Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-25-2009, 10:58 AM   #701
The Jackal
Coordinator

Can you feel it now? Never go into battle with a wolf (or sicilian) when DEATH is on the line! Muahaha!
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:59 AM   #702
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I look at it this way - if Loki chose evil then presumably he'd be given PM rights with the wolves right? in that case why would they fake-reveal as him and thus lead to two of their own getting offed? would make more sense to fake reveal as a telepath or some other role.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:59 AM   #703
Thomkal
Head Coach

well in case I'm dead here in a couple minutes, here's some final thoughts:

I scanned Chief Rum. I think its going to come back good and if so I think I know his role, but better to know for sure about him then go with a hunch I have about him. Look to his vote yesterday if I'm night-killed before I can reveal my view.

Martin's scan of nfg should give us a second wolf one way or another, and that should be the wolf we go for first. The third wolf should come down to Abe or Render-I'm leaning towards Abe right now, but wouldn't be surprised if its Render.

If we are somehow being fooled-I would look towards someone like ntn, barkeep, and pass who made a claim that haven't been verified. But with all the roles out there pretty much, I don't see how any of them could be doing a fake reveal at this point.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:00 AM   #704
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

well if those votes are valid

VOTE JAG
Old 06-25-2009, 11:01 AM   #705
The Jackal
Coordinator

The Jester appears in front of you, sitting behind a desk, apparently immersed in some light reading.

Suddenly a horn begins sounding behind him - "We have a winner, we have a winner!"

The Jester looks up and yells, "What's his prize?!"

"Oh, right, I know!"

The Jester pops in front of MartinD and quickly snaps his neck.

"Predict that."

The Jester cackles madly and disappears.

MartinD was Nostradamus!
Old 06-25-2009, 11:01 AM   #706
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
well in case I'm dead here in a couple minutes, here's some final thoughts:

I scanned Chief Rum. I think its going to come back good and if so I think I know his role, but better to know for sure about him then go with a hunch I have about him. Look to his vote yesterday if I'm night-killed before I can reveal my view.

Martin's scan of nfg should give us a second wolf one way or another, and that should be the wolf we go for first. The third wolf should come down to Abe or Render-I'm leaning towards Abe right now, but wouldn't be surprised if its Render.

If we are somehow being fooled-I would look towards someone like ntn, barkeep, and pass who made a claim that haven't been verified. But with all the roles out there pretty much, I don't see how any of them could be doing a fake reveal at this point.

are you advocating going after nfg/tyrith ahead of jag then? or are you saying all this is after jag?
Old 06-25-2009, 11:02 AM   #707
The Jackal
Coordinator

(to be clear, that was a NK)
Old 06-25-2009, 11:03 AM   #708
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

thanks Martin for all your help in this one!
Old 06-25-2009, 11:04 AM   #709
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I thought I saw you in the thread Tyrith, so I'll ask now: when do you get to make that choice?

Whenever I run into someone in the maze, it'll be up to me as to what I do for them, or to them. It'd really be quite clever in a game where one side isn't so clearly pinned. Sadness.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:04 AM   #710
The Jackal
Coordinator

Movements will begin to trickle out now.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:04 AM   #711
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
are you advocating going after nfg/tyrith ahead of jag then? or are you saying all this is after jag?

well before the night results that's what I was thinking, cause I'm sure JAG is the brutal wolf and would likely take me with him. I thought we would know which of nfg/tyrith would be a wolf, but I still think we should go for one of them since Loki is of dubious alignment and could swing either way.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:05 AM   #712
Thomkal
Head Coach

Predict that, heh Jsster that was pretty funny. Sorry to see you go Martin-good job!
Old 06-25-2009, 11:06 AM   #713
Tyrith
College Starter

Putting my money where my mouth is.

VOTE NFG
Old 06-25-2009, 11:06 AM   #714
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Whenever I run into someone in the maze, it'll be up to me as to what I do for them, or to them. It'd really be quite clever in a game where one side isn't so clearly pinned. Sadness.

That's interesting. So have you run into anyone yet? And once you do, does your first action toward them determine your side?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:06 AM   #715
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Putting my money where my mouth is.

