Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-19-2012, 08:13 PM   #651
Ramzavail
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
FMRTE 2012 is one of my standby game editors. It's handy if you want to make edits to things in-game after it's already been saved.

I think the key for "newbs" who've been away for a while is to figure out how you want to play.

it looks like this program only works now if you "donate" euro to the creator. Ridiculous.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:39 PM   #652
Qrusher14242
High School JV

yeah i saw that...really sucks, i used to use that all the time. Any good free editors left?
Qrusher14242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:01 AM   #653
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

HELP!

im having a issue with FM. occasionally the game is dropping to the desktop and freezing. the game doesn't close it just drops to desktop and i cant open it back up. i also cant open anything after it does this. i have to ctrl alt del and log off, losing any progress. this sounds more like a software issue on my end more than a FM thing, but does anyone know what to do to fix this?
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:43 AM   #654
whomario
Pro Starter

So, i started at Arsenal to finally get my feet wet with FM12, played as NT manager after release, than shelved it for a bit. Sucks that i lost my savegame as i had just signed a club contract with AC Milan who were falling on hard times ...
Anyway, I plan on signing on with a lower prestige club eventually but want to manager Arsenal to a title or two first.
Starting out i recognize that i have literally no backup at Right Back (and disabling transfer budgets in the first window means that Sagna better not get injured) and also a couple good guys were on loan. The repercusions of starting in June 11 with a Feb 12 DB i guess ...

Anyway, iīm really trying to get creative with my tactics and personell as it seems that i have lots of interesting but few clear-cut great players available, especially in CM and AM. Iīm pretty set on Walcott at ARM (although a half dozen missed sitters are making me wonder ...) but AMC, AML and one of the CM spots i find myself rotating a lot.

I also havenīt gotten good use out of Song, any advice here ?
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:55 AM   #655
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

I have my Ecija career in Spain up to December 2018 now. I'm 149-62-83 as a coach.

-We were promoted from League B4 in 2015.
-In 2016, we made the playoffs in LIGA adelante. We lost the playoff final by one goal and missed promotion.
-In 2017, we finished second in LIGA adelante and were automatically promoted. Our 6,000 seat stadium and $125K salary level were headed to the big league.
-In 2018, we managed to avoid relagation and finished 15th in LIGA BBVA.

We're now in the fall of 2018 in the heart of our second LIGA BBVA season. We've just started construction of a new 21K seat stadium to replace our 6K seater that we currently use. That will be completed in 1.5 years.

Here's the current list of annual salary.....

Quote:
1. Real Madrid $141M
2. Barcelona $141M
19. Tenerife $17.42M
20. Ecija $8.29M

That's right. My team has less than half of the salary of the second lowest team in that list. And our salary is around 6% of the highest spenders in the league.

Here's the current standings.....

Quote:
1. Real Madrid 29 pts.
2. Barcelona 29 pts.
3. Sporting 27 pts.
4. Malaga 26 pts.
5. Betis 25 pts.
6. Real Sociedad 21 pts
7. Villareal 21 pts
8. Granada 21 pts
9. Ecija 21 pts

That's right. Little ol' Ecija and it's itty bitty stadium and salary is tied for 6th in the highest league in Spain in only its second year in the big leagues. We're currently on a 10 match unbeaten streak (4 wins, 6 draws).

So much fun to have the team come along as quickly as it has to compete in the top league. Getting tons of job offers, but I want to see what I can do with this team once I get some better youth/training facilities along with the new stadium that nearly quadruples the current stadium's capacity.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 03-21-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:06 PM   #656
korme
Go Reds

Thank goodness for tactic forums. My undermanned Chesterfield squad has been holding it's own in the EPL for a couple of years now, despite the lowest payroll. However, we've expanded our grounds three consecutive years and are slowly gaining a lot of money... so things are looking up.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:46 PM   #657
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

New signing for me come the end of his loan...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (198.1 KB, 281 views)
Old 03-25-2012, 08:01 AM   #658
whomario
Pro Starter

hey guys, i remember that there was a PDF going arround that had all of SFraserīs tips and tactic posts in it, i lost it when i had to delete my hard drive ... I think it originated here but i canīt find it, anyone know where to find it or have it and be willing to upload/mail it ?

i meanwhile went to start a new game with Southampton, starting in January 2012. Started in 10th place, up to 8th now after winning 3 and drawing 2.

@ DT : You migth want to try to train him to be more of a central attacking midfielder maybe or get his physichal stats up, other than that heīs pretty sweet
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 03-25-2012 at 08:05 AM.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:53 AM   #659
flounder
High School Varsity

http://www.drflounder.com/images/SFraser.zip
flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:56 AM   #660
whomario
Pro Starter

thanks a lot
Old 03-25-2012, 10:46 PM   #661
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
hey guys, i remember that there was a PDF going arround that had all of SFraserīs tips and tactic posts in it, i lost it when i had to delete my hard drive ... I think it originated here but i canīt find it, anyone know where to find it or have it and be willing to upload/mail it ?

i meanwhile went to start a new game with Southampton, starting in January 2012. Started in 10th place, up to 8th now after winning 3 and drawing 2.

@ DT : You migth want to try to train him to be more of a central attacking midfielder maybe or get his physichal stats up, other than that heīs pretty sweet

Yeah - figure I got plenty of years to do that though whomario - he's still a baby.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:19 AM   #662
whomario
Pro Starter

Morale seems to sink pretty drastically, no ? Playing at Southampton i win 5 and draw 2, then loose to Everton in the FA cup and suddenly guys go from perfect to very poor and even abysmal ? And even 1 win and a draw on the road later it hasnīt improved much.

Anybody have any idea how to avoid this ?
Old 03-26-2012, 04:50 AM   #663
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Morale seems to sink pretty drastically, no ? Playing at Southampton i win 5 and draw 2, then loose to Everton in the FA cup and suddenly guys go from perfect to very poor and even abysmal ? And even 1 win and a draw on the road later it hasnīt improved much.

Anybody have any idea how to avoid this ?

I know if the team goes on a poor enough run you can call a team meeting with the players. If you play that off correctly, morale can be boosted.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:54 AM   #664
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
I know if the team goes on a poor enough run you can call a team meeting with the players. If you play that off correctly, morale can be boosted.

wait, what ? Thatīs new this version or have i missed it ? Will try to find that when i get home (although my run really wasnīt poor)

I also found that opposing teams have rather poor morale, even teams higher up in the standing.

Another question, couldnīt find it with a (admittedly shallow) search : How do free transfers in England work again ? (when contract expires at the end of the season)
Old 03-26-2012, 09:21 AM   #665
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Yeah.. team meetings are new in fm12... under the (team menu drop down I believe
Old 03-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #666
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Yeah.. team meetings are new in fm12... under the (team menu drop down I believe

I occasionally also get e-mails saying that I should consider holding a team meeting to boost morale. Surprised whomario hasn't seen one of those yet. Perhaps he's a better manager than us. Doesn't have any morale issues.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:43 AM   #667
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
I occasionally also get e-mails saying that I should consider holding a team meeting to boost morale. Surprised whomario hasn't seen one of those yet. Perhaps he's a better manager than us. Doesn't have any morale issues.

nah, i literally only just started my first club game this version after having it on the virtual shelve for weeks, only did a National Team savegame prior to that, so i am more or less brand new to this version as far as club management goes. No time to really screw up yet
Although aparently i did, but iīm admittedly a little weirded out that morale plummeted so fast after my first loss (in a game we were heavy underdogs, no less), will see how it goes long term.

I will finally (definitely, i swear !) order a new laptop this week. I think ...

speaking of which, would anybody with any knowledge have a look at what i think of getting and tell me where the problem lies ? Google Translate
(it seems too cheap, thatīs what has me thinking i might have missed sth.)

Thanks !

Last edited by whomario : 03-26-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #668
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Woohoo! finally got FC United to Blue Square Premier!
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:49 PM   #669
whomario
Pro Starter

How do i create "calendar reminders" ? (like say i want to be notified on a specific date to check for new regens or sth like that)

Also, i didnīt have any regens apear so far, has that maybe to do with me starting the game in january ?

also, the game doesnīt apear to be auto-saving for me ? (have set it to once a month rolling, yet no aditional save games apear)

Last edited by whomario : 03-26-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:31 PM   #670
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
also, the game doesnīt apear to be auto-saving for me ? (have set it to once a month rolling, yet no aditional save games apear)

"No" as in "you have one & only one save"? If so, I'd check your settings again, something might have gotten screwed up. Also, maybe try setting the auto-save to weekly for a while, that's often enough that if it isn't working you'd definitely notice it (I see mine do that regularly enough that if it failed I'm pretty sure I'd notice the absence)
Old 03-26-2012, 04:47 PM   #671
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
"No" as in "you have one & only one save"? If so, I'd check your settings again, something might have gotten screwed up. Also, maybe try setting the auto-save to weekly for a while, that's often enough that if it isn't working you'd definitely notice it (I see mine do that regularly enough that if it failed I'm pretty sure I'd notice the absence)

thanks, that did the trick. I think it might have to do with me saving manually in between.
Normally that wouldnīt be a problem, but i decided to quit Southampton and just start at Arsenal in march and then foolishly overwrote my earlier Arsenal save game. (and then i discovered this thing with the regens not apearing ...)

Can anyone tell me if any regens apeared in their first season (alas macrh 2012 for example) if starting in June/July ?

Last edited by whomario : 03-26-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:10 PM   #672
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
thanks, that did the trick. I think it might have to do with me saving manually in between.
Normally that wouldnīt be a problem, but i decided to quit Southampton and just start at Arsenal in march and then foolishly overwrote my earlier Arsenal save game. (and then i discovered this thing with the regens not apearing ...)

Can anyone tell me if any regens apeared in their first season (alas macrh 2012 for example) if starting in June/July ?

Yes, just got my first batch in my first season. Starting in England D2.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:11 PM   #673
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:

Also, i didnīt have any regens apear so far, has that maybe to do with me starting the game in january ?

Football Manager 2012 Regen Dates ÂŦ Aid The Boss

Found this earlier today.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:12 PM   #674
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Deliberately holding off getting it until the week before I leave for my summer job. Figured that's the best way to save money because I get obsessive about the game the first several weeks. Love reading this thread, makes it hard to hold off.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:53 PM   #675
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

What you're probably getting emails for backroom meetings.. ie assistant and coaches tell you who to put on what training, who to tutor whom.. who to scout, etcetera
Old 03-26-2012, 09:18 PM   #676
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
What you're probably getting emails for backroom meetings.. ie assistant and coaches tell you who to put on what training, who to tutor whom.. who to scout, etcetera

Actually I got one of those "you might wanna call a team meeting" emails, which is distinct from the more common ones you mentioned.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:44 PM   #677
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Actually I got one of those "you might wanna call a team meeting" emails, which is distinct from the more common ones you mentioned.

Yep, exactly what I was referring to.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:54 AM   #678
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yep, exactly what I was referring to.

So you suck as a manager

So i started another game late last night, went on holiday until January and then signed on at Arsenal. (6th place at the time)
Hope thatīs finally "it", am tired of setting things up as far as training and everything goes

@ grover : Thanks, i knew about the dates, just didnīt have them apear when i started in January (starting date for Norway, you can set it when starting the game and thus jump in in January ī12, which i found a little more apropriate considering the Squads had all the transfers in them).

EDIT : Iīve found dates on another site yesterday and it seems as if the dates are different from the 2nd season onwards, iīll look it up when i get home and post it.

@ Henry296 : Thanks for the confirmation

Last edited by whomario : 03-27-2012 at 04:55 AM.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:33 AM   #679
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
So you suck as a manager

I have my moments.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:09 PM   #680
Grover
Pro Starter

Starting to get linked to Premier League jobs in my fourth year at Gloucester City

Old 03-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #681
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I bought this game quite a while ago but have been way too busy to play it. Finally had 2 spare hours to breath and wanted to try it out, but when I try to launch it I get a steam error:

This game is unavailable at this time, please try again later.

Why am I getting this for a game I bought? How do I fix it?

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:33 PM   #682
Easy Mac

It's doing an update
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #683
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
It's doing an update

Ok, thanks for the response. Kind of stinks, first chance I actually have to play it is lost as I have to do some work in about an hour. No way to prevent this from happening in the future? Like to force it to not update unless I specifically tell it to do so?

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:55 PM   #684
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Ok, thanks for the response. Kind of stinks, first chance I actually have to play it is lost as I have to do some work in about an hour. No way to prevent this from happening in the future? Like to force it to not update unless I specifically tell it to do so?

Have you bought it via steam ? If so, go to "library" in Steam, then right click the entry for the game ---> properties ---> Update (there should be an option not to automatically update)
Old 03-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #685
whomario
Pro Starter

anybody tested the feature of adding leagues after restarting ? I suppose the game would create a ton of regens when adding leagues (even if at "view only" ) or how does it work ? And does it work ok ?
Old 03-28-2012, 11:21 PM   #686
Grover
Pro Starter

Undoubtedly the greatest thing I have ever achieved in a game of FM. I've won my fourth straight promotion with Gloucester City. Year one began in Blue Square Bet South. Year five will begin in the npower Championship.

This is the ascent of Gloucester City.

Last edited by Grover : 03-29-2012 at 04:08 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:13 AM   #687
whomario
Pro Starter

the game is flying on my new laptop, i might be ahead of the curve for the very first time as far as my compute being equiped for FM

Close to finishing my first season with Arsenal, currently in a fight for 3rd place with Liverpool and Tottenham, we 3 are 3-5 and within 3 points of each other with (i think) 7 games to go.

Went out in the Champions League against Barca, lost the first leg at Barca 0-6 (and truth be told it was every bit as bad), won the 2nd leg at home 4-3 a least. Messi is just silly good and clowned with my defense to the tune of 6 goals and 3 assists (yes, he acounted for all 9 goals) but i guess thatīs realism after all

Again playing with some house rules:

- max 2 players 18 or younger players per season or 3 in 2 seasons (obviously own club created youth players are ok)
- max 2 players 19-21 per 2 seasons
- max 1 player 22-24 per 2 seasons

Also maybe as atip for others : I personally like to get players in the 2nd half of the season that will come in start of the next season, less competition and less stress + more time to integrate them to the squad.

Transfers for next year :

- GK Rene Adler on a free Transfer. Couldnīt pass him up, on of my RL favourite players and agreed to come as a rotation player and will play his 15 or so matches next to Sczeczny)
- All arround player Gonzalo Castro for 8 mio (all money is euro). Can play a ton of positions, in particular DR/WBR and DM/MC (which is perfect since i was in need of a backup for Sagna and Song)
- AML Lukas Podolski for 17.5 mio.

(seems like i am building the FC Arsenal Germany )

- I also have a 16 year old american attacking midfielder named Omar Rodriguez signed who is coming over in June 2013, he looks
absolutely amazing for his age allready.

from my own youth ranks there are no real good candidates for a big role on the existing youth roster, my first new batch produced 3 guys with 3+ star potential (a GK at 3, a DC at 3 1/2 and an AML at 4 stars).

Last edited by whomario : 03-30-2012 at 05:21 AM.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:57 AM   #688
whomario
Pro Starter

Goals from corners are definitely still too easy when you set them with a certain "aim". On mixed itīs more natural and works better for me personally.

A transfer tip, another case of where FM made me curious about a real life player.
My scout just recommended a 28 year old argentinian attacking midfielder named Walter Montillo who plays in brazil, he came in at a 4* recomendation and has stellar attributes across the board, technically awesome with great flair but also good physichal attributes and highly developed mental ones.
Basically is the complete package and easily among the most impressive AMCs iīve seen so far, propably among the Top 10 AMCs worldwide.

Whatīs unique here is that he hasnīt played a single game for the argentinian National Team (and remember that Maradonna alone debuted like 100 new players during his stay), not IRL and not in the first year of my save game either.

Basically he is by far the best uncapped player in the world and due to that he was relatively cheap, cost "only" 12 mio Euros and earns about 2 mio a year.

youtube clip of him kicking ass in real life : http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en&v=D6PaGL44ztY&gl=US

playing style not all that unlike Messi actually
Old 03-30-2012, 08:58 AM   #689
whomario
Pro Starter

in case anybody still needs/wants some information on the game mechanics, i yesterday stumbled upon a pretty neat guide (seems like solid info and very handy to navigate) :
Guide to Football Manager | FM 2012 Guide and Forum
Player Attributes - Guide to Football Manager 2012 (as an example)

also on the subject of attributes, one overview/way to explain them that really has been very helpfull for me the last couple days :

Player Attributes Explained

Last edited by whomario : 03-30-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:15 AM   #690
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
anybody tested the feature of adding leagues after restarting ? I suppose the game would create a ton of regens when adding leagues (even if at "view only" ) or how does it work ? And does it work ok ?

I haven't really noticed the regens yet but did add Spain to be playable after three years of my current game just in case any interesting job offers came along.

What I did notice was that almost every team in La Liga had some sort of ownership transfer/bid as the league got underway.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:41 AM   #691
Karim
College Starter

Have only played sporadically for about a month now but my two favourite features so far:

* immediate feedback on the effect of your pep talk on each player

* fans disliking my "boring as watching paint dry tactic" despite the fact that I'm unbeaten in ten games after being hired 14 games into the season in the midst of a relegation battle (media prediction was 4th)
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:39 AM   #692
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Goals from corners are definitely still too easy when you set them with a certain "aim". On mixed itīs more natural and works better for me personally.

A transfer tip, another case of where FM made me curious about a real life player.
My scout just recommended a 28 year old argentinian attacking midfielder named Walter Montillo who plays in brazil, he came in at a 4* recomendation and has stellar attributes across the board, technically awesome with great flair but also good physichal attributes and highly developed mental ones.
Basically is the complete package and easily among the most impressive AMCs iīve seen so far, propably among the Top 10 AMCs worldwide.

Whatīs unique here is that he hasnīt played a single game for the argentinian National Team (and remember that Maradonna alone debuted like 100 new players during his stay), not IRL and not in the first year of my save game either.

Basically he is by far the best uncapped player in the world and due to that he was relatively cheap, cost "only" 12 mio Euros and earns about 2 mio a year.

youtube clip of him kicking ass in real life : http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en&v=D6PaGL44ztY&gl=US

playing style not all that unlike Messi actually

Cruzeiro is my favorite Brazilian club. Montillo is definitely their best player IRL and Corinthians were trying to sign him for several months before he signed an improved contract.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:56 AM   #693
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:

He received a cap recently irl in case you're interested (abeit partially because only players active in South America could play in that tournament).

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 03-31-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:41 AM   #694
whomario
Pro Starter

good to know He broke into the NT in my game as well, although considering he came back injured twice allready iīm not sure i still like that fact all that much

Iīm currently in a bit of a dilemma, i have the possibility to sign Mascherano who is literally my all time favourite FM player in terms of establishing a winning mentality and having an anchor in my midfield. But thereīs still Alex Song to consider obviously ... Donīt really see myself playing both in midfield, might have to consider playing Song back at DC (but there iīm also set, quite shocking for an Arsenal squad) where he isnīt as good.

Also, has anybody ever had success with a selfish player ? Hereīs a guy i am having my sights on for a year now :

Last edited by whomario : 03-31-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:32 PM   #695
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Finally played part of a game yesterday. Loving that they call it MCL and MCR now, instead of MC for both and having to figure it out later.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:40 PM   #696
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I'm starting at BBS and I love how the display shows a much inferior brand of soccer. There are lots of missed passes and poor runs unlike in versions past where everything seemed to connect brilliantly regardless of level of skill.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:23 PM   #697
whomario
Pro Starter

I must admit that the morale thing makes more sense to me by now Yeah, sometimes players drop rasther suddenly, but overall it makes sense and i love how the dynamic changes and how you just have to try to get over a bad stretch by bringing in a reserve or, do a team meeting (had my first one just a couple games ago after a 1:5 loss to Man City) and then sometimes you just
need to catch a break.
I was struggling, my players werenīt making their chances and make mistakes defensively, guys were injured or suspended, then one game i absolutely drill into my guys, the game is hard fought and we get a lucky draw on a ball that basically hit my player by accident and suddenly things pick up again.

one little thing i hate : 90% of the time when i get the message about quick subbing a guy, when i hit the button the option isnīt there anymore as the player went down for good. Half of the time itīs because iīm late to react (wish you could have the game stop in that instance, just make it optional) and the other times even if i hit it immediately.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:17 AM   #698
Qrusher14242
High School JV

i haven't been able to get a handle on morale this year...seems really random. Most of the time i just don't say anything. I would try and take the assistants advice and it would backfire causing guys to lose interest. Then once their morale went down, i couldn't win a game after that.

I dunno, i never liked the team talks to begin with, just seems like mind games.
Qrusher14242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:05 AM   #699
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrusher14242 View Post
i haven't been able to get a handle on morale this year...seems really random. Most of the time i just don't say anything. I would try and take the assistants advice and it would backfire causing guys to lose interest. Then once their morale went down, i couldn't win a game after that.

I dunno, i never liked the team talks to begin with, just seems like mind games.

One of the best things you can do is find a an assistant manager with a high motivation attribute. That'll help with the team talks. I'm also in the habit of having a private chat with any player who has had an 8.0+ game and praising them, or blasting them if they go below 6.0.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:20 AM   #700
Miller Time
H.S. Freshman Team

I actually fell for it.

Front Office Football Central
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gavin Aiston (News_ Inbox).jpg (147.6 KB, 204 views)
Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote