Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2023, 09:23 AM   #8351
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
The tanker fire and collapse of I95 in Philly is ominous after Chip Roy's tweet about knowing the bridges. Hopefully, there's an innocent explanation.
Atlanta had a section of 285 collapse because of a fire underneath a few years ago. It something that can happen by accident if the fire gets hot enough.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 09:36 AM   #8352
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Atlanta had a section of 285 collapse because of a fire underneath a few years ago. It something that can happen by accident if the fire gets hot enough.

Yeah the whole issue is what happened with the tanker and they either don't know or aren't saying yet.

It's probably an accident, but it needs to be looked at given a GOP Rep making what sure looked like a threat a couple of days ago.
Old 06-11-2023, 11:48 AM   #8353
stevew
Hall Of Famer

A few years ago there was a fire under the liberty bridge in Pittsburgh, and it almost was at the point where it could’ve collapsed. I’m sure this will be absolutely devastating to traffic.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 04:00 PM   #8354
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Hard to quantify just how much of a mess this is going to create in that part of the country.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 05:21 PM   #8355
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

It will be bad for Philly, but anybody that says it will cause havoc throughout the Northeast hasn't driven from NYC to Philly. If you're on 95 in NJ you take 295 to the East of Philly to get to Delaware.
Old 06-11-2023, 05:47 PM   #8356
whomario
Pro Starter

Career women in right-wing media tell young girls to give up their dreams at Young Women's Leadership Summit | Media Matters for America

Quote:
Calling out women who say they have trouble finding a partner, he asked, “Have you behaved like a great woman that would attract a great man?”

“Have you been a great woman? There ain’t nothing wrong with being a trad wife. Being a trad wife’s based. Men love this.”

Quote:
She asked if he had advice to give to “somebody who so badly wants to succeed in surgery,” but will be 30 years old before she has time to think about “settling down.”

Kirk’s answer was straightforward and clear: “You’re going to have to choose which one matters more.”

(...)

Kirk told her that “there are a lot of successful, 35-year-old orthopedic surgeons that have cats, and not kids, and they’re very miserable."
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 05:53 PM   #8357
Atocep
Coordinator

Ex-Staffers Describe Infowars' 'Unhinged' and 'Volatile' Workplace.

This is something else...
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 06:17 PM   #8358
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Makes you wonder why so many young women are registering and becoming active. The GOP just continues to dig deeper.

FTR wife was 29 when we met, on her way to a tremendous career. Happy to report she isn't 35 with cats and miserable. She is happily married 16 years, amazing mom to 2 great kids, and SVP/GM of sales for a Warren Buffett company.

You can do both, but the GOP is horrified of educated, independent, strong women that they need to perpetuate this myth that you will grow old alone with a dried out uterus if you put career and education first.

Last edited by Lathum : 06-11-2023 at 06:18 PM.
Old 06-11-2023, 06:22 PM   #8359
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Makes you wonder why so many young women are registering and becoming active. The GOP just continues to dig deeper.

FTR wife was 29 when we met, on her way to a tremendous career. Happy to report she isn't 35 with cats and miserable. She is happily married 16 years, amazing mom to 2 great kids, and SVP/GM of sales for a Warren Buffett company.

You can do both, but the GOP is horrified of educated, independent, strong women that they need to perpetuate this myth that you will grow old alone with a dried out uterus if you put career and education first.

Meh, they'll just start taking their voting rights away to solve that problem.
Old 06-11-2023, 06:34 PM   #8360
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Conservatives have about the same grasp on the sexes as that kid in Kindergarten Cop.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 11:35 AM   #8361
GrantDawg

Every time one of these "stolen election" cases come before a judge, it gets laughed out of court, and it usually comes with sanctions for the lawyers who file it. O think when a judge says that a lawsuit is "rife with speculation, an absence of facts and a lack of understanding of Michigan election statutes and Detroit absentee ballot procedures", it is probably bad. One of the people who filed this ran for Michigan SOS and is the state GOP Chair. Another is currently running for US Senate.
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...t/70318528007/

Last edited by GrantDawg : 06-14-2023 at 11:35 AM.
Old 06-19-2023, 03:19 PM   #8362
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

So Conservatives are now boycotting Kellogs because Dylan Mulvaney took a pic with a random person dressed like Tony the Tiger.