VOTE NFG

Uh, you're not interested in voting JAG?
Old 06-25-2009, 11:07 AM   #716
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Uh, you're not interested in voting JAG?

And pile in on what is sure to be an overwhelming massacre? You saw what that did in the last game - we might as well at least have the discussion as to where we go today, although ultimately we will wind up killing JAG.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:09 AM   #717
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
And pile in on what is sure to be an overwhelming massacre? You saw what that did in the last game - we might as well at least have the discussion as to where we go today, although ultimately we will wind up killing JAG.

I guess that's valid. And thinking about it more, if we're onto JAG as the brutal, maybe we should look at the two of you.

VOTE TYRITH

Not set in stone -- I'm still trying to figure out who I believe in this scenario, but I want to get you in there as a valid option.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:11 AM   #718
Thomkal
Head Coach

so did you step into the pillar Pass?
Old 06-25-2009, 11:15 AM   #719
Danny
Head Coach

Thomkal, what was the result of your scan?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:19 AM   #720
Thomkal
Head Coach

I'm still awaiting the results of it.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:19 AM   #721
Danny
Head Coach

Who did you scan?
Old 06-25-2009, 11:19 AM   #722
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Oka, I'n ot going to be around much today and tomorrow.

Vote JAG

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:25 AM   #723
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
so did you step into the pillar Pass?

I decided not to. I need to guard the center, so I didn't want to do anything that might take me too far away from it.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:26 AM   #724
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
I guess that's valid. And thinking about it more, if we're onto JAG as the brutal, maybe we should look at the two of you.

VOTE TYRITH

Not set in stone -- I'm still trying to figure out who I believe in this scenario, but I want to get you in there as a valid option.

That's fair.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:27 AM   #725
Tyrith
College Starter

BTW, we do still need to keep in mind that Pass's ultimate goal is to kill all of us - it's in his best interests to prolong the wolf/villager conflict as long as possible, within reason. Not saying he's actively doing anything against us right now, but we do need to keep in mind that he's not fully on our side. That said, I understand and have no problem with his vote.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:28 AM   #726
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Who did you scan?

look up, I already told ya. Chief Rum
Old 06-25-2009, 11:29 AM   #727
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

we do this every other damn game it seems, and it bites us in the ass somehow.

if we're 100% that JAG is a wolf we need to lynch his ass now. no "oh we'll save him for later" or any of that stuff.

when you find a wolf, you lynch the wolf. unless you're potentially at endgame and lynching the brutal first will lose you the game.

LYNCH THE WOLF
Old 06-25-2009, 11:30 AM   #728
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
BTW, we do still need to keep in mind that Pass's ultimate goal is to kill all of us - it's in his best interests to prolong the wolf/villager conflict as long as possible, within reason. Not saying he's actively doing anything against us right now, but we do need to keep in mind that he's not fully on our side. That said, I understand and have no problem with his vote.

I think you're forgetting, though, that I need the wolves to lose in order to win. In order to kill everyone, I can't let the wolves get a 1:1 ratio, since that would mean they would win before I could. What I need to do is for all the wolves to die, then hope I can find all the villagers before they reach the center.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:30 AM   #729
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i'm sick of us trying to be too "cute" as villagers and outthink the wolves. we found one...we lynch one. that's it. not "oh we'll save him for later walled up in a little pen."

LYNCH HIM
Old 06-25-2009, 11:32 AM   #730
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
I think you're forgetting, though, that I need the wolves to lose in order to win. In order to kill everyone, I can't let the wolves get a 1:1 ratio, since that would mean they would win before I could. What I need to do is for all the wolves to die, then hope I can find all the villagers before they reach the center.

Do you really think the wolves winning this game is incredibly likely when there are 3 left in a group of something like 5 or 6 people (including myself)?
Old 06-25-2009, 11:33 AM   #731
Tyrith
College Starter

DT, I don't think you really have to worry about that - this seems like it's giong to be another runaway. Runaways without discussion, though, have been a recent downfall, so we might as well keep our options open if it stimulates discussion.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:35 AM   #732
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

you're prolly right tyrith
Old 06-25-2009, 11:35 AM   #733
hoopsguy
General Manager

DT, I'm with you unless we are choosing between two wolves. So I'll hold off on voting until learning about Thomkal's scan.

By the way, I was not able to talk last night on account of injuring myself avoiding the fire pillar in my room. I'm still very much alive and ready to jump back into the discussion. I just don't know how much there is to say today unless Chief Rum is viewed as a wolf.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:36 AM   #734
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
we do this every other damn game it seems, and it bites us in the ass somehow.

if we're 100% that JAG is a wolf we need to lynch his ass now. no "oh we'll save him for later" or any of that stuff.

when you find a wolf, you lynch the wolf. unless you're potentially at endgame and lynching the brutal first will lose you the game.

LYNCH THE WOLF

I don't think we can be too careful. While it may seem like we have this game in hand, we also have a 50/50 shot of getting a wolf or at least someone neutral who still might be evil. And who knows what the brutal can do? I'm not afraid for myself, since I'd imagine that the wolves want to kill villagers rather than me. I mean, what if something screwy happens, like killing one telepath kills the rest (or if that can happen only as a result of the brutal)?

Also, I've got a lot of time on my hands while queries are running, so I need something to talk about!
Old 06-25-2009, 11:37 AM   #735
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Do you really think the wolves winning this game is incredibly likely when there are 3 left in a group of something like 5 or 6 people (including myself)?

Well like I said to DT, you can't be too careful. I need to get rid of the wolves, so that's what I'm going to do.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:40 AM   #736
Thomkal
Head Coach

Okay I have the scan results:

Chief Rum is GOOD!
Old 06-25-2009, 11:44 AM   #737
Thomkal
Head Coach

depending on anything Chief Rum wants to tells us, I guess we do need to go after JAG. I keep forgetting that the wolves can win by getting to the center too, so best eliminate one of them even if it means he's the brutal.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:44 AM   #738
The Jackal
Coordinator

All moves should be out.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:44 AM   #739
Thomkal
Head Coach

and with that, I'm off to lunch
Old 06-25-2009, 11:44 AM   #740
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Okay I have the scan results:

Chief Rum is GOOD!

Woohoo! I was really worried.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:46 AM   #741
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Well....sad to see martin go. Im sticking with my JAG vote. Im with DT. Lynch a wolf if you have a wolf. We can always lynch either me or Tyrinth later...
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:52 AM   #742
Danny
Head Coach

Vote JAG

With Chief Rum cleared, this means the final wolves are one of NTN/Tyrith and one of Render/Abe. Chief Rum if you are the bodyguard and know Render was lying yesterday it might not be a bad idea to reveal that. If the BG doesn't come out we have to assume Abe is the final wolf.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:53 AM   #743
Danny
Head Coach

BTW, based on how I see this, I would probably vote for nfg over Tyrith if I had to choose one
Old 06-25-2009, 11:53 AM   #744
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Its NFG. Not NTN...just want to clear the deacon
Old 06-25-2009, 11:57 AM   #745
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Vote JAG

With Chief Rum cleared, this means the final wolves are one of NTN/Tyrith and one of Render/Abe. Chief Rum if you are the bodyguard and know Render was lying yesterday it might not be a bad idea to reveal that. If the BG doesn't come out we have to assume Abe is the final wolf.

I am not prepared to reveal at this time.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:06 PM   #746
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
BTW, based on how I see this, I would probably vote for nfg over Tyrith if I had to choose one

Why me?
Old 06-25-2009, 12:08 PM   #747
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Vote JAG

are we sure that that's an and? i mean are we sure that JAG+(nfg/tyrith) aren't the last 2 wolves? we didn't get conflicting reveals from abe/chief
Old 06-25-2009, 12:22 PM   #748
Danny
Head Coach

I fully believe all roles listed on page one are present in the game.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:22 PM   #749
Danny
Head Coach

which means four wolves.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:23 PM   #750
hoopsguy
General Manager

On account of the fact that he is a wolf (for those who want to track vote posts/reasons):

VOTE JAG
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote