Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-28-2006, 11:56 AM   #651
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Jail Quick. for now someone should be in jail. we can always free him tomorow if need be
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 11:57 AM   #652
hoopsguy
General Manager

Bullet, he is already in jail.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 12:28 PM   #653
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

ohh. i should read more and shot shit less
Old 09-28-2006, 12:29 PM   #654
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

dola

*shoot
Old 09-28-2006, 12:33 PM   #655
st.cronin
General Manager

Actually QWIK is in jail. Quick is not playing. I always get those two confused, as well.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 12:37 PM   #656
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Barring any new revelations...

Execute Qwik
Jail LoneStarGirl

I'm hoping we get some discussion on these two to help us in the future.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 12:55 PM   #657
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Execute Qwik
Jail king

I still believe either king or sndvl may be assassins, but I don't have great confidence in this, so I'll probably change at some point.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 12:56 PM   #658
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
ohh. i should read more and shot shit less

Shot shit? Seriously bulletspong ewhat is that?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:17 PM   #659
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Barkeep, any changes in players overnight? Is Dodgerchick still playing or do you get to post a "PING: NEED ONE FOR WEREWOLF" thread in GC?

I'm gonna watch from the sidelines hoops. I hope Schmidty decides to take my spot. I feel bad not finishing the game but I need time off.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:32 PM   #660
Fouts
College Starter

Checking in for today. I have no new information to pass.

vote execute qwik
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:37 PM   #661
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I'm surprised about the bandwagon on qwik. Is it possible that there was no night one kill because they planted evidence on qwik and are now leading the charge to execut him?
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:41 PM   #662
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I'm surprised about the bandwagon on qwik. Is it possible that there was no night one kill because they planted evidence on qwik and are now leading the charge to execut him?

What evidence? I think we're trying to execute somebody that isn't spoken for. If he is an assassin, will he's compatriots speak up for him? If he is a noble, I haven't seen anyone claim him.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:42 PM   #663
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I suppose that possible Lathum. It's also possible Qwik is either an assassin himself or someone who got his signals crossed.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:00 PM   #664
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I am not sure LoneStarGirl or king are bad, but somebody has to be and no one is vouching for them.

Same reasoning on Qwik, although I do wish we had more to go on before we killed him. But our backs are against the wall. We need more information, and we're not getting enough right now.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:03 PM   #665
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I am not sure LoneStarGirl or king are bad, but somebody has to be and no one is vouching for them.

Same reasoning on Qwik, although I do wish we had more to go on before we killed him. But our backs are against the wall. We need more information, and we're not getting enough right now.

Heres a fundamental problem i have with this game. I am very much of the opinion the wolves are being vocal in their support of each other. I feel its likely they have created their own faction and will openly support each other and thereby avoid lynch. We freed bullet solely becuase brian vouched for him...im not sure the quiet route is the right way to go
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:04 PM   #666
WVUFAN
College Starter

For clarification's sake:

I work nights, so I usually get up around this time, so this is the first I've seen of all this. This night is an odd one, since I actually have it off.

I think we should all step back, and fully maximize our votes here, to make them count the best. Best not rush to any conclusions.

Just all I'm saying.

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:08 PM   #667
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Heres a fundamental problem i have with this game. I am very much of the opinion the wolves are being vocal in their support of each other. I feel its likely they have created their own faction and will openly support each other and thereby avoid lynch. We freed bullet solely becuase brian vouched for him...im not sure the quiet route is the right way to go

While I see that as a viable strategy for the Wolves, it doesn't make sense that no one is vouching for these players, and theya ren't vouching for each other either. Wolves may or may not be playing that strategy. If these players are Wolves, they are not and making targets of themselves. If they are not Wolves, well, why isn't anyone speaking up for them? That is my question.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:14 PM   #668
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, here is a question I have for you:

When you and Bullet were in a runoff on Day 1 BrianD was in the thread with a tie and with Bullet pulling ahead of you in the vote. Yet he did not vote for you (after questioning my vote for you) earlier in the day. He instead put his vote on a 3rd candidate.

