Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-05-2008, 12:15 PM   #651
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
So did hoops have the tiebreak then?

No.. Hoops' vote was on Jackal.. Someone moved his vote.. I'm guessing whomever has the power of persuasion
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 12:15 PM   #652
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
No tiebreaker was triggered.

Quote:
So did hoops have the tiebreak then?

Guess not.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:15 PM   #653
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I don't have too much of a problem with sndvls play. he gave us some information on mauboy (not enough to clear him, but some information at least), I doubt Ando is a high priority for Sylar to hunt down and I'm guessing as the rules state there are some duplicates of powers, so he probably isn't the only one with a similar ability.

The only thing I don't like is by narrowing down who not to go for, you give less targets for Sylar to have to choose from.. but I don't have an issue with the reveal at all.

The only issue I have with it, persay, is that it seems like it would've been better for us if that role stayed hidden until it got some real info, you know? It's good that we have one factoid on mau, but if snd gets night killed then we've lost that ability.. maybe not one of the strongest ones? but hey, it's still pretty damn useful.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 12:15 PM   #654
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I'm glad I moved my vote. Whew. Those were a ridiculously tense last 10 minutes there.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:17 PM   #655
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
sndvls, why would you vote for ardent then watch him, potentialy wasting your night ability?

I have a conditional order in
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 12:17 PM   #656
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Looking at Ardent's role... its nice that we got the cunning wolf, whom couldn't be spied on either.. That would have been one that could have caused us problems down the road with a CoT
Old 03-05-2008, 12:18 PM   #657
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
just in case I am offed in a few minutes, sndvls play seems really odd. Is he just trying to get info out there in case he is night killed?

I guess, but don't know why he would think he was in enough danger to reveal. It strikes me as a useful, but not terribly powerful ability though.

Does that name/power match with the show? That would give us another data point on that theory.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:18 PM   #658
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Looking at Ardent's role... its nice that we got the cunning wolf, whom couldn't be spied on either.. That would have been one that could have caused us problems down the road with a CoT

One of the best things we could've hoped for.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:19 PM   #659
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I guess, but don't know why he would think he was in enough danger to reveal. It strikes me as a useful, but not terribly powerful ability though.

Does that name/power match with the show? That would give us another data point on that theory.

Ando was one of the ones I brought up the other day questioning what type of power or ability he would have had.. he really is rather insignificant in the show, and basically acts as a character to allow Hiro to "explain" a story for the audience through Ando.

If I had to guess on day 1, Ando's super power would have been to fetch lemonade or something.. so really its as reasonable as anything else I suppose.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:19 PM   #660
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
I'm glad I moved my vote. Whew. Those were a ridiculously tense last 10 minutes there.

Good call. Did you find it as odd as I did that Ardent's fellow company members let him get in a tie?
Old 03-05-2008, 12:20 PM   #661
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
No.. Hoops' vote was on Jackal.. Someone moved his vote.. I'm guessing whomever has the power of persuasion

my thoughts exactly.

My guess would be Parkman or maybe Mickha
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 12:20 PM   #662
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

I wanted to try and establish some COT going into day 3

if I'm lost so be it, but at least it's a stat of a COT and if I am killed my loss of role won't hurt too bad.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:20 PM   #663
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Good call. Did you find it as odd as I did that Ardent's fellow company members let him get in a tie?

It happened with like 1 minute left, and possibly not enough time for them to react.. and even if they did react it would have looked suspicious.

I think the place we look is when Ardent was tied earlier in the morning for the lead, see who all was involved in saving him and pushing the vote to Neon and The Jackal.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:21 PM   #664
path12
Coordinator

Along the lines of my last post. I wonder if any of the early Ardent voters might have been caught in a position where they couldn't switch late without shining a light on themselves......
Old 03-05-2008, 12:22 PM   #665
SnDvls
Pro Starter

The person I tailed today also could spy/tail someone or so it seemed they were doing that to me.

The person I tailed today was following a blond women.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:22 PM   #666
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola - I believe the person I tailed will know who they are from what I offered up.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:22 PM   #667
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:

Yes and no. It kind of all went down in the last 5-10 minutes, and any vote switching by people that weren't under threat of lynching would look pretty damn suspicious.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:23 PM   #668
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I find it odd that Thomkal kept silent during those last crucial moments when Jackal and I were continually asking him to reply to our propositions.

Could it be that people were trying to prevent an Ardent - Thomkal tie, pushing votes towards me and Jackal, because both are wolves?

Not thinking straight right now. Adrenaline is rushing.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:24 PM   #669
Thomkal
Head Coach

I don't think Ardent's going to be too happy when he gets here to read this. Thanks to whomever moved that vote (Eden? Hiro?) and those who believed me when I said I was a hero and moved their votes.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 12:24 PM   #670
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

If I am killed I also want to get it out there that BK seemed to know alot about the mechanics of sylars role and when I pushed him on it he dissapeared
Old 03-05-2008, 12:25 PM   #671
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
It happened with like 1 minute left, and possibly not enough time for them to react.. and even if they did react it would have looked suspicious.

I think the place we look is when Ardent was tied earlier in the morning for the lead, see who all was involved in saving him and pushing the vote to Neon and The Jackal.

As you can see, I partially agree, especially as far as it being way too suspicious to move that vote late. There very well could be something in people trying to save, but obviously there wasn't enough movement for that to be successful.

I also think that it would be helpful (from both a trust and game standpoint) to get a little more info about how hoops vote got switched. Whoever did that gained some in my eyes, though could it have been Sylar somehow?

I think we'll end up getting good info from this vote, in addition to getting a bad guy.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:26 PM   #672
The Jackal
Coordinator

I know I've mentioned this before, but is it usual for Render to be this quiet?
Old 03-05-2008, 12:27 PM   #673
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Could it be that people were trying to prevent an Ardent - Thomkal tie, pushing votes towards me and Jackal, because both are wolves?

Maybe, but hard for me to go there entirely since I voted for you and a) I know I'm not a wolf, and b) I thought it was a reasonable vote.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:29 PM   #674
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I know I've mentioned this before, but is it usual for Render to be this quiet?

He's been quieter last couple games, IIRC. I also think this schedule isn't optimal for him.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:29 PM   #675
st.cronin
General Manager

We need to figure out Thomkal. If Thomkal = villager, then we have a substantial COT.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 12:29 PM   #676
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I also think that it would be helpful (from both a trust and game standpoint) to get a little more info about how hoops vote got switched. Whoever did that gained some in my eyes, though could it have been Sylar somehow?

I think we'll end up getting good info from this vote, in addition to getting a bad guy.

I doubt it was sylar. I think we will learn more about sylar after he kills. If we go by the show sylar won't have any powers until he kills someone.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:29 PM   #677
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
If I am killed I also want to get it out there that BK seemed to know alot about the mechanics of sylars role and when I pushed him on it he dissapeared

When was that? I'll have to go back when I get a chance.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:30 PM   #678
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
He's been quieter last couple games, IIRC. I also think this schedule isn't optimal for him.

Fair enough, just checking.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:30 PM   #679
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I'd just like to note that my vote for The Jackal was because a) I didn't want No Lynch, and b) I wasn't sold on Thomkal.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 12:30 PM   #680
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
We need to figure out Thomkal. If Thomkal = villager, then we have a substantial COT.

I agree with you there.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:31 PM   #681
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

This whole Thomkal suspicion still baffles me. Are you saying that from a standpoint of votes switching to no lynch/others in order to save him?
Old 03-05-2008, 12:33 PM   #682
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Actually, Thomkal just shutting his mouth, refusing to move his vote at all during those last few minutes (despite being safely behind thanks to people moving their votes)....

And then apologizing to Jackal right after the deadline? Apologize that he didn't want a fellow wolf get lynched outright, perhaps?

Something just isn't right with how Thomkal acted towards the end.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:33 PM   #683
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Giving your hero name at this point would prove you're not Sylar but not clear you of being Company so I don't see it really helping you.

Quote:
how do you know that?

Quote:
You're right it wouldn't prove it absolutely but Sylar would be telling a HELL of a risk picking a name from the list which another player, more likely than not, already has. I just don't see Sylar taking that chance.

Quote:
again, where does it say that sylar wasn't given an alias, or that sylar has a list of who is in the game?

Quote:
JH stated as much earlier on.

Quote:
I must have missed that, can you show me where?

Quote:
When was that? I'll have to go back when I get a chance.

That was the last we heard from BK, now it is the middle of the day in all fairness.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:33 PM   #684
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
This whole Thomkal suspicion still baffles me. Are you saying that from a standpoint of votes switching to no lynch/others in order to save him?

I don't think he's necessarily suspicious of Thomkal, just that if we know Thomkal is a villager then we have some very useful voting data from this day.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:34 PM   #685
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Actually, Thomkal just shutting his mouth, refusing to move his vote at all during those last few minutes (despite being safely behind thanks to people moving their votes)....

And then apologizing to Jackal right after the deadline? Apologize that he didn't want a fellow wolf get lynched outright, perhaps?

Something just isn't right with how Thomkal acted towards the end.

I wanted to believe it was just because he was busy, but the lack of a post in those last few minutes does smell pretty fishy.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:34 PM   #686
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Night Two Results

After the explosion of ardent and an ok nights' sleep you wake with a bounce in your step when you get out of bed. Again you flip on the news and hear a horrible story. It seems that out in some gigantic field a teenager was found, dead as a board. No speculation as to the cause of death. Eerily, you recognize the kid. It was oliegirl, West Rosen, a Hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by her PM
West Rosen

You are one of the Heroes
Your goal is to both eliminate all of the Company members and to eliminate Sylar as well

Power:
You have dual abilities, kinda. The first is Matt Parkman can read minds, and can communicate freely with you. The 2nd, is the ability to fly. As someone who can fly, you are harder to kill and can spy on people easily. Each night you can either A) Protect yourself or B) Spy on someone. Your success at either is random (i.e. you could choose to protect yourself and still die, you could Spy on someone and learn nothing)
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 12:34 PM   #687
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
There will be a good amount more names than players, but he won't be told a name that isn't in the game.

this is what JeHeinze said, which IMO is pretty vague
Old 03-05-2008, 12:34 PM   #688
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Almost forgot...

Day/Night Three has begun. Lynch Votes and Night Actions are due by 1 PM EST on Thursday, March 6th.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 12:34 PM   #689
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

Votes switching. If the votes moved from Thomkal (villager) to Ardent (wolf), then I am going to assume the votes that moved are villager votes. If Thomkal is a wolf, which I have no idea if he is, then we really have no data, the vote was wolf vs. wolf.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 12:38 PM   #690
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK, so 1 kill each night is a silver lining.

What do we make of the difference in the way the kills were done?
Old 03-05-2008, 12:39 PM   #691
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Votes switching. If the votes moved from Thomkal (villager) to Ardent (wolf), then I am going to assume the votes that moved are villager votes. If Thomkal is a wolf, which I have no idea if he is, then we really have no data, the vote was wolf vs. wolf.

Thomkal is probably #1 on my lynch list right now, to be honest. If someone used a night power to find out info about him, would be a pretty good reveal, but otherwise, that's where my preliminary vote is looking to be.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:41 PM   #692
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Once Ardent turned up as a wolf, the first place that I was going to start looking for the next wolf was Cronin. Its not unheard of for him to throw a vote on a fellow wolf early when it doesn't matter.. and in Ardent's case he was kind of caught holding the bag without being able to move his vote.

I'm not really sold on this just yet, but the way he is pushing on Thomkal helps me feel stronger to vote for Cronin today. This isn't any more than a gut feeling though, and probably one that isn't any better than the gut feeling I had on Ardent..
Old 03-05-2008, 12:42 PM   #693
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:

It's possible that people just said how they would like the deaths to happen, I remember that was the case in the last game.

It makes the most sense that each of these kills was done by the company, but the lack of a sylar sighting (or known sylar killing, at least) is on the one hand good for us, but slightly disturbing. Maybe sylar kills people during the day? I guess we'll find out eventually.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:42 PM   #694
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I think it is different depending on whom does the kill for the company. The first night the bullet still seems to lead me to think that HRG is company in this game and he did the kill..

Stiff as a board, I'm trying to play through in my mind who that could be. Doesn't sound like Sylar though. I'm wondering if its Bob's ability to transmutate that killed Olie.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:42 PM   #695
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Once Ardent turned up as a wolf, the first place that I was going to start looking for the next wolf was Cronin. Its not unheard of for him to throw a vote on a fellow wolf early when it doesn't matter.. and in Ardent's case he was kind of caught holding the bag without being able to move his vote.

I'm not really sold on this just yet, but the way he is pushing on Thomkal helps me feel stronger to vote for Cronin today. This isn't any more than a gut feeling though, and probably one that isn't any better than the gut feeling I had on Ardent..

No, it's a good gut feeling. That's common wolf behavior, putting a vote on a wolf so that later in the game there's less suspicion on you.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:43 PM   #696
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Thomkal's only message before the lynch:

Quote:
sorry I've been away from the computer. I cannot support a move to no lynch despite who it might save, myself included because I strongly believe we need some information from this lynch. I could move to Ardent I suppose if there's enough votes, but not a no lynch

Jackal then moved his vote.

Then I moved my vote.

Then deadline...

And then, this message from Thomkal at 1:01, which means he's probably been paying attention to the thread.

Quote:
sorry jackal

There were enough votes. But he didn't move his, even though he was right there. And then, the quick apology? It screams wolf to me.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:44 PM   #697
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
I think it is different depending on whom does the kill for the company. The first night the bullet still seems to lead me to think that HRG is company in this game and he did the kill..

Stiff as a board, I'm trying to play through in my mind who that could be. Doesn't sound like Sylar though. I'm wondering if its Bob's ability to transmutate that killed Olie.

After reading your post, I think we should dismiss any of my speculation on the type of night kills since I've never seen the show. But hearing your interpretations is nice.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:45 PM   #698
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'm a little troubled by my night PM.. I was debating on what to reveal and how much.. but I am troubled because I don't know if the result of my night PM is due to someone purposely blocking me from action or because of the person i chose to use my action on..

Basically my nightly PM that i received was a Viagra add...
Old 03-05-2008, 12:49 PM   #699
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Damn...I was really liking this game! Avenge me heroes!!!!

oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 12:51 PM   #700
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm a little troubled by my night PM.. I was debating on what to reveal and how much.. but I am troubled because I don't know if the result of my night PM is due to someone purposely blocking me from action or because of the person i chose to use my action on..

Basically my nightly PM that i received was a Viagra add...

That is tough. I don't know what other people think, but I'd say hold it to yourself for now, especially since we wouldn't know if it was a result of the person you scanned or a random person blocking your action.