Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-08-2009, 12:51 PM   #701
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Who here trusts my gut?

I have a suspicion on a potential wolf, but it's all just a gut call, based on a Day One vote and a manner of posting I recognize as something similar to what I believe I might do as a wolf.

I still have my ability to change the lynch, and I figure to be a goner tonight, so if I would do it, today would be the day.

All that said, I can't really say my gut call is any better than any of the other theories floated today (including my other one, linking Pass to lerriuqs, incidentally I like my gut call more than that).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:56 PM   #702
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Who here trusts my gut?

(including my other one, linking Pass to lerriuqs, incidentally I like my gut call more than that).

I'm with you on this one. My gut tells me there is a link there as well.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:00 PM   #703
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm all for gut calls, that's a lot of how I garner my early suspicions. Are you suggesting you'll change the vote but not pass on your suspicion? I'm not sure it would help us out if you're not fairly certain. It would mean we wouldn't get real feedback on the vote today unless you suspect one of the main contenders.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:02 PM   #704
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Chief, right now you're are only trusted person. Go for it.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:03 PM   #705
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

*our, not are
Old 04-08-2009, 01:15 PM   #706
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I'm all for gut calls, that's a lot of how I garner my early suspicions. Are you suggesting you'll change the vote but not pass on your suspicion? I'm not sure it would help us out if you're not fairly certain. It would mean we wouldn't get real feedback on the vote today unless you suspect one of the main contenders.

I'm saying I could if I decided to, but am very much undecided on that for the very reason you state, it's just a gut call. My thinking is I have one shot and that's it, and I'll probably be a goner tonight anyway. But I'm not sure my gut call is any better of a candidate than the others suggested, which makes me leery to change the vote of a whole thinking village on just my gut call.

It would probably be better to just name the gut call and get feedback, maybe introduce another possibility into the mix. I'm going to think on it while at lunch.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:15 PM   #707
The Jackal
Coordinator

Finally my internet works. Been having troubles this morning. I'm cool with a gut call from CR, there doesn't seem to be substantial evidence against anyone, just some fliers on UTR play and/or other gut feelings.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:18 PM   #708
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

Ditto. It's pretty clear to me now that CR's play was the right one earlier, I just didn't pick up on it at the time.
USFLTecmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:20 PM   #709
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As items appear in the game I will post them in the rules section along with potential uses. Each item also has the option to allow the person in posession of the item to try to be creative and come up with a use but I will let them know if that is acceptable without slanting the game too much or if an alteration may be needed. All items also have potential negative side affects which may or may not be obvious (or mentioned).
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:27 PM   #710
The Jackal
Coordinator

What's the method for getting the items, just say pick up rope or something when you see it?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:34 PM   #711
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am all for hearing who CR suspects, but to me it doesn't elevate that person one way or the other. CR is operating with just as much information as the rest of us.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:53 PM   #712
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I am all for hearing who CR suspects, but to me it doesn't elevate that person one way or the other. CR is operating with just as much information as the rest of us.

Y'know what...a few are throwing accusing fingers at me over Lathum-gate () but no one is questioning the way you and Pass went after each other.

I know I'm innocent and you cast the first vote on me.

I wasn't going to cast a retaliatory vote, but this seems off...somehow.

VOTE LATHUM
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:54 PM   #713
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Oh and should we call it Lathum-gate or Bully-gate?
Old 04-08-2009, 01:56 PM   #714
Autumn
Head Coach

If we can't get consensus on a target, we may need your help Chief. So far, no one has convinced me of another target, so I'd like to focus on Cartman. But obviously everybody has their pet suspect.

Is it pretty much assumed in standard Werewolf that the bodyguard can't protect the same person twice in a row? I haven't been in enough games to be sure of that.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:56 PM   #715
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Question for Barkeep and USFLTechmo, Why did you guys leave your votes on Abe day 1 when Clap revealed and it was obvious there was going to be an Abe-Hoops run off?
Old 04-08-2009, 01:58 PM   #716
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerriuqs View Post
Y'know what...a few are throwing accusing fingers at me over Lathum-gate () but no one is questioning the way you and Pass went after each other.

Well I would imagine that's because Pass wasn't defending me.

Question for you, if I am a wolf what incentive do I have to break the day 1 tie?
Old 04-08-2009, 02:07 PM   #717
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Question for Barkeep and USFLTechmo, Why did you guys leave your votes on Abe day 1 when Clap revealed and it was obvious there was going to be an Abe-Hoops run off?

You mean a Clap-hoops runoff at the end? If that's what you mean, then I thought CR was going to use his duke powers (and I'm assuming at this point that he has them), so clap was safe. Hoops I didn't have any sort of read on, and no one else gave me enough of a read to move. Point being, it didn't seem like a wise move to change at all when I didn't have a reason to, especially considering I was quietly told that casting a 2nd vote on someone without a reason wasn't generally a good move by CR early on.
USFLTecmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:07 PM   #718
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
What's the method for getting the items, just say pick up rope or something when you see it?

Look for clues. There was a clue which someone picked up on and searched. That gave another clue to a location to search and the search revealed the rope.

Also for the record for anyone finding things. The create a use cannot extend to a learn the identity feature. You can prevent, defend, "hide", silence and some other things with some of the items but no learn the identity options as that may have too large of an affect on the game.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:07 PM   #719
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Well I would imagine that's because Pass wasn't defending me.

Question for you, if I am a wolf what incentive do I have to break the day 1 tie?

That's a good question. Perhaps because you expected someone else to do it and so did it first to look good?
Old 04-08-2009, 02:17 PM   #720
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
That's a good question. Perhaps because you expected someone else to do it and so did it first to look good?

How does changing my vote and lynching someone who is one of the best villagers in the game going to make myself look good?

As a wolf IMO I wouldn't care who got lynched, and would have actualy prefered a tie in that spot so the villagers have to do day 1 all over again.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:18 PM   #721
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by USFLTecmo View Post
You mean a Clap-hoops runoff at the end? If that's what you mean, then I thought CR was going to use his duke powers (and I'm assuming at this point that he has them), so clap was safe. Hoops I didn't have any sort of read on, and no one else gave me enough of a read to move. Point being, it didn't seem like a wise move to change at all when I didn't have a reason to, especially considering I was quietly told that casting a 2nd vote on someone without a reason wasn't generally a good move by CR early on.

yes. Sorry, Clap-Hoops.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:28 PM   #722
Danny
Head Coach

I got caught up. Not sure where I'm going with my vote yet although depending on what CR does it may not matter.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:29 PM   #723
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

CR, one recommendation I have is not announcing your move in advance (unless you think discussion is needed) so that we can see how the votes shake out. That is your call though.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:29 PM   #724
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
How does changing my vote and lynching someone who is one of the best villagers in the game going to make myself look good?

As a wolf IMO I wouldn't care who got lynched, and would have actualy prefered a tie in that spot so the villagers have to do day 1 all over again.

1. You save the seer. So double bonus, you got rid of one of the best villagers in the game and you look good as you saved the seer.

2. Yeah, that wouldn't look bad, but the optics of saving the seer - who then got a wolf look good. And you got a number of complements on the move.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:30 PM   #725
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
CR, one recommendation I have is not announcing your move in advance (unless you think discussion is needed) so that we can see how the votes shake out. That is your call though.

I see both sides here. The element of surprise works, but at the same time, the BG is still out there.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:31 PM   #726
Danny
Head Coach

I'm normally on for deadline, but today need to take my mom for a doctor's appointment so will be out about 6 eastern and won't return until after deadline.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:31 PM   #727
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
1. You save the seer. So double bonus, you got rid of one of the best villagers in the game and you look good as you saved the seer.

2. Yeah, that wouldn't look bad, but the optics of saving the seer - who then got a wolf look good. And you got a number of complements on the move.

how did I save the seer?

Tie= no lynch
Old 04-08-2009, 02:32 PM   #728
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Danny, I was thinking about that but we have 14 living players, take out CR, meaning he has a 1/13 chance in hitting the BG. It's a tough call to make, you're right.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:33 PM   #729
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I think something is up in the voting between you, Lathum, and lerruiqs. Not sure what yet, but I want to see what if anything happens there.

Looking back through Pass's comments, I think it's worth noting who he was plugging as suspects. Here he was pushing Clap, Lathum and Lerriuqs. Further on he piled on to those pushing Schmidty and Poli as suspect for voting each other. Once outed he did his best to paint Lathum as a target.

Clearly, INsiders are devious folks so we have to take this all with a grain of salt. Still, he seemed content to direct votes at Clap, Lathum, Lerriuqs, Schmidty or Poli, two of which we know to have been good. I tend to think that further exploration of the Lathum/Lerriuqs grudge match is not likely to be fruitful.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:34 PM   #730
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I see both sides here. The element of surprise works, but at the same time, the BG is still out there.

In a 24 hour deadline I like it being a surprise because it keeps the wolves guessing with their night kill.

With there being time between deadlines I think I actualy prefer some discussion about it.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:36 PM   #731
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm going to go completely with my gut and stay on a veteran for now, although I would assume (but we know what happens when you assume) that there is a wolf in the grouping of: Martin D, USFLTecmo, Cartman, and Lerriuqs. Despite the fact that they are UTR and that in itself is dangerous, I look at it (like the nerd I am) in terms of apprentice-Sith Lord. The more dangerous of the two is the master, which is why I'll go with a veteran.

I'm going to vote Abe for a couple of reasons. His vote also didn't move off of claph (which he may not have been around), he has actually been fairly quiet compared to how he normally plays, and I do think we get some info from his lynch based on voters that were on him day one. Yeah, I'm putting myself out there some but I'll take that chance.

Vote Abe

Actually, I'm usually quieter than some think, unless forced to the spotlight by many votes.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:38 PM   #732
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Who here trusts my gut?

I have a suspicion on a potential wolf, but it's all just a gut call, based on a Day One vote and a manner of posting I recognize as something similar to what I believe I might do as a wolf.

I still have my ability to change the lynch, and I figure to be a goner tonight, so if I would do it, today would be the day.

All that said, I can't really say my gut call is any better than any of the other theories floated today (including my other one, linking Pass to lerriuqs, incidentally I like my gut call more than that).

Do it. Be a Lathum!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:38 PM   #733
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
how did I save the seer?

Tie= no lynch

Yeah, there is that, but a no lynch is what the wolves want. Which is why you look good by breaking the tie and not killing the seer.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:39 PM   #734
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

In fact, here is what I'm looking at with CR's gut call:

14 living players, remove CR

13 players, likely 3 wolves left and Drew

4/13 chance he hits someone that is bad or potentially bad
8/13 chance he hits a random good guy
1/13 chance he hits the body guard

Plus, the chances are that we're going to lose CR and his ability sooner rather than later. His biggest value isn't his lynch-changing ability but the fact that he's our only trusted villager. I'm for him going for it and I *think* I'm fine with him acting blindly but I guess there may not be any value in the element of surprise.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:40 PM   #735
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Yeah, there is that, but a no lynch is what the wolves want. Which is why you look good by breaking the tie and not killing the seer.

Considering the top two voters were both villagers, I doubt the wolves wanted a no lynch.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:42 PM   #736
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I still like the idea of gathering voting data and then, depending on the vote leader, maybe CR doesn't act. BUT if he does, and it stays quiet until then, we still have decent data to go off of later despite no lynch from the vote. I just don't want to see a bunch of people vote CR so that he has to act and we get no data. I say work under the assumption that he's not acting and then he can make the call.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:43 PM   #737
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

Plus, the chances are that we're going to lose CR and his ability sooner rather than later. His biggest value isn't his lynch-changing ability but the fact that he's our only trusted villager. I'm for him going for it and I *think* I'm fine with him acting blindly but I guess there may not be any value in the element of surprise.

I wouldn't mind hearing his analysis as my vote is certainly open right now and we may want to lynch that person anyway. Plus if we lynch them the old fashioned way we have the vote analysis to learn from. In the end CR could always end up using it if the voting doesn't turn out the way he wants, but we don't learn much of anything from the voting if it's just a big surprise.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:43 PM   #738
Autumn
Head Coach

Despite what I just posted, Lerriuqs is raising red flags for me here. He seems determined to paint Lathum as suspicious, damn any logic. He may just be a passionate villager, I suspect, but I'm not sure.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:43 PM   #739
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
I still like the idea of gathering voting data and then, depending on the vote leader, maybe CR doesn't act. BUT if he does, and it stays quiet until then, we still have decent data to go off of later despite no lynch from the vote. I just don't want to see a bunch of people vote CR so that he has to act and we get no data. I say work under the assumption that he's not acting and then he can make the call.

We don't have to vote CR, he can duke anything he wants regardless of where the votes fall.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:44 PM   #740
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Considering the top two voters were both villagers, I doubt the wolves wanted a no lynch.

then they are crazy.

A no lynch is a huge win for Wolves. It basicly forces everyone to start day 1 over again, but the wolves have the added benefit of a night kill.

Thats why I cast the late vote for Hoops, it didn't look like anyone else would switch and Clap wasn't an option, only leaving Hoops or a tie as our only option unless CR used his ability, something I would have no idea if he would or wouldn't do.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:46 PM   #741
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
then they are crazy.

A no lynch is a huge win for Wolves. It basicly forces everyone to start day 1 over again, but the wolves have the added benefit of a night kill.

Thats why I cast the late vote for Hoops, it didn't look like anyone else would switch and Clap wasn't an option, only leaving Hoops or a tie as our only option unless CR used his ability, something I would have no idea if he would or wouldn't do.

Oh I agree with your action. I was online and as much as I didn't want to lynch hoops I would have switched to avoid the tie as well if you or no one else had.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:52 PM   #742
Autumn
Head Coach

I don't see any reason to target you for your Day 1 action, Lathum, but it seems to me that since the major vote getters were villagers, it would have been just as good for the wolves to break the tie and knock off two villagers in a day.

I think we're chasing up the wrong tree with this discussion though, which is what makes me wary of Lerriuqs harping on it.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:01 PM   #743
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I don't see any reason to target you for your Day 1 action, Lathum, but it seems to me that since the major vote getters were villagers, it would have been just as good for the wolves to break the tie and knock off two villagers in a day.

I think we're chasing up the wrong tree with this discussion though, which is what makes me wary of Lerriuqs harping on it.

Meh I'm simply responding the Lathum's questions. I actually thought you might be on the right track with your post of who Pass was after and who's already dead...
Old 04-08-2009, 03:01 PM   #744
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Only new circumstances cause me to change my D1 vote. One bit of randomness tends to be as good as another. As Abe was not any revealed role, I was happy keeping my vote on him.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:04 PM   #745
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:

I take this exact same analysis and come to the conclusion that CR shouldn't use his duking. Just because the power might potentially go unused, doesn't mean that the duke should play the hero. According to your chart there are overwhelming odds that something bad would happen and there is the potential for catastrophe (duking the BG).
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:09 PM   #746
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
then they are crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
As of 698:

MartinD 1 - Barkeep49 (660)
lerriuqs 2 - Lathum (677), cartman (686)
Abe Sargent 1 - PurdueBrad (681)
cartman 1 - Autumn (692)

yet to vote: Abe Sargent, USFLTecmo, The Jackal, lerriuqs, Chief Rum, Poli, Danny, MartinD, dubb93

Looks like this is still current.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:10 PM   #747
Danny
Head Coach

How the heck did I just quote two separate posts?
Old 04-08-2009, 03:12 PM   #748
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of 747:

MartinD 1 - Barkeep49 (660)
lerriuqs 2 - Lathum (677), cartman (686)
Abe Sargent 1 - PurdueBrad (681)
cartman 1 - Autumn (692)
Lathum 1 - lerriuqs (712)

yet to vote: Abe Sargent, USFLTecmo, The Jackal, Chief Rum, Poli, Danny, MartinD, dubb93
Old 04-08-2009, 03:13 PM   #749
Autumn
Head Coach

You have reached the Office Drone Zone, obviously your productivity will protect you.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:13 PM   #750
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
We don't have to vote CR, he can duke anything he wants regardless of where the votes fall.

I know, but I've played in a couple games here where that is what people have done, which is a cop out to an actual vote. Although maybe you and BK are right, do it publicly and then we can vote that person if we want to save his power.