So when you come out suggesting that BrianD/Bullet might be playing us as wolves that makes me more nervous than anyone else in the room suggesting it.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:16 PM   #669
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN View Post
For clarification's sake:

I work nights, so I usually get up around this time, so this is the first I've seen of all this. This night is an odd one, since I actually have it off.

I think we should all step back, and fully maximize our votes here, to make them count the best. Best not rush to any conclusions.

Just all I'm saying.

For clarification's sake - there are two separate votes that are currently going on - Qwikshot and today's jail vote. This post certainly suggests that you think the group is doing poorly by targeting one of your teammates.

As the post stands, I can't follow your advice because I do not know what you are advising.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:19 PM   #670
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
While I see that as a viable strategy for the Wolves, it doesn't make sense that no one is vouching for these players, and theya ren't vouching for each other either. Wolves may or may not be playing that strategy. If these players are Wolves, they are not and making targets of themselves. If they are not Wolves, well, why isn't anyone speaking up for them? That is my question.

Its possible their in my faction. I have recieved 3 messages, none of which included codes(including a mere 10 word message last night). Its one of the reasons im worried about them dying off, as i have no way to speak up for them if they are in my faction. Our leader has given us no way to be sure, only suggestions of who he thinks is bad. The fact no one is defending them tells me two things:

Either their bad, and the wolves want to look good by lynching him, or hes good and hasnt posted his faction code or didnt get a viable code.

Im not ready to say for sure hes bad while i have doubts in my mind. He has not even come close to any of the messages i have recieved, but our leader has not told us to come close to them. Im still trying to find my faction teamates, and it seems all of the unlinked players are the ones being killed. Thats a concern for me, as you can understand i hope.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:21 PM   #671
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

When you and Bullet were in a runoff on Day 1 BrianD was in the thread with a tie and with Bullet pulling ahead of you in the vote. Yet he did not vote for you (after questioning my vote for you) earlier in the day. He instead put his vote on a 3rd candidate.

So when you come out suggesting that BrianD/Bullet might be playing us as wolves that makes me more nervous than anyone else in the room suggesting it.

Brian/bullet was just an example. This as much applies to you, mr. w, cronin, fouts, etc...i just think this game is one where wolves must band together in public or they will quickly be killed off like qwik is now. As a wolf, id group with the others, talk about some code we made up, and get others lynched. The wolves all going solo would not be smart with the way this game is designed if you ask me.
Demotivation
Old 09-28-2006, 02:26 PM   #672
Fouts
College Starter

I think the assassins are afraid of speaking up for each other. Their group will eventually be singled out by point totals and each one will be executed.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:27 PM   #673
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Perhaps you could set up another code (like I tihnk you did last night) based around last night's message from your leader. If Qwikshot, LSG and king received that message, they should be able to respond to your code based on that. And if they do, you will have not only confirmed a faction member or more and they saved themselves for the time being, but it will also give us all more direction.

Old 09-28-2006, 02:27 PM   #674
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Perhaps you could set up another code (like I tihnk you did last night) based around last night's message from your leader. If Qwikshot, LSG and king received that message, they should be able to respond to your code based on that. And if they do, you will have not only confirmed a faction member or more and they saved themselves for the time being, but it will also give us all more direction.

The above is directed at Blade (if it isn't obvious).

Old 09-28-2006, 02:31 PM   #675
Fouts
College Starter

blade, so your faction leader saw the codes being discussed on day 1, and with the chance to send 2 more messages, they decided not to send any code to keep you from jailing your own faction members?
Old 09-28-2006, 02:35 PM   #676
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
blade, so your faction leader saw the codes being discussed on day 1, and with the chance to send 2 more messages, they decided not to send any code to keep you from jailing your own faction members?
Im working under the assumption the lack of codes is the code. Im being very open about this in the hopes that the others in my faction see this and can trust me. But as it appears my faction is the only one without codes, it is a way to locate team members in a sense. Im just beginning to suspect its the quiet players like qwik, hence why im wondering about his death being a positive for me. Last night he told us to go after a certain player, not qwik, so im trying to decide if our leader is right or just guessing.
Demotivation
Old 09-28-2006, 02:44 PM   #677
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Im working under the assumption the lack of codes is the code. Im being very open about this in the hopes that the others in my faction see this and can trust me. But as it appears my faction is the only one without codes, it is a way to locate team members in a sense. Im just beginning to suspect its the quiet players like qwik, hence why im wondering about his death being a positive for me. Last night he told us to go after a certain player, not qwik, so im trying to decide if our leader is right or just guessing.

