Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-09-2009, 03:06 PM   #701
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Wow, really? Man, don't **** with Francois Beauchemin.

NEVER mess with a dude named Francis......Dude has been in scraps his whole life about his name

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 03:54 PM   #702
bob
College Starter

Well, looks like the Game 5 of the Wings - Ducks is not being shown here in Atlanta unless you have the NHL Network or the Center Ice Package (or whatever its called). Crap. Thanks NHL. They really need to work out stuff with ESPN to get games on a proper network again.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:00 PM   #703
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
I'll never dog a fight for dropping them, and more power to them both ditching the vistors, but Kopecky got hurt in the fight. He got abused. He just looked clueless.

If he is out, I'd hope they dress Abdelkader and let him and Helm cause some havoc on there with their speed, or dress Meech, especially if Rafalski is out and give the team some options.

Honestly have no idea why he was fighting. He didn't drop the gloves all season, and there he was, voluntarily taking his helmet off and basically shoving his face into a couple of very solid haymakers. I'm surprised he was able to skate off under his own power.

I know the purists love the hockey fights, but I don't see what they have to do with the game, especially human sacrifices like that one. Now Detroit's down a player for no other reason than stupidity.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:20 PM   #704
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
Well, looks like the Game 5 of the Wings - Ducks is not being shown here in Atlanta unless you have the NHL Network or the Center Ice Package (or whatever its called). Crap. Thanks NHL. They really need to work out stuff with ESPN to get games on a proper network again.

I'm just trying to figure out how Indy Poll Day ended up on Versus.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:56 PM   #705
Pyser
Pro Rookie

my biggest surprise this post season was seeing just how easy it is to stream a live hockey game online. for free.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:58 PM   #706
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I'm just trying to figure out how Indy Poll Day ended up on Versus.

Well, apparently Crosby/Ovechkin > Indy Poll Day > anything else in the NHL.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:43 PM   #707
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Fluery looking sharp tonight.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:29 PM   #708
Galaxy
Coordinator

This is one hell of a series.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:34 PM   #709
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I don't see a whole lot of the Pens. Does Scuderi always look this good?
Old 05-09-2009, 08:41 PM   #710
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I don't see a whole lot of the Pens. Does Scuderi always look this good?

During the 06-07 season, he was paired with Joe Melichar to form what was possibly the worst defensive pairing ever created.

Since Melichar's been gone, he's played with Whitney and Letang a little, and this season, Gill to be the shutdown pair.

There are probably not very many players in the league who get as much out of minimal natural talent as him. Very little offense, not really even a good breakout pass (I think Gill's is actually underrated), but he's so good with his stick on his side of the blueline.

He's a free agent after the season, and I wouldn't be surprised to find someone (Isles, he's a Syosset native) give him a nice amount more than the Pens can afford to offer him. He's a ridiculous bargain right now at $700K.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:53 PM   #711
DeToxRox
Head Coach

That's a crusher for Washington. Two OT losses like that for such a young team is going to be so hard to overcome, I just don't see it happening.

I am happy that I might just get to see the series I wanted to see most in the East, Carolina/Pittsburgh.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:58 PM   #712
henry296
College Starter

It sure liked interference on the Pens prior to Malkin's rush and goal.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:09 PM   #713
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
It sure liked interference on the Pens prior to Malkin's rush and goal.

Probably was interference during regular time...but not O.T

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:32 PM   #714
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

So now there is a group wanting to move the Thrashers to Hamilton? I love it.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:44 PM   #715
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

This was the best game of the series, possibly of the playoffs this year.

The calls that were made were solid calls. As much as the Caps will complain, there is no way they can not make the call in OT.

Already seeing at HF looking for a call in front of Fleury just prior to Malkin scoring. By the book, that was interference. But, it was allowed, both ways, all game long (and last night, Bradley twice on one shift). The refs let them play outside of any blatant calls. I believe each team ended up with 2 PP chances.

Backstrom is a hell of a player. He is the 2 of the Caps 1-2 punch, not Semin. Semin reminds me a lot of Kovalev, where he might be a top 5 talent at forward in the league, but only a top 50 player.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:49 PM   #716
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Dola

Is Mike Green hurt? Or seriously THAT bad in his own end?
Old 05-10-2009, 05:26 PM   #717
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I was really worried the Ducks wouldn't show up today. Glad to see my fears were unfounded.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:28 PM   #718
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I was really worried the Ducks wouldn't show up today. Glad to see my fears were unfounded.

Detroit is exerting their will today, though it's obvious Getz is not 100%. Ducks aren't getting many breaks though. Got jobbed on a non call on a blatant Too Many Men by Detroit.

I loved Dats trying to flip it over and batting it in even though he didn't have much of a shot. So much fun to watch.

Still only a 2 goal game and plenty of time left.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:36 PM   #719
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Big PPG by Anaheim there to make it 2-1. This isn't over by a long shot.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:37 PM   #720
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Big PPG by Anaheim there to make it 2-1. This isn't over by a long shot.

Oh, I knew it wasn't over, if the Ducks started to play their game. It was just that at the point I posted that, they hadn't yet. Still not sure it will end up paying dividends in the long run. Unless they start playing better at even strength, this isn't going to go anywhere. You don't beat talented teams like the Wings at their place being outshot 5-tp-1.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:40 PM   #721
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Huge save by Ozzy there. Anaheim has started pushing back and Detroit has been on their heels.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:37 PM   #722
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Good to save Helm get rewarded for how great he has played defensively with a huge goal to make it 3-1 and then Z ices it with the empty netter. Big win. Anaheim is just getting worn down. Still not saying this series is over but it will be if Anaheim can't get some production from people other then their top 4 forwards.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:57 PM   #723
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Good to save Helm get rewarded for how great he has played defensively with a huge goal to make it 3-1 and then Z ices it with the empty netter. Big win. Anaheim is just getting worn down. Still not saying this series is over but it will be if Anaheim can't get some production from people other then their top 4 forwards.

Agreed. The Ducks just looked awful the whole game. Other than from maybe the second period PPG forward to the second intermission, I never saw an indication the Ducks showed up to play today.

Old 05-10-2009, 08:11 PM   #724
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Very good to see Helm finally get one. He has been one of the Wings' best forwards all series.

This could have been Hiller's best game of the series so far. He made some great saves. The score could have been much, much worse.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:59 PM   #725
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Though it's not over yet, it's now going to be 3-2 Carolina going back to Raleigh and I'm not feeling particularly good at the moment. I expected a loss tonight. I didn't expect such a poor game on our part, though. I'd rather have lost a close game that Boston had to fight to win to keep them thinking about things (of course, I could hope that a blowout would have them relax thinking they've got it figured out before Carolina takes them out in Game Six, but I'm not doing that). The pressure I think is going to be definitely on Carolina's side because I don't think they can win Game Seven in Boston as they've now gotten clobbered twice in the series in Beantown and I don't think a highway robbery of the order of Game Seven against New Jersey is in the cards this time.

*sigh*
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:10 PM   #726
samifan24
Pro Starter

Good win for the Bruins tonight. Where was this team in games 2-4? It was a completely dominating effort for Boston but which team will show up in Raleigh on Tuesday night?
Old 05-11-2009, 09:01 AM   #727
gstelmack
Pro Starter

So far this postseason Carolina has limited it to one bad game in a row and has played hard the game after a listless effort. That's the one good sign I take from this. But yes that was an ugly, listless, no urgency effort by Carolina. Too many "one guy crashing the zone" plays.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:14 AM   #728
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I think the NHL needs to think about moving the Hurricanes to Hamilton, if only so Wolfpack can stop living a life of misery 6 months of the year. I've never seen a guy get so down about his team all the time. I swear the 'Canes could be up 3 games to 0 in the Stanley cup finals and dude would find a way to be worried that they are holding the weakest 3-0 series lead in sports history.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Old 05-11-2009, 10:20 AM   #729
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
I think the NHL needs to think about moving the Hurricanes to Hamilton, if only so Wolfpack can stop living a life of misery 6 months of the year. I've never seen a guy get so down about his team all the time. I swear the 'Canes could be up 3 games to 0 in the Stanley cup finals and dude would find a way to be worried that they are holding the weakest 3-0 series lead in sports history.

If you had followed this team for the last decade or so, you know they are more than capable of rolling over and playing dead for a couple of weeks. They've choked away a couple of playoff appearances with horrible efforts in the last week of the season; I remember them losing a potential playoff-clinching game to Boston several years back when Boston had just traded Ray Borque and was sitting its #1 goaltender, for example, and a similar bum effort against last-place Montreal another year.

That said, they've done a good job of bouncing back this postseason. I do agree they need to win in Raleigh, because I don't think they can win a game 7 in Boston.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:21 AM   #730
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

are the Bruins bipolar?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:32 AM   #731
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
If you had followed this team for the last decade or so, you know they are more than capable of rolling over and playing dead for a couple of weeks. They've choked away a couple of playoff appearances with horrible efforts in the last week of the season; I remember them losing a potential playoff-clinching game to Boston several years back when Boston had just traded Ray Borque and was sitting its #1 goaltender, for example, and a similar bum effort against last-place Montreal another year.

That said, they've done a good job of bouncing back this postseason. I do agree they need to win in Raleigh, because I don't think they can win a game 7 in Boston.

Blah blah blah... just stare at your damn Cup banner if you guys can't stomach watching your team lose sometimes. Good grief, this act can get annoying when it comes from fans of teams that haven't won anything in 50+ years, let alone 2.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:59 AM   #732
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Dola

Fuck you, Gary Bettman:

"We generally try to avoid relocating franchises unless you absolutely have to," he said. "We think when a franchise is in trouble, you try and fix the problems. That's what we did in Pittsburgh and Ottawa and Buffalo prior to our work stoppage. That's what we did when the perception was that five out of the six Canadian franchises around the turn of the century were in trouble. We fixed the problems. We don't run out on cities." - http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=277750

I think he should tack the word "anymore" onto the end of that last sentence. Fucking weasel-faced douche.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:04 AM   #733
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
Blah blah blah... just stare at your damn Cup banner if you guys can't stomach watching your team lose sometimes. Good grief, this act can get annoying when it comes from fans of teams that haven't won anything in 50+ years, let alone 2.

I can take a lot of things when I'm a fan of a team. I watched the Patriots and the Bucs through the horrible years and was fine with it. What I can't stand is lack of effort, and the Canes put that forth often enough to tick fans off.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:05 AM   #734
gstelmack
Pro Starter

That said, I didn't think the Canes had a chance in this series against Boston, so it's been fun to watch. They've already done better than I expected.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:43 PM   #735
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
are the Bruins bipolar?

No, they just took games 2, 3 and 4 off in this series. The real Bruins were back last night. Who knows if they'll show up in Raleigh tomorrow.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:03 PM   #736
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Ok, this game has just gotten crazy: 3 goals in 2 minutes.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:04 PM   #737
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

The Pens outshot the Caps something like 17-5 in the first and only had a 1-0 lead.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:23 PM   #738
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Crosby ties it up with about 4 mins to go!

I'd love this to be a long OT playoff game but I think the scoring has been excellent and the goaltending too shaky.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 05-11-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:32 PM   #739
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Is this thing on?

Man, Caps get jobbed a bit on a holding call with 2 mins to go. Then they add an eternity (1.5 seconds) onto a faceoff in the Washington end that should have been more like 0.5 seconds.

We're going to OT!

SI

Old 05-11-2009, 08:32 PM   #740
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

What the hell was Hal Gill trying to do? Cut through his own crease, behind his goalie, at a crucial point in the game?
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:53 PM   #741
Galaxy
Coordinator

Wow.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:56 PM   #742
wade moore
lolzcat

I don't watch Hockey at all...

But having a good Caps team has me watching some... been watching since about 7:00 left in the 3rd period of this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:57 PM   #743
Galaxy
Coordinator

YEA!
Old 05-11-2009, 08:57 PM   #744
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Game 7!
Old 05-11-2009, 08:58 PM   #745
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Have the Pens won a "white out" this playoff year?

Btw..that was a pretty weak goal by MAF.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:59 PM   #746
Galaxy
Coordinator

The Caps assistant coach likes to rub heads, doesn't he?
Old 05-11-2009, 08:59 PM   #747
wade moore
lolzcat

w00t!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:59 PM   #748
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Heaven forbid if the Caps make the SCF this year. It'll be the exact same thing as when LeBron went up vs the Spurs. A sweep against whoever wins the West.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:00 PM   #749
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Dola, and I love the Caps, but they have the least most likely chance to win the Cup this year of any of the 8 teams left.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:02 PM   #750
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

FUCK!!