss of focus because he's not happy with what's going on around the team.

"My concentration and focus level tends to go down sometimes when I'm in a bad mood," Moss said. "So all I can say is if you put me in a good situation and make me happy, man, you get good results."

Shell said he "hates" to hear comments like that.

"You're paid to play a game that you've played for many years and that you love and once you hit the field, you compete," Shell said. "That's the way I see it."
That's a double whammy and I hate you.
SunDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 07:41 PM   #661
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Art Shell is running a trainwreck over there in Oaktown. I love it!

RIP
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 07:43 PM   #662
Rizon
Pro Starter

Well, Walter's is right. Sure, the guy is just not NFL starter or backup quality, but he's right (he'll be out of the NFL in less than 4 years).

Shell and Walsh just simply terrible and do not belong in the NFL anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 07:51 PM   #663
Vince
Pro Starter

I don't know that Walter won't be successful as at least a backup somewhere -- the fact that he has had ANY success (3 TDs, nearly 50% completion percentage) with that O-Line seems amazing.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.

Last edited by Vince : 11-14-2006 at 07:51 PM.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 11:00 PM   #664
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Just watched the NFL Replay of the Raiders/KC game. That Brooks INT at the end of the game in the endzone as the Raiders were poised to win was "Classic Brooks." Just hilarious.
Vinatieri for Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 05:43 AM   #665
Brillig
College Prospect

Houston Texans.
Brillig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 07:28 AM   #666
Oilers9911
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillig View Post
Houston Texans.

And a staggering -5 net passing yards.
Oilers9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 07:29 AM   #667
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

that was good enough to beat the Raiders
Old 12-04-2006, 07:38 AM   #668
Oilers9911
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
that was good enough to beat the Raiders

Which tells you everything you need to know about the Raiders.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:40 AM   #669
Raiders Army
Coordinator

That was an ugly, ugly game. John Shoop gives me more hope than Tom Walsh. It was definitely in the execution (Randal Williams, two consecutive plays, two consecutive fumbles lost).
Old 12-04-2006, 07:45 AM   #670
Ksyrup

It's too bad they accidentally gave Shell a defense, because if they were even mediocre on D, this could well be one of the worst NFL teams of all time.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:26 AM   #671
Rizon
Pro Starter

I made this last year, but it's time to bring it back again.

Quote:
Old 12-04-2006, 08:43 AM   #672
Passacaglia
Coordinator

While cleaning out my mailbox, I found this snippet from back before Week 1, that a friend sent to me:

Quote:
Chargers (-3) over RAIDERS
I'll leave you with this: Apparently the European version of "Madden" has a glitch where, if you're playing in superstar mode and not controlling the QB, he'll throw the football backward on every play. I mention this not because it's a funny YouTube clip, but because the person who posted that YouTube clip called it, "the Aaron Brooks glitch." In other words, they decided to name the glitch after the real-life QB who's most likely to throw the ball 35 yards backward during a game. And you wonder why I'm laying the three.

Quote doesn't catch the link, but here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxanEBhUmec
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 08:47 AM   #673
Butter
Coordinator

Just read the NFL play-by-play recap, and I have to say that I can't wait for the rolling behemoth that is the Oakland Raiders to come to Cincy this week. I just hope they don't rise up like the Lions did this week. As it stands, I don't look to have much reason to worry.

How do you lose a game where you hold the other QB to 32 yards passing? I guess the same question could be asked of Minnesota.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:28 AM   #674
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Quote:
That was an ugly, ugly game. John Shoop gives me more hope than Tom Walsh.

And therein lies your problem. Trust me.

- Bears fan.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:41 AM   #675
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post

You have a bug. Radio buttons can't have multiple options selected. You need checkboxes instead.

Old 12-04-2006, 11:45 AM   #676
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
You have a bug. Radio buttons can't have multiple options selected. You need checkboxes instead.

