Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2023, 08:24 PM   #8051
Atocep
Coordinator

Not even hiding it anymore

Tommy Tuberville Defends White Nationalists in the Military – Rolling Stone
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 08:28 PM   #8052
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I am still confused about Santos. About where he came from and he's just...his own automaton. I've never ever heard him speak. It's like he's a little toy. Attention is what he seeks. He's like a trump minime. It feels like NOBODY cares about him so he breaks every law and such to get attention.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 05:49 AM   #8053
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I didn’t watch the trump town hall, just the sound of that man’s voice enrages me but I heard it was the shit show everyone expected with Collins getting teamed by him and a pro trump audience loving it. Well done cnn. Clowns.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 06:48 AM   #8054
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I didn’t watch the trump town hall, just the sound of that man’s voice enrages me but I heard it was the shit show everyone expected with Collins getting teamed by him and a pro trump audience loving it. Well done cnn. Clowns.

Yeah that was bizarre. It appears they are trying anything for ratings.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 06:53 AM   #8055
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I'm wondering what universe of persuadable voters is watching a Trump town hall on cable news.

Trump fans might watch.
Trump haters might watch.

But I don't think that this moved the needle one way or the other for the primary or the general.

It would be different if it were a less-known person like DeSantis or Haley. There, you might get some "I've been hearing out this person, let me check them out" viewers.

But Trump? I don't see it.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 10:10 AM   #8056
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

A few GOPers seem to be horrified after last night's clown show. They had multiple opportunities to rid themselves of Trump but refused to do so.
Old 05-11-2023, 10:29 AM   #8057
cuervo72
Head Coach

I'd probably say a VERY few.

(part of a much longer thread)

Can't say I disagree with either of these.

Last edited by cuervo72 : 05-11-2023 at 10:30 AM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 10:34 AM   #8058
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

There are a handful of GOP electeds that have come out today when asked about Trump. But now it's too late. He's the GOP nominee and he just might win.
Old 05-11-2023, 11:24 AM   #8059
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Yeah that was bizarre. It appears they are trying anything for ratings.

That's the new ownership trying to 'mainstream' or 'neutralize' the network. Go figure.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 11:27 AM   #8060
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I'm wondering what universe of persuadable voters is watching a Trump town hall on cable news.

Trump fans might watch.
Trump haters might watch.

But I don't think that this moved the needle one way or the other for the primary or the general.

It would be different if it were a less-known person like DeSantis or Haley. There, you might get some "I've been hearing out this person, let me check them out" viewers.

But Trump? I don't see it.

Over time the 'normalizing' of his views happens the more they are publicized or broadcast. We're in for a very long, long growth unless we aggressively fight it like Germany does. Look at how the Jean-Marie La Pen group has grown in France as the example.

Like Steam?

Old 05-11-2023, 11:53 AM   #8061
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
There are a handful of GOP electeds that have come out today when asked about Trump. But now it's too late. He's the GOP nominee and he just might win.

Other than Mitt I haven't seen anyone speak out against him. Christie maybe, but no one of actual substance.
Old 05-11-2023, 11:58 AM   #8062
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Over time the 'normalizing' of his views happens the more they are publicized or broadcast. We're in for a very long, long growth unless we aggressively fight it like Germany does. Look at how the Jean-Marie La Pen group has grown in France as the example.

We won't fight it like Germany. There is too much money to be made by keeping him in the spotlight.
Old 05-11-2023, 02:46 PM   #8063
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Other than Mitt I haven't seen anyone speak out against him. Christie maybe, but no one of actual substance.

Young in Indiana and Bacon in NE have both made pretty clear statements.
Old 05-11-2023, 03:57 PM   #8064
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Young in Indiana and Bacon in NE have both made pretty clear statements.
I've actually seen more than that. I think we will probably see some of these backing other candidates in the primary, though I don't know how much good it will do.

In other news, Brian Kemp continues to play footsie with running as well. I thought his Federal fund raising was more about running for the Senate in four years, but maybe not. He is way more MAGA than any anti-Trump candidate out there. Other than he actually believes in elections, he is straight right-wing nut. IDK how he can hope to take Trump on, though.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 04:03 PM   #8065
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I did see something on Twitter from the guy in Indiana. His statement was kind of a joke though, he didn't criticize Trump other than saying he doesn't think he can win. I suspect if polls trend towards Trump being in the lead he will start backing him.
Old 05-11-2023, 04:24 PM   #8066
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I've actually seen more than that. I think we will probably see some of these backing other candidates in the primary, though I don't know how much good it will do.

In other news, Brian Kemp continues to play footsie with running as well. I thought his Federal fund raising was more about running for the Senate in four years, but maybe not. He is way more MAGA than any anti-Trump candidate out there. Other than he actually believes in elections, he is straight right-wing nut. IDK how he can hope to take Trump on, though.

The problem for all of them is that they are arguing they are the next best thing to Trump, but that doesn't mean much if Trump is running.
Old 05-11-2023, 04:26 PM   #8067
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I did see something on Twitter from the guy in Indiana. His statement was kind of a joke though, he didn't criticize Trump other than saying he doesn't think he can win. I suspect if polls trend towards Trump being in the lead he will start backing him.

I'm not saying there's a GOP revolt, far from it, but I do think there are plenty of GOPers that wish Trump were gone. How would things look for them if it looked like 2024 would be DeSantis or Kemp vs Biden? They had their chance, though, and picked Trump as eternal king.
Old 05-11-2023, 04:35 PM   #8068
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I'm not saying there's a GOP revolt, far from it, but I do think there are plenty of GOPers that wish Trump were gone. How would things look for them if it looked like 2024 would be DeSantis or Kemp vs Biden? They had their chance, though, and picked Trump as eternal king.

I suspect if they voted by secret ballot most would want him gone They know what he does to the party. Not sure about DeSantis, but Kemp or a guy like Younkin, hell, even Nikki Haley, probably beats Biden. Sununu is also a guy who would appeal to independents.

The thing is they will all fall in line in due time because if they don't they likely get primaried.
Old 05-11-2023, 08:55 PM   #8069
Flasch186
Coordinator

If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next

Desantis signed a law that would fine private business owners for requiring masks for the public to enter their business.

Because

Party of Freedom and deregulation and small government

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 05-11-2023 at 08:55 PM.
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 09:27 AM   #8070
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
In most countries, this is a crime and the person goes to jail for it.

Clarence Thomas Reversed Position After Gifts And Family Payments

We literally have training at my job that if you do this you'll be terminated immediately and likely face criminal charges.

This is likely the most important story in the U.S. right now and no one cares. This goes beyond conservative justices being amenable to certain interests because of friends and speaking engagements. Thomas flat out changed his position on a key issue eventually arguing against an opinion he wrote because his wife got paid money.

We now have multiple flat-out, unambiguous, instances of bribery.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 01:25 PM   #8071
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

As an example of how politicized life in general has become, especially for a certain segment of the population, my mom thought it necessary to text me last night that she got a $28 TurboTax settlement check... and thanked "our great AG, Ken Paxton." WTF?

I suppose they have absolutely no clue that this settlement includes all states and that it involves *gasp* AGs from such horrible, barely US states as CA and NY! Where's the high five for Rob Bonta and Leticia James? Every single fucking AG likely took advantage of the free PR to announce that his/her state's citizens were going to get a chunk of the $141M settlement.

But apparently Ken Paxton deserves extra credit because he was able to contribute to this settlement while also battling an indictment and corruption charges. A true man of and for the people!

Meanwhile, I paid $.59 a pound for bananas yesterday, thanks to my fucking Democrat governor...
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 03:17 PM   #8072
BYU 14
Coordinator

I would just like you to send me some Banana's please
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 03:26 PM   #8073
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post

Come on, how much could a banana cost though? No more than $5.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 04:42 PM   #8074
thesloppy
Pro Starter

That used to sound ridiculous, but my local grocer is currently charging $5.99 a pound for conventional, entirely unremarkable broccoli....broccoli costs more than beef.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 05:00 PM   #8075
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
Come on, how much could a banana cost though? No more than $5.
Next time, on Arrested Development....
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 05:02 PM   #8076
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
Desantis signed a law that would fine private business owners for requiring masks for the public to enter their business

They're lucky a fine is all the punishment they receive for such abject stupidity.

There isn't a pit in hell deep enough nor hot enough for them afaic.
Old 05-12-2023, 05:02 PM   #8077
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
We literally have training at my job that if you do this you'll be terminated immediately and likely face criminal charges.

This is likely the most important story in the U.S. right now and no one cares. This goes beyond conservative justices being amenable to certain interests because of friends and speaking engagements. Thomas flat out changed his position on a key issue eventually arguing against an opinion he wrote because his wife got paid money.

We now have multiple flat-out, unambiguous, instances of bribery.

And if there is some argument that the money paid to Ginni was for her legal acumen, this is a text from her. She's full on Q.

RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 05:06 PM   #8078
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Combining the last two posts, there isn't a pit in hell deep enough for Ginni & Clarence Thomas.
Old 05-12-2023, 06:24 PM   #8079
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post

In a Greg Abbott-run Kentucky, we'd be paying $.25 a pound. Because minorities would be paying a $1/pound "illegals" surcharge.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 05-12-2023, 06:44 PM   #8080
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
They're lucky a fine is all the punishment they receive for such abject stupidity.

There isn't a pit in hell deep enough nor hot enough for them afaic.

JIMGA usually is against big government and for freedoms...but not in this case. SMH

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 06:50 PM   #8081
Ksyrup

The new GOP in a nutshell. Private businesses should be able to discriminate when it comes to religion and other culture war BS, but when true free enterprise means the freedom of others they don't agree with trumps THEIR freedom to do whatever and go wherever THEY want... government should punish them and/or take away their rights.
Old 05-12-2023, 08:04 PM   #8082
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Your freedom to not get sick is not as important as people's freedom to do as the please.
Old 05-13-2023, 07:48 AM   #8083
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

I'm sure Greg Abbott is already working on a pardon

Man fatally shot girlfriend in west Oak Cliff over abortion, court records say
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 09:06 AM   #8084
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
I'm sure Greg Abbott is already working on a pardon

Man fatally shot girlfriend in west Oak Cliff over abortion, court records say

Pardon? Hell, Abbott's gonna ask Cruz to retire so he can appoint this guy as Senator.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 09:43 AM   #8085
PilotMan
Head Coach

didn't trump set the precedent that 'pardons for 'our people'' are the norm now? Nothing less is now an abdication of responsibility.

Like Steam?

Old 05-13-2023, 10:19 AM   #8086
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Pardon? Hell, Abbott's gonna ask Cruz to retire so he can appoint this guy as Senator.

...of the new Texas Republic!
Old 05-13-2023, 10:23 AM   #8087
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I know a guy that's called reporters the enemy, threatened them, and encouraged others to harass and attack them.

Am I allowed to kill him?
Old 05-13-2023, 11:07 AM   #8088
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

It's unclear to me how on one hand we can arrest people who hand out flyers with the name of an alleged murdered on them (who also happens to be a cop) while prominent members of the GOP can call for people to be attacked and harassed, including federal politicians and judges and have nothing happen to them.

Actually, it's not unclear at all....
Old 05-13-2023, 01:37 PM   #8089
RainMaker
General Manager

It's just fascism.
Old 05-13-2023, 02:44 PM   #8090
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
Your freedom to not get sick is not as important as people's freedom to do as the please.

Along these lines, I was thinking of the NYC subway situation and the old Mel Brooks line came to mind: “Tragedy is when I stub my toe. Comedy is when you fall into an open manhole and die.”

These days it's more like "The greatest offense is when I am inconvenienced. The greatest justice is when I lethally choke you out."
Old 05-13-2023, 03:56 PM   #8091
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Trumps rally in Iowa was cancelled because of tornado warnings. Even God is sick of this shit.
Old 05-13-2023, 06:05 PM   #8092
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
But apparently Ken Paxton deserves extra credit because he was able to contribute to this settlement while also battling an indictment and corruption charges. A true man of and for the people!

My state's AD is corrupt and a fucking moron. And his name also happens to be Ken Paxton. What a coincidence.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 03:20 PM   #8093
Ksyrup

I will be getting a very close and personal look into a couple of different factions of the Trump coalition this coming week. First, we're going to Palm Beach for my niece's graduation. My wife's sister's family. Their family and my BIL's family are hardcore Trumpers, many of them in law enforcement, and anti-vaxxers. Should be a fun time.

From there we head to Birmingham AL for my wife's best friend's son's wedding. They are hardcore religious and he was homeschooled but part of some (IMO, of course) over the top religious group of similarly homeschooled kids. Like, we went to his "graduation" and it was two kids and the whole thing was just a bit weird/scary from my perspective. They're fine people and everything, just on a different wavelength, but I have no doubt they are Trumpers. Not only are we going to be in Alabama, but the dad's family is deep south GA, so while I hope politics don't come up, if they do, I think I know which way things will be leaning. I see these types all the time in KY, I just don't have to interact with them on a personal level much at all.
Old 05-14-2023, 04:26 PM   #8094
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Dropped my daughter off today at my wifes parents house who watch FOX news religiously. They had Newsmax on. Glad too see the Dominion lawsuit/ Carlson being fired really woke up a lot of people.
Old 05-14-2023, 10:32 PM   #8095
BYU 14
Coordinator

It's almost as if it would have been better that they didn't lose and kept Carlson

Last edited by BYU 14 : 05-14-2023 at 10:32 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 07:52 AM   #8096
Ksyrup

There's a Breitbart article that came up on my Google recommendations (I assume because it's about cord cutting - I don't think I've ever been to the Breitbart site) that I had to read to believe - it blames cable TV losing subscribers on the fact that cable has "gone woke." Seriously. Nevermind that the vast majority of people left on cable are older, typically conservative people and it's younger, "woke" people more likely to cut the cord.

The suggestion for remedying this was for pay TV to offer a "no gay stuff" vertical.

Bolstering the ironclad thought process behind this article, the writer starts by pointing out that cable TV is losing millions of subscribers to streaming sites which is "merely a different way to subscribe to cable TV." However, he finishes the article by stating that it's all about content, and cable TVs content sucks. So, um, if I put those two statements together, why would cable suck but streaming not suck? My brain can't handle this kind of BS so early on a Monday. Yeesh.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 05-15-2023 at 07:53 AM.
Old 05-15-2023, 08:09 AM   #8097
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

beyond parody.
Old 05-15-2023, 08:36 AM   #8098
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Dropped my daughter off today at my wifes parents house who watch FOX news religiously. They had Newsmax on. Glad too see the Dominion lawsuit/ Carlson being fired really woke up a lot of people.

CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 03:30 PM   #8099
Thomkal
Head Coach

So two things reported on today in Trump world:

1)Details of a lawsuit (using the same NY Law E.Jean Carroll did) first filed in January against Rudy G by a former employee-and along with the disgusting demands for sex there was an allegation that Rudy was selling pardons for 2 million and splitting it with Trump

Lawsuit claims Rudy Giuliani 'took Viagra constantly' and was recorded demanding sex from employee - Raw Story - Celebrating 19 Years of Independent Journalism

2) The Durham Report officially closed today-this was the report that Durham did at the behest of Bill Barr and was supposed to bring down Hilary and every Democrat involved in the Russian investigation. Only one person was ever accused (not Hilary) and that one was acquitted or thrown out.
Old 05-15-2023, 03:47 PM   #8100
RainMaker
General Manager

The lady was smart and recorded Giuliani too. Giuliani is also representing himself in the trial. Good lord that little pervert is fucked.