Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-09-2007, 02:00 PM   #751
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
VOTE DADDYTORGO

I'll move it if someone wakes up and reveals some juicy night actions. Also, JE and Gonzo still worry me a little.

If you weren't caught up at the deadline, that is one thing. But you had time to catch up between then and 6AM this morning, when you cast the second vote on DT. That struck me as a "lets see if we can get a nice, easy bandwagon rolling today" vote. You set the table for the bandwagon the night before, you weren't the first vote on him (Lathum went there last night) and you could look like you had carefully considered it overnight, while leaving the out that "I'll change if anyone saw anything".
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:06 PM   #752
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
If you weren't caught up at the deadline, that is one thing. But you had time to catch up between then and 6AM this morning, when you cast the second vote on DT. That struck me as a "lets see if we can get a nice, easy bandwagon rolling today" vote. You set the table for the bandwagon the night before, you weren't the first vote on him (Lathum went there last night) and you could look like you had carefully considered it overnight, while leaving the out that "I'll change if anyone saw anything".

I'm definitely not looking to get a bandwagon going. I want there to be options -- and I've discussed a few. I'm not even sure why saying "I'll change if anyone say anything" is much of an out. It was more of a comment that it was still early in the morning, and I was hoping the day would provide more information. I think if someone had seen anything, I'd be in my right to change my vote, whether I made that comment or not!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:13 PM   #753
hoopsguy
General Manager

Of course you would, Pass. But what was the rush to get a 2nd vote in on DaddyTorgo without allowing information to come forward? The reason to rush towards the early vote, if you didn't have information to back it, is if you had a high level of confidence in the vote. Which you clearly don't, based on your recent comments.

It wasn't a vote to "make a quiet player talk" - normally it is challenging to get DT to shut up

It wasn't a vote to try and get the seer to view him - actions were already processed for this day, and we were 15 hours away from the next deadline when you posted it.

If it wasn't a vote to get a bandwagon going, then why would you cast that vote at 6AM?

I had not yet come out with guns blazing defending DT (again, I don't have proof he is good, just trying to make sense of play so far), so there was no reason for you to think this would be controversial or draw undo attention.

Lathum, when pushed, has already offered up why he voted for DT.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:18 PM   #754
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Of course you would, Pass. But what was the rush to get a 2nd vote in on DaddyTorgo without allowing information to come forward? The reason to rush towards the early vote, if you didn't have information to back it, is if you had a high level of confidence in the vote. Which you clearly don't, based on your recent comments.

It wasn't a vote to "make a quiet player talk" - normally it is challenging to get DT to shut up

It wasn't a vote to try and get the seer to view him - actions were already processed for this day, and we were 15 hours away from the next deadline when you posted it.

If it wasn't a vote to get a bandwagon going, then why would you cast that vote at 6AM?

I had not yet come out with guns blazing defending DT (again, I don't have proof he is good, just trying to make sense of play so far), so there was no reason for you to think this would be controversial or draw undo attention.

Lathum, when pushed, has already offered up why he voted for DT.

You're right -- I don't have much on DT, but I have more suspicion of him than anyone else. That's why I voted for him at 6 am. My MO is to place a vote when I perceive someone as being more suspicious than everyone else, knowing that most likely, that's going to change, and I can unvote.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:18 PM   #755
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

thanks...i think
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:38 PM   #756
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
i'm not the duke

i'll tell you what was going on in my mind:

my gut and some early actions said cronin was a wolf. I pushed for him aggressively hoping he'd be scanned n1.

voted for him right away on d2 in order that the seer wouldn't have to be the only one making the play at cronin and also thought that I might be able to figure out from that who the seer was and establish a UTR-COT.

Like I said, since I saw more people strongely arguing to vote cronin instead of pushing someone else (such as me) or arguing that cronin was innocent, I assumed that the seer was the 2nd or 3rd vote on cronin and one of those people making arguments to lynch cronin.

but apparently the seer scanned someone else. Which was always the possible drawback of my idea.

once again. Lynch me if you must, but i'm not the duke. I can't save myself.

Quote:
lathum's confusing the crap out of me.

Quote:
rare triple-dola

aaaah, I understand his play now that I have caught up.

OK, these 3 posts in a row don't jive with me.

In the first one DT tells us he isn't the dike and we shouldn't lynch him, explains his pay, eyc...

the second one he says my play is confusing him.

The third on he says it makes sense now that he is caught up.

Why would he even make the first statement IF HE WASN'T ALREADY CAUGHT UP!!

his first statement was in response to my theory and strategy, why the hell would he be confused if he knew my strategy. I think he is a wolf and my vote stays.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:41 PM   #757
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

because I have "newest post on top" setup so I saw your first post and responded right away. Then went back and reread and said it was confusing...and then a minute or two later it made sense to me and I got it.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:42 PM   #758
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

lol, should say "duke" not "dike"
Old 08-09-2007, 02:43 PM   #759
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
because I have "newest post on top" setup so I saw your first post and responded right away. Then went back and reread and said it was confusing...and then a minute or two later it made sense to me and I got it.

seems like a dangerous way to play to me.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:43 PM   #760
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

try to follow:

step 1: I see something about me being the duke and want to quash that idea before it picks up steam.

2. I was "quick-replying" as I read through the thread, which is why I was like "you're confusing".

3. I reach the end and go "aaah ha. Now I get why lathum played it the way he did."
Old 08-09-2007, 02:44 PM   #761
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am out in a few minutes until probably after the deadline.

I think our seer is making a mistake by not revealing today, I think the math favors taking that chance at this point. If they are offed tonight we are pretty screwed.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:45 PM   #762
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
seems like a dangerous way to play to me.

newest post on top you mean? maybe. But I find it nice for the rest of the forum, so eh. And I know that i'm a villager, so I just have to trust in my fellow villagers to follow my "stream of consciousness"
Old 08-09-2007, 02:47 PM   #763
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
try to follow:

step 1: I see something about me being the duke and want to quash that idea before it picks up steam.

2. I was "quick-replying" as I read through the thread, which is why I was like "you're confusing".

3. I reach the end and go "aaah ha. Now I get why lathum played it the way he did."

I understand what you mean, it wasn't hard to "follow"

my point is that it seems dangerous to reply to the last post in a thread before reading the preceding posts.

Why were you in such a rush to say you aren't the duke that you couldn't read the whole thread? Was it because your afraid my theory was going to get some legs?
Old 08-09-2007, 02:49 PM   #764
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK, I am out now. I think DT is a wolf and was afraid my theory would gain some steam. My vote stands unless the seer comes forward.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:51 PM   #765
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
9. KWhit - my impression is that he is not being decisive this game, more like trying to find where he can safely position himself

What the heck has there been to be decisive about? I always play very logically, and right now the only logical play is that you are slightly more likely to be good than bad. Otherwise, I just don't know about anyone.

Up until MV was killed, I was very decisive about him. At first, I was convinced he was a wolf due to his mistake of calling night actions "wolf skills." That just sounded 100% like a rookie wolf screw up. Hell, I was convinced that he was a wolf....

Until I became convinced that he was the seer. I read post after post from him that made it seem totally obvious. I didn't want to make much of what I thought for obvious reasons, but I was totally convinced. Of course I was wrong, since he turned out to be a normal villager.

So I've kind of been thrown a bit in my thoughts this game - and there isn't a whole lot of evidence to grab ahold of yet. You should know that I don't like to accuse until I feel pretty sure about something. Right now I'm not sure of anything. That's where my indecision comes in.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:53 PM   #766
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

no. Cuz I didn't want people placing votes they wouldn't be around to change.

I find lathum's play today very interesting. Let me recap

1. Vote DT.
2. DT is the only player I trust.
3. My vote is staying on DT.
4. Now I think DT is a wolf if he's not the duke based on nothing (he's said that he understood what i was saying and it wasn't hard to follow). His reason for thinking I'm a wolf: I wanted to make it clear ASAP that I wasn't the duke.

Does this strike anyone else as weird?
Old 08-09-2007, 02:58 PM   #767
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

1. Vote DT.
4. Now I think DT is a wolf if he's not the duke based on nothing (he's said that he understood what i was saying and it wasn't hard to follow). His reason for thinking I'm a wolf: I wanted to make it clear ASAP that I wasn't the duke.

It does. Man, I'm confused.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:10 PM   #768
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

1. Vote DT.

It's a very strange play by Lathum, but I kind of get what he was doing.

He wants you dead. He voted you. Nobody really followed along, so he decided to try a different tactic: "Hey, everybody, vote for DT because he's the duke and we'll start a COT." But make no mistake, that was just a ploy and he still wanted you dead. I pointed out a better idea (one that wouldn't cause us to lose a lynch tonight) and then you come out and say you aren't the duke. So he backtracks again and says "Just kidding, I really do think he's a wolf, so you all need to vote for him."

So he has just tried 3 different tactics to get people to vote for you. That means that he either is a wolf and is desperate to get you killed (perhaps he thinks you're the seer), or he's a villager who has a really good idea that you are a wolf.

Either way, it's very interesting stuff.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:12 PM   #769
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
What the heck has there been to be decisive about? I always play very logically, and right now the only logical play is that you are slightly more likely to be good than bad. Otherwise, I just don't know about anyone.

Up until MV was killed, I was very decisive about him. At first, I was convinced he was a wolf due to his mistake of calling night actions "wolf skills." That just sounded 100% like a rookie wolf screw up. Hell, I was convinced that he was a wolf....

Until I became convinced that he was the seer. I read post after post from him that made it seem totally obvious. I didn't want to make much of what I thought for obvious reasons, but I was totally convinced. Of course I was wrong, since he turned out to be a normal villager.

So I've kind of been thrown a bit in my thoughts this game - and there isn't a whole lot of evidence to grab ahold of yet. You should know that I don't like to accuse until I feel pretty sure about something. Right now I'm not sure of anything. That's where my indecision comes in.

KWhit, it is hard making a good case for a skilled player as a wolf because as a skilled player they try to play the same way all the time. When I've played with you in the past you have been a guy that quickly gathers momentum - you get your bearings without being too distracted by the white noise and make consistently good decisions. The fact that we are midway through Day 3 and you don't feel like you have any feel gives me some concern.

Is it a fair argument? Hmmm, guess that depends on your perspective. I'm in an end-justifies-the-means sort of mood right now, given our slow start in this game.

The problem that sometimes arises when publishing these lists is that villagers take it personally when you list them as suspicious. If this is the case for you, I would urge you to consider the others on the list and help us make better collective decisions. If you are a wolf, I would appreciate it if you would 'fess up right about now.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:14 PM   #770
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
The problem that sometimes arises when publishing these lists is that villagers take it personally when you list them as suspicious.

I don't take any of it personally. Just explaining where I am right now in this game.

I will say that the Lathum / DT play is very interesting and I'm gaining some insight there, but have to run for a bit. Will post more later.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:39 PM   #771
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

the lathum/me interplay is interesting.

1. I'm a villager
2. If lathum was villager+seer he'd have no reason to gun for me thinking I was a wolf, he could scan me first
3. If lathum is just villager then he could think I was a wolf
4. if lathum was a wolf then he could be pushing for the village to lynch me because he knows i'm a villager and he could suspect I am some form of special character or not. Presumably he doesn't think i'm duke/seer but he may think i'm bg/scout. Either way, if he can be in a defensibile position like he at least seems to think he is, it's likely not a bad play, especially as i've already drawn heat from others in the game.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:54 PM   #772
hoopsguy
General Manager

Here is what I show for votes, as of Post #771:
Hoops - Purdue (636)
Torgo - Lathum (658), Pass (667)
Pass - Hoops (743)
Path - JE (746), Torgo (749)

Am I missing anyone? That would leave four non-votes at the moment.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:13 PM   #773
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Distrust:
8. Path - seems to be caught up in role-playing more than analysis up to this point.

Jack Parkman does not agree. Jack Parkman has had plenty of things to say about this game. It is not Jack Parkman's fault if people are so distracted by the sheer magnificence of Jack Parkman to see what Jack Parkman may be actually saying.

Jack Parkman is ready to step it up at any time, for the record. The rest of you (Jack Parkman likes to think of you as his 'assistants') have done a fair job (Jack Parkman gives a special shout out to Pedro here) of getting us through the first two games. Jack Parkman can carry you for two more.

Jack Parkman is not one to idly speculate. Jack Parkman is a man of action, and Jack Parkman is watching everything that goes on carefully. When the time is right, Jack Parkman will give not an opinion, but a statement of fact.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:17 PM   #774
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

UNVOTE PATH12

VOTE LATHUM

reserve the right to move for self-preservation obviously
Old 08-09-2007, 04:19 PM   #775
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
UNVOTE PATH12

VOTE LATHUM

reserve the right to move for self-preservation obviously

So the option you think is most likely is that he's a wolf out to get you?
Old 08-09-2007, 04:21 PM   #776
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Why were you in such a rush to say you aren't the duke that you couldn't read the whole thread? Was it because your afraid my theory was going to get some legs?

If someone was pushing you as the duke and saying, "Hey, it's okay to vote for Lathum because he's the duke" wouldn't you want to squash that as soon as possible if you weren't the duke?
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 04:22 PM   #777
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

well it's either that or I vote for you pass. I presume that's not your first choice?
Old 08-09-2007, 04:23 PM   #778
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

just don't feel like a path vote is the right place to go at this point, with the info that we have
Old 08-09-2007, 04:24 PM   #779
path12
Coordinator

If Lathum thought DT was the duke, Jack Parkman can see why he voted for him from the standpoint of DT duking the lynch and proving himself good.

But Jack Parkman also sees that DT apparently would have no idea who was good or not (besides Jack Parkman), and therefore would have to pretty much just shoot in the dark.

Jack Parkman believes that is a very poor reason to vote for someone, and is not thrilled with Lathum at the moment. But there are others Jack Parkman is keeping his eye on for now. Although Jack Parkman has an incredible memory, he is going to check through some back posts.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:27 PM   #780
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
If Lathum thought DT was the duke, Jack Parkman can see why he voted for him from the standpoint of DT duking the lynch and proving himself good.

But Jack Parkman also sees that DT apparently would have no idea who was good or not (besides Jack Parkman), and therefore would have to pretty much just shoot in the dark.

Jack Parkman believes that is a very poor reason to vote for someone, and is not thrilled with Lathum at the moment. But there are others Jack Parkman is keeping his eye on for now. Although Jack Parkman has an incredible memory, he is going to check through some back posts.

how does Jack Parkman do with the ladies?
Old 08-09-2007, 04:28 PM   #781
KWhit
Coordinator

Lathum's play means one of two things in my opinion. I'm betting it means he's a wolf.

VOTE LATHUM
Old 08-09-2007, 04:28 PM   #782
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
well it's either that or I vote for you pass. I presume that's not your first choice?

I only ask because I'm looking for reasons to remove me vote from you. No need to be threatening. The reason I ask is because, if you're a villager, then based on yesterday I would think you might be more inclined to view Lathum as a misguided villager. Just seems odd that you went the other way on this one.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:29 PM   #783
KWhit
Coordinator

Hoops - Purdue (636)
Torgo - Lathum (658), Pass (667)
Pass - Hoops (743)
Path - JE (746)
Lathum - DaddyTorgo (774), KWhit (781)
Old 08-09-2007, 04:30 PM   #784
Gonzo
Mascot

Lathum is not a wolf. Do you seriously think he'd be this aggressive if he was? Hoopsguy is talking about KWhit trying to play differently, and now it seems like he's trying to start a bandwagon.

VOTE KWHIT
Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 04:38 PM   #785
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

UNVOTE LATHUM

no, I do think you are right pass. Just not sure who the other candidates are at this point, and I have to be worried cuz i'm in the lead.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:39 PM   #786
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
how does Jack Parkman do with the ladies?

Supermodels are afraid they are not in Jack Parkman's league.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:40 PM   #787
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I haven't seen much talk about this but I'll use my second step it up skill tonight to see if we can get ahead of those Yanks.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 04:42 PM   #788
path12
Coordinator

Jack Parkman wishes to note that two people have supported each other on two different ideas today: that the seer should reveal themself on day 3, and that a vote for someone was really a way to find out if they had a role or not.

Jack Parkman is likely going to vote for one of them today.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:42 PM   #789
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
UNVOTE LATHUM

no, I do think you are right pass. Just not sure who the other candidates are at this point, and I have to be worried cuz i'm in the lead.

That's cool. As long as you're being honest about that.

UNVOTE DADDYTORGO
Old 08-09-2007, 04:43 PM   #790
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
Lathum is not a wolf. Do you seriously think he'd be this aggressive if he was?

Yes.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:44 PM   #791
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Jack Parkman wishes to note that two people have supported each other on two different ideas today: that the seer should reveal themself on day 3, and that a vote for someone was really a way to find out if they had a role or not.

Jack Parkman is likely going to vote for one of them today.

That's a good point. Lathum and...JE? I seem to remember him agreeing to a seer reveal...did he also support voting for someone to find out if he had a role?
Old 08-09-2007, 04:44 PM   #792
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
Lathum is not a wolf. Do you seriously think he'd be this aggressive if he was? Hoopsguy is talking about KWhit trying to play differently, and now it seems like he's trying to start a bandwagon.

VOTE KWHIT

Bandwagon? I do not think that word means what you think it means. 2 votes does not a bandwagon make.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:46 PM   #793
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
That's a good point. Lathum and...JE? I seem to remember him agreeing to a seer reveal...did he also support voting for someone to find out if he had a role?

I think this is the at least the fourth time you've tried to turn the spotlight on me. Why?
Old 08-09-2007, 04:48 PM   #794
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
I think this is the at least the fourth time you've tried to turn the spotlight on me. Why?

The other at least three times, it was because I thought you were under the radar. This last time, it was because I thought you might have been the other person (besides Lathum) that path was talking about, and figured I'd just ask him rather than go back and find it myself.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:49 PM   #795
Passacaglia
Coordinator

For the record, I don't remember you saying anything about voting for someone to get them to reveal a role, JE. I feel like that might have been having to do with MikeVic. Who was that -- KWhit? Did he also call for a seer reveal?
Old 08-09-2007, 04:50 PM   #796
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
The other at least three times, it was because I thought you were under the radar. This last time, it was because I thought you might have been the other person (besides Lathum) that path was talking about, and figured I'd just ask him rather than go back and find it myself.

I agreed that the seer should come forward (still do), but I didn't agree with the voting for DT because he could possibly be the duke. To me, that's a weak reason to vote for someone.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:55 PM   #797
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Yeah, it looks like the only one I see besides JE who said a seer reveal would be a good idea today is hoops.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:55 PM   #798
path12
Coordinator

Jack Parkman believes strongly that a seer should be given more than two chances to find a wolf before revealing. Encouraging the idea is either insane or wolfish, and although everyone in this clubhouse is beneath Jack Parkman he does not believe any of you are insane.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:05 PM   #799
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Jack Parkman believes strongly that a seer should be given more than two chances to find a wolf before revealing. Encouraging the idea is either insane or wolfish, and although everyone in this clubhouse is beneath Jack Parkman he does not believe any of you are insane.

If there were more of us left I might agree with you, but with only ten of us around and two of those wolves, we need some info or we're screwed.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:10 PM   #800
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
If there were more of us left I might agree with you, but with only ten of us around and two of those wolves, we need some info or we're screwed.

It's 8-2 right now. Worst case it is 6-2 after a night kill tonight. Very worst case is 4-2 after two days and nights. Jack Parkman would have no problem with any reveal then.

But Jack Parkman is convinced that encouraging the idea when it is 8-2 and we have won two games is not in the best interest of the team.