Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-03-2008, 12:49 PM   #651
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Dola .. I think that Bettman would've been better served to let Phaneuf handle the discipline. At least make Avery play, and then go from there.

Now we have to wait until February 3rd.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:51 PM   #652
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Well, I dunno that it's right. I mean Goodell is punishing everyone, and Brandon Marshall and Joey Porter have been calling each other gay in the media. I think that is quite a bit worse, and neither was suspended.

And Porter is more notorious inside football then Avery is inside hockey.

Bettman HATES Avery. It's that simple.

Now was the comment classless? Sure. But that is how so many hockey players are, I guess I am just used to it.

While it's hard to draw lines sometimes, I think the difference between Joey Porter and Avery is that Avery went after Phaneuf's girlfriend (not to mention Mike Comrie's and Jarret Stoll's girlfriends as well). Personal attacks on other players are one thing, personal attacks on girlfriends, wives, family, etc. are a slightly different breed.

Also, I'm sure things 100 times worse are said between players on the ice. Avery's past and the whole orchestrated nature of the comments certainly played a role. He sought out the reporters. It was totally staged.

I appreciate what Avery was trying to do (for example, I fully planned to record the game, but didn't once I heard Avery was suspended), but I don't think the NHL is too far off the mark on this one.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:52 PM   #653
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Dola .. I think that Bettman would've been better served to let Phaneuf handle the discipline. At least make Avery play, and then go from there.

Well, like Harry Neale once said: "Revenge can be a luscious fruit if allowed to ripen."
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 12-03-2008, 01:00 PM   #654
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
While it's hard to draw lines sometimes, I think the difference between Joey Porter and Avery is that Avery went after Phaneuf's girlfriend (not to mention Mike Comrie's and Jarret Stoll's girlfriends as well). Personal attacks on other players are one thing, personal attacks on girlfriends, wives, family, etc. are a slightly different breed.

Also, I'm sure things 100 times worse are said between players on the ice. Avery's past and the whole orchestrated nature of the comments certainly played a role. He sought out the reporters. It was totally staged.

I appreciate what Avery was trying to do (for example, I fully planned to record the game, but didn't once I heard Avery was suspended), but I don't think the NHL is too far off the mark on this one.

I understand the suspension .. Just not a fan of it. At least have a hearing before make indefinite. With anyone else I feel like they would've held them out for the night then decided from there.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:02 PM   #655
MikeVic
Head Coach

I think past behaviour played a role, and that's totally justifiable.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:05 PM   #656
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
I think past behaviour played a role, and that's totally justifiable.

Again, I don't disagee, but every time he does something it feels like there is a knee-jerk reaction from the league. Obviously there is a problem with Avery but the NHL could use any publicity they can get, and a cocky punk calling out a Hollywood star who's boyfriend is a beast, and already hates Avery is great.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:17 PM   #657
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:

maybe Bettman realized that Phaneuf is a big pussy
Old 12-03-2008, 01:20 PM   #658
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
maybe Bettman realized that Phaneuf is a big pussy

Whoa, I call penalty box for this statement.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:30 PM   #659
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Personal attacks on other players are one thing, personal attacks on girlfriends, wives, family, etc. are a slightly different breed.

But he was also going after his own ex('s)? So now that's policeable? I hope none of these guys end up in divorce court.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 12-03-2008 at 01:31 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:33 PM   #660
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbor View Post
Hurricanes rehire Paul Maurice as coach!!!

WTF? (runs off to check WRAL)

If true, gee, the team has had trouble playing with passion SINCE THEY CAME TO NORTH CAROLINA, and we're going to bring back a coach who couldn't get them to do it to replace another one who couldn't?

Jim Rutherford seems to be admired in hockey circles, but year after year they put out a team that only plays hard in stretches. They played hard for one 6-month stretch and turned it into a Stanley Cup, but that's it. They've been an underachieving team for a long time, and something more fundamental has to change.

Or in other words, I think Maurice and Laviolette are both pretty good coaches, and I don't think either one is the problem here.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:33 PM   #661
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Wow, yup, it's true.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:34 PM   #662
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Carolina needs Tortorella.

Talk about passion. I love that guy.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:38 PM   #663
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
But he was also going after his own ex('s)? So now that's policeable?

I'd say ther/her status as Phaneuf's (Comrie's, Stoll's) girlfriend(s) trump(s) their/her status as "his own ex('s).

For example, let's say Cuthbert was now dating Brendan Fraser, Rachel Hunter was dating Keifer Sutherland and Hillary Duff was dating Jim Carrey (all Canadian actors) and Avery said:

"I am really happy to be back in Calgary, I love Canada. I just want to comment on how it's become like a common thing in the for actors to fall in love with my sloppy seconds. I don't know what that's about. Enjoy the game tonight."

That would be a very odd and random comment about Avery's ex's, but I don't think it would have led to him being suspended. I think the fact that he went after other players' SOs was, among other things, what made it suspensionable.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:12 PM   #664
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
If true, gee, the team has had trouble playing with passion SINCE THEY CAME TO NORTH CAROLINA, and we're going to bring back a coach who couldn't get them to do it to replace another one who couldn't?

We'll take them back up here in Connecticut, thank you very much.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:24 PM   #665
watravaler
High School JV

ESPN - NHL Attendance Leaders - National Hockey League

RNK TEAM AVG
1 Chicago 21,485
2 Montreal 21,273
3 Detroit 19,726
4 Toronto 19,311
5 Philadelphia 19,303
6 Calgary 19,289
7 Ottawa 19,031
8 St. Louis 18,978
9 Vancouver 18,630
10 Minnesota 18,568
11 Buffalo 18,562
12 NY Rangers 18,130
13 Dallas 17,816
14 Washington 17,765
15 San Jose 17,473
16 Edmonton 16,839
17 Anaheim 16,809
18 Pittsburgh 16,780
19 Tampa Bay 16,373
20 Colorado 16,272
21 Boston 16,169
22 Los Angeles 15,358
23 Florida 15,028
24 Carolina 14,843
25 Phoenix 14,703
26 New Jersey 14,668
27 Atlanta 13,988
28 Nashville 13,827
29 Columbus 13,781
30 NY Islanders 13,238

Was Bill Wirtz really the devil? Now it's time to start putting some chinks in Detroit's armor.

Side-Rant: Anyone else hate the way the standing are calculated?

Bring back the Patrick, Smythe, Adams, and Norris...bring back the old version of the playoffs(4 team divisional playoff) and I'll be happy. Minnesota/Detroit/Chicago should be in the same division

Last edited by watravaler : 12-03-2008 at 02:25 PM.
watravaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:41 PM   #666
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by watravaler View Post
No, I think it's fantastic that 25 or 26 teams finish over .500 every year. I think it really helps the NHL's credibility.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:42 PM   #667
Oilers9911
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Although I love the guy, I do agree that there's no place for personal attacks that don't have anything to do with hockey. Girlfriends, wives, children should all be off limits from public comments.

How can ANYONE love Sean Avery? The guy is an idiot, and I think he is a borderline mental case.
Oilers9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:08 PM   #668
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by watravaler View Post
ESPN - NHL Attendance Leaders - National Hockey League

RNK TEAM AVG
1 Chicago 21,485
2 Montreal 21,273
3 Detroit 19,726
4 Toronto 19,311
5 Philadelphia 19,303
6 Calgary 19,289
7 Ottawa 19,031
8 St. Louis 18,978
9 Vancouver 18,630
10 Minnesota 18,568
11 Buffalo 18,562
12 NY Rangers 18,130
13 Dallas 17,816
14 Washington 17,765
15 San Jose 17,473
16 Edmonton 16,839
17 Anaheim 16,809
18 Pittsburgh 16,780
19 Tampa Bay 16,373
20 Colorado 16,272
21 Boston 16,169
22 Los Angeles 15,358
23 Florida 15,028
24 Carolina 14,843
25 Phoenix 14,703
26 New Jersey 14,668
27 Atlanta 13,988
28 Nashville 13,827
29 Columbus 13,781
30 NY Islanders 13,238

Was Bill Wirtz really the devil? Now it's time to start putting some chinks in Detroit's armor.

Bring back the Patrick, Smythe, Adams, and Norris...bring back the old version of the playoffs(4 team divisional playoff) and I'll be happy. Minnesota/Detroit/Chicago should be in the same division

Yeah you need Winnipeg in one of those divisions too.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:15 PM   #669
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Between this talk of Smythe divisions and ML's obscure retro jersey post I just read, I'm almost sick to my stomach with renewed Jets nostalgia. I'm very concerned that I'll find myself phoning around trying to order a custom Luciano Borsato jersey this weekend.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:18 PM   #670
MikeVic
Head Coach

Who was the up-and-coming young stud #40 in the early NHL games? Evgeny Davydov?
Old 12-03-2008, 03:23 PM   #671
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Oh how I loved Davydov! I had multiple copies of his rookie cards, I thought I was going to be rich some day.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Old 12-03-2008, 03:24 PM   #672
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I don't think he was number 40 though... I'm going to look it up.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:28 PM   #673
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Looks like Davydov was #11 and #40, so we are both right!
Old 12-03-2008, 03:42 PM   #674
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

I'll never forget Davydov getting his head split open by that camera in Edmonton during one of the Jets' epic playoff runs.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:45 PM   #675
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think the fact that he went after other players' SOs was, among other things, what made it suspensionable.

And I'm still flabbergasted that taking a mild and accurate poke at somebody about who their dating is actionable. Seems more like Bettman power tripping than anything else AFAIC.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:29 PM   #676
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
We'll take them back up here in Connecticut, thank you very much.

playing for the Wolfpack?

He's an idiot. I don't know if it's suspendable, but he's an idiot.

This has probably already been said but, he acts like he was her first....maybe 101st, but not first. Send him back to Vogue and get him out of the NHL.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:32 PM   #677
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Just because it's accurate doesn't mean it needs to be said in front of a gallery of cameras and tape recorders.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:33 PM   #678
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Also agree with others, suspend him AFTER the Calgary game. Let Phaneuf chase him around, let Avery turtle. Let that at least happen first.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:38 PM   #679
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
Also agree with others, suspend him AFTER the Calgary game. Let Phaneuf chase him around, let Avery turtle. Let that at least happen first.

Why?? So Phaneuf can land himself in hot water with Colin Campbell after he opens up Avery's for face for 15 stitches?? Yeah, that makes sense.

Chain Avery and PacMan Jones together at the ankles and let them loose in Vegas with a camera crew following them...leave the NHL (and the NFL) alone.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:43 PM   #680
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyshaka View Post
Why?? So Phaneuf can land himself in hot water with Colin Campbell after he opens up Avery's for face for 15 stitches?? Yeah, that makes sense.

Chain Avery and PacMan Jones together at the ankles and let them loose in Vegas with a camera crew following them...leave the NHL (and the NFL) alone.

It doesn't make sense for Phaneuf or for Calgary as a team. But for everyone else, they'd be rooting for it.

I wonder if they could have given Avery an extra 2 for instigating?
Old 12-03-2008, 05:00 PM   #681
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:

seriously, you guys HAVE watched Phaneuf play, right? Are we talking about a brother of his or something?
Old 12-03-2008, 05:09 PM   #682
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Sure, I've seen Phaneuf NOT fight...yer right...but that bastard can hit like the best of them.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:09 PM   #683
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
seriously, you guys HAVE watched Phaneuf play, right? Are we talking about a brother of his or something?

I agree with, DD. Phaneuf is big and strong, but he tends to shrink away from this kind of thing. I remember back in the 2007 playoffs when the Wings had Bertuzzi. Just the mere presence of Bertuzzi was enough to make Phanuef all sheepish and quiet.

As entertaining as the game last night might have been if Avery was kept in the line-up (if Phanuef didn't do something it's likely someone on Calgary would have), I am not sure that would have been good for the league. It had the potential to turn into a pretty ugly affair.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:15 PM   #684
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Just because it's accurate doesn't mean it needs to be said in front of a gallery of cameras and tape recorders.

Yeah, since that whole "no personality allowed" thing is working out so well for NASCAR these days.

Sorry, but Avery is easily one of the ten most entertaining things about the NHL at this point, it's beyond idiotic of them to do anything to muzzle the guy over something as insignificant as this.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:27 PM   #685
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Yeah, since that whole "no personality allowed" thing is working out so well for NASCAR these days.

Sorry, but Avery is easily one of the ten most entertaining things about the NHL at this point, it's beyond idiotic of them to do anything to muzzle the guy over something as insignificant as this.

Precisely why he has to go...antics like his take away from the true ten most entertaining things about the NHL.

Flip it over to Jackass or The Real World if you want to watch Avery-like entertainment.

Last edited by johnnyshaka : 12-03-2008 at 05:28 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:31 PM   #686
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
playing for the Wolfpack?

The Jets fans here can relate.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:38 PM   #687
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Precisely why he has to go...antics like his take away from the true ten most entertaining things about the NHL.

Riiiiight.

I'm not sure at this point there are even ten entertaining things left in the league ... and that's coming from a guy who is even willing to follow minor league hockey a good bit closer than the average consumer (i.e. it's not as though I don't have some degree of interest otherwise).

Teams are largely generic, ditto the players, at least Avery has some personality to make him compelling. Even the most skilled/flashiest players are starting to become fairly interchangeable to me at this point.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:43 PM   #688
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
As entertaining as the game last night might have been if Avery was kept in the line-up (if Phanuef didn't do something it's likely someone on Calgary would have), I am not sure that would have been good for the league. It had the potential to turn into a pretty ugly affair.

oh come on, you think a guy like Bertuzzi would pull some stupid shit?
Old 12-03-2008, 06:04 PM   #689
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Riiiiight.

I'm not sure at this point there are even ten entertaining things left in the league ... and that's coming from a guy who is even willing to follow minor league hockey a good bit closer than the average consumer (i.e. it's not as though I don't have some degree of interest otherwise).

Teams are largely generic, ditto the players, at least Avery has some personality to make him compelling. Even the most skilled/flashiest players are starting to become fairly interchangeable to me at this point.

Stick to wrestling if you want sports entertainment, and leave hockey alone. You don't have to be a douchebag to be a good quote.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:18 PM   #690
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
Stick to wrestling if you want sports entertainment, and leave hockey alone.

Long way between full-time SE and having at least a few interesting personalities in a sport. Avery is one of the precious few of the latter in hockey today, a sport who has enough marketing handicaps without trying to make every player as dull as possible.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:26 PM   #691
chrisj
H.S. Freshman Team

Location: Edmonton, Alberta (but still wishing I was in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada)
Quote:

You're right. I'm sure we can all have more fun on this forum to if we go insulting the significant others of posters on this board too. There isn't a line that can be crossed at all - is there?

Come on - this guy went up to the reporters, asked the camera guy to turn his camera on, and then said this obviously reheased line - that was pathetic. I don't see how anything like that should be encouraged.
chrisj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:27 PM   #692
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Riiiiight.

Hey, I hear ya, the talent is diluted and the league could stand to fold 6 teams but that doesn't change the fact that Avery, and douches like him, are a drain and a black eye on the league.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:34 PM   #693
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Long way between full-time SE and having at least a few interesting personalities in a sport. Avery is one of the precious few of the latter in hockey today, a sport who has enough marketing handicaps without trying to make every player as dull as possible.

Your point would resonate with me more if your wife wasn't such an inbred hick.

Hey check it out guys! I'm cool!
Old 12-03-2008, 07:51 PM   #694
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisj View Post
You're right. I'm sure we can all have more fun on this forum to if we go insulting the significant others of posters on this board too. There isn't a line that can be crossed at all - is there?

Is that significant other your ex?

I'm just not seeing the issue here at all. Jokes about that sort of thing aren't exactly anything new, and definitely nothing new in a jockocracy or even just in a male dominated environment. Not even remotely OOB in my opinion nor in my experience.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:53 PM   #695
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Your point would resonate with me more if your wife wasn't such an inbred hick. Hey check it out guys! I'm cool!

I'll just hang around & wait for someone else to not get what you were shooting for there. Has reasonable unintentional comedy value if the predictable misunderstanding occurs.

Then again, it's almost certainly completely irrelevant to the situation at hand since the odds of you having dated her in the past are relatively slim.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 12-03-2008 at 07:54 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:06 PM   #696
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'll just hang around & wait for someone else to not get what you were shooting for there. Has reasonable unintentional comedy value if the predictable misunderstanding occurs.

Then again, it's almost certainly completely irrelevant to the situation at hand since the odds of you having dated her in the past are relatively slim.

Who said 'past'? I'm dating that ho right now! Uhhhnnn!

Anyways, I'm not surprised that we disagree on this, nor am I surprised that you don't get what I was aiming at.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:09 PM   #697
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Anyways, I'm not surprised that we disagree on this, nor am I surprised that you don't get what I was aiming at.

No, I'm pretty sure I got it, I was referring to the likelihood that someone else wouldn't. But what you seem likely to have been aiming for has nothing whatsoever in common with what Avery did. He has a direct connection to the ex's, whereas your example with me/mine is random.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:20 PM   #698
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I'm just not seeing the issue here at all. Jokes about that sort of thing aren't exactly anything new, and definitely nothing new in a jockocracy or even just in a male dominated environment. Not even remotely OOB in my opinion nor in my experience.

You're right, it's a joke and between guys it wouldn't even garner a second thought but when you make that comment in front a dozen media folk with their recording devices pointing right at you, then you're no longer joking around with your buddies...you are making a statement to who knows how many millions of people...most of whom aren't your buddies.

Next time you're in front of a dozen TV cameras I dare you to call one of your male competitors/co-workers (but that person has to have kids) a mofo. I know if I did that I'd be reprimanded but more likely fired...why should Avery be treated any differently?
Old 12-03-2008, 11:10 PM   #699
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
No, I'm pretty sure I got it, I was referring to the likelihood that someone else wouldn't. But what you seem likely to have been aiming for has nothing whatsoever in common with what Avery did. He has a direct connection to the ex's, whereas your example with me/mine is random.

I don't really care that he has a direct connection or not, the statement as it was delivered (like a little PSA) is retarded and uncalled for either way. My point is that both he and I were acting like douchebags trying to get attention.

And as johnny points out above, if I said anything remotely similar at the speaking engagement I'm doing tomorrow, I'd get canned so fast my head would spin.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:51 PM   #700
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

I have a few comments on all of this, amongst other things.
  1. Avery is a moron, always was and always will be. I also believe that he has mental problems, not just because of this incident but because of other things he has done in the past.
  2. Yet another reason the Red Wings are the best run sports franchise in all of sports (yes, including the Patriots). The Wings drafted and later dumped Avery. Another good move, as all he is bringing to the NHL, the Dallas Stars, and himself is embarrassment.
  3. I noticed in an earlier post discussion of the old NHL. I also miss those days. I remember Davydov and Borsato. What about the great Thomas Steen? He played with a lot of passion in a town that never appreciated him or his team. I have had numerous discussions with my friends about the current state of the NHL. If it was up to me, the NHL would drop around 10-12 teams, put Toronto and Detroit back in the same division, and restore teams like Dallas and Carolina to their former cities. This would help alleviate all of the average players that now play in the NHL, and allow the great players more room to skate and make plays. There are just too many Georges Laraques in the game now, it is ugly some nights.
  4. Gary Bettman is an idiot. He has nearly single-handedly destroyed the NHL with all of his ridiculous expansion nonsense (Florida?)(Columbus?). The NHL needs to fire his dumb ass and hire someone who actually cares about the game.
  5. Despite all of the above problems with the NHL and hockey in general, it is the greatest sport in the world. Long live the NHL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote