Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-16-2007, 11:41 AM   #701
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Obviously, there are when I'm a wolf. I play to win, and I'll eliminate every active player I can until I do. Anyone that's played with me as a wolf will know that.

Why am I reacting? I don't care a bit about cronin's vote on me. What I don't like is that I've been honest about everything and yet, "oh ardent, yeah he could be bad, I don't trust him, yadayada."

Eh, whatever. I'm going to be late.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:42 AM   #702
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I think it's obvious, but you're the one trying to tell us it proves your innosence somehow.
Obviously.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:42 AM   #703
molson
General Manager

Worst spelling of innocence ever
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:43 AM   #704
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

Quote:
Worst spelling of innocence ever

Obviously.

[email protected]
TCY Golden Scribe Winner - Bear Goes Home

"The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out."
--Thomas B. Macaulay
beargrowlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:47 AM   #705
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
Obviously, there are when I'm a wolf. I play to win, and I'll eliminate every active player I can until I do. Anyone that's played with me as a wolf will know that.

Why am I reacting? I don't care a bit about cronin's vote on me. What I don't like is that I've been honest about everything and yet, "oh ardent, yeah he could be bad, I don't trust him, yadayada."

Eh, whatever. I'm going to be late.

Thats the great thing about werewolf I don't know if there is anything I think you did lie about.. and I know when I am a wolf, I rarely lie either. Its easy to get caught in a lie.

I'm pretty sure I believe that Cronin didn't send in a night PM on night 1. I am pretty sure you sent me body armor the other day. I am pretty sure Saldana visited you and I am pretty sure you told the truth about what you talked about.

None of those prove innocence or guilt though.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:51 AM   #706
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

FWIW, I'm going to go with one of the UTR folks. Barkeep or Molly. Molly has been more active lately, Barkeep is very, very quiet. Close call but I'll vote Barkeep for now - just barely.

Vote Barkeep

[email protected]

"The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out."
--Thomas B. Macaulay
Old 03-16-2007, 11:53 AM   #707
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post

I'm not sure if Saldana kept the armor I sent him or passed it on to someone else.. but I don't think I want to know. Best to keep that quiet probably anyways.

So you're 100% sure Saldana isn't an "evil" negotiator?
Old 03-16-2007, 11:53 AM   #708
saldana
Pro Starter

ardent, i said i put you at less than 100 percent because of the fact that my room was broken into the very next night, and i thougt it could have been a hit....since molson has claimed responsibility for that, you would move back up to the 100% category

vote barkeep
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:03 PM   #709
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So you're 100% sure Saldana isn't an "evil" negotiator?

His actions appear to be independant of what the bad guys were doing so far this game. At worst I would have put him neutral.. but now based on what he has said I believe he is good. If not then I screwed up.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:39 PM   #710
saldana
Pro Starter

ok, you guys all suck...this is the first day all freaking week i have been able to play all day, and no one except a dead guy is around :angry:
Old 03-16-2007, 01:40 PM   #711
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
ok, you guys all suck...this is the first day all freaking week i have been able to play all day, and no one except a dead guy is around :angry:

LOL

[email protected]

--Thomas B. Macaulay
Old 03-16-2007, 01:44 PM   #712
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I've been here! I felt I have been talking too much, and was looking for other people's opinions on things. Its been farely dead today.

I notice most people going after Barkeep, and while i don't have a problem with that I personally want to start figuring out whats going on with Ardent and Cronin.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:46 PM   #713
saldana
Pro Starter

alan, i am pretty sure ardent is ok...if he were a wolf, i would be dead..there is no way he wouldnt have come after me the night i talked to you, and since molson has admitted he broke into my room, i cant see any scenario where ardent lets me survive knowing what i was doing.

cronin on the other hand, i have been wondering about the whole game, as evidenced by the fact that i tried to check him out the first night
Old 03-16-2007, 01:49 PM   #714
saldana
Pro Starter

what i dont understand is why barkeep is hardly saying a word all day. i was really busy with work all week, but that did help my plan to try and stay alive long enough to find the merc...i have never seen BK play such a quiet game
Old 03-16-2007, 01:52 PM   #715
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
alan, i am pretty sure ardent is ok...if he were a wolf, i would be dead..there is no way he wouldnt have come after me the night i talked to you, and since molson has admitted he broke into my room, i cant see any scenario where ardent lets me survive knowing what i was doing.

cronin on the other hand, i have been wondering about the whole game, as evidenced by the fact that i tried to check him out the first night

Well I thought about that some.. but two things make me cautious going down that line of thinking. The night you visited me (the night after Ardent knew about you), there was no night kill. No one was attacked as far as we know, the bodyguard was dead. The next night when there was a night kill is when ITC died and the mercenary was dead, thus your role became with less point.

Now there still would have been a reason for them to go after you last night as you have some level of trust, which is more than I can say for ITC at the time.. however two things I feel stopped them:

1) They were afraid that you had the body armor as I hinted to it in the thread that I might that day.

2) You are helping to vouch for someone that shouldn't be vouched for and thus no reason to kill you off. Just like in the tombstone game when ntndeacon was the priest and he vouched for Lathum early on.

Take that into consideration along with how Cronin and Ardent have played with and against each other plus how Cronin dodged everything to do with Path until I had the proof on Path, he quickly hopped on the boat... My gut tells me that one or possibly both of them (with Ardent having been converted night 3) are bad.

Maybe Barkeep is too, he's been acting fishy, but right now his guilt or innocence tells me less I guess.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:53 PM   #716
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
what i dont understand is why barkeep is hardly saying a word all day. i was really busy with work all week, but that did help my plan to try and stay alive long enough to find the merc...i have never seen BK play such a quiet game

I agree with this and find it puzzling too... I also have concerns about Molly.. thats why I said I wasn't against people voting for Barkeep.. but his death just tells me less.. or helps me connect less dots i should say.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:00 PM   #717
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well I thought about that some.. but two things make me cautious going down that line of thinking. The night you visited me (the night after Ardent knew about you), there was no night kill. No one was attacked as far as we know, the bodyguard was dead. The next night when there was a night kill is when ITC died and the mercenary was dead, thus your role became with less point.

Now there still would have been a reason for them to go after you last night as you have some level of trust, which is more than I can say for ITC at the time.. however two things I feel stopped them:

1) They were afraid that you had the body armor as I hinted to it in the thread that I might that day.

2) You are helping to vouch for someone that shouldn't be vouched for and thus no reason to kill you off. Just like in the tombstone game when ntndeacon was the priest and he vouched for Lathum early on.

Take that into consideration along with how Cronin and Ardent have played with and against each other plus how Cronin dodged everything to do with Path until I had the proof on Path, he quickly hopped on the boat... My gut tells me that one or possibly both of them (with Ardent having been converted night 3) are bad.

Maybe Barkeep is too, he's been acting fishy, but right now his guilt or innocence tells me less I guess.

if the night i visited you they did come for me, then why would molson admit to the break in...for both to be true, two different entities would have had to both choose me on the same night, independant of one another...although i guess that isnt too hard to believe since bullet and i both targeted cronin on night one.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:03 PM   #718
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
if the night i visited you they did come for me, then why would molson admit to the break in...for both to be true, two different entities would have had to both choose me on the same night, independant of one another...although i guess that isnt too hard to believe since bullet and i both targeted cronin on night one.

I didn't mean it in that sense.. I meant it more along the lines, they didnt kill you because A) they were afraid you might have the vest and B) they were converting someone and C) the Mercenary was dead, thus your role was not as powerful and D) you were helping vouch for someone that was a wolf.

I don't think they did target you that night.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:28 PM   #719
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I agree with this and find it puzzling too... I also have concerns about Molly.. thats why I said I wasn't against people voting for Barkeep.. but his death just tells me less.. or helps me connect less dots i should say.
And my death will tell you that I am a loyal American. I've given reasons for what I think and contributed the limited information I have. Beyond that is just superfluous meanderings of the mind.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:39 PM   #720
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
And my death will tell you that I am a loyal American. I've given reasons for what I think and contributed the limited information I have. Beyond that is just superfluous meanderings of the mind.

Barkeep, have you found any items, or had any actions or encounters with anyone or anything this game? You have been very difficult to read as you have been very withdrawn and even when commenting, your comments have been reserved.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:42 PM   #721
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Barkeep, have you found any items, or had any actions or encounters with anyone or anything this game? You have been very difficult to read as you have been very withdrawn and even when commenting, your comments have been reserved.
It's hard for me to know if I've found the item I have or if DC originally had it but I do have an item. Otherwise I've had no experiences that would lend insight one way or another. And let's not forget that loose lips sink ships. I don't intend to make myself an unwitting collaborator for the KGB.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:44 PM   #722
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's hard for me to know if I've found the item I have or if DC originally had it but I do have an item. Otherwise I've had no experiences that would lend insight one way or another. And let's not forget that loose lips sink ships. I don't intend to make myself an unwitting collaborator for the KGB.

In most open role games, aren't you usually in favor of more information being helpful to the village? Right now if I remember right, you are in the lead for votes and as far as I can tell aren't doing alot to persuade others to reconsider.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:57 PM   #723
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
In most open role games, aren't you usually in favor of more information being helpful to the village? Right now if I remember right, you are in the lead for votes and as far as I can tell aren't doing alot to persuade others to reconsider.
What am I going to say? I'm a villager. There's not a whole lot I can do to convince people not to vote for me since there's little reason for having voted for me. If I die, I die. I've attempted to serve my country and that is all that could be asked of me in this life.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:01 PM   #724
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What am I going to say? I'm a villager. There's not a whole lot I can do to convince people not to vote for me since there's little reason for having voted for me. If I die, I die. I've attempted to serve my country and that is all that could be asked of me in this life.

I started as a cia agent, no special role, no special items, no nothing just me. So I guess while arguably it could be said that I would have ended up with three different items at different points this game plus 1 night action, while you haven't had anything to show for the game.. but this game seems a bit more wide open than that. It feels like there is more going on behind the scenes than just sitting in your room waiting for the inevitable.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:59 PM   #725
molson
General Manager

Did barkeep even explain why he didn't even vote yesterday?

I mean, that just seems TOO off for a wolf. Even after he's challenged, he's not saying anything. I think something else, maybe real-life, explains the silence. A spy trying to blend in doesn't go off in a corner by himself.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:10 PM   #726
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Did barkeep even explain why he didn't even vote yesterday?

I mean, that just seems TOO off for a wolf. Even after he's challenged, he's not saying anything. I think something else, maybe real-life, explains the silence. A spy trying to blend in doesn't go off in a corner by himself.

I honestly don't know whats up with Barkeep. At some point if someone isn't willing to defend themselves then you end up in a situation like Bulletsponge where it seems like the obvious solution is to lynch them however it usually ends up being the wrong solution. I have seen wolves use this approach before however, so its definitly not a hard fast rule.. Barkeep just isn't leaving us much to work with in regards to him however.

Currently the vote count:

(3) Barkeep - Ardent (671), Beargrowlz (706), Saldana (708)
(1) Ardent - St.cronin (654)
(1) St.cronin - Alan (696)

No votes: Barkeep, Molson, Molly
Old 03-16-2007, 04:15 PM   #727
molson
General Manager

VOTE ST. CRONIN
Old 03-16-2007, 04:18 PM   #728
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
VOTE ST. CRONIN

Any particular reason?
Old 03-16-2007, 04:56 PM   #729
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Lathum, Any chance of bringing back the nuclear weapon?
Old 03-16-2007, 05:06 PM   #730
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Any particular reason?

Nothing I'm really sure of. It would surprise me at all if Barkeep's a wolf, but I fear a landslide vote for him and then him turning out human - it tells us nothing. I'm still also having a hard time getting past DC giving herself a 2nd vote day 1 if she was a spy.

St. Cronin's the other guy in contension. I'll be around at the deadline, as always, so I'll would probably act to avoid a tie (as I'm sure you would). I don't have a read on Cronin. I made a list a few days of trusted v. non-trusted, (unposted), and the Cronin's the one guy I didn't put in either list.

I really think bearglowz is good. I think you're good too. And thus, I tend to think saldana's good. AE I'm more suspcious of. I think MollyMurphy's a spy. I'd cast the clinching vote for her, if it came to that.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:12 PM   #731
saldana
Pro Starter

alan, any thoughts about switching things up to MM instead of bk?
Old 03-16-2007, 05:17 PM   #732
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

Quote:
I really think bearglowz is good. I think you're good too. And thus, I tend to think saldana's good. AE I'm more suspcious of. I think MollyMurphy's a spy. I'd cast the clinching vote for her, if it came to that.

Was an extremely close call between BK and Molly for me. I'm willing to switch to Molly if that's how some other folks are going to go.

[email protected]

--Thomas B. Macaulay
Old 03-16-2007, 05:22 PM   #733
molson
General Manager

Well, since there's a bunch of people on the fence, I'll see if this leads anywhere:

UNVOTE ST. CRONIN

VOTE MOLLYMURPHY

Maybe one reason there's been little activity today is that the spies don't mind how the vote is going.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:31 PM   #734
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
alan, any thoughts about switching things up to MM instead of bk?

To be honest, I am equally ok with Barkeep or Molly being lynched. Both of them bug me, and so if thats the direction it goes I won't complain. I know you and I don't see eye to eye on the Cronin deal, but just something smells fishy there to me is all. I guess I don't feel stronger about Molly than I do about Barkeep right now. I really think we probably have two - three wolves left, and at least two of them are in the group of Cronin, Barkeep, Ardent, Molly.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:36 PM   #735
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Dola, I guess what I am saying is I'm not going out of my way to save Barkeep. I gave him a chance and he didn't really seem to jump at it to get out of the lynch. If I had to guess, right now I am leaning torwards him probably not being a wolf now.. I just don't have any evidence today or anything other than my gut to go on to compell others to look in any other direction.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:26 PM   #736
MollyMurphy
Mascot

I just got caught up from work. Looks like I missed a lot. I am a regular CIA Agent without a special role...I did not get any tools so far, and as far as I know, no one has been to my door. I have explained that I was travelling and since I have been back I have been more active.
MollyMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 06:32 PM   #737
MollyMurphy
Mascot

I continue to be suspicious of cronin as I have been for a couple days, and I do agree that BK's reaction was very similar to Bullet after the accusations today....a little fishy. I am also suprised by AE's strong reaction to the attention he is getting.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:01 PM   #738
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMurphy View Post
I continue to be suspicious of cronin as I have been for a couple days, and I do agree that BK's reaction was very similar to Bullet after the accusations today....a little fishy. I am also suprised by AE's strong reaction to the attention he is getting.

For me its actually the opposite. Usually AE reacts pretty strongly to heat when he is a wolf and when he isn't. The fact he didn't react strongly to Cronin this morning set off alarms for me.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:08 PM   #739
MollyMurphy
Mascot

Quote:
For me its actually the opposite. Usually AE reacts pretty strongly to heat when he is a wolf and when he isn't. The fact he didn't react strongly to Cronin this morning set off alarms for me.

Oh, I don't really have the history to go on. I would have to take your word for it. He definately did not react strong until people called him out, but he reacted then.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:27 PM   #740
saldana
Pro Starter

i think i am gonna stay with barkeep...assuming he is a wolf, it would make sense to me that alan, ardent, cronin and i are all still alive.....it would be too obvious if barkeep was the only vet left, so i think he would want to keep some other vet players in the game with him.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:27 PM   #741
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, it would be nice if our esteemed GM would let us know what the play schedule for the weekend is.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:40 PM   #742
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
on night 3 i went to see alan t, had a nice chat about the 4th of july, and then went back to my room to find it had been robbed and my infra-red goggles were missing.

I told you all so. He was out of his room. lol...okay, I'm a tool. I'm out.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:48 PM   #743
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I told you all so. He was out of his room. lol...okay, I'm a tool. I'm out.

lol
Old 03-16-2007, 07:52 PM   #744
MollyMurphy
Mascot

I have been waiting to see if BK came back and had more to say, but he has not. Therefore, I am going to go with him. My other lead choice is still cronin which would put us in a tie (Barkeep voted for him...post 664 or something like that), but he is not around to defend himself, and he announced that he'd be gone.

Vote Barkeep
Old 03-16-2007, 07:56 PM   #745
MollyMurphy
Mascot

Currently the vote count:

(4) Barkeep - Ardent (671), Beargrowlz (706), Saldana (708), Molly Murphy (744)
(1) Ardent - St.cronin (654)
(2) St.cronin - Alan (696), Barkeep (664)
(1) Molly Murphy - Molson (733)
Old 03-16-2007, 07:56 PM   #746
molson
General Manager

Looks like we're staying with BK. I still don't think he's evil, but with 2 missed votes in a row, a non-voting American isn't really worth much at this point.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:56 PM   #747
molson
General Manager

Oops, my bad, he did voe.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:56 PM   #748
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Well today's vote is pretty much a run away.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:57 PM   #749
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Dola, I guess what I am saying is I'm not going out of my way to save Barkeep. I gave him a chance and he didn't really seem to jump at it to get out of the lynch. If I had to guess, right now I am leaning torwards him probably not being a wolf now.. I just don't have any evidence today or anything other than my gut to go on to compell others to look in any other direction.
Of course I'm not a wolf, but since you voted for me you need to accept that you think I'm a wolf.

I stated simple facts. Just remember: I was the only one who offered an actual game reason to vote a certain way today. Everyone else played meta-games. Why was Narcazio killed? Likely because he was putting too much heat on a KGB agent.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:57 PM   #750
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Well today's vote is pretty much a run away.
Yup and for no actual in game reason.