The other problem is that under "When to commit penalties?", the "never" option should be grayed out.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:50 AM   #677
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
That was an ugly, ugly game. John Shoop gives me more hope than Tom Walsh. It was definitely in the execution (Randal Williams, two consecutive plays, two consecutive fumbles lost).

If you're a fan of wide receiver screens on 3rd and long and not a single play in the playbook that has a receiver running a route further than 5 yards downfield John Shoop is your guy.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:55 AM   #678
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
If you're a fan of wide receiver screens on 3rd and long and not a single play in the playbook that has a receiver running a route further than 5 yards downfield John Shoop is your guy.

You can't expect Randy Moss to run hard for more than 5 yards so he's a perfect fit.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:15 PM   #679
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post

this is a thread that just keeps getting better and better
Old 12-04-2006, 07:39 PM   #680
Esquared1
High School JV

You can always play "Art Shell Bingo".

hxxp://www.beachwoodreporter.com/sports/overunder_13.php#more
Old 12-20-2006, 11:38 AM   #681
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

lol raiders lol
Old 12-20-2006, 12:22 PM   #682
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm not sure what will happen first: The Raiders get a winning season or the US will pull out of Iraq.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:37 AM   #683
JediKooter
Coordinator

One things for sure (I think), they won't pick a place kicker or a punter in the first round of the draft.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 03:42 PM   #684
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
One things for sure (I think), they won't pick a place kicker or a punter in the first round of the draft.

dont underestimate Al Davis!
Old 12-21-2006, 05:27 PM   #685
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

they should draft Greg Oden and turn the raiders into an nba team. They definetly have enough thugs for it.

Last edited by k0ruptr : 12-21-2006 at 05:27 PM.
k0ruptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:25 AM   #686
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

"And with the first pick in the 2007 NFL draft.. The Oakland Raiders select.."

(yes this is piling on, and I do kinda feel bad.. but hell, Piling On is what FOFC does best!)
Old 01-02-2007, 12:49 AM   #687
Logan
Head Coach

Like a fine wine, this thread is...
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 07:47 AM   #688
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Like a fine wine, this thread is...

Full of sour grapes?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:02 AM   #689
Ksyrup

Freaking Lions don't even know how to lose right!
Old 01-02-2007, 08:38 AM   #690
Oilers9911
College Benchwarmer

That's ok, The Raiders will draft Brady Quinn and he'll end up being Joey Harrington so the Lions will be happy with #2.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:39 AM   #691
Oilers9911
College Benchwarmer

Dola. Where the hell is jb to tell us all that the Raiders were a play or two away from 6-10?
Old 01-02-2007, 08:41 AM   #692
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

And the Lions will just end up at drafting a wideout and eventually the city of Detroit will stand up and lynch Matt Millen.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:48 AM   #693
Ksyrup

Calvin Johnson will go to Detroit at #2.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:55 AM   #694
st.cronin
General Manager

Remember when jb could start threads?

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:25 AM   #695
Rizon
Pro Starter

The Raiders were the best 2-14 team this year, at least.
Quote:
Old 01-02-2007, 11:36 AM   #696
Raiders Army
Coordinator

If you can't be #1 in January, be #1 in April!
Old 01-02-2007, 11:46 AM   #697
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers9911 View Post
Dola. Where the hell is jb to tell us all that the Raiders were a play or two away from 6-10?
Of course, he'd fail to notice that, given their record, the Raiders are necessarily at least four plays from being 6-10.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:03 PM   #698
Desnudo
Coordinator

If you want to crown them, crown their ass
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 06:48 PM   #699
Oilers9911
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo View Post
If you want to crown them, crown their ass

The Raiders are what we thought they'd be......
Horseshit

Last edited by Oilers9911 : 01-02-2007 at 06:49 PM.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:38 PM   #700
duckman
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers9911 View Post

I guess he's been invisibanned.
“One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis de Tocqueville
“Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word, equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude.”
duckman is offline   Reply With Quote