Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old Yesterday, 10:21 PM   #801
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Not able to watch the Sunday Night game. Is Wilson playing as poorly as his stats would indicate?

His stats look pretty good right now but I also wonder if he has played well. The running game has been looked pretty good when I glance at that box on the TV.

Is Rodgers deciding that someone is getting fired or traded for this loss?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:39 PM   #802
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Who is Rodgers going to blame for this loss?
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:28 AM   #803
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:50 AM   #804
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Athletic said something like, what's next, Rodgers trying to lure Jordy Nelson off the family farm?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:16 PM   #805
Arles
Grey Dog Software

It's so funny that the younger QBs like Purdy, Love & Stroud always fall on the sword if their WR or lineman makes a mistake. All three mentioned have done it multiple times year. Yet Rodgers is incapable of ever taking any blame for anything. It's like he feels he's so perfect that any loss is clearly a result of others not performing to his level.

I'm sure that's a great atmosphere to create in your locker room as well.

Last edited by Arles : Today at 12:16 PM.
Arles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:32 PM   #806
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Tua planning to come back.

He's a grown man making an informed choice (with, I am sure, about a billion people in his ear advising him).

I hope for the best and fear for the worst.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:16 PM   #807
miami_fan
Coordinator

I was trying to figure how to make a smart ass comment about the Panthers being shitty with Andy Daulton at QB but I think the stats might just suffice.

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS QBR RTG
Andy Dalton-11/16 93 5.8 0 2 2-4 3.2 44.0

Bryce Young 2/2 -4 -2.0 0 0 0-0 72.9 79.2
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:25 PM   #808
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

I'm not getting the sense Rodgers is blaming others completely. He made some comments about the team seeming to be flat going into Pittsburgh, but he also said he has to lead them through it and it is understandable after the sudden firing of a head coach who had not lost the locker room.

After the game, he made the appropriate noises about needing to play better himself. And he took some shots at the media, which he always does. It's a good thing that he is such a lock for the HoF, because he'd get the Dick Allen treatment if it were close.

It's a tough situation for him. He was brought in to win a Super Bowl for the Jets, got hurt. Now that he's back, he's clearly aging. Can't blame him for wanting Adams and Lazard around. You have to trust him to know the difference between good enough to win and good enough to be a serious threat to win the Super Bowl.

It's starting to fall apart for him, the wolves are circling and he can't disappear into a sensory deprivation tank. It's probably undeserved, but I feel a little sorry for him.

Tua... what scares me is the way he went down last time. It didn't look like much. What do they always say about the brain? It's like a Jell-O mold bouncing around in a hard shell. Yes, he's a "grown-ass man" (that term always makes me laugh) and he should be free to decide. But I worry about the defensive lineman who could end his life on a completely clean play. That would be hell to carry around with you. He won't even wear the guardian cap, which would be a powerful statement that other players would understand. I don't like this at all.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:43 PM   #809
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Yeah, he was better after Pitt, but the Buffalo loss was pretty rough from him. Basically putting it all on Mike Williams.

I've always struggled to see why teams like the Jets (and even the Bears) always seem to lose with talented skilled guys. I think it is some kind of organizational philosophy I can't quite pinpoint. When you look at the consistently good teams over the past 10+ years, you see organizations like NE (with Bill), GB, SF and KC that keep a high level of play (esp on both lines) regardless of the players. Detroit is starting to get there too. If you look at GB and KC specifically, their O-line is full of mid round picks (with no 1st rounders starting), yet they consistently play well.

There has to be some reason for this. Bringing in the Bears, two of their former guards (deemed not good enough) have been highly rated players on other teams this year. The Jets also never seem to have this despite having 1st and 2nd round picks on their OL.

Last edited by Arles : Today at 03:44 PM.
Arles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:53 PM   #810
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

So what is Carolina's plan? Are they just giving up on Young? I understand maybe sitting him a few games to reset but this is just bizarre.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote