Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-27-2009, 01:56 AM   #751
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
typically not for the bugfixes no

nah, i was thinking more along the lines of strikers scoring too many goals f.e.

Any idea ?

@ Big Fo : Not much i gather, at least not enough to really attract good free players. Your best bet for that first year will be to be quick and immediately go after some players available for loan (let your assistant compile a loan report for your problem positions, much better that the loan list as he gives you players not listed that will still come on loan !)
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 08:53 AM   #752
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

@whomario - for a fix like that you wouldn't need to start over. the only thing you might have to start over for is fixing some things like competition names or maybe calendar type things...stuff like that. there's probably a thread over on the SI forums saying this in more detail and more correctly - that's just off the top of my (pre-coffee) head

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 11-27-2009 at 08:53 AM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 08:55 AM   #753
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

FYI all - My San Marino dynasty is up in the dynasty thread. Bit sloppy on the formatting of a couple of the initial screenshots, but i found a good size pretty quickly (800x800).
Old 11-27-2009, 09:57 AM   #754
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
@whomario - for a fix like that you wouldn't need to start over. the only thing you might have to start over for is fixing some things like competition names or maybe calendar type things...stuff like that. there's probably a thread over on the SI forums saying this in more detail and more correctly - that's just off the top of my (pre-coffee) head

Thanks for that, thought so as well. The SI forums are so cluttered i only really visit the tactics forum over there ...

I just missed promotion, which i´m not too unhappy about. In the end i wanted it badly though, once it became a realistic possibility...

My defense has been stellar, with (i think) only 31 goals conceded in 42 regular season games.
Have a unique situation at hand though : My goalkeeper was on loan from Reggina, while their Goalkeeper was on loan from me (pre-arranged in the DB)
So now those switch clubs again and i´m torn between buying my season Goalkeeper (and selling the one that was on loan) or just let the switch go through The one that was away looks a bit better, but not much while with the one i had on loan i know he got the job done (and then some).

Bought the young DM that i had on loan from Juventus for only 160K despite the arranged price (there was one afterall ...) being 500K, on me enquiring they asked for only 160 and i´ll take it. He wouldn´t ever crack the Juventus lineup, for me he´ll be a fixture for the following years.
Let my other loanees walk back to their clubs.

If i get a good powerfull striker, a creative midfielder and maybe another versatile defender i should be a top candidate for promotion again.

Got a transfer budget of 2.4 mio and an aditional wage budget of 1.0 mio (wages now = 3 mio, wages allowed = 4 mio). Way up from last season and should easily allow me to cover those 3 areas.
Áctually allready got a 20 year old 4 star DC/DL on a free out of the youths of Inter.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:24 AM   #755
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

2.4 mil? jeebus. my transfer budget was 160k!
Old 11-27-2009, 10:34 AM   #756
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

how come my board will allow scouting of countries that do not show up on the scout's list of countries to go and scout?

my board will let me scout argentina, but it's not on the scout's list of countries to choose from...
Old 11-27-2009, 11:06 AM   #757
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
2.4 mil? jeebus. my transfer budget was 160k!

first year mine was only 300K as well But i played above expectations, drawing more fans and getting more TV money because of it (and earned more then i spend in terms of transfers)
Still, i´m fully aware of the luxuary Had 45 with Fiorentina after my first season and allways 40+ with Hoffenheim the last 4 or 5 seasons with FM09, so i´ll still have to adjust
Old 11-27-2009, 07:10 PM   #758
whomario
Pro Starter

So, that transfer window went down pretty swell. Turns out the german scout i hired had good knowledge of the balkan area and recommended a croatian midfielder and a slovenian striker who i both signed, the midfielder cost me 1.6 mio while the striker was a freebie (both around 350 k in wages)
Loaned another striker from Fiorentina and bought a young Italian Midfielder with great potential.

Also decided to make an offer for one of last season´s loan players. I´m kind of hoping Lazio will send a player or 2 my way, but am confident anyhow.

However, the teams that got relegated (Parma, Bologna and Siena) all look really strong and so far didn´t loose many key players, so competition will be stiff.

however, my best player (who i didn´t get to perform last year but whome i have a plan for this year ...) wants to move to a bigger club and with just 1 year on his contract i might sell him to get sth out of that ... Fun Fact : The guy speaks 7 languages at age 22

Just as i typed this my chairman accepted a 2.6 mio offer for the guy from Standard Liege. Guess i can´t begrudge the player for going to the biggest club of his home country ...

Last edited by whomario : 11-28-2009 at 08:01 AM.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:44 PM   #759
AlexB
Pro Starter

Over the last couple of days I have finally realised that I can get my Ass Man to do all of things I hate - team talks, press conferences, opposition instructions... - the first two I knew, the third was a revelation.

I don;t care if I lose an edge - the setting & altering of opposition instructions is an arduous chore, and in no way even resemebles any concept of fun, much like the other two areas.

I now, for the first time in as long as I can remember, have a game that feels like a game as opposed to a drag, which basically cuts out a lot of the more recently added 'improvements'. Big kudos to backroom advice as well while I'm at it.

FM = fun again, now if they can get the loan interest search fixed as well, I would be truly happy!

Last edited by AlexB : 11-27-2009 at 07:44 PM.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:32 PM   #760
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
@ Big Fo : Not much i gather, at least not enough to really attract good free players. Your best bet for that first year will be to be quick and immediately go after some players available for loan (let your assistant compile a loan report for your problem positions, much better that the loan list as he gives you players not listed that will still come on loan !)

The total wage allotment went up around 30% but the board also gave me £5m to spend on players. Nobody that would want to play for my team is worth anywhere near that so I took a million out of that and increased the wage limit to £90k p/w. That was enough to get a few new starters in. The loan report helped shore up some depth where the registration limit and general crappyness of my backups in Serie C1 was a problem, I got a backup keeper and center back in for cheap loans. I also picked up a few decent prospects on Trial Day, some of the younger guys released by the bigger Serie A clubs in the offseason might be good enough to start for me in a year or two. They also help get around the registration limit like the loaned players do.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 06:35 AM   #761
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
I also picked up a few decent prospects on Trial Day, some of the younger guys released by the bigger Serie A clubs in the offseason might be good enough to start for me in a year or two. They also help get around the registration limit like the loaned players do.

yeah, those are allways a good bet. Even as a promotion contender in Serie B i picked up one there who´s a good backup at DL (and only because the starting DL is an incredibly well rounded player in his prime who was there from the start) .

My new playmaker i got because my midfield didn´t create chances with good passes just scored all 4 goals in a 4-1 win. Well, that works i suppose (he wasn´t even instructed to, set him as advanced playmaker with support duty and a few adjustments)

the 3-1 was particularly pleasing as it was exactly how i imagined my new "when i´m in the lead" formation (4-2-3-1) to work : Pass to the target man who comes deep ---> who directly lays it off to the outside player ---> cross ---> chance for a midfielder shooting into the gap.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:52 AM   #762
sposfan
Mascot

In regards to getting the Assman to set the opposition instructions, he can also do it during the game as well, taking into consideration substitutions and the like, at any time.
sposfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 12:17 PM   #763
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sposfan View Post
In regards to getting the Assman to set the opposition instructions, he can also do it during the game as well, taking into consideration substitutions and the like, at any time.

Yeah - it made the game flow so much more for me when I realised this!
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:40 PM   #764
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

What a great year! Picked my favorite team to play as, Manchester City, and led them to a 4th place finish in the EPL.

In the FA Cup semi-finals, we beat Liverpool 2-1 and face off against Chelsea in the finals.

At half-time right now, and we're up 2-0!
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:43 PM   #765
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i haven't gotten to play at all this weekend - so far it bites
Old 11-29-2009, 01:15 PM   #766
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chelsea scores 3 goals in the second half and has the lead going into the final 10 minutes.

But in the 88th, Teves scores to tie it up! We go into extra time and both periods are scoreless, so we head to penalties. Amazingly, we made it through a man down due to a second yellow card.

No one misses through six rounds, but finally, the Chelsea keeper stops one and their next guy clinches the win. UGH.

We were outshot 31-8, and they had 7 clear cut chances.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:24 PM   #767
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

ugh

sucks jets
Old 11-29-2009, 01:29 PM   #768
whomario
Pro Starter

so, after that 4 goal explosion my new midfield general went on to have 5 more goals and 11 assists in 15 games (so 9+11 in 15 games) and many more great plays, we were 1st and then he injures his knee and my offense goes dry with only 6 goals in the next 8 games. Now 25 games into the year i´m 3rd and again the table is close again. Ibricic now back at 100% and i hope it picks up.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:08 PM   #769
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsIn06 View Post
We were outshot 31-8, and they had 7 clear cut chances.
That sucks - hard luck.

PS - ALWAYS keep a nippy striker on the bench for Cup matches, even if he's a relatively young/untried player - if a match goes to extra time throw him on, when the defense is tired fresh legs, especially fast legs can make a huge difference - even if the rest of your team is knackered just get them to pump the ball up for him to chase ... don't EVER let it go to penalties if you can help it (being English I'm used to losing on penalties ).
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:20 PM   #770
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
how come my board will allow scouting of countries that do not show up on the scout's list of countries to go and scout?

my board will let me scout argentina, but it's not on the scout's list of countries to choose from...

I think this is because the scout has 0 knowledge of Argentina. You would need to hire a scout that is either Argentinian, from a country close to Argentina or somebody that has spent some time in Argentina previously.

I actually love this little wrinkle. Especially with lower league clubs where you can only have one scout, I always try to get a guy who has some knowledge in France because there are so many bargains in that country. If he has France and an African/Carribean nation (which is a pretty common combo) all the better. I think it's pretty realistic too, you can say "go scout this guy in Argentina and watch all his matches" and he's fine, but if he has no local knowledge, doesn't speak the language and has no contacts, how is he going to go and do a full scale scour of the entire country for talent?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 04:35 PM   #771
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I think this is because the scout has 0 knowledge of Argentina. You would need to hire a scout that is either Argentinian, from a country close to Argentina or somebody that has spent some time in Argentina previously.

I actually love this little wrinkle. Especially with lower league clubs where you can only have one scout, I always try to get a guy who has some knowledge in France because there are so many bargains in that country. If he has France and an African/Carribean nation (which is a pretty common combo) all the better. I think it's pretty realistic too, you can say "go scout this guy in Argentina and watch all his matches" and he's fine, but if he has no local knowledge, doesn't speak the language and has no contacts, how is he going to go and do a full scale scour of the entire country for talent?

i have a scout with argentina knowledge. not sure if that's the guy i was trying to send...but i will check.

confirmed - my scout with knowledge of argentina (3/4 of a bar, his 2nd highest), cannot scout argentina. despite the board saying they will allow scouting in argentina

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 11-29-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:38 PM   #772
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

A scout can scout countries he doesn't have knowledge in.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 04:57 PM   #773
SackAttack
Head Coach

When the player controlling the ball gets flagged for offside some time after he took control, is that a delayed call based upon a previous infraction, or is there something else I'm missing?
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 05:01 PM   #774
henry296
College Starter

Consider it a delayed call where the assistant ref signals offside, but the head ref doesn't immediatley acknowledge it.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:12 PM   #775
kingfc22
Head Coach

Half way through our first year in Serie C1/A and we are sitting in 6th place with 26 points. Only 4 points separate us from 3rd and we are 10 points clear of the relegation play-out zone.

I've actually had to mix up my tactics this season after rolling through Serie C2 last year.

Having a blast!
Old 11-29-2009, 06:22 PM   #776
Izulde
Head Coach

I'm shockingly in 10th place with Worcester and we've been on a good run of form after I released our assman/DC guy to hire a much better assman who I let take control of Opposition Instructions.

Not much chance of breaking into promotion playoffs, I don't think, though we've only played 23 league games so far. But on the other hand, we were relegation candidates in preseason and are now 11 points out of the drop zone, so I think we're good.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:30 PM   #777
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
Consider it a delayed call where the assistant ref signals offside, but the head ref doesn't immediatley acknowledge it.

Thanks!
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:47 PM   #778
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Question:

What's a good strategy to go after younger players? Where do I find the 16-17 year old youths who I can train at my club until they are contract eligible?
Old 11-30-2009, 12:03 AM   #779
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

I try and start fresh scout searches near the time of year when the new regens are developed. Someone on the SI boards cared enough to put a list together with the dates:

Quote:
Country Date Newgens are bought into game

Argentina 1st August
Barbados 19th September
Belarus 10th February
Belgium 29th June
Brazil 2nd January
Bulgaria 29th June
Chile 1st January
Colombia 10th January
Croatia 18th June
Czech Republic 28th June
Denmark 5th July
England 25th June
Finland 7th January
France 20th June
Germany 20th June
Greece 19th June
Holland 7th July
Hungary 19th June
Iceland 5th January
Ireland 5th January
Israel Date Needed
Italy 30th June
Mexico 20th July
N. Ireland 29th April
Norway 18th January
Peru 29th January
Poland 28th June
Portugal 20th June
Romania Date Needed
Russia 26th December
Serbia 9th July
Slovakia 28th June
Slovenia 28th June
Spain 10th July
Sweden 25th December
Switzerland 18th June
Trinidad & Tobago 19th September
Turkey 19th June
Ukraine 18th June
USA 26th December
Uraguay 1st August
Wales 18th June

Also if you're a smaller team you can go through the list of youngsters released by bigger clubs each offseason and scout some of the better looking ones to see if they might be good enough to play for your first team one day. In England and Italy (only countries I've managed in so far, this could work for others) some free agent youngsters will be put on two Trial Day teams in preseason and they face off in a friendly. I managed to get a few guys for my Serie B team last offseason by scouting this, there were a couple of 3 star players.

Last edited by Big Fo : 11-30-2009 at 12:06 AM.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:20 AM   #780
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Thanks!

Now, I see some 15 year old just got added to my youth roster. Where did he come from? Are youths automatically added to my roster? Sorry, just not sure how the whole regen/youth thing works.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:45 AM   #781
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Once per year (in the offseason, the same day the league table switches from the previously completed season to the upcoming one) a new crop of youngsters is added to the youth team automatically, it should show up as a news item with your assistant specifically mentioning the one he thinks is the brightest prospect. Their skills will generally depend on how good your youth facilities are, what country you are in (as a whole Brazil will produce more good youngsters per offseason than Northern Ireland for instance), and there's some randomness too.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:49 AM   #782
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Country Date Newgens are bought into game

Argentina 1st August
Barbados 19th September
Belarus 10th February
Belgium 29th June
Brazil 2nd January
Bulgaria 29th June
Chile 1st January
Colombia 10th January
Croatia 18th June
Czech Republic 28th June
Denmark 5th July
England 25th June
Finland 7th January
France 20th June
Germany 20th June
Greece 19th June
Holland 7th July
Hungary 19th June
Iceland 5th January
Ireland 5th January
Israel Date Needed
Italy 30th June
Mexico 20th July
N. Ireland 29th April
Norway 18th January
Peru 29th January
Poland 28th June
Portugal 20th June
Romania Date Needed
Russia 26th December
Serbia 9th July
Slovakia 28th June
Slovenia 28th June
Spain 10th July
Sweden 25th December
Switzerland 18th June
Trinidad & Tobago 19th September
Turkey 19th June
Ukraine 18th June
USA 26th December
Uraguay 1st August
Wales 18th June

ill add to this list. i know all the carrebean (sp?) and central america (excluding mexico) get regens on sept 19

almost all of asia and the middle east get thier regens on Dec 10. might be 11th or 12th not 100% sure

also other non eu countries have thier date on July 9th, like Boznia, Albania, ect. this looks like the old Yugoslavia new season date. i think the baltic states (Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia) also have thier date then too and are all 3 EU

if your a lower league manager look for Baltic regens, they get the good one every now and then. also scour Ireland and Iceland on Jan 6th, they get lots of good regens that can help a lower team

ohh forgot to mention all of Africa gets their regens on January 15th

Last edited by bulletsponge : 11-30-2009 at 08:50 AM.
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:01 PM   #783
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Minor Patch is out: Steam auto updates next time you launch the game.

Fixes are:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIGames
Football Manager 2010 v10.1.1
-----------------------------

- Fixed the game running out of memory when entering a match for some users
- Fixed the game sometimes losing activated status on Uniloc-protected versions
- Fixed a Mac-only crash relating the incorrect loading of a sound file
- Fixed a rare crash in the tactics panel
- Fixed rare issue with score divergence
- Fixed occasional crash when responding to red card

Nice to see the memory crash has been fixed (hopefully)
Old 11-30-2009, 01:02 PM   #784
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
ill add to this list. i know all the carrebean (sp?) and central america (excluding mexico) get regens on sept 19

Last I checked, Mexico was in North America.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:16 PM   #785
Izulde
Head Coach

My demo time ran out, so I'll either start up another game when I have time or take the plunge and buy.

Old 11-30-2009, 02:59 PM   #786
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
My demo time ran out, so I'll either start up another game when I have time or take the plunge and buy.

buyyyy....it's like crack for your pc!!!
Old 11-30-2009, 03:09 PM   #787
RainMaker
General Manager

This game is crack. Still learning as I go along but I'm having a blast so far. Hoping to start a new one in a week now that I've learned a lot of stuff.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:10 PM   #788
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Anyone else buy through digital download (non-Steam) and not have access to the patch? I've clicked on the right patch link at the SI Forums and get a blank page.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:06 PM   #789
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
buyyyy....it's like crack for your pc!!!

This is actually the first FM I could see myself playing long enough to get my money's worth of it. It's amazing how much the improved interface, aids to help you ease into the game and the 3D match view have given me enjoyment and fun like no other version of FM I've ever played.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:44 PM   #790
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Last I checked, Mexico was in North America.

all of central america is in north america.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:47 AM   #791
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

bumpity for blacky
Old 12-01-2009, 12:07 PM   #792
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

bump for all my honkies too
Old 12-01-2009, 12:10 PM   #793
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
bumpity for blacky

Thankity for DT
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:12 PM   #794
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
bump for all my honkies too

you don't have honkies fool
Old 12-01-2009, 12:39 PM   #795
path12
Coordinator

Bored with the main euro leagues, so decided to start a new career in Romania with a team from Transylvania with the awesome nickname of the Blue Vampires.

Gloria Bisriti FTW!!!
Old 12-01-2009, 01:01 PM   #796
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Bored with the main euro leagues, so decided to start a new career in Romania with a team from Transylvania with the awesome nickname of the Blue Vampires.

Gloria Bisriti FTW!!!

that's pretty frigging awesome!
Old 12-01-2009, 01:33 PM   #797
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post

Gloria Bisriti FTW!!!

you vant to suck

btw how far down are they?
Old 12-01-2009, 02:52 PM   #798
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
bumpity for blacky
thanks whitey
Old 12-01-2009, 03:02 PM   #799
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
you vant to suck

btw how far down are they?

It's the main Romanian league, I believe it's called Liga I. Media predicts bottom third somewhere, my board wants me safe from relegation.

Also using real players for a change, usually prefer fictional.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:10 PM   #800
BigDPW
College Prospect

For anyone that uses a mouse with extra buttons are you able to use your mouse's back and forward buttons with FM10?

For the life of me I can't get my mouse to work for that and swear this was in FM08 or 07... I remember dancing that this was added. I know is seems like a minor annoyance but I also can't hotkey the back forward buttons with the keyboard based on the way I am reading the setup for hotkeys in the demo.

I posted about this last week and no one answered. PM'ed Marc Vaughn same time and no reply which is unusual as he is usually quick to reply to stuff like that.

BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote