Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-19-2012, 01:19 PM   #801
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Anyway, gonna put the pot roast on and get some rest for my shift tonight. Wouldn't mind a gun, by the way. Just slide it under my pillow, I'll be in the bunk.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:28 PM   #802
Autumn
Head Coach

Wow.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:29 PM   #803
Autumn
Head Coach

So should we scrap the water mission? Sounds like we don't have room for anything more.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:29 PM   #804
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Uh, wow. Do we really need that much crystlium? We need 20 for take off and I need 4 for each slave pen I slaughter if we ever do that, and as far as I can recall, there was nothing else that requires the stuff. Unless something else comes up not in the rules that requires it, it doesn't seem like we need more than 28-40 tops.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:31 PM   #805
Autumn
Head Coach

Maybe we can keep the scientist back on the water mission, just send zinto and the slaves, and have them fill one warehouse with water? We could keep one full of crystilium, seal that baby up, and one full of water?
Old 06-19-2012, 01:31 PM   #806
hoopsguy
General Manager

Great result on Chyst-stuff. Should buy some minor trust for members of that group, along with a healthy respect for the power of random.org to work for good every once in a great while.

Sending in duties PM to BK now.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:36 PM   #807
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Maybe we can keep the scientist back on the water mission, just send zinto and the slaves, and have them fill one warehouse with water? We could keep one full of crystilium, seal that baby up, and one full of water?

Only problem with that is we already allocated (or planned to allocate) the slaves to do conversion work. We could have Schmidty do the conversion work instead of two of the slaves I suppose, though I was thinking the main benefit of pulling Schmidty off the water mission would be to have him study with Abe during the day.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:37 PM   #808
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

As long as Britrock is a sharing kind of guy.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:40 PM   #809
Barkeep49
Coordinator

In his normal take charge way, Hoops oversees work to be done at Warehouse 3 and the Officers' Offices.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:42 PM   #810
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Great result on Chyst-stuff. Should buy some minor trust for members of that group, along with a healthy respect for the power of random.org to work for good every once in a great while.

Sending in duties PM to BK now.

INCREDIBLY weird that you would mention random.org when earlier I had considered just casting a random vote, so I went there and 4 was the number that came up. Not weird in a suspicious way, just a neat coincidence.

FUCK EA
Old 06-19-2012, 01:43 PM   #811
Autumn
Head Coach

That's a good idea, JAG. Have Schmidty go help Abe. Zinto and the salves should be good enough on water (or we could scrap that mission and have Zinto do something else).

Barkeep, can we specifiy how we want to handle storage of water and crystal, which we want to keep, and how much?
Old 06-19-2012, 01:44 PM   #812
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
That's a good idea, JAG. Have Schmidty go help Abe. Zinto and the salves should be good enough on water (or we could scrap that mission and have Zinto do something else).

Barkeep, can we specifiy how we want to handle storage of water and crystal, which we want to keep, and how much?
As long as there is at least 20 Crystlium I will let the Galley Master do it for 1 AP
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:44 PM   #813
Autumn
Head Coach

Maybe we should just scrap the water mission, JAG. We don't expose Zinto to spawnifying, and we have the mission plan in our pocket in case we lose water later, or convert the water facility.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:45 PM   #814
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I'd say scrapping water seems like a fine idea for now, as long as we keep a 1 day supply in here I think we can handle things. The fence is still up and running, so we could get some more conversion work in if that would help.

FUCK EA
Old 06-19-2012, 01:49 PM   #815
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

And I can handle that, but that would also mean I can't guard the water tonight. I question whether we want to dump 4 units of crystlium and just make sure we have a days supply of water on hand, or I guess I can clear a whole warehouse strictly for water usage.

My opinion is that leaving things as they are for now would be a better idea rather than risking our facilities tonight, but whatever the bosses want, I'll handle it. Although I repeat I would love a gun if I am going to be guarding things tonight.

FUCK EA
Old 06-19-2012, 01:49 PM   #816
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

What about exploring instead?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #817
Zinto
College Starter

I was going to ask the same thing. Does it make sense for me to go get water right now or do you guys have a need for me to do anything else?
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #818
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I can handle the rearranging, that is.