If she were smart, she'd post a tiktok of her just drinking copious amounts of water so that Conservatives boycott water.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2023, 04:17 PM   #8363
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

No no, just breathing. they'd boycott air.
Old 06-19-2023, 04:42 PM   #8364
BYU 14
Coordinator

You guys set the bar way too low, go big.

Dylan Mulvaney takes a picture with Donald Trump, holding an AR-15, dressed in a right to life T-Shirt, drinking water and breathing!
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 07:24 AM   #8365
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I found a new way to know whether you're talking to a Trumper - mention that you have the day off because your office is closed for Juneteenth.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 07:45 AM   #8366
cuervo72
Head Coach

Entire states will tell you: Mississippi Closed Offices For Confederate Day, Not Juneteenth

(MS, not exactly a surprise though)
Old 06-21-2023, 12:40 AM   #8367
RainMaker
General Manager

Alito tried to get out ahead of the story with an OpEd in WSJ but looks like ProPublica has a story out now about him taking bribes as well.

RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 12:42 AM   #8368
RainMaker
General Manager

In all honesty, it seems cheaper and easier to just bribe one of the few Justices on the court than a bunch of folks in Congress every 2 years.
Old 06-21-2023, 04:05 AM   #8369
whomario
Pro Starter

Guess that's the last time journalists set a 4 day clock on their questions to him.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 07:05 AM   #8370
GrantDawg

It is amazing how brazen these bribes are. Of course I'm sure we are going to get an example of Justice Kegan getting Big Mac from George Soros at any moment so we can both sides this.
Old 06-21-2023, 07:13 AM   #8371
Edward64
Head Coach

Not going to fix the immediate problems with higher pay, but for the future ...

SCOTUS is paid about $275K+ a year. How about we increase oversight on SCOTUS and also raise their total compensation (salary, subsidize housing & car, nice work related conferences in Hawaii, etc.).
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 09:44 AM   #8372
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Not going to fix the immediate problems with higher pay, but for the future ...

SCOTUS is paid about $275K+ a year. How about we increase oversight on SCOTUS and also raise their total compensation (salary, subsidize housing & car, nice work related conferences in Hawaii, etc.).

Because rich people never EVER want more money!

How about we actually have laws about judges taking bribes and actually enforce them? And if you can't accurately fill out a financial disclosure form then you're gone.
Old 06-21-2023, 02:27 PM   #8373
RainMaker
General Manager

Yeah, I don't think a salary bump is going to help. These are some pretty huge bribes and unless you want SCOTUS judges making millions a year, it's not going to change anything.

If the salary is too low for them, they can politely decline the nomination. There is no mandatory requirement that you have to serve on the Supreme Court for decades.
Old 06-21-2023, 02:55 PM   #8374
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

It’s not about the money it’s about the affluence. Once you get a taste of it hard to go back. Private jets and lavish getaways aren’t affordable even for people making several hundred thousand or a million.
Old 06-21-2023, 03:37 PM   #8375
Thomkal
Head Coach

Republicans going all-in today on Trump-trying to get Schiff censured, saying Jan 6 was not as insurrection, and are trying to get Trump's two impeachments expunged.
Old 06-21-2023, 03:43 PM   #8376
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

This just tells me what we probably know already. McCarthy has zero control over his caucus. He has to know this performative shit doesn’t play well. Hell, MTG was spotted arguing with Boebert today and I wouldn’t be surprised if it was over this. Sure it’s red meat for the base, but literally nonone else cares. The other side is would he allow it to happen if they don’t have the votes because all that does is make him look even worse. Say what you want about pelosi. She always had the votes.
Old 06-21-2023, 04:06 PM   #8377
GrantDawg

Quote:
This just tells me what we probably know already. McCarthy has zero control over his caucus. He has to know this performative shit doesn’t play well. Hell, MTG was spotted arguing with Boebert today and I wouldn’t be surprised if it was over this. Sure it’s red meat for the base, but literally nonone else cares. The other side is would he allow it to happen if they don’t have the votes because all that does is make him look even worse. Say what you want about pelosi. She always had the votes.
MTG is mad that Boebert was able to fast track her impeachment vote, whereas McCarthy has tried to get them both to back off a straight vote. He is not as much arguing against impeachment as he is doing it without any form of hearings. Meanwhile this whole Schiff censure is doing just that. They are voting to find him guilty, fine him, and then investigate.
Old 06-21-2023, 04:11 PM   #8378
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

of course, he's guilty of the most heinous crime.. pointing out their Emperor (Trump) has no clothes.
Old 06-21-2023, 04:30 PM   #8379
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

Apparently she called her a "little b*tch on the House floor.
Old 06-21-2023, 04:45 PM   #8380
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Apparently she called her a "little b*tch on the House floor.

My god I hope that’s true.
Old 06-21-2023, 04:48 PM   #8381
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I hope they mud wrestle.
Old 06-21-2023, 05:07 PM   #8382
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The GOP is coming to terms with Trump being the nominee. Nancy Mace said it was time to bury the hatchet and support Trump. He's gonna win every primary.
Old 06-21-2023, 05:25 PM   #8383
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
The GOP is coming to terms with Trump being the nominee. Nancy Mace said it was time to bury the hatchet and support Trump. He's gonna win every primary.

Every one of them except Romney will fall in line. Gutless
Old 06-21-2023, 05:25 PM   #8384
Ksyrup

Hopefully they will be burying that hatchet right into the back of their own collective fucking heads.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 06-21-2023, 05:45 PM   #8385
Atocep
Coordinator

John Eastman’s expert witness in disbarment hearing is barred for not being an expert | The Independent
Old 06-21-2023, 06:38 PM   #8386
GrantDawg

The censure barely passed, with 6 Republicans voting "present". When Schiff was called by the Speaker to the well to read the rebuke, he was surrounded by Democrats. Once done, they all started chanting "Shame!", "Disgrace!" And "Santos!". Basically, the Republicans have just guaranteed Schiff will be the next Senator from California by their own performance foolishness.
Btw, they were able to divert Boebert's impeachment resolution to comitee.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 06-21-2023, 11:56 PM   #8387
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64
How about we increase oversight on SCOTUS and also raise their total compensation (salary, subsidize housing & car, nice work related conferences in Hawaii, etc.).

Increase oversight how? IMO this comes back to the same thing it always does; the American people as a whole mostly do not want a government with integrity. They want one that implements what they agree with, except when what they agree with causes unforseen problems which it virtually always does; then they want a government that can effectively blame other causes for those problems.

SCOTUS appointments are lifetime in order to avoid political interference, but that does no good when judicial appointments are treated the way they are as political footballs, and rulings are typically assessed not based on whether they are faithful to the law, but whether they are faithful to popular opinions of the moment.

The only constitutional fix is impeachment of corrupt justices, but that doesn't help when we mostly want them to be corrupt, because if they weren't corrupt, they wouldn't vote in the ways we want them to. More practically, any solution requires the electorate to care more about integrity, fidelity to the law, etc. than their pet issues. In other words, voters who are noble enough to be worthy of the power they possess. Or of course we can give up on that happening and move to a more authoritarian form of government officially.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 06-21-2023 at 11:59 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 03:39 AM   #8388
GrantDawg

Wow, I don't agree with any of that at all. I don't expect the Supreme Court to rule only toward my political slant, and I want them to rule based on a fair assessment of the law by the letter and court precedent. I absolutely expect rulings to sometimes be against what I wish would the outcome was, but that ruling would come from a fair, meaningful and thought-out reading of the law. Even this court has made ruling that disagreed with expected partisan slant of the court, but they have been more prone to poorly argued breaches of precedent than any court in my lifetime.
Accountability is hard in this situation. They are lifetime appointments exactly for the reason you gave. But there was also a way put in place to remove justices if they were found to be corrupt. Unfortunately, we do not have a congress that is interested in anything but partisan hackery and makes any fair judgement for impeachment impossible.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 06-22-2023, 03:49 AM   #8389
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Do you think you are representative of Americans on that? I take it as a given - though it's backed up by overwhelming evidence IMO - that people who post on this forum are far more informed than the average voter. I agree with you on partisanship in Congress - and in case anybody thinks this is whataboutism or bothesidesism it's not, the majority of it these days comes from the right though they're far from having a monopoly - but the reason we have that partisanship is primarily because people want it. Seeking reasonable compromise is a quick path to getting primaried in much of the country.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 06-22-2023 at 03:53 AM.
Old 06-24-2023, 07:02 AM   #8390
Ksyrup

My in-laws are house-sitting for us so we don't have to board our dogs while we're in Canada, and as we were driving yesterday, my wife gets a text asking how to add a channel to YTTV. I said - I guarantee it's Fox News. Sure enough... I wanted to say something, but I let it go.

So now, based on how much they are going to watch it for the next 10 days, it's going to show up on my favorites when we get back. Great!
Old 06-24-2023, 07:04 AM   #8391
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
My in-laws are house-sitting for us so we don't have to board our dogs while we're in Canada, and as we were driving yesterday, my wife gets a text asking how to add a channel to YTTV. I said - I guarantee it's Fox News. Sure enough... I wanted to say something, but I let it go.

So now, based on how much they are going to watch it for the next 10 days, it's going to show up on my favorites when we get back. Great!

why didn't she just say "It won't allow it. All the channels are there."
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2023, 07:37 AM   #8392
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I dropped off my daughter at my in laws and they were watching newsmax. It was like learning your pot head kid has switched to meth.
Old 06-24-2023, 07:39 AM   #8393
Ksyrup

Because I think they found it while searching the channels. They just couldn't figure out how to add it so they didn't have to search every time.
Old 06-24-2023, 07:39 AM   #8394
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
I dropped off my daughter at my in laws and they were watching newsmax. It was like learning your pot head kid has switched to meth.

lol

Thankfully all the "crazy" side of my family lives down in the south
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2023, 09:46 AM   #8395
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post

Well at least you will have quick access to it now, whenever you need it!
Old 06-28-2023, 09:53 AM   #8396
Thomkal
Head Coach

So Trump is countersuing E.Jean Carroll for Defamation because the jury in her civil suit did not find him guilty of rape, like she has longed claimed.
Old 06-28-2023, 10:46 AM   #8397
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Possibly silly question; why are we still posting in this thread? The subject hasn't been relevant for almost three years.
Old 06-28-2023, 10:52 AM   #8398
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Possibly silly question; why are we still posting in this thread? The subject hasn't been relevant for almost three years.

Just a catch all for other Trump stories that don't deal with his current and future indictments
Old 06-28-2023, 11:19 AM   #8399
GrantDawg

The last time we had individual threads for these discussions, Big Brother combined them all into one thread for some unknown reason. I guess we are charged by the thread count.
Old 06-28-2023, 11:28 AM   #8400
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
So Trump is countersuing E.Jean Carroll for Defamation because the jury in her civil suit did not find him guilty of rape, like she has longed claimed.
Specifically, it is because she went on national television the next day and said she was raped after the trial didn't not convict him of that. I am not sure how much weight that actually has. Is the contrast from rape to sexual assault really that much more damaging to a reputation? "I didn't rape her, I just sexually assaulted her" doesn't really ring as a great defense. I have attorneys say the big thing on this is because he filed it, he can be compelled to testify on the stand and not just in a deposition. That could be interesting.