Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-24-2008, 03:05 PM   #751
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
I think we're all kind of suspicious of Heinz/Pass/Tyrith so while it may be partisan at least it's actually based on werewolf logic today.

Ironically, the only 3 republicans that have been in attendance today.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:06 PM   #752
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
I think we're all kind of suspicious of Heinz/Pass/Tyrith so while it may be partisan at least it's actually based on werewolf logic today.

That is what I was thinking too, although I am sure the repubs wont look at it like that at all. Oh well, my vote is out there.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:06 PM   #753
mccollins
College Prospect

In the main thread at least (well, RendeR was in there earlier)...
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:14 PM   #754
chesapeake
College Starter

Speaking of AWOL members -- how come we never hear from Henry? IF we are to make an effort to get him reseated, I'd like to have some tiny idea that he sint' a wolf.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:16 PM   #755
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
Speaking of AWOL members -- how come we never hear from Henry? IF we are to make an effort to get him reseated, I'd like to have some tiny idea that he sint' a wolf.

I agree with you and I don't know. I don't remember seeing anything from him stating working habits or anything. Maybe someone else remembers or can find it easier than I?
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:37 PM   #756
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

I'm more suspicious of Mrs Schmidty than them personally.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:42 PM   #757
chesapeake
College Starter

Henry, Mrs. S, PB, Prez Illini and, until lately, RendeR have been mostly AWOL this game. That bothers me mightily.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:44 PM   #758
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Chubby, question on your 746 post. How does your campaign being sabotaged by a non-wolf make you trust others? I still don't see it after reading your post. If a non-wolf made a move, especially if that was on their own, to sabotage you how could a wolf do anything to prevent that?

Even if the Democratic wolves found that out, why would they want to go out of their way to stop it? They want you out of power no matter which party they are in. Especially if this helps them gain more votes.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:50 PM   #759
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Chubby, question on your 746 post. How does your campaign being sabotaged by a non-wolf make you trust others? I still don't see it after reading your post. If a non-wolf made a move, especially if that was on their own, to sabotage you how could a wolf do anything to prevent that?

Even if the Democratic wolves found that out, why would they want to go out of their way to stop it? They want you out of power no matter which party they are in. Especially if this helps them gain more votes.

I'm not sold on the rest of the party not knowing. They have been very coordinated in their actions publicly thus far.

A wolf wouldn't stop it if a non-wolf was sabotaging another non-wolf. That's exactly my point I think they WOULD stop it if it was on another wolf.

This is why I trust KWhit and henry more than I did previously. I think that the rest of the Repubs did know what was going on and that if KWhit and henry were wolves, the Repub wolves would have stopped it or another wolf would have blocked the sabotage.

Crap, I think I am getting lathum and kwhit mixed up... yah I got them mixed up.

This would be why I trust lathum and henry more than I used to. I still am not convinced KWhit is bad.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:56 PM   #760
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

jeheinz is really starting to ping my wolf radar with hit vote on lathum
Old 07-24-2008, 04:00 PM   #761
KWhit
Coordinator

Got my response from CR. He says this:

Quote:
I am inclined to believe this would pass muster judicially even with the roles out there, if it is acceptable to the party to have a very low percentage for the identifying clause. I would suggest 10%. I have much more of an issue with a higher percentage on that than on the save percentage, which I would be willing to go much higher (50% is my first suggestion, but I am far more open on that).>>
> >
That would be tight enough of a roll to pass as a fourth role, IMO, without crossing over into being too strong.>>

What do you think? Go with these percentages? Or try 75% chance to protect with no chance at identification or something like that?
Old 07-24-2008, 04:01 PM   #762
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post

What do you think? Go with these percentages? Or try 75% chance to protect with no chance at identification or something like that?

can you repost the bill? i missed it while trying to catch up
Old 07-24-2008, 04:02 PM   #763
KWhit
Coordinator

NATIONALIZED HEALTHCARE BILL

WHEREAS, we are all endowed by our Creator with certain unalienable Rights, including Life, lace w:st="on">Libertylace>, and the Pursuit of Happiness. This Congress believes that the second and third are currently cared for. lace w:st="on">Libertylace>? Well, we got that statue. Pursuit of Happiness? Internet pr0n (I rest my case). However, the first right is under attack from the Wolf threat.

BE IT RESOLVED:

Nationally sponsored and supported healthcare is hereby established for all citizens (as long as you're a Congressman and not a member of the Wolf Party). This mechanism allows for a member of congress to be named as "Doctor" and granted certain special attributes: >>
  1. The Doctor may choose one Congressperson per night to protect (the doctor may not protect himself). >>
  2. If the protected Congressperson is attacked by wolves, the Doctor will be there to save him or her (percentage chance to be determined by CR). A saved Congressperson shall have also have a chance of identifying his or her attacker (percentage chance to be determined by CR).>>
The Doctor shall be chosen randomly by our Creator from the pool of non-Wolf members of Congress who do not currently possess another role created by a previous bill.>>
> >
Old 07-24-2008, 04:02 PM   #764
KWhit
Coordinator

Ugh. That pasted weird from Word. Hold on.....
Old 07-24-2008, 04:03 PM   #765
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:

10% ID is about as good as no chance. I think we beef up the protection to 66 or 75 and drop the ID
Old 07-24-2008, 04:03 PM   #766
KWhit
Coordinator

NATIONALIZED HEALTHCARE BILL

WHEREAS, we are all endowed by our Creator with certain unalienable Rights, including Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. This Congress believes that the second and third are currently cared for. Liberty? Well, we got that statue. Pursuit of Happiness? Internet pr0n (I rest my case). However, the first right is under attack from the Wolf threat.

BE IT RESOLVED:

Nationally sponsored and supported healthcare is hereby established for all citizens (as long as you're a Congressman and not a member of the Wolf Party). This mechanism allows for a member of congress to be named as "Doctor" and granted certain special attributes:
  1. The Doctor may choose one Congressperson per night to protect (the doctor may not protect himself).
  2. If the protected Congressperson is attacked by wolves, the Doctor will be there to save him or her (percentage chance to be determined by CR). A saved Congressperson shall have also have a chance of identifying his or her attacker (percentage chance to be determined by CR).
The Doctor shall be chosen randomly by our Creator from the pool of non-Wolf members of Congress who do not currently possess another role created by a previous bill.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:03 PM   #767
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
10% ID is about as good as no chance. I think we beef up the protection to 66 or 75 and drop the ID

Yep. That was my thinking. I sent it back with 75% and 0% to see if that would be okay.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:03 PM   #768
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

heh, the font made me miss it

I like
Old 07-24-2008, 04:04 PM   #769
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yep. That was my thinking. I sent it back with 75% and 0% to see if that would be okay.

Yeah that would be better.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:07 PM   #770
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

not that I can vote on said bill grrrrrrrrrrr....
Old 07-24-2008, 04:07 PM   #771
KWhit
Coordinator

He said 75% and 0% was fine. So I'll present that one.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:08 PM   #772
KWhit
Coordinator

Any suggestions on slurries yet?
Old 07-24-2008, 04:11 PM   #773
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Any suggestions on slurries yet?

Slurry the repubs that did the weakest in their local elections.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:14 PM   #774
chesapeake
College Starter

Since you can see that you've been slurried, we probably want to use a little deception. I wish I had a read on who their more vulnerable members might be, but they all did about equally well.

I say 1 slurry each on their awols -- PB and Mrs. S. Maybe the 3rd on Ty. Then, in the election year, try to slam Heinze with the hope of knnocking him off, getting henry's seat back, and also pulling his over.

Attacking the middle ultimately seems like the most effective way to regain control of the Chamber.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:15 PM   #775
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Is it just me or does anyone else think that Repub bill will get striken down? I'd love if it it passes and makes it thru but with CR seemingly already curbing our power how is that one going to make it???

Just venting here for a minute as opposed to the regular thread... /sigh
Old 07-24-2008, 04:15 PM   #776
KWhit
Coordinator

I agree Chubby. No way that passes the supreme court.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:16 PM   #777
KWhit
Coordinator

I'll probably vote for it, just in case. It would be a huge bonus to the village if it passes.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:21 PM   #778
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I don't think that bill will pass either.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:21 PM   #779
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'll probably vote for it, just in case. It would be a huge bonus to the village if it passes.

I'd vote for it if I could

Agree with above. This sucks ass only being able to vote for wolf. Still leaning towards heinz
Old 07-24-2008, 04:22 PM   #780
chesapeake
College Starter

Intriguing. Heinze and RendeR are essentially throwing the Speaker's race to us. Hopefully Pass will surface and tell me why.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:24 PM   #781
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

so I am still foggy on the political side of this..

Isn't it odd that Heinze is sponsoring a bill that is likely destined to fail?

Isn't that wolfish?
Old 07-24-2008, 04:25 PM   #782
KWhit
Coordinator

I decided to vote against their bill. I don't feel that I can take a political hit on a Repub bill (especially if it is overturned - which I assume adds another political hit).
Old 07-24-2008, 04:26 PM   #783
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
so I am still foggy on the political side of this..

Isn't it odd that Heinze is sponsoring a bill that is likely destined to fail?

Isn't that wolfish?

He's acted fairly odd all game.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:30 PM   #784
KWhit
Coordinator

Also, I would rather us not vote as a block today. I put my vote where I would like to keep it. I might change if I need to to save someone who I feel strongly is a villager, but I'd rather not just change due to partisanship like I did last night.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:33 PM   #785
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Right now heinze and pass jump out at me. I think my vote is going on heinz but will protect a Dem if needed (unless there's a dem that jumps out as wolf soon)
Old 07-24-2008, 04:35 PM   #786
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

What kind of bill is the Republican Bill? There is no chance at what-so-ever that bill passes. If Chubby's bill yesterday was too much, this is WAY too much.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:41 PM   #787
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
Here's my thoughts on last night and elections... (still catching up on main thread)

I know I'm a villager and now we know the person who sabotaged my election (was revealed in my PM, I would have won handily) was also a villager. This is making me lean into trusting KWhit and henry more now as I don't think the wolves would let their own people get knocked out of reelection.

I have two congressional elections that I can swing, I tried to use one last night to swing a powerful democrat who I thought was vulnerable but that person used one of their own swing abilities so I still have my two. If that person wants to come forward they can, they haven't so far so I don't know if they simply want to keep it to themselves or what but I respect that choice as well and won't name names.

I will use one of my swings on myself tomorrow night to assure reelection. I would hope that if KWhit and henry have similar abilities then they will do the same thing to ensure they get reelected as well.

I want to get a wolf tonight, i think party wise we need to get a Republican wolf since we're being forced into partisan crap by the Repubs. If someone has a very good Dem wolf vote then I'm not against doing that as well but I haven't seen anything to point to that yet.

I have an ability swing an election, so if I'm not censured, I'll be back in power.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:41 PM   #788
KWhit
Coordinator

Yep.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:43 PM   #789
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
I have an ability swing an election, so if I'm not censured, I'll be back in power.

and I meant Lathum and you for having swing abilities to getback into office. I think I got confused during the round and round last night but that is good to hear.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:47 PM   #790
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I'm glad you revised that. 10% wasn't worth having that clause in there at all.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:55 PM   #791
KWhit
Coordinator

What about this? Just throwing something out there.

Support path12
Support Eaglefan
Support Chesapeake

Slurry PurdueBrad
Slurry Tyrith
Slurry Mrs. Schmidty
Old 07-24-2008, 04:56 PM   #792
chesapeake
College Starter

I am OK with this support/slurry list
Old 07-24-2008, 05:01 PM   #793
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I'm placing my vote on heinz he's pinging the highest right now for me.

I'll be online off and on the rest of the night, I should be on at deadline but I took a beating from the girlfriend last night for being on the computer for as much as I was so I doubt I'll be able to be on for a couple hours straight.

At least she had a midshift today enabling me some comp time now
Old 07-24-2008, 05:02 PM   #794
KWhit
Coordinator

I'm going to go ahead and send that in because there's a slight chance I may not be back on before deadline and I want to get something in. So if you have any serious objections to that list let me know and I can send in a change to it when I get home later.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:05 PM   #795
chesapeake
College Starter

Going home. Should be on before deadline.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:08 PM   #796
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
I took a beating from the girlfriend last night for being on the computer for as much as I was so I doubt I'll be able to be on for a couple hours straight.

just wait until marriage
Old 07-24-2008, 05:11 PM   #797
henry296
College Starter

Hi guys,

Sorry for being AWOL most of the day. As I mentioned, I'm in training this week and thought it would be good for WW as I can multi-task. Unfortunately our table of 6 only has 2 network connections. I was unable to use one today as others needed it.

I just made a long post in the general thread with my thoughts on last night's activities. While I think being the speaker was good, the veto decision cost us.

As for sabotage, do we have anyone with that power? I know that a couple of us have power to swing the election in our favor. My power is to use my popularity to help myself or another member win their election. I think the republicans can use thiers to make someone lose.

As for the wolf vote, I thank everyone for their support last night and while it might've hurt packer, the veto was a bigger impact, which the republicans also supported and would've done if they were speaker. That's just bad luck.

As for me as a wolf, I don't know what to say. If a wolf was on the block, I think the other wolves would've pushed for a non-partisan vote because the most likely scenario yesterday with no data was a tie.

For tonight, I'm going to support either heinz or tyrith as a wolf, but won't vote until I get home and will make sure it isn't a 100% partisan vote (even though I'm not a democrat).
Old 07-24-2008, 05:14 PM   #798
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
just wait until marriage

I know. And I think everyone can already see the amount of posting I do on FOFC in general is waaaaaaaaaaaaay down from where it used to be already.

Good thing the wedding isn't til 8-8-09 (pretty much paying for it ourselves so it's in the distance to save save save!)
Old 07-24-2008, 05:16 PM   #799
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
Hi guys,

Sorry for being AWOL most of the day. As I mentioned, I'm in training this week and thought it would be good for WW as I can multi-task. Unfortunately our table of 6 only has 2 network connections. I was unable to use one today as others needed it.

I just made a long post in the general thread with my thoughts on last night's activities. While I think being the speaker was good, the veto decision cost us.

As for sabotage, do we have anyone with that power? I know that a couple of us have power to swing the election in our favor. My power is to use my popularity to help myself or another member win their election. I think the republicans can use thiers to make someone lose.

As for the wolf vote, I thank everyone for their support last night and while it might've hurt packer, the veto was a bigger impact, which the republicans also supported and would've done if they were speaker. That's just bad luck.

As for me as a wolf, I don't know what to say. If a wolf was on the block, I think the other wolves would've pushed for a non-partisan vote because the most likely scenario yesterday with no data was a tie.

For tonight, I'm going to support either heinz or tyrith as a wolf, but won't vote until I get home and will make sure it isn't a 100% partisan vote (even though I'm not a democrat).

sounds good. you're still a democrat, just a congressman with no district like me!
Old 07-24-2008, 05:36 PM   #800
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

is it just me or is jeheinz the only repub to vote for wolf today? I have 8 Dem's with a wolf vote and 1 Repub with a wolf vote in.