FUCK EA
Old 06-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #819
Autumn
Head Coach

Well it seems we have 16 water right now, 64 Crystlium. If the baddies damage our water plant tonight, we'd have a small shortage. Though if Julio is protecting it that isn't a super threat. Especially since we could run two water missions tomorrow.

However, we could have Julio spend his action point to allow us to go on a water run and increase that to 40/40. That would give us two days reserve and plenty of Crystlium.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #820
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well it seems we have 16 water right now, 64 Crystlium. If the baddies damage our water plant tonight, we'd have a small shortage. Though if Julio is protecting it that isn't a super threat. Especially since we could run two water missions tomorrow.

However, we could have Julio spend his action point to allow us to go on a water run and increase that to 40/40. That would give us two days reserve and plenty of Crystlium.

I wouldn't want to go aboivoe 20 water at th eexpense of ore. We don't have a machine that makes us ore, we do have one for water. One day's supply for water and we can gt more is where I'd want to be, idelaly, with a 60/20 split

Old 06-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #821
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I think if I protect the water building and we don't need to send anyone on any more away missions, we'll be in good shape. If we keep the observation tower manned and keep guards at enough posts, we hopefully won't need to worry about the water situation.

FUCK EA
Old 06-19-2012, 01:53 PM   #822
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Maybe we should just scrap the water mission, JAG. We don't expose Zinto to spawnifying, and we have the mission plan in our pocket in case we lose water later, or convert the water facility.

That seems fine to me if you want, though I don't know that we have a task for Zinto in that case. It might be better to go forward with the water mission to get a decent supply of it (40-60 units) and scrap some of the crystlium.

I just realized we don't have to have a full 5 people go with Zinto, so he can take 3 slaves and Schmidty can assist Abe today, Julio can use his order to sort out the storage supplies as BK just mentioned, and I can do the conversion work, with the rest of our plans remaining the same.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:54 PM   #823
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

That was if something does happen, our security guy will know who did what.

FUCK EA
Old 06-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #824
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
I wouldn't want to go aboivoe 20 water at th eexpense of ore. We don't have a machine that makes us ore, we do have one for water. One day's supply for water and we can gt more is where I'd want to be, idelaly, with a 60/20 split

If we are looking for a 60/20 split then it is not worth the use of AP to try and get four more units of water. We will probably be alright with the water we have if Julio is going to be guarding our water tonight.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:56 PM   #825
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Just make sure to tell Danny to drop me a gun if I am to be watching the water facility tonight.

FUCK EA
Old 06-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #826
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Also, we should definitely save some crystlium to kill the slaves off before we take off, because they won't be anything but dead weight at that point.

FUCK EA
Old 06-19-2012, 01:59 PM   #827
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
I think if I protect the water building and we don't need to send anyone on any more away missions, we'll be in good shape. If we keep the observation tower manned and keep guards at enough posts, we hopefully won't need to worry about the water situation.

Julio, the problem is at some point we have to convert our water facility to the ship, and live on reserved water for the rest of the game. So we will need a large supply eventually.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:00 PM   #828
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Wouldn't we convert it last?

FUCK EA
Old 06-19-2012, 02:05 PM   #829
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Julio, the problem is at some point we have to convert our water facility to the ship, and live on reserved water for the rest of the game. So we will need a large supply eventually.

I think we can use the water facility on the ship once we lift off, we just need some to cover time periods when we convert it pre-lift off and if it ever gets damaged.

Now I'm wondering about scrapping the mission though. The spawn may not want to leave us in a position where we have a small water shortage (5 units) because if any of those 5 people don't get dehydrated, we'll know them for spawn. There's also the matter that in a few days 15 units may not be a shortage at all.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:09 PM   #830
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I think the last 2 things we should convert, in order, would the the sleeping quarters and their power facility, and then the water and its power facility. Once we get this baby in the air, we can focus on catching up on sleep and killing off any stowaways.

FUCK EA
Old 06-19-2012, 02:11 PM   #831
Autumn
Head Coach

I agree the sleeping quarters needs to be nearly last. But given that we can stock up on water, I don't know that we'll save it for last.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:13 PM   #832
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
What about exploring instead?

Exploration missions have to be planned, unfortunately.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:14 PM   #833
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I think we can use the water facility on the ship once we lift off, we just need some to cover time periods when we convert it pre-lift off and if it ever gets damaged.

Ah, another point I missed. Okay, that makes it much safer to just have a couple days reserves. One day to hopefully complete the two conversions, another day in case we miss it. Or just keep a water mission in our pocket, and have a day's reserves.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:15 PM   #834
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I think we should convert the water mission into an exploratory mission.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:15 PM   #835
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Now I'm wondering about scrapping the mission though. The spawn may not want to leave us in a position where we have a small water shortage (5 units) because if any of those 5 people don't get dehydrated, we'll know them for spawn. There's also the matter that in a few days 15 units may not be a shortage at all.

I agree it's not a likely target. It will be protected, and at best they'll dehydrate a handful of people. I'm sure there are juicier things to hit than that.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:16 PM   #836
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Oh well...

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:17 PM   #837
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

AH,, gotcha - missed that

Old 06-19-2012, 02:18 PM   #838
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

What do we need, 20 units of crystlium to kill off all the slaves?

We could do one more water mission tomorrow, hopefully use that to fill our water to 40, and call it good at that point..

I could then spend my point tomorrow to rearrange things after the team gets back with their water, and instead of sending them out today we can use the extra manpower to do more converting.

I think a consensus on what to convert when would be a good idea to come up with, then we can do what we need to to stick as closely to that plan as possible.

FUCK EA
Old 06-19-2012, 02:19 PM   #839
saldana
Pro Starter

I think if we don't need to send anyone else off ship, we should keep as many people on board as possible
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:19 PM   #840
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I think its best we discuss it now when there is the greatest chance that everyone involved in the discussion is spawn free.

FUCK EA
Old 06-19-2012, 02:20 PM   #841
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Less conflict of interest that way.

FUCK EA
Old 06-19-2012, 02:21 PM   #842
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
I think if we don't need to send anyone else off ship, we should keep as many people on board as possible

Very valuable point. If we can get everything we need right away, we have less of a chance of introducing more baddies into the picture.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:23 PM   #843
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

The thing is, Simbo already checked in and is doing work, not supervising people, so we're not going to be able to get any extra conversion work in. We'll save Schmidty from getting exhausted by having him train Abe during the day instead of at night is the best that will come from this.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #844
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Other than not exposing an extra 5 people and slaves to potential mutation of course, that's the real best thing to come from scrapping the mission.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:26 PM   #845
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

So ok, water mission scrapped. Zinto, maybe you take the slot that was being reserved for me/Julio doing conversion work, Julio guards water, and I fill in as needed. That seems like a good way to spread ourselves out.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:26 PM   #846
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah, I don't think we can get any extra conversion done. But it's still worth staying home probably.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #847
Autumn
Head Coach

JAG, Julio can't guard the water during the day.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:29 PM   #848
Autumn
Head Coach

Miner team - led by Autumn c
Shiggles c
Mauboy c
Britrock c
1 slave c

Warehouse 3 team
Hoopsguy supervising c
Autumn
Zinto

Simbo Klice working c

Darth Vilus supervising c
6 slaves

Officer Offices team
Hoopsguy supervising
Dubb
PackerFanatic

CrimsonFox supervising
6 slaves
Chubby supervising
4 slaves

Security HQ
Chief Rum c

Distributing Weapons
Danny

Trainer Training
Abe Sargent c
Schmidty

Assigning workers
LoneStarGirl

Investigating
Saldana

Those with a c have already completed the work.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:31 PM   #849
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Well now you can see why I was suggesting everyone not post their night actions. I didn't realize our statuses would be public. I wanted to sneak in some extra planning on night 1 and have it done to give us more flexibility down the pike. But I thought it would be bad if the Spawn knew who was exhausted. But now they know.

Good news is we have more plans ready!

how could you not? We've been saying they would be public. The other games they were public. This makes no sense.
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:31 PM   #850
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

So let me throw this out as an idea. What do we think about assigning an additional person as trainer? It seems like it could be useful to allow us to flexibly rearrange ourselves as needed twice as quickly as if we only had Abe (or if he is killed or mutated or is a starting spawn). I may have an action point free to do this depending on who does / doesn't show up, or we could have LSG do that if we think it's better than having a medic.