Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-27-2009, 04:33 PM   #701
mckerney
Coordinator

Ronnie Wingo still to announce, has his final 3 as Arkansas, Missouri, and Illinois.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:29 PM   #702
clemsonfan
High School JV

Boyd heads to Clemson! Hooray!
clemsonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:37 PM   #703
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Ronnie Wingo still to announce, has his final 3 as Arkansas, Missouri, and Illinois.

Wingo chose Arkansas.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:44 PM   #704
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonfan View Post

I dunno -- he still has over a week to pick a new school.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:49 PM   #705
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Nyshier Oliver returns to Tennessee. Woot, woot.

I'm really surprised about Wingo. I figured he was a lock for Mizzou.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:53 PM   #706
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Some of these recruiting roller coasters are wild. Byron Moore has reportedly cancelled his trip to LSU, dropped them from his list, and put USC back in his final 3. I'm hoping he has had a change of heart after being "All USC" a month ago - he could help at corner early in his career.

I dunno what his deal is. He picked UCLA because he grew up watching UCLA and rooting for them, then USC offers and he selects his dream school, and now he's looking somewhere else?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:20 PM   #707
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
Really? You're surprised at how high they rank? Lots of big polynesian kids on the islands that love to play football, so no surprise to me. Hawai'i is a place West Coast schools have long targeted. If U of Hawaii could keep more of those studs home, they'd be awfully good, but most of those kids want to check out life on the mainland.
Part might just be a east coast/ND fan that I never realized the volume like a PAC-10/MWC/WAC fan would. I knew they had 2 really good HS's in Honolulu, but seeing in order, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, DC, Georgia, Louisiana, Texas, Hawaii, South Carolina surprised me for the obvious reason. That's 5 deep south schools, Texas, the smallest population area with a fantastic local private school setup to pluck the most talented athletes and then Hawaii. I expected to see Hawaii down in the California range of good, but not great/ahead of some SEC/southern states, all Big 12 states outside Texas and even places like Ohio, PA and NJ that are considered recruiting hotbeds.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:50 PM   #708
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I dunno what his deal is. He picked UCLA because he grew up watching UCLA and rooting for them, then USC offers and he selects his dream school, and now he's looking somewhere else?

Yeah, it's a very strange one. Kind of like the girl that cheated on her old boyfriend to get with you, can you really be surprised when she leaves you for some other guy?

Anyway, it seems like he has definitely moved on from USC even though we are in his final 3. Assuming they have a ride still for his teammate Sean Parker I'm still guessing ND on this one. Where did Colorado come from though? He'd probably be a 3-4 year starter for them and it's a lot closer than South Bend, so that would be a good place for him to go.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:52 PM   #709
bhlloy
Coordinator

DOLA - now I'm reading that USC is still very much in the running for Moore. All you hear about is how nice and grounded of a kid he is. Wierd.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:21 PM   #710
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
DOLA - now I'm reading that USC is still very much in the running for Moore. All you hear about is how nice and grounded of a kid he is. Wierd.

My guess is that he had an immature irrational reaction when he found out that Mays was coming back, which had to be a surprise to him. That meant very little early PT if he remained at S. I think the staff has made him realize that they want to try him at CB and that he will get a chance to learn things from a great player if he does remain at S. Shrug, that's my guess anyway. I'm just glad to see he is reconsidering his decommit from USC.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:13 AM   #711
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonfan View Post

I was a bit surprised, I thought he was going to go to Ohio State. Especially how he was saying how he wasn't scared of competing with Pryor since he (Pryor) didn't throw the ball as well as he did.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:01 AM   #712
Logan
Head Coach

I know nothing about Boyd, but I'm guessing he will revolutionize the way Clemson makes their annual descent from a preseason top 10 rating.

Last edited by Logan : 01-28-2009 at 08:01 AM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:58 PM   #713
MrBug708
Head Coach

Burfict to ASU where he prays he actually gets into a college before heading to a JC.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:58 PM   #714
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
My guess is that he had an immature irrational reaction when he found out that Mays was coming back, which had to be a surprise to him. That meant very little early PT if he remained at S. I think the staff has made him realize that they want to try him at CB and that he will get a chance to learn things from a great player if he does remain at S. Shrug, that's my guess anyway. I'm just glad to see he is reconsidering his decommit from USC.

If anything, that would be better for Moore, no? He's not expected to be an immediate impact kind of guy so this way he RS/plays a bit as a Frosh and in 2010, the job is wide open?
Old 01-28-2009, 08:00 PM   #715
bhlloy
Coordinator

Carroll has an in home with Burfict tomorrow and he'll officially "announce" on Friday, so it's not over yet. But it doesn't look good for SC. If he qualifies, ASU is looking good up the middle with him and Corey Adams.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:17 PM   #716
MrBug708
Head Coach

If anything, that makes it even more of a lock for Te'o
Old 01-28-2009, 08:37 PM   #717
MrBug708
Head Coach

Question to bholly, Chief, and Eaglesfan;

How many of you think that Lake being hired to coach cornerbacks was partly in due to Rick basically telling Norton to go F himself? The timing of everything is actually rather interesting to me and Lake and Norton share similiar traits to each other in what they offer
Old 01-28-2009, 09:12 PM   #718
bhlloy
Coordinator

Without getting into a debate about who told who to fuck who and when, I think Lake is an excellent hire. Certainly brings the same things as Norton - high energy, will relate well to kids and has a bone fide NFL experience.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:31 PM   #719
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I think Lake is an excellent hire, too. He has a lot to prove to be considered in Norton's class, but I think he is a high potential guy who is definitely worth giving a chance. On the other hand, I think the promotion of Chuck Bullough is a head scratching move.

I've been away from the computer all day. Disappointed to hear the news about Burfict. I hope Pete can satisfy the academic concerns that his family has and sway him back to USC. I still don't think Te'o is a lock, even if Vontaze remains a ASU committ.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:38 AM   #720
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I don't know enough about Lake as a coach to make a really good judgment. I liked him as a player, both at UCLA and in the pros, and he certainly had the spirit and mentality of a go-getter as a player. I have no idea if that has translated to his new position as a coach.

But I like him, and I am cautiously optimistic. As for the conspiracy with Norton, I don't buy it. I don't think CRN would hire a key coach at a critical position just to give an F U to Norton, even if Norton deserves it.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:09 AM   #721
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Very interesting quote from Burfict in an a recent article as he was struggling with his decision. He said that UCLA and ASU actually gets in more questionable academic athletes than other schools in the Pac-10 and this was a factor in his decision as he is concerned about his grades:

"The coaches did a really good job showing me how schools in the PAC-10 get guys signed. ASU was second to UCLA at getting players in academically. They had a whole list of guys who didn't get into schools like USC, Washington . . . I feel that if I can get into college, I can get into the league."

Another excerpt where he talks about the concerns about academics:

"The ASU trip would be a 8.5, while USC was about a six," said Burfict. "Neither was perfect, but I felt like I got more out of visiting ASU. I feel like I know more about ASU academically and am more comfortable at ASU."

Burfict's concern for academic support stems from his sophomore year of high school. Deemed ineligible due to grades, Burfict dug a deep trench between himself and a diploma.

But his attitude in the classroom changed when playing college football became a possibility. His attitude toward school is night and day, and unfortunately, to get qualified, so are his classes.

"I started taking things more seriously my junior year," said Burfict. "Now, I take BYU courses, night school and NovaNET.

"I'm about 35-percent done. I've got six BYU classes to take and I've completed two. It's not easy."

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-29-2009 at 07:11 AM.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:14 AM   #722
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Why don't you all just keep up with Pete's recruiting antics on twitter...

Twitter / PeteCarroll
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:18 AM   #723
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
Why don't you all just keep up with Pete's recruiting antics on twitter...

Twitter / PeteCarroll

I have been checking that out sometimes. I just find it funny that Vontaze punctures that myth that so many recruits only turn away from UCLA because it is too hard academically.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:06 AM   #724
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Cedar Shoals' Lattimore commits to South Florida | Athens Banner-Herald

Cedar Shoals linebacker DeDe Lattimore has verbally committed to South Florida, coach Xarvia Smith said Wednesday.

The 6-foot-1, 225-pound athlete had several offers from top Division I programs, and made his decision to attend South Florida this week. He is expected to sign Wednesday.

The All-Northeast Georgia first-team selection last season led the Jaguars to the a Class AAAA second-round playoff appearance in 2008 for the first time in six years.

Lattimore had 81 tackles, 46 solo, nine for a loss, four sacks and four forced fumbles last season.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:13 PM   #725
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Reports say that James Boyd has cancelled his trip to Washington for this upcoming weekend because he is 100% certain that he wants to be a Trojan. Great to see him locked up if this is true.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-29-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:27 PM   #726
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Reports say that James Boyd has cancelled his trip to Washington for this upcoming weekend because he is 100% certain that he wants to be a Trojan.
Yeah, appears to be the case. UW will still try to poach Patrick Hall who's visiting this weekend, as well as Brandon Sermons from UCLA.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:32 PM   #727
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, appears to be the case. UW will still try to poach Patrick Hall who's visiting this weekend, as well as Brandon Sermons from UCLA.

I'm not too worried about Hall. He sounds excited to have the opportunity to play offense which Pete has promised him. I wish Washington all of the luck in the world in getting Sermons.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:47 PM   #728
bhlloy
Coordinator

Hall is not visiting Washington. He's visiting SC which he didn't do last weekend because of some exams he had to take.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:51 PM   #729
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hall is not visiting Washington. He's visiting SC which he didn't do last weekend because of some exams he had to take.

That is what I thought, but I thought maybe dawgfan had some more recent info. From everything I've heard, he is very solid for USC.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:55 PM   #730
bhlloy
Coordinator

No, I don't think that is the case. He was reported by a Washington site as visiting them, but has since clarified. Unless he changed his mind again.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:59 PM   #731
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No, I don't think that is the case. He was reported by a Washington site as visiting them, but has since clarified. Unless he changed his mind again.

USCFootball's main mod just said he is definitely visiting USC tomorrow and not going to Washington - however, apparently that Washington rumor was making the rounds today as it confused a few people.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:01 PM   #732
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

It may have been a case of miscommunication between Hall and the Scout.com reporter, or maybe Hall changed his mind, but yes - he appears to be visiting USC this weekend and won't be coming up to Seattle.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:25 PM   #733
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Very interesting quote from Burfict in an a recent article as he was struggling with his decision. He said that UCLA and ASU actually gets in more questionable academic athletes than other schools in the Pac-10 and this was a factor in his decision as he is concerned about his grades:

"The coaches did a really good job showing me how schools in the PAC-10 get guys signed. ASU was second to UCLA at getting players in academically. They had a whole list of guys who didn't get into schools like USC, Washington . . . I feel that if I can get into college, I can get into the league."
"

I dont think anyone doubts that bit of information. I think the difference in football athlete compared to the student ration is probably the biggest difference in the PAC-10. Cal is probably the only school near UCLA in that aspect.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:29 AM   #734
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Stan Hasiak has ruled out Washington and will not be visiting USC - it's down to Cal and UCLA for him.

Simi Vehikite is solid to USC as is James Boyd. With Boyd solid to USC, that might mean the UW cools on his best bud Delvon Purvis - hard to tell at this point.

Washington is getting in late on DB David Batts (currently committed to Kansas State), his JC teammate OL/DL Daniel Mafoe (who may be an academic risk), DT Johnny Tivao (another academic risk) and Tivao's JC teammate DE Ryan Davis (a Cal commit). They also are still tripping current UCLA commit CB Brandon Sermons.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:54 AM   #735
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The 33rd RB and Vols commit Damien Thigpen out of Virginia is looking around, supposedly to see what's out there, but "remains fully committed to Tennessee".

But Thigpen was a Fullmer commit, and there's a report out there that says Kiffin told him he's a bad fit at UT and "suggested" he look around a bit.

So Thigpen is tripping to Westwood this weekend, and the Bruins and Notre Dame are both on him and seeing if they can sway him. Both schools seem an awful long way from Virginia, but Thigpen runs a 4.34 40, so Slick Rick will take the speed if the kid wants to come, methinks.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:57 AM   #736
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Stan Hasiak has ruled out Washington and will not be visiting USC - it's down to Cal and UCLA for him.

Simi Vehikite is solid to USC as is James Boyd. With Boyd solid to USC, that might mean the UW cools on his best bud Delvon Purvis - hard to tell at this point.

Washington is getting in late on DB David Batts (currently committed to Kansas State), his JC teammate OL/DL Daniel Mafoe (who may be an academic risk), DT Johnny Tivao (another academic risk) and Tivao's JC teammate DE Ryan Davis (a Cal commit). They also are still tripping current UCLA commit CB Brandon Sermons.

Sermons is pretty underrated, IMO, so I hope UCLA's able to keep him. But I think UDub has a really good shot at him.

dawg, you hearing about these minor recruiting violations already by Sark and Holt? Between those issues and Kiffin telling Fullmer recruits to consider going elsewhere, I can see they all learned from the master, but maybe not quite enough to keep it covered up.

Of course, the only UDub coach to commit a recruiting violation faster than Sark was Neuheisel, lol.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:39 AM   #737
bhlloy
Coordinator

It looks like Burfict is ASU or JC at this point. The good news is the Trojans still have a great shot at Jarvis Jones, Te'o and Telfort. Manti and either of the other two would make us forget about Tez real fast.

Hasiak will end up at UCLA, IMO. That won't be a surprise at all. Cal's class is going to potential top 2 in the PAC-10 to very mediocre really fast, even Randall Carroll has dropped them and they were his top school for a couple of months.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:05 AM   #738
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It looks like Burfict is ASU or JC at this point. The good news is the Trojans still have a great shot at Jarvis Jones, Te'o and Telfort. Manti and either of the other two would make us forget about Tez real fast.

Hasiak will end up at UCLA, IMO. That won't be a surprise at all. Cal's class is going to potential top 2 in the PAC-10 to very mediocre really fast, even Randall Carroll has dropped them and they were his top school for a couple of months.

Yeah, after reading everything that has happened in the last 24 hours, I'll be shocked if Burfict chooses USC. Regardless of his choice, I don't think he is going to qualify. He has struggled academically in the past and is currently taking a big courseload and trying to prepare for his standarized test - just doesn't seem to bode well for his chances.

The most interesting recruiting rumor is that Randall Carroll is leaning to USC again and really wants to go there but his mother is threatening to refuse to sign the LOI just like what happened with Hazelton. Hopefully, this story has a happier ending. Reports are that Randall is on board with the idea of playing corner now with the selling point that he will be featured in some offensive packages as well.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:27 PM   #739
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
dawg, you hearing about these minor recruiting violations already by Sark and Holt? Between those issues and Kiffin telling Fullmer recruits to consider going elsewhere, I can see they all learned from the master, but maybe not quite enough to keep it covered up.

Of course, the only UDub coach to commit a recruiting violation faster than Sark was Neuheisel, lol.
Have I heard about them? Oh yeah - there's no hiding that kind of stuff around here with the UW's history. As our AD Scott Woodward said, the UW may be the only place in the country where minor secondary violations are considered news. Both our papers were all over them.

The first thing, the fog and siren while running out of the tunnel, is extremely ticky-tack. If you read the rules on that matter (simulating a gameday experience), there's a lot of room for interpretation. I find it very interesting that Kiffin was cited a week after Sarkisian for doing the exact same thing. Hmmm, I wonder where they learned that one...

The second one, bumping the H.S. junior and allowing the reporter to be present during a recruiting visit, is slightly more troubling, if only because either Sarkisian A) didn't know the rule, or B) was naive enough to think that it wasn't going to get into the newspaper due to the reporter being there.

Sarkisian didn't go into that meeting expecting to meet either of those guys - that was due to the H.S. coach who wanted the junior to get a taste for recruiting (he's apparently going to be a major prospect) and wanted the publicity from the story the reporter would write. What Sarkisian should've done is, once he knew the guy was a reporter, politely point out that neither he nor the junior could be there as it would be a violation of NCAA rules.

But whatever - I don't get the sense that Sarkisian is intentionally pushing the boundaries of the rule book like Neuheisel used to do, though we'll see over the next few years if these are isolated instances or evidence of a pattern.

And by the way, what a piece of work that Jordan H.S. coach appears to be - dropping very unsubtle hints about wanting a job as QB coach with Sarkisian and using the reporter to publicize himself.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:29 PM   #740
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

De'von Flournoy who had been planning on making a signing day decision between USC and UCLA has cancelled that and announced that he is "100% committed to USC." Great news as the week ends.

West Recruiting Blog - ESPN

Flournoy makes final decision

Wide receiver De'von Flournoy (Van Nuys, Calif./ Birmingham) told us just a few weeks ago that his final two schools, USC and UCLA were dead even and he would make his final choice on Signing Day. Those plans have now been scrapped and Flournoy said he's done with the recruiting process.

"I'm 100% committed to USC," Flournoy said. "It came down to just wanting to play for Pete Carroll. Coach Carroll told me the second I committed last year that football or no football, I would always have a home at USC.

"I'm excited to play in the offense with so much talent around me and I'm looking forward to seeing how they plan to use me. On top of that, there are so many men of God on the coaching staff and that meant a lot to me. I can trust those coaches and I'm exciting to be a Trojan."
Flournoy took official visits to Cal and UCLA and was also considering a late visit to Washington.

"Cal is a great school and I liked the academics but I just didn't feel like I fit in that well there," Flournoy said. "UCLA was great as well and I have so many friends on the team. I love the area and they'll be good but in the end, USC was just the best overall fit for me."
Old 01-30-2009, 08:15 PM   #741
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Good get for USC. Of the two WRs up in the air between USC and UCLA, he was the one I wanted to come to Westwood. But the talk on him to UCLA really dropped off shortly after his visit, after he went to USC. Carroll and company did a good job swinging him back into the fold.

I am hopeful that Flournoy's re-commitment could lead Randall Carroll to UCLA (although I have seen the same report, from Biggins at ESPN, on what way he's leaning), but even so, I'm not going to be torn up if they end up with neither, since WR is one of the few positions they really aren't dying to add "immediate start" talent right now.

Wednesday will be a very interesting day for UCLA football. The coaching staff has been all over the place. Chow went to Hawaii, then flew to Utah, and then back to Hawaii this week. That's just nuts. Even if they end up with none of these guys, I am very excited that UCLA is in the mix (and strongly) with the following, right up to the end:

Carroll
Teo
Hasiak
Joel Gray
Xua-Filo
Thigpen

Those are some very good prospects. And it would be a major upset if we didn't pick up the commitment of DE Iuta Tepa this weekend.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 01-30-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:07 AM   #742
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
De'von Flournoy who had been planning on making a signing day decision between USC and UCLA has cancelled that and announced that he is "100% committed to USC." Great news as the week ends.

Do you think has a lot to do with Rolando Jefferson likely headed to a JC as well as the kid (Alshon?) from South Carolina wavering and staying home?

FWIW, Scout is calling Carroll to UCLA. (both the UCLA and USC *national gurus*)
Old 01-31-2009, 08:08 AM   #743
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Do you think has a lot to do with Rolando Jefferson likely headed to a JC as well as the kid (Alshon?) from South Carolina wavering and staying home?

FWIW, Scout is calling Carroll to UCLA. (both the UCLA and USC *national gurus*)

I'm sure Rolando Jefferson's likely JC route helped us, but I don't think it has anything to do with Alshon Jeffrey who is a different type of receiver. I think Alshon ends up at USC still. As far as Carroll, I wouldn't be surprised with any place he ends up, including USC. It is not looking as good for UCLA as it was 2 weeks ago when he seemed a lock for them. Not sure, why he has cooled on UCLA, but he appears to have done so at least a bit.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:57 PM   #744
MrBug708
Head Coach

UCLA could very well get a verbal from another speeders from Virginia. I'm too lazy to looks his name up but he's a former commit of Tennessee.

In other news, Hasiak might be coming back to UCLA?
Old 02-01-2009, 02:58 AM   #745
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
UCLA could very well get a verbal from another speeders from Virginia. I'm too lazy to looks his name up but he's a former commit of Tennessee.

In other news, Hasiak might be coming back to UCLA?

Thigpen. I talk about him extensively just 3-4 posts above yours.

Old 02-01-2009, 03:17 AM   #746
MrBug708
Head Coach

Hey man, leave me alone lol
Old 02-01-2009, 03:34 AM   #747
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Old 02-01-2009, 10:47 AM   #748
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

It's been rumored that Wingo's commit to Arkansas is very soft. Now that his cousin committed to MU, the rumors are growing in intensity......

MU football notebook: Drew Temple quits team - Kansas City Star

Quote:
Also, St. Louis Trinity junior wide receiver Marquis Hill said he orally committed to MU’s Class of 2010.

That created a stir, considering Hill is the cousin of St. Louis University High running back Ronnie Wingo, the No. 2 player in Missouri last season.

Speculation was that Wingo — who picked Arkansas over Missouri from his final two — might not remain solid with the Razorbacks.

Signing day is Wednesday.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:55 AM   #749
MJ4H
Coordinator

That sounds like wishful thinking. Wingo bonded strongly with three other commits who committed together. I mean, sure, anything could happen on signing day, but everything I've seen shows this has no chance.

edit: just looked into it and it was discussed on our boards yesterday. It is just based on them saying earlier that they would go to the same place which apparently hasn't been true in awhile. There are recent quotes from Hill telling Wingo to "go to Arkansas and get it done" and the like. Meanwhile, Wingo's excitement to be a Hog is obvious to all that observe him. This won't happen.

double edit: actually MBBF I think we should get in a 4+ page argument over this to counter the constant UCLA-USC crap

Last edited by MJ4H : 02-01-2009 at 11:06 AM.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:02 PM   #750
MJ4H
Coordinator

Recent update:

Quote:
From the St. Louis Post Dispatch message board:

STLtoday.com - STLtoday.com: Sports - Forums - Mizzou Talk - Topic - More on Wingo from Hill ...

An update from my last blog post ...

Got a text message a little while ago from Marquise Hill that his cousin, Ronnie Wingo, was staying true to his word and will be going to Arkansas