Yeah, its a way to locate team members, or lump yourselves in with the assassins (assuming the assassins haven't openly grouped up).
Old 09-28-2006, 02:45 PM   #678
hoopsguy
General Manager

Go after a player besides Qwik - hmm, everyone has to make a decision to free/execute Qwik today.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:49 PM   #679
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Go after a player besides Qwik - hmm, everyone has to make a decision to free/execute Qwik today.

he said to free qwik, try to lynch greyroofoo

As for this:
Quote:
Yeah, its a way to locate team members, or lump yourselves in with the assassins (assuming the assassins haven't openly grouped up).
Them trying to group with me would be difficult as the messages are hard to guess. Its possible though, but i have a general group of those i have ruled out. Its a chance i have to take if qwik is in my faction.
Demotivation
Old 09-28-2006, 02:51 PM   #680
Blade6119
Coordinator

Dola, Im putting myself out there pretty heavily, so i hope my faction leader sees that his plan is not optimal to me. I am making due with what i have, sorry if you think it gives the assasins an out.
Demotivation
Old 09-28-2006, 02:55 PM   #681
hoopsguy
General Manager

Hmm, no one has pulled the trigger yet on freeing Qwik in the first 8 1/2 hours of play. So neither your faction leader or at least one other teammate have decided to start the movement to free Qwik at the time you post this.

Just weird. I'm willing to scrap another day freeing Qwik if someone is ready to vouch for him but what you are posting sounds like the faction leader is just guessing.

I'm not willing to vote to free Qwik without having someone come forward and clearly vouch for him. That is doubly true if he isn't going to be bothered to post between now and the end of the day.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:56 PM   #682
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

My message last night was completely noncommittal. From my POV, nothing more than an "I'm here", which, having verified that the leader can't be turned and knowing that the leader is still alive, basically was pointless. Check that, it's not pointless, it does offer a data point for others in the faction to identify one another, albeit not as clear as a code.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:58 PM   #683
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Hmm, no one has pulled the trigger yet on freeing Qwik in the first 8 1/2 hours of play. So neither your faction leader or at least one other teammate have decided to start the movement to free Qwik at the time you post this.

Just weird. I'm willing to scrap another day freeing Qwik if someone is ready to vouch for him but what you are posting sounds like the faction leader is just guessing.

I'm not willing to vote to free Qwik without having someone come forward and clearly vouch for him. That is doubly true if he isn't going to be bothered to post between now and the end of the day.

Im aware of that...i wouldnt have come out and said all i did if they were freeing qwik and voting grey. I would shut up and know my allies. And honestly, now that i posted this, i hope they dont come forward. Them knowing me is enough for now, if i get in danger. Im learning my faction more through elimination then something they are doing, but im getting there. No need for them to out themselves now that i have.
Demotivation
Old 09-28-2006, 03:00 PM   #684
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I'm willing to somewhat listen to/ support blades discussion. I'll be the first one to go out on a limb

VOTE NOT TO EXECUTE QWIK
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 03:05 PM   #685
Blade6119
Coordinator

I have statistics now, ill see you all in about 2 hours
Demotivation
Old 09-28-2006, 03:18 PM   #686
st.cronin
General Manager

What exactly is Blade's argument for freeing Qwik? Is Blade hinting that he knows Qwik to be good? If so, I need bigger hints. Like the one BrianD left yesterday.

knives out
Old 09-28-2006, 03:28 PM   #687
SnDvls
Pro Starter

god I must totally be lost.

maybe it's because I jumped in at page 9 and took over someone's role or that I'm really overthinking the whole points thing.

I haven't noticed any slip ups/hints/clues ect.

either I'm too dense in this game or too lost
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 03:33 PM   #688
SnDvls
Pro Starter

VOTE NO EXECUTE
JAIL KING

Since I really have nothing here. I guess I could see killing someone if it is though the points being revealed would help us as a whole.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:35 PM   #689
Fouts
College Starter

After looking at the rules, it is possible that the assassins don't need to kill anyone to win. This makes me believe that they can leave everyone alive and get a major victory.

Quote:
Victory Conditions:

Each side has its own set of victory conditions and can achieve various levels of success.

For the Assassins a normal victory is achieved when a 1-1 ratio of free Assassins and Nobles happens or if the Assassins cause a Revolt. A major victory is if an assassin is crowned king.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:35 PM   #690
st.cronin
General Manager

Unvote Execute Qwik
Vote No Execute

Leave him in jail for now. Hoops thinks Blade is good, Blade seems to think Qwik is good. I don't know about hoops, but it's pretty unlikely that entire chain is assasins.

knives out
Old 09-28-2006, 03:35 PM   #691
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
god I must totally be lost.

maybe it's because I jumped in at page 9 and took over someone's role or that I'm really overthinking the whole points thing.

I haven't noticed any slip ups/hints/clues ect.

either I'm too dense in this game or too lost

Don't worry, SnDvls. I haven't either. I'm not even looking for them. I just don't have time to pore over every post looking for clues, but kudos to those who do. I'm going on overt actions, as I do in other WW games.

Old 09-28-2006, 03:36 PM   #692
st.cronin
General Manager

dola
I also don't know about Blade or Qwik. In fact, I am still somewhat suspicious of Blade, but am willing to go along with hoops.

knives out
Old 09-28-2006, 03:44 PM   #693
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

After reading all of this, I think executing Qwik is still the right thing to do. Blade mentioned that his faction is the only one not using codes, but his leader still knew enough to suggest that Qwik be freed and someone else jailed. I don't see how his leader could know this if there are no codes. I think this may be an attempt to plant doubt in our minds without having suspicion fall on him if he is wrong. Without someone firmly standing up for Qwik, I think we are still on the right path.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:46 PM   #694
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Don't worry, SnDvls. I haven't either. I'm not even looking for them. I just don't have time to pore over every post looking for clues, but kudos to those who do. I'm going on overt actions, as I do in other WW games.

Oh I am lost as well. I am hoping things clear up after there is an execution. I have a strong feeling about a couple of folks but that is about it.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 03:48 PM   #695
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I know this wasn't necessarily directed at me, but I thought it worth responding to. Day 1 I was trying really hard to not link myself with anyone. I didn't vote for Blade because I didn't believe him to be an assassin, and at the time I don't think I could have swayed the Bulletsponge vote. During day 2, I let you convince me that being in a known link wouldn't be a bad thing and might actually be good for the nobles. That is why I finally stepped up on day 2.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:51 PM   #696
RealDeal
High School Varsity

I wanna execute someone today, and since Qwik is the only guy in jail, he da man. It's important to start getting some useful voting records today. Right now, we're just wanking around.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 03:59 PM   #697
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

im confused
Old 09-28-2006, 04:09 PM   #698
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
dola
I also don't know about Blade or Qwik. In fact, I am still somewhat suspicious of Blade, but am willing to go along with hoops.

Go along with hoops? In what way?
Old 09-28-2006, 04:10 PM   #699
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
im confused

don't try and latch on the confused faction
seems we got us three already and by everyone reaction/analysis that's
enough for our faction thank you very much.

ALL: this is a joke not an in character response read nothing into it.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:17 PM   #700
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
After looking at the rules, it is possible that the assassins don't need to kill anyone to win. This makes me believe that they can leave everyone alive and get a major victory.
It's possible for them to score a major victory without successfully killing anyone, but impossible to do that without attempting to kill someone. To score a major victory, they need to nail a fast-talker, then maneuver the execution of that fast-talker's faction leader (now with said fast-talker's assistance, which has some value especially depending on how many are in the faction to begin with).

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote