Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-26-2010, 10:08 PM   #751
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Heh, i actually avoided jumping into the Buffy discussion after the first remark. Season 6 really stunk generally, but 7 was a pretty decent ending I thought. And aside from the whole 'finding it's groove' aspect of season 1, the show was strong for the first 5 seasons.

and yeah, The Wire isn't even in the discussion. Too good to compare anything to it.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:20 PM   #752
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I think I'm likely in the tiny minority, but I feel like Friday Night Lights occasionally approaches the brilliance of The Wire, and is setting itself up for a somewhat graceful end (knock on wood). That said, the 2nd season of FNL was also one of (if not the) greatest missteps in TV history.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:37 PM   #753
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I think I'm likely in the tiny minority, but I feel like Friday Night Lights occasionally approaches the brilliance of The Wire, and is setting itself up for a somewhat graceful end (knock on wood). That said, the 2nd season of FNL was also one of (if not the) greatest missteps in TV history.

Seriously on FNL? I tried to watch it and after 4-5 episodes, just couldn't do it anymore. I found myself never having the motivation to watch that week's episode on the DVR. Did it get much better in later seasons or something?

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:15 PM   #754
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Seriously on FNL? I tried to watch it and after 4-5 episodes, just couldn't do it anymore. I found myself never having the motivation to watch that week's episode on the DVR. Did it get much better in later seasons or something?

It's a hard one to defend, and if you didn't buy in early after 4-5 episodes there is probably no reason for you to go back. FNL is like taking 90210 and mixing in every poor cliche from every football movie you've ever seen, and trying to apply the best possible production values, acting, and writing you can to those things...at it's heart it's still a teen drama, and a predictable sports drama. If those were the elements that turned you off, they certainly never disappear.

Buffy certainly had elements of teen drama, and just to kinda steer this thread back around, I'd put FNL's depth of characters and depiction of faith well above Lost (though again, it fucked both of those up good in season 2). FNL is cliched as hell, but their brilliance occasionally shines in taking cliched material, pressing the depth and twisting the expected results just a bit. The Wire for all its brilliance, (probably rightfully) never gets called on it's cliched roots, but at its base it's a cops and robbers show, apparently the most forgiving and popular medium to work in, and work from.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:23 PM   #755
MikeVic
Head Coach

Why is a Buffy discussion hidden in this thread.

Season 5 was probably my favourite. Didn't season 6 have the Once More With a Feeling episode? I haven't watched the series in a bit, but I remember season 4 being the only season I didn't really like. I hated that Adam mutant thing, The Initiative, and Riley or whatever his name was.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:16 AM   #756
hoopsguy
General Manager

Agree on Season 4 of Buffy being a train wreck if that was the Adam/Initiative season. Ugh. The Glory stuff sucked too, but not as much as Adam.

The fall-off from Seasons 2/3 to those seasons was really dramatic.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:36 AM   #757
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I agree - no more Buffy/Wire/FNL talk in a Lost thread

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:51 AM   #758
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

I heard about this on the radio this morning, so I decided to look into it further:

Quote:

Lost DVD Extra: The Hurley/Ben Years?

Michael Emerson teases an epilogue for the Complete Series DVD set.

If you're like us then we know you're wondering about Hurley and Ben's time on The Island as the new #1 and #2. How long did they stay there? Did they really change things and follow a "new way" of doing things? Did they face any new dangers or threats?

Well, we don't know if this will answer any of that, but Lost star Michael Emerson ("Ben") appeared on Attack of the Show! today and said that those people that spring for the Complete Series DVD set will be treated to an epilogue that provides a hint as to what went down after Jack died and Hurley took over as the new Mr. Rourke.

"For those people that want to pony up and buy the complete Lost series, there is a bonus feature, which is...you could call it an epilogue," explained Emerson. "A lost scene. It's a lot. It's 12 or 14 minutes that opens a window onto that gap of unknown time between Hurley becoming number one and the end of the series. It's self-contained, although it's a rich period in the show's mythology that 's never been explored, so who knows what will come of it."
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:55 AM   #759
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Agree on Season 4 of Buffy being a train wreck if that was the Adam/Initiative season. Ugh. The Glory stuff sucked too, but not as much as Adam.

The fall-off from Seasons 2/3 to those seasons was really dramatic.

I wasn't thrilled with Adam as a villain, but I thought, overall, the episodes in Season 4 where much stronger on the whole than the episodes in Season 5.

Season 6 did have "Once More With Feeling", but that was the exception to the rule. The whole Willow Addicted To Magic plotline was painful and stupid, especially that magic junkie crackhouse place.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:57 AM   #760
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post

Well, I guess the reason this came up is because I don't know what else can be said about Lost?

Those who liked/loved the finale liked/loved it for their reasons. Those that didn't, didn't for theirs. I think both sides are valid and I don't think discussing the merits/flaws of the finale are really going to sway anyone either way.

Personally, I am just glad that I was lucky enough to fall into the "like/love" camp.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 05-27-2010, 08:09 AM   #761
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post

Season 5 was probably my favourite. Didn't season 6 have the Once More With a Feeling episode? I haven't watched the series in a bit, but I remember season 4 being the only season I didn't really like. I hated that Adam mutant thing, The Initiative, and Riley or whatever his name was.

I understand people not being thrilled with S6, but it did have a bunch of GREAT indivdual episodes. In fact, these 4 episodes are some of the first things I think of when somebody mentions Buffy. Obviously 'Once More, With Feeling" but the very next episode, 'Tabula Rasa' was one of the best of the series. The wedding episode was fun, and of course, 'Normal Again' gets high praise from most people. Also, Tara getting shot was a very memorable moment from that season.

Speaking of Anya, she became my favorite character of the series.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:25 AM   #762
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post

Please gang... start a new thread for continued Buffy talk. The truth is I am not necessarily trying to sway someone's opinion about the Lost Finale. I find it an interesting discussion that has almost doubled the length of the entire thread. Days removed from the actual viewing, and I am still mulling some of what I saw and how I interpreted it.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:51 AM   #763
timmynausea
College Starter

Looking at Lost as a whole, I think it's easy to overlook how ambitious it was. This was a network show that was fairly daring just for being a cliffhanger serial with a huge cast, let alone asking existential questions and portraying philosophical themes like "fate vs. free will" and "science vs. faith" on an epic scale. Is there anything else even remotely close that I'm not thinking of? (And I love things like the Wire, but that's 1.) on a premium channel and 2.) essentially aiming for as realistic as possible - a completely respectable, valid goal, but nothing like what Lost was attempting.)

I do think the show fumbled many things along the way, some of them quite horribly. If they were truly thinking character first the whole time, they sure didn't give my favorite character, John Locke, a very good arc. After more or less stealing the show (IMO) in season 1, his story was a trainwreck from season 2 on. (I'll just throw out his flashback to his time as part of a commune/cult that was secretly growing weed as exhibit OMGWTF.) In fact, it was clear that they wanted to setup a Locke vs. Jack battle from the beginning. I think they came up with the "Locke becomes the smoke monster" thing along the way because they couldn't turn him evil like they originally planned.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:08 PM   #764
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I won't "pony up" for that dvd set after buying each season as it came out. I think it's a shame that they would have "us" do that in order to increase their bottom line.

I think I'll hold off till someone I know splurges on it and watch it then.

Shrug.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:09 PM   #765
bob
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
I think it's a shame that they would have "us" do that in order to increase their bottom line.

I can't say I'm surprised though. Similar to bands re-releasing an album with a few bonus tracks on it a year after it originally came out.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:18 PM   #766
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm guessing that this complete series is going run around 300 bucks...slightly more than a new album with bonus tracks.

You're right: It's similar, but just a larger pricetag.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:25 PM   #767
bob
College Starter

I think AMazon has it at $150 for DVD, $200 for BluRay
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:27 PM   #768
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm guessing that this complete series is going run around 300 bucks...slightly more than a new album with bonus tracks.

You're right: It's similar, but just a larger pricetag.

That seems a bit high of a price tag. I know for Christmas I got the full Lost series (prior to this current season) and it was only like $79.99 or something on sale at the time. Even with an added premium for special content, I would not think it was more than $200 tops and most likely less than that even.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:38 PM   #769
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Sorry for going OT re: Buffy in this thread!

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:40 PM   #770
Kodos
Resident Alien

I just came to the realization that this could be Jack's song:

Gotta Let It Go

All or nothing
Winner take it all away
In for the kill
There's blood on the water
It's flowing your way
Now I don't know nothing
But I know it's a long way down
The king of the hill
You reach for the sky
You're losin' your crown

You tell it to no one
You tell it to the sun
You tell it to the friends who've come and gone
You tell it to yourself
Again
Again

Gotta let it go
Gotta let it go give it away
Gotta let it go
Let it go

You came outta nothing
Crawling out of history
The man of the hour
You done the time
Now you hold the key
But there's always something
Something just beyond your reach
The bigger the prize
The more you desire
The less you can feel

You do it for yourself
There's really no one else
Another empty trophy on the shelf
But you're hanging on alone
Again
Again and again and again

Gotta let it go
Gotta let it go
Gotta let it go
Gotta let it go

The more you want it
The more you need it
The more you got it
The less you feel

You gotta let it go
You gotta let it go give it away
Gotta let it go
You gotta let it go give it away
Gotta let it go
You gotta let it go
You gotta let it go
You gotta let it go
Gotta let it go
Whoa, give it away
Let it go
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:46 PM   #771
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
That seems a bit high of a price tag. I know for Christmas I got the full Lost series (prior to this current season) and it was only like $79.99 or something on sale at the time. Even with an added premium for special content, I would not think it was more than $200 tops and most likely less than that even.
Hmm, just a guess. I think I paid 50 dollars for the first season when it came out...I think I've been paying about 40 or for each season as it was released.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:46 PM   #772
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Still, a bit heftier than an album.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:26 PM   #773
Pyser
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmynausea View Post
I do think the show fumbled many things along the way, some of them quite horribly. If they were truly thinking character first the whole time, they sure didn't give my favorite character, John Locke, a very good arc. After more or less stealing the show (IMO) in season 1, his story was a trainwreck from season 2 on. (I'll just throw out his flashback to his time as part of a commune/cult that was secretly growing weed as exhibit OMGWTF.) In fact, it was clear that they wanted to setup a Locke vs. Jack battle from the beginning. I think they came up with the "Locke becomes the smoke monster" thing along the way because they couldn't turn him evil like they originally planned.

i remember they shot a couple other versions of who was in the coffin s4. i think it was sawyer and someone else. maybe it was always to keep leaks from happening, but maybe there was some debate in the room as to who would become the smoke monster, since it really could have been anyone.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:29 PM   #774
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
I think AMazon has it at $150 for DVD, $200 for BluRay

You can't always get what you want
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:19 AM   #775
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

I thought John Locke's arc was fantastic. When you look back at it, it is really one of the saddest, most tragic characters I have ever seen in a TV show.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:45 AM   #776
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:48 AM   #777
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I thought John Locke's arc was fantastic. When you look back at it, it is really one of the saddest, most tragic characters I have ever seen in a TV show.

Tragic and heroic, because he knows that he will die when he leaves the island. The tragedy is mitigated in the end, somewhat, because Locke learns that his death was for a cause that was important and ostensibly worth believing in. I suspect this is why he was able to forgive Ben.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:12 AM   #778
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
Lost "unanswered" questions video goes here.

I saw this one another site a few days ago.

One: I'm pretty sure we know the answers to a whole lot of these questions. It's not like they had someone just come out and say things outright, but there are certainly enough clues to piece it together, which was part of the charm of the show.

Two: Some of these things matter so little ("Who was Libby's ex-husband who gave her the boat?" Seriously?)

Three: Sometimes, there are just coincidences (The polar bear in the comic).

Four: This was a story about a very specific group of people, and what happened to them from Point A to Point B. As in life, the things that happen from A to B may affect you, but the history of those things doesn't matter. (If I got a parking ticket, I wouldn't wonder who the cop's father was and why the cop noticed my meter and where I have seen him/her before, I'd just pay the ticket and be more careful about feeding the meter from then on.) Those are other stories. It's not like people don't enjoy the Wizard of Oz because they don't know why the flying monkeys have an allegiance to the Wicked Witch.

Five: All stories are made up as they go along by people who make mistakes. There's a beautiful forest there, quit growling at the ugly trees.

A lot of this complaining reminds me of Fred Savage in Princess Bride. Peter Falk told him to shut up and enjoy the ride when he kept questioning everything. We do all still love Princess Bride, right?

Many of the questions related to the island are based on the capricious nature of Jacob. His game, his rules. I got the impression he was kind of simple and just made up the rules to the game as he went along. Ultimately, I don't think anyone knew all the answers. Certainly not Jacob, and obviously not MIB either based on his look of sheer confusion when Jack is able to draw blood.

The two biggest question marks for me, personally, were the Walt stuff and Mr. Ecko stuff. I believe that both characters were to play a much larger role in the story, but Walt's growth spurt (they should have known better and cast an older actor) and Mr. Ecko's decision to leave the show forced the writers' hands to severely alter those storylines and arcs. The fertility thing would have been good to delve into officially as well.

I think they at some point made a conscious decision to just not explain certain things, maybe before they even brought them up. They made the fatal mistake of thinking "mysterious island is mysterious" would be an acceptable answer. They also made the mistake of letting us think that we would get specific answers.

I'm sorry, but that doesn't change my feeling about the finale, though. Still gripping and emotional. Doesn't change the fact that I had a great time watching it over the years. It was quality television with excellent actors and production values that kept people to varying degrees involved. If you can't stand some mystery, go and watch Two and a Half Men.

I think people are taking way too much stock in the purgatory plotline. The way the island story ended was great. The island is blowing up, MIB figures out he has made a huge mistake, and Jack and Locke finally go head to head with intent to kill. That over, mortally wounded Jack makes a desperate last effort to "re start" the light while Sawyer, Kate, etc make it off the island just in time. Sure the cork in the light was kind of simple. But the characters had no idea it was going to be. Do you think Indiana Jones would have gone through everything he did if he had known the Nazis were going to be wiped out with zero effort as soon as they opened the Ark? Hind sight is always 20/20.

The ending of the story was great. The purgatory thing was confusing but it's not what it was about. It was just epilogue, a stab at a "happy" ending after so much death and dispair for these people. The final shot of Jack in the bamboo looking up smiling as the Ajira plane finally escaped the island was fantastic and in my top finale moments right.

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 05-28-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:21 AM   #779
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I couldn't say it better myself.

I have always felt that there was a mistake made with Walt. I wish they had explained that a bit more as time went along...surely someone as they walking along Ben would have said, "Seriously, Ben, what the heck was taking Walt all about?"

Eko, I brought up before. I wish I understood why MIB let him live the first time only to kill him the next. I have guesses, but that is all they are.

I still don't understand the purgatory plotline. My new roommate came away with that thought when he saw the episode. The whole concept seems flawed to me. I don't believe those who see it as that are looking at the entire picture...rather, just what they want to see.

I definitely enjoyed the end. I thought Jack seeing the plane depart was...well, corny, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

I have thought about how the group that left the island would explain themselves when they landed. The Oceanic Six had a terrible time with it, how would they now handle it?

I mean, the flight left with X amount of passengers...most notably five of the Oceanic Six and returns with just a handful of passengers. Kate's the only Oceanic Six member to return, along with two people from the original flight and Miles...who left on the Widmore freighter three years before (I think that's about all of them).

After all the hooplah that was created about the Oceanic Six returning home...I would have loved to see how that tap-danced around the concept of Sawyer and Claire being alive and on the plane...much less how they picked up Miles, who had to be presumed dead and lost at sea with the other members of the freighter.

I mean, I can see the, "oh, we crashed on a different island and despite mass casualties, we somehow made it back home" not working at all, particularly when you already survived one crash...but how do you explain the rest of it?
Old 05-28-2010, 12:06 PM   #780
chesapeake
College Starter

Poli, I have wondered the same thing. And it is not like they have weeks on a boat to get their story straight this time. But they do have Sawyer available to spin the yarn, so they have a fighting chance at coming up with something.

With Eko, they had to make up something fairly quickly after the actor decided he wanted to leave. The best theory I can come up with is that he was a 'candidate' like all of the others. During his first run in with Smokey, he still had potential and was thus protected by the 'rules.' But by not repenting his many crimes in his final episode, he rendered himself unsuitable as a candidate and thus was fair game.

This is purely speculation on my part, but it would fit comfortably into the canon of the show as we now know it.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:27 PM   #781
Poli
FOFC Survivor

That's my guess as well...I think I may have said so at some point in this thread as well.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:30 PM   #782
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Mystery Woman cleared up? | DarkUFO - LOST Homepage

Unless that was super subterfuge.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:33 PM   #783
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I did enjoy the stretch to the Adam and Eve bit from a few episodes back. The part they cut out...Jack stating that it takes clothing 40-50 years to deteriorate like this (I may have the amount of time he stated incorrect)...that kind of had me giggle. Just off a thousand years or so, no big deal.

I understand in season 1 not having Christian speak to Jack...after all, the concept then surely was that Jack was just seeing things instead of seeing the MIB as his dad...but man, how great would it had Christian/MIB spoke to him then?
Old 05-28-2010, 02:48 PM   #784
PadresFan104
High School Varsity

Quote:
I saw this one another site a few days ago. ......

Blue - Great post and I couldn't have said it better myself. Princess Bride is a great pull....
PadresFan104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:04 AM   #785
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

http://www.penneydesign.com/folio_IM_lostgame.html

Lost as late-80s-point-and-click computer game.

Last edited by Ronnie Dobbs2 : 06-01-2010 at 07:05 AM.
Ronnie Dobbs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:44 AM   #786
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I've been slowly watching the first season as I've introduced my girlfriend to the show (it's incredibly challenging not to say things to her as we watch the show). Yesterday we watched Solitary, where Sayid is captured by Danielle Rousseau.

A few things threw me off in this one. Sayid stated Nadia was "dead, because of me" or something along those lines...yet later in the show we find out the reason Sayid was on the plane was to go see Nadia. I don't mind that things change over time...but I'd like to think that the reason people were on the plane in the first place didn't.

Later, when the two of them hear noises outside of Rousseau's makeshift noise she says there's no such thing as monsters. Really? You've been on the island about 16 years and you've got no idea that this black smoke thing has been floating around since the first day you got there?

She also states she's never seen another person on the island, but she hears them. I've always assumed that she heard the Others, but that's been explained. Still, how does she not eventually wander into the Others Black Smoke barrier? How does she not find that little house that the Russian was staying at, or the other "village" the Others played make believe in?

For Danielle to be a super sneak great at hiding and setting traps, she sure sucks at scouting out the island they're on over a 16 year period.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:58 AM   #787
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
I've been slowly watching the first season as I've introduced my girlfriend to the show (it's incredibly challenging not to say things to her as we watch the show). Yesterday we watched Solitary, where Sayid is captured by Danielle Rousseau.

A few things threw me off in this one. Sayid stated Nadia was "dead, because of me" or something along those lines...yet later in the show we find out the reason Sayid was on the plane was to go see Nadia. I don't mind that things change over time...but I'd like to think that the reason people were on the plane in the first place didn't.

Later, when the two of them hear noises outside of Rousseau's makeshift noise she says there's no such thing as monsters. Really? You've been on the island about 16 years and you've got no idea that this black smoke thing has been floating around since the first day you got there?

She also states she's never seen another person on the island, but she hears them. I've always assumed that she heard the Others, but that's been explained. Still, how does she not eventually wander into the Others Black Smoke barrier? How does she not find that little house that the Russian was staying at, or the other "village" the Others played make believe in?

For Danielle to be a super sneak great at hiding and setting traps, she sure sucks at scouting out the island they're on over a 16 year period.

Maybe she was lying?
Old 06-01-2010, 08:16 AM   #788
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
http://www.penneydesign.com/folio_IM_lostgame.html

Lost as late-80s-point-and-click computer game.

Pretty funny. I like Hurley's sweat stains (on his t-shirt) and Claire's "accent."

Last edited by Swaggs : 06-01-2010 at 08:17 AM.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:09 AM   #789
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Maybe she was lying?
About? Everything? She believed Sayid was an "Other" initially. What did she have to gain by lying to him?

She carries Aaron to spot of the fire at the end of season 1...at the point I'm sold she hasn't seen anyone else...plus the "emotion" she has about not letting Sayid go...it sure seemed like she hadn't seen anyone else.

Other things that cross my mind now that I think of it more...how did she miss all the notebooks from the monitoring station (Pearl? I can't remember the name), how did she miss that plane coming apart right over the island?
Old 06-01-2010, 09:25 AM   #790
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

I thought it was established that Rousseau was completely crazy and that not much of what she said could be trusted.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:18 AM   #791
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Oh, she's bat crazy, no doubt...but as it turned out the rest of her science team did wig out like she said happened. The main things that people questioned early on...well at least I questioned early on...were the whispers/Others and what happened to her science team. I seriously just thought she had lost her mind and killed them. Turns out she killed them then lost her mind.

In the end, I was pretty happy she died a few seasons in. It was probably a season or two late as it was. Great concept of having a bat crazy woman in the jungle but as they began to flesh out the Others story...it just didn't make sense.

Another thing I wonder...why the heck didn't she trace out that cable?
Old 06-01-2010, 10:23 AM   #792
timmynausea
College Starter

Quote:

I disagree. The stuff after season 1 was way over the top and melodramatic to me, whether it was his dad pushing him out a window or him at a support group yelling about wanting his kidney back. And the aforementioned weed cult subplot was just silly. The reveal in the coffin was a decent surprise moment, but finding out quite a while later that the Locke up and wandering around is really the smoke monster was really weak, in my opinion. Sort of like "oh yeah, fyi, John Locke's story is already over" as the end of the arc. To me, that just doesn't add up to something satisfying.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:47 AM   #793
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
I disagree. The stuff after season 1 was way over the top and melodramatic to me, whether it was his dad pushing him out a window or him at a support group yelling about wanting his kidney back. And the aforementioned weed cult subplot was just silly. The reveal in the coffin was a decent surprise moment, but finding out quite a while later that the Locke up and wandering around is really the smoke monster was really weak, in my opinion. Sort of like "oh yeah, fyi, John Locke's story is already over" as the end of the arc. To me, that just doesn't add up to something satisfying.

I was thinking more of his arc from the moment the plane crash until he died.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:40 PM   #794
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Sorry gang. I don't know how in the hell I missed this (other than I haven't bought the DVD yet). But there was a special epilogue episode called "New Man In Charge" included which I just found out about and watched. Wow... I can't believe how great it was to pop back into that world for a few fleeting minutes. My apologies if you have all seen it, but for those of you who haven't - here it is. NOTE: Please scroll down and look at video before reading the section above it or the comments below. If you don't, several of the surprises will be ruined.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:01 PM   #795
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyketime View Post
Sorry gang. I don't know how in the hell I missed this (other than I haven't bought the DVD yet). But there was a special epilogue episode called "New Man In Charge" included which I just found out about and watched. Wow... I can't believe how great it was to pop back into that world for a few fleeting minutes. My apologies if you have all seen it, but for those of you who haven't - here it is. NOTE: Please scroll down and look at video before reading the section above it or the comments below. If you don't, several of the surprises will be ruined.

Nice!
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:04 PM   #796
spleen1015
Coordinator

I never saw that either since I didn't get S6 on DVD.

It was a little underwhelming. Oh well. The Lost journey was great. The ending could have been better.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:05 PM   #797
cmp
Pro Rookie

I miss Lost.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:33 PM   #798
Brownkeg8
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyketime View Post

good find, thanks for posting it.
Brownkeg8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:41 AM   #799
SunDevil
College Prospect

Thanks for posting. I definitely miss that show.
That's a double whammy and I hate you.
SunDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 04:50 PM   #800
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Lindelof & Cuse dropped by Comic-Con and dropped a deleted scene from the Season 1 finale. If we had seen this then, it would have explained a hell of a lot...

Here it is... (can't figure out how to skip 30 second commercial - be sure to click button to go full screen. I miss those guys...)

Last edited by tyketime : 07-23-2011 at 04:51 PM.