Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-09-2017, 09:10 PM   #7251
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Just when you thought the Bray Wyatt character couldn't get any dumber. That duel voice nonsense was an extra level of awful.
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 01:46 AM   #7252
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Kevin Sullivan wants his gimmick back at this point.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:46 AM   #7253
Scarecrow
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie View Post
Just when you thought the Bray Wyatt character couldn't get any dumber. That duel voice nonsense was an extra level of awful.

Just wait until they bring back Paige to play Sister Abigail...
Old 10-10-2017, 08:45 AM   #7254
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
Just wait until they bring back Paige to play Sister Abigail...

All of the rumored names are asinine, but that would be the worst one of the bunch.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:02 AM   #7255
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
All of the rumored names are asinine, but that would be the worst one of the bunch.

It's not Roise Lottalove? I know she was in MYC but not sure if they signed her or not. Heard it was suppose to be her.
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 11:10 AM   #7256
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
It's not Roise Lottalove? I know she was in MYC but not sure if they signed her or not. Heard it was suppose to be her.

That's one of the names as well. Several options have been floated.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:11 AM   #7257
Suicane75
Coordinator

It really should be Bo Dallas in drag.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 11:28 AM   #7258
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Bray and Bo's sister Mika Rotunda actually has worked with WWE in the TV/PPV production side of things. Might as well make her a manager for Bray and build the storyline for Bo joining the group.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:16 PM   #7259
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Bray and Bo's sister Mika Rotunda actually has worked with WWE in the TV/PPV production side of things. Might as well make her a manager for Bray and build the storyline for Bo joining the group.

Logical, so it won't happen.

Ricochet is rumored to be signing with WWE soon supposedly so he would be making debut in January as it's 90 days after LU season 3's final show. (Rumble entrant?)
Old 10-10-2017, 07:08 PM   #7260
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Just watched Kalisto-Enzo match. Hats off to them taking a suplex off the top rope and the Salina Del Sol off the top rope later.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:55 PM   #7261
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Welp, looks like Neville has had it with the WWE and has walked out.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 05:15 PM   #7262
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

WWE denying it, but it doesn't look like he's sticking around.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:18 PM   #7263
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
Welp, looks like Neville has had it with the WWE and has walked out.

That's too bad. Really talented guy. Cruiserweight division was interesting but they kind of ruined it from the get-go.

My guess is he'll do well on the indies.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 05:44 PM   #7264
AlexB
Pro Starter

Watching a Raw repeat, and one of the commentators on Raw just said 'I would rather go dance with Mr Brownstone for the rest of the night than listen to any more of your nonsense, Cole' after a Guns N Roses reference....

Really? I'm guessing the meaning of the song has been lost over time. Not entirely sure advocating heroin fits the WWE family ethos!!!
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:12 PM   #7265
Suicane75
Coordinator

H'es just being the voice of the people. Probably better than saying "I'd rather shoot myself than watch this shit".
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:44 PM   #7266
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
H'es just being the voice of the people. Probably better than saying "I'd rather shoot myself UP than watch this shit".

Fixed that for ya
Old 10-14-2017, 01:06 PM   #7267
Mota
College Benchwarmer

I love the Matt Jackson promo in ROH where he plays up the counter-culture of ROH. He really connected with the crowd with the "us vs. the WWE" angle. I think that it will connect with a lot of disgruntled WWE fans.

I just hope that all the people that complain constantly about the WWE will look around and see all the great wrestling that's out there. I don't think there have ever been as many strong alternatives to watch as there are now.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 08:47 PM   #7268
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Neville walked out. Nia Jax apparently did the same but has been talked into a leave of absence. Rumors persist of quite a few people talking to Cody on a regular basis and wanting out so they can make more money on the indies (he's crushing it supposedly. Top that off with Dallas/Wyatt/Offerman out with viral meningitis and it might be time for Steph/Hunter to make their move and force Vince out.

I'm not a fan of the ROH/NJPW style, but I'm stoked that they and others are doing well enough that people leaving WWE are finding good paying work that they can make a living on.
Old 10-20-2017, 05:47 AM   #7269
Mota
College Benchwarmer

If Nia Jax thinks she can make Cody type money in the indies, she's in for a rude awakening. I would say she's more in that category that can make a quick buck for 3-6 months, and then fades into the background. Her best strength is her size which is an extreme advantage in the WWE, therefore I think her best bet would be to stay in the WWE.

I agree with a lot of these guys though. If you're not 6'5" and 280, you are probably going to be misused in the WWE. There are a few guys who get all the focus (almost all of them big dudes), and then there's dozens of guys (many of which are extremely talented) who are literally just time fillers.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 05:49 AM   #7270
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

I think Nia's best bet is to try and get work in Japan and hopefully build her skills into a Bull Nakano/Awesome Kong type of monster.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:56 AM   #7271
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
If Nia Jax thinks she can make Cody type money in the indies, she's in for a rude awakening.

Pretty much this.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:14 AM   #7272
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

https://www.forbes.com/sites/blakeoe.../#435400375b5f
Old 10-20-2017, 03:18 PM   #7273
molson
General Manager

Kurt Angle replacing Roman Reigns at Sunday's TLC show. It will be Angle/Rollins/Ambrose v. Strowman/Miz/Kane/Sheamus/Cesaro

Also AJ Styles stepping in for Bray Wyatt and will face Finn Balor.

Apparently there's a bad virus going around, possibly meningitis.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 03:23 PM   #7274
General Mike
Pro Starter

Roman Reigns and Bray Wyatt are both off the TLC card for Sunday. Kurt Angle is replacing Roman and AJ Styles is taking Bray's place.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 03:30 PM   #7275
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

It's viral meningitis. Bo Dallas and Bray Wyatt were the first to have it. Then JoJo and then it started spreading like wildfire.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:37 PM   #7276
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Then JoJo and then it started spreading like wildfire.

What are you implying sir.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 04:19 PM   #7277
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post
Roman Reigns and Bray Wyatt are both off the TLC card for Sunday. Kurt Angle is replacing Roman and AJ Styles is taking Bray's place.

Wow. I know they won't cancel the PPV but that's a huge blow. The card was already really weak outside of the Shield reunion and now without it, I don't know why anyone would care.

It also kind of sucks that they have to blow two potential draws on 2 days notice. Balor vs Styles should be a WM type match that is built up for months. I'm sure it'll be fun but the no build aspect hurts. Kurt returning isn't a huge deal but something you'd also probably like to build into a storyline that matters.

Not even blaming WWE for this as it's terrible luck.
Old 10-20-2017, 04:46 PM   #7278
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It's viral meningitis. Bo Dallas and Bray Wyatt were the first to have it. Then JoJo and then it started spreading like wildfire.

Report I read said it’s mumps. If that report is true then this whole thing is rediculous and we should all blame Jenny McCarthy.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 04:51 PM   #7279
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Balor vs Styles should be a WM type match that is built up for months.

The only outcome that works is the Club having to decide between them, correct?
Old 10-20-2017, 05:04 PM   #7280
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Wow. I know they won't cancel the PPV but that's a huge blow. The card was already really weak outside of the Shield reunion and now without it, I don't know why anyone would care.

It also kind of sucks that they have to blow two potential draws on 2 days notice. Balor vs Styles should be a WM type match that is built up for months. I'm sure it'll be fun but the no build aspect hurts. Kurt returning isn't a huge deal but something you'd also probably like to build into a storyline that matters.

Not even blaming WWE for this as it's terrible luck.

To me it makes the show better. I guess giving away Angle's return isn't the best idea, but in the WWE Network era, it probably doesn't mean anything either way. As far as Balor vs Styles, I'm a lot more excited about that then I was about Balor vs Wyatt again. If they give them enough time, it should be really good.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
Old 10-20-2017, 05:14 PM   #7281
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

When it rains ...

Breaking: Kevin Owens Leaves Buenos Aires For Personal Reasons, Will Not Appear On Rest Of WWE Tour
Old 10-20-2017, 05:15 PM   #7282
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The only outcome that works is the Club having to decide between them, correct?

Damn, that would be out of left field & a wasted opportunity to do so abruptly though.

(Unless they've done more with that possibility than I realize)
Old 10-20-2017, 05:22 PM   #7283
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Damn, that would be out of left field & a wasted opportunity to do so abruptly though.

At least start to plant the seed. They don't have to choose but if you want to screw with the Bucks/Bullet Club at least throw it out there like AJ did with Nakamura in some 6 man match before with their stare down.
Old 10-20-2017, 05:35 PM   #7284
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post

My crazy thought on it is that WWE actually did purchase ROH back when it was rumored, or maybe just recently. Cody cutting the promo on Reigns was the start of an angle. Any hints towards the Club on WWE TV have been with this moment in mind and the illness going around pushes things forward a bit. I know it won't happen, but that would wake people up until Vince inevitably ruins another invasion angle.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:07 PM   #7285
RainMaker
General Manager

I know this won't happen but turning Balor heel and having him team with The Club would be interesting. Gives The Shield a legit opponent going forward. Also provides an opponent for New Day at Survivor Series if they want to do the interbrand thing. And maybe if they need something for Brock at the Rumble Balor could play the role.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I think Balor is a boring face.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:08 PM   #7286
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I know this won't happen but turning Balor heel and having him team with The Club would be interesting. Gives The Shield a legit opponent going forward. Also provides an opponent for New Day at Survivor Series if they want to do the interbrand thing. And maybe if they need something for Brock at the Rumble Balor could play the role.

Does the WWE do exciting faces? We are quickly getting to the point of Titus Worldwide and Kalisto being the faces.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:30 PM   #7287
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:

Not saying it's a bad idea, but Gallows and Anderson really need to be heated up quite a bit to be taken serious against the Shield.
Old 10-22-2017, 10:57 AM   #7288
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

My hunch is Angle doesn't make it into the match tonight. He gets laid out backstage, or simply told he can't compete by Steph/Vince, and the replacement is Jordan. Outside shot is this is Joe's return and his replacement of Reigns leads to more of the "real Samoan" tension between the two.

Also still wondering if Owens leaving the Smackdown tour for personal reasons is a smokescreen and he screws AJ to give Balor the win and kick off a feud between those two.
Old 10-22-2017, 11:48 AM   #7289
RainMaker
General Manager

I believe Angle was wrestling indie shows right up till he started in WWE. He should be in shape and able to at least give a few minutes in the match.
Old 10-22-2017, 01:42 PM   #7290
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

I believe all signs point to "shitshow"
Old 10-22-2017, 01:57 PM   #7291
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
I believe Angle was wrestling indie shows right up till he started in WWE. He should be in shape and able to at least give a few minutes in the match.

Pretty sure he failed the WWE physical when they brought him in for the HOF last year or he would have worked a WM match. I can't imagine the known neck issues cleared up enough for them to let him go work a TLC match.
Old 10-22-2017, 07:29 PM   #7292
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
I believe all signs point to "shitshow"

Um, you just missed out on Elias having vegetables thrown at him by Jason Jordan.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:28 PM   #7293
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
Um, you just missed out on Elias having vegetables thrown at him by Jason Jordan.

It happened again. They actually tried to fill time twice with Jason Jordan throwing vegetables.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:42 PM   #7294
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
They actually tried to fill time twice with Jason Jordan throwing vegetables.

Maybe he gets over as the voice of the people
Old 10-22-2017, 09:02 PM   #7295
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

While it didn't save the PPV, Styles-Balor was pretty good. Should have gone longer and got rid of all 3 vegetable segments (yes I'm predicting one more).
Old 10-22-2017, 09:42 PM   #7296
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Only one way to end this. Jason Jordan comes out throwing vegetables to replace Kurt in the match.
Old 10-22-2017, 10:39 PM   #7297
RainMaker
General Manager

Angle wasn't bad.
Old 10-23-2017, 02:55 PM   #7298
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Austin Aries got a kick out of that I'm sure
Old 10-23-2017, 05:37 PM   #7299
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Apparently Jeff Jarrett is in full meltdown mode.

https://prowrestling.net/site/2017/1...vent-saturday/
Old 10-24-2017, 09:16 AM   #7300
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Does the WWE do exciting faces? We are quickly getting to the point of Titus Worldwide and Kalisto being the faces.

And so the first people to get jumped by the Smackdown invasion of RAW is Titus worldwide? Guess they are the only faces on that show now.