Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-16-2007, 12:58 PM   #651
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

You guys are all confusing the hell out of me. This is a lot of pages for only two days worth of Werewolf.... But I think going between saldana and alant is a good idea for toinght, I just dont know which one to pick yet.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 12:58 PM   #652
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
One.

ditto...one
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 01:00 PM   #653
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i've thought about it at lunch

VOTE SALDANA

Alan was out of the gate early with his info. knowing him and how he would have read the rules already and all I doubt he would have done that and pinned himself to any piece of information if it wasn't true.

which means mr. saldana is a wolf
Old 08-16-2007, 01:00 PM   #654
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
question for everyone:

I'm not looking for you answers, just a number

Of the 3 things you submitted last night to Pass (Who/Where/What) how many clues did you get back?

If you did like I did and put in info you already knew don't include that. It just seemed odd to me that I put in two unknowns and only got back one result and want to see if that held true for everyone else too.

I'd also be interested in seeing how many put down cronin for their guess.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:01 PM   #655
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
question for everyone:

I'm not looking for you answers, just a number

Of the 3 things you submitted last night to Pass (Who/Where/What) how many clues did you get back?

If you did like I did and put in info you already knew don't include that. It just seemed odd to me that I put in two unknowns and only got back one result and want to see if that held true for everyone else too.

I put in three unknowns last night. I only got one back (The room) and got no information on the weapon or person that I asked about. The person I asked about has since been cleared by someone else though. (Crim)
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 01:01 PM   #656
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

and i dispute the fact that my contributions havn't been helpful path. it's anything but busywork...i have a nice color-coded spreadsheet with like...6 columns over here. even if it's only helpful to me it's helpful...and getting multiple views on people will certainly be helpful in trying to pin down lies.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:03 PM   #657
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'd also be interested in seeing how many put down cronin for their guess.

I have a good reason for not choosing Cronin last night. I personally felt after day 1, he was the only one of the 5 uncleared (when I submitted my suggestion.. ntn cleared crim after I sent mine in) that I felt strongly might be it.. I felt it so strong that I felt he was a shoe in for the FBI to scan him last night (as I said this morning).. I figured the FBI's only job is to pinpoint the murderer, once he finds him he will reveal and it will be an easy read.. so I went a different direction.

I can only guess the FBI agent scanned someone else last night instead
Old 08-16-2007, 01:09 PM   #658
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Vote Saldana

I am going to have to leave very soon and will be out until after deadline
Old 08-16-2007, 01:11 PM   #659
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Anybody have an updated list of the cleared rooms? I have 9 on my list and I thought there were two more mentioned but I can't find them
Old 08-16-2007, 01:14 PM   #660
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
and i dispute the fact that my contributions havn't been helpful path. it's anything but busywork...i have a nice color-coded spreadsheet with like...6 columns over here. even if it's only helpful to me it's helpful...and getting multiple views on people will certainly be helpful in trying to pin down lies.

I always like to keep careful track when I'm a wolf also.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:15 PM   #661
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Number 5 is that they could possibly be a socialite. However, they should have checked in that way, as others did, since there are plenty of roles out there.

just a thought, but perhaps we all decided to be "nameless" socialites so as not to become an easy target for the MURDERER?

Your argument isn't making much sense path, I'm willing to hear you out but your numbered logic fails miserably to prove anything.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 01:15 PM   #662
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'm gonna go ahead and vote early, since I don't have a lot of time again.

Vote No Lynch

I figure that I haven't really gotten a good grasp on things just yet and that I won't be around at the deadline, so I want to get a vote in without doing anything damaging should concrete information emerge down the road.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 01:15 PM   #663
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

i'm not a wolf though
Old 08-16-2007, 01:16 PM   #664
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Does anyone have a vote count?

I still haven't put in my vote, and I'm not sure who I'm going to vote for yet. Reading through all the posts.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:16 PM   #665
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i's is with RendeR on this one. i would expect that all the "special role" people checked in as nameless socialites. it's the only sensible thing to do.

Swaggs...not a vote for saldana or alan?
Old 08-16-2007, 01:18 PM   #666
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
just a thought, but perhaps we all decided to be "nameless" socialites so as not to become an easy target for the MURDERER?

Your argument isn't making much sense path, I'm willing to hear you out but your numbered logic fails miserably to prove anything.

Most wolves try to claim vanilla. Also, JE and Lathum both checked in as nameless socialites. You'll notice many checked in as socialite, or just checked in and didn't mention anything, etc, etc. The three I've named specifically checked in as nameless.

It's just fundamentals IMO. You try and find people who do or say something contrary to what they've said before.

Besides, you got a better idea?
Old 08-16-2007, 01:19 PM   #667
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

better idea would be to vote saldana or cronin IMO
Old 08-16-2007, 01:19 PM   #668
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:

And this seems odd too, as a wolf you don't need to keep track of much at all, you let the village do the dirty work for you and simply prod them in one direction or another.

Villagers keep meticulous notes, IE look at the spreadsheet work telle and others have done in the past, hell she's got ME doing it too and it makes sense. As villagers we HAVE to check every piece of information, but wolves don't, they shouldn't ever need to put themselves in a position to need in depth analysis.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:21 PM   #669
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I'm kind of interested with Mrs. White's role. She can off anyone, anywehere, anytime she wants. Has anyone discussed her role's apparent useful and/or debilitating nature?

It's certainly a double-edged sword. She could hit a villager, if uninformed, and basically speed everything up for the wolves by a day. Or, she could hit a wolf or the murderer and give a tremendous boost to the villagers.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:22 PM   #670
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I'd also say that since you just checked in as a socialite, yet have shown that you don't know Peacock, that you have a role. Which is cool. I don't know which one.

I don't really mind if anyone goes with this or not, my ego is not wrapped up in this. But I'm willing to bet that two of the three I named will end up being bad.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:22 PM   #671
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Most wolves try to claim vanilla. Also, JE and Lathum both checked in as nameless socialites. You'll notice many checked in as socialite, or just checked in and didn't mention anything, etc, etc. The three I've named specifically checked in as nameless.

It's just fundamentals IMO. You try and find people who do or say something contrary to what they've said before.

Besides, you got a better idea?

Right now? Lynching you is climbing my charts. You're carrying on a very illogical, mis-conclusioned argument. pointing here and there and honestly never making specific charges, but also offering no real solid info to back anything up.

If you read the rules at all you would claim to be a nameless socialite because those are the only people who are not direct and specific targets of someone. You're claim that people using that is suspicious is, well...dumb? It goes against the very setup of the game to assume anything particular about that claim as it is the BASE claim everyone should be making to protect themselves.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:23 PM   #672
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
but wolves don't, they shouldn't ever need to put themselves in a position to need in depth analysis.

They should. It stops them from contradicting themselves.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:23 PM   #673
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
I'm kind of interested with Mrs. White's role. She can off anyone, anywehere, anytime she wants. Has anyone discussed her role's apparent useful and/or debilitating nature?

It's certainly a double-edged sword. She could hit a villager, if uninformed, and basically speed everything up for the wolves by a day. Or, she could hit a wolf or the murderer and give a tremendous boost to the villagers.

I think Mrs.White should go after either Cronin or Saldana whichever one doesnt get lynched today.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:25 PM   #674
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Right now? Lynching you is climbing my charts. You're carrying on a very illogical, mis-conclusioned argument. pointing here and there and honestly never making specific charges, but also offering no real solid info to back anything up.

If you read the rules at all you would claim to be a nameless socialite because those are the only people who are not direct and specific targets of someone. You're claim that people using that is suspicious is, well...dumb? It goes against the very setup of the game to assume anything particular about that claim as it is the BASE claim everyone should be making to protect themselves.

And I think you're just rambling off on irrelavent tangents and throwing shit on the walls everywhere. Yet I'm not insulting you about it. Until then.

And if you think I've never given solid info to back it up, you're not reading what I've said, or you're not bothering to check it for yourself. That's your perogative.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:26 PM   #675
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
And this seems odd too, as a wolf you don't need to keep track of much at all, you let the village do the dirty work for you and simply prod them in one direction or another.

Villagers keep meticulous notes, IE look at the spreadsheet work telle and others have done in the past, hell she's got ME doing it too and it makes sense. As villagers we HAVE to check every piece of information, but wolves don't, they shouldn't ever need to put themselves in a position to need in depth analysis.

not totally true...I have in the past as I wolf kept a chart. In a complex game as this one I could see them doing the same. A lot of people gave out a lot of info to start out and if they were trying to give out false info they would need to track it. With Lathum & JE gone and some/all of their info gone it gives them another "false positive" to gain trust out there as well.

not casting stones one way or the other here just showing both sides.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 01:29 PM   #676
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
I'd also say that since you just checked in as a socialite, yet have shown that you don't know Peacock, that you have a role. Which is cool. I don't know which one.

I don't really mind if anyone goes with this or not, my ego is not wrapped up in this. But I'm willing to bet that two of the three I named will end up being bad.

Ok path, lets get reallllllly simple here for you.

A) if I were a primary socialite I wouldn't admit it because I'd be offed.
B) If I come out and reveal Peacock, She gets offed.

So, lets see what the rather OBIVIOUS play would be......*drum roll please*

C) I keep my mouth shut about it.

Good grief, You are something, you're plying me and everyone else for info on wether they KNOW peacock as a device to find the primaries. So you're either a wolf assisting the murderer (who in turn kills off the primaries hopefully nailing the seer for you) so you can then kill him off before he wins and continue unabated.

Or you're the murderer and you just slipped up a bit. If you ARE the murderer then the two people who vouched for you are wolves, as they would have to lie about it. SNDVls was one, who was the second?

You are lighting up my wolf meter pretty badly.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:30 PM   #677
path12
Coordinator

You certainly seem to be very sure of how to play this game. I'm sure nobody would do anything differently than you.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:32 PM   #678
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
They should. It stops them from contradicting themselves.

As another said above , in a complicated game I can see this as true. Perhaps I'm just naive because I don't see this game as all that complicated.

We find and kill the murderer (or someone accuses him and wins) then we find the wolves and win.

Its not real complicated.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:33 PM   #679
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Good grief, You are something, you're plying me and everyone else for info on wether they KNOW peacock as a device to find the primaries. So you're either a wolf assisting the murderer (who in turn kills off the primaries hopefully nailing the seer for you) so you can then kill him off before he wins and continue unabated.

When have I asked anybody to out Peacock? I know who Peacock is, and I'm not telling, and I don't want anyone else to either. I'm saying that those who don't are either wolves, the murderer, or a named socialite. And if you claim to be nameless when you're something else, that is a suspicious move.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:36 PM   #680
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
You certainly seem to be very sure of how to play this game. I'm sure nobody would do anything differently than you.

Instead of attacking me, try coming up with some plausible alternative to my statements. You're acting like a cornered canine.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:38 PM   #681
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
When have I asked anybody to out Peacock? I know who Peacock is, and I'm not telling, and I don't want anyone else to either. I'm saying that those who don't are either wolves, the murderer, or a named socialite. And if you claim to be nameless when you're something else, that is a suspicious move.

how is that suspicious? if the primaries came out and said they were they get KILLED, but it seems from your arguments that is exactly what you want?

Why are you beating this horse to death and further? EVERYONE should be claiming to be nameless, how can that BE suspicious? it doesn't offer any help whatsoever?
Old 08-16-2007, 01:39 PM   #682
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I think Mrs.White should go after either Cronin or Saldana whichever one doesnt get lynched today.

That's the logical train of thought, and would have believe that Mrs. White should probably go there as well. Of course, it's a question of should she risk her using her power now, as to saving it for later but risk being killed tonight?

I've done some reading back.

VOTE ST. CRONIN

BTW, has anyone heard from Schmidty?
Old 08-16-2007, 01:41 PM   #683
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
how is that suspicious? if the primaries came out and said they were they get KILLED, but it seems from your arguments that is exactly what you want?

Why are you beating this horse to death and further? EVERYONE should be claiming to be nameless, how can that BE suspicious? it doesn't offer any help whatsoever?

I guess I could ask why you're so positive I'm wrong. I could even use caps!
Old 08-16-2007, 01:41 PM   #684
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

what if we lynch cronin and mrs. white goes after saldana...then if saldana was a villager we lynch alan tomorrow?
Old 08-16-2007, 01:42 PM   #685
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
As another said above , in a complicated game I can see this as true. Perhaps I'm just naive because I don't see this game as all that complicated.

We find and kill the murderer (or someone accuses him and wins) then we find the wolves and win.

Its not real complicated.

This is pretty much how I think as well.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:42 PM   #686
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Thats actually what I brought up. Why would you do this? My guess is that you are trying to save Cronin by adding a distraction. I know you are lying, you know that I know you are lying and while I was fairly fixated on Cronin all morning, this was the way to get me off of him.

and by "trying to save', do you mean "voting for"?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 01:43 PM   #687
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

dola

that seems to give us maximum "bang for our buck" in terms of covering all those bases
Old 08-16-2007, 01:46 PM   #688
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
and by "trying to save', do you mean "voting for"?

If you aren't trying to save him with this move, I honestly have no idea what you are up to. Unless you just slipped up and realized it too late. I have no special role at all, so I have no problem whatsoever dying if it points us in the right direction.

Just like I said earlier I wouldn't have a problem if people voted me over Cronin then went after Cronin after my death, the same applies to you. I have no problem with people voting me out today, and doing so would only implicate Cronin as the Murderer and you as the wolf.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:48 PM   #689
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
dola

that seems to give us maximum "bang for our buck" in terms of covering all those bases

I agree fully, and will take it a step further... It doesn't honestly matter which order you do it in. Even if it means me first, my death would show Cronin's guilt as the murderer and Saldana's guilt as a wolf. Its just important that they aren't let off the hook by the other conversations and accusations flying around today.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:49 PM   #690
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If you aren't trying to save him with this move, I honestly have no idea what you are up to. Unless you just slipped up and realized it too late. I have no special role at all, so I have no problem whatsoever dying if it points us in the right direction.

Just like I said earlier I wouldn't have a problem if people voted me over Cronin then went after Cronin after my death, the same applies to you. I have no problem with people voting me out today, and doing so would only implicate Cronin as the Murderer and you as the wolf.

i like my plan. it would allow us to take care of 2/3 of this right away. and it would leave you (who i think has the strongest possibility of being a villager) alive until tomorrow, where we would certainly know where you stood.

*then again this could be a cornered alan trying to turn it into a 2-for-1 deal, or a cornered saldana trying to do the same*
Old 08-16-2007, 01:50 PM   #691
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Jesus people. I'm here just to check-a-diddily-ding-dong in and there's five damn pages to get through.

And just for RendeR -- I have a role. Dig it.

I thought I remembered this little tidbit.

If you have a role you don't know who peocock is, yet you claim to. Which is it path?
Old 08-16-2007, 01:52 PM   #692
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I thought I remembered this little tidbit.

If you have a role you don't know who peocock is, yet you claim to. Which is it path?

1) I could be lying in order to try and draw wolves my way.

2) I could be a seer.

3) I could be Green.

Take your choice.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:53 PM   #693
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I agree fully, and will take it a step further... It doesn't honestly matter which order you do it in. Even if it means me first, my death would show Cronin's guilt as the murderer and Saldana's guilt as a wolf. Its just important that they aren't let off the hook by the other conversations and accusations flying around today.

i think you have the highest probability of being good of the 3, so i'd rather see us take out the other 2 and leave you until tomorrow, as you are quite a helpful villager presuming you are indeed good.

are there others onboard with this idea?

note: mrs. white should NOT reveal to say that he/she is onboard with the idea and who they will be targeting...they are still a "high-value" target for the murderer until the murderer is confirmed dead.

guess what i'd like see is either votes for saldana or cronin and then mrs. white send in a conditional "kill whichever one doesn't get lynched" type PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:55 PM   #694
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
I guess I could ask why you're so positive I'm wrong. I could even use caps!

Its not a matter of being wrong path, its the point that your entire argument relating to the knowledge of peacock is just rubbish.

Answer me: how can claiming to be a nameless socialite, since that is the only claim tha is safe for any and every player to make, be considered suspicious?

I went back through and found at least 6 people claiming that and most everyone else just used ssociliate. How does that help anything?

If I'm a wolf I claim nameless because it lumps me into the vast majority or players.

If I'm a primary I HAVE to claim this or risk becoming a murderer target too early in the game.

What other options do we have path?

This continued pointless arguement and my noted snippet above makes me:

VOTE PATH12
Old 08-16-2007, 01:56 PM   #695
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
i think you have the highest probability of being good of the 3, so i'd rather see us take out the other 2 and leave you until tomorrow, as you are quite a helpful villager presuming you are indeed good.

are there others onboard with this idea?

note: mrs. white should NOT reveal to say that he/she is onboard with the idea and who they will be targeting...they are still a "high-value" target for the murderer until the murderer is confirmed dead.

guess what i'd like see is either votes for saldana or cronin and then mrs. white send in a conditional "kill whichever one doesn't get lynched" type PM.

I am in support of this idea. Anyone else?
Old 08-16-2007, 01:58 PM   #696
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

RendeR...you'll switch if it's necessary later to ensure a lynch on saldana or cronin though, right??

i honestly think path was just saying that earlier in the game to try to be flippant.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:58 PM   #697
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
1) I could be lying in order to try and draw wolves my way.

2) I could be a seer.

3) I could be Green.

Take your choice.

What possible reason do you have for pulling the wolves your way? Unless your the BG you can't stop them. And then you only stop 1, if they tag team you you're still dead.

Green and Plum? what do they know? They don't know who peacock is either.

Keep digging. We have plenty of rope.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:58 PM   #698
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

dola

Of course, this is all moot if Mrs. White hasn't been online the past couple of hours, or hasn't been reading at all.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:00 PM   #699
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
RendeR...you'll switch if it's necessary later to ensure a lynch on saldana or cronin though, right??

i honestly think path was just saying that earlier in the game to try to be flippant.

I will indeed try to ensure a lynch, ties gain us nothing.

I agree he may have just been screwing around, but after his last response I doubt it more. I think he messed up.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:02 PM   #700
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

No I wasn't. You, Telle and Crim are top of my list.