Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-08-2009, 04:56 PM   #801
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

Cartman's day one vote was suspicious to me because of the timing (as explained by me in post 207), and now, when we had 3 people at two votes today (including cartman, I might add), and 2 with a vote on them as well, he goes and picks on someone that's coming at him, therefore spreading the vote out so that there are 2 people with two votes, and 4 with one. He also went after a person that trips CR's radar, and wouldn't need to be voted out to be eliminated if CR uses his power. It could be coincidence, but it's the best I have to go on at this point.

VOTE CARTMAN
USFLTecmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:57 PM   #802
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I agree you've been active today cartman. But has there content in the posts? I ask this seriously. Reading back over your posts before I did the recap, you definitely amused me a couple of times, but I had trouble, by and large, of telling what you thought. Like I said, serious question and I'm willing to be persuaded.

And, like I've said all along, without any kind of role other than cube jockey, there isn't much to add.

I do find it a bit strange that the range considered this morning for UTR was cut off at the number of posts I had at the time. When this whole UTR line of thinking was introduced, I had the most posts of those under consideration, although there were a couple of others that only had 2 to 4 more posts than I did. Seems like the UTR list was structured that way to target me specifically.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:58 PM   #803
Danny
Head Coach

Hopefully this will encourage more discussion/pressure on Autumn and allow CR to make a decision based on that pressure as well.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:05 PM   #804
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
And, like I've said all along, without any kind of role other than cube jockey, there isn't much to add.

I do find it a bit strange that the range considered this morning for UTR was cut off at the number of posts I had at the time. When this whole UTR line of thinking was introduced, I had the most posts of those under consideration, although there were a couple of others that only had 2 to 4 more posts than I did. Seems like the UTR list was structured that way to target me specifically.
UTR isn't just about posts. That was a short cut and all it got was Martin and USFL, essentially. Even at that time you had more posts than the two of them combined. However, I do feel like USFL added something, in posts 207, 386, and 801.

No UTR is about not being noticed. Sometimes posting a lot of fluff is a great way of not being noticed. People remember you're playing the game, probably have a warm fuzzy from making them chuckle once or twice, but can't think of any reason you're a wolf.

I too am just a humble cube dweller. But I feel like I've added something to the game. What I've added might be negative overall for the villagers (though I argue strongly that going after UTR players is good for the villagers in the long term) but I've added something, and I think USFL has as well.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:06 PM   #805
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by USFLTecmo View Post
Cartman's day one vote was suspicious to me because of the timing (as explained by me in post 207), and now, when we had 3 people at two votes today (including cartman, I might add), and 2 with a vote on them as well, he goes and picks on someone that's coming at him, therefore spreading the vote out so that there are 2 people with two votes, and 4 with one. He also went after a person that trips CR's radar, and wouldn't need to be voted out to be eliminated if CR uses his power. It could be coincidence, but it's the best I have to go on at this point.

VOTE CARTMAN

Apologies, I meant to mention that he DIDN'T pick on someone coming at him, and still spread the vote out for no particular reason.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:06 PM   #806
Danny
Head Coach

Im off, good luck guys
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:07 PM   #807
The Jackal
Coordinator

We have an updated count?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:11 PM   #808
MartinD
High School Varsity

This is a tough decision today - it's getting to the point where my head is starting to hurt thinking about it (in a good way, though - I am enjoying being part of the game, but that doesn't do anything about my incipient headache!) I honestly have no feel for who's a wolf/insider at this point, so am going with CR's gut feeling.

VOTE AUTUMN

(If this is noob thinking at its worst, and ends up being the wrong thing to do, at least I have an excuse - I am a newbie at this game!)
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:11 PM   #809
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
[quote=Barkeep49;1987612]UTR isn't just about posts. That was a short cut and all it got was Martin and USFL, essentially. Even at that time you had more posts than the two of them combined. /QUOTE]

And I guess I didn't make it clear in my previous post, there were a couple of others that only had a couple of posts more than me, that were never considered for UTR, and still haven't posted much today. Folks like hoopsguy, The Jackal, dubb93 had just a few more posts than me this morning, and haven't posted much at all today, yet they aren't being mentioned. That's why I got the feeling the UTR was a ploy to target me.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:12 PM   #810
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinD View Post
This is a tough decision today - it's getting to the point where my head is starting to hurt thinking about it (in a good way, though - I am enjoying being part of the game, but that doesn't do anything about my incipient headache!) I honestly have no feel for who's a wolf/insider at this point, so am going with CR's gut feeling.

VOTE AUTUMN

(If this is noob thinking at its worst, and ends up being the wrong thing to do, at least I have an excuse - I am a newbie at this game!)
To quote Herm Edwards, "This is good we can build on this!"

P.S. Sorry your head is hurting.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:14 PM   #811
Barkeep49
Coordinator

[quote=cartman;1987621]
Quote:
UTR isn't just about posts. That was a short cut and all it got was Martin and USFL, essentially. Even at that time you had more posts than the two of them combined. /QUOTE]

And I guess I didn't make it clear in my previous post, there were a couple of others that only had a couple of posts more than me, that were never considered for UTR, and still haven't posted much today. Folks like hoopsguy, The Jackal, dubb93 had just a few more posts than me this morning, and haven't posted much at all today, yet they aren't being mentioned. That's why I got the feeling the UTR was a ploy to target me.
1. Hoops is dead
2. I feel like the dubb has offered some substance. Sadly, it's been misguided in my direction, but it's been there.
3. I think because of some hubbub about you on D1 you're correct, though, that you were somewhat unfairly targeted for being UTR. This doesn't make it less true, no matter how unjust your being randomly chosen is.
4. Broken vBcode makes me weep.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:14 PM   #812
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Gah. Cartman's broken code breaks my code.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:15 PM   #813
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
What do we learn from an abe lynch?

That I am a roleless villager

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:16 PM   #814
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
To quote Herm Edwards, "This is good we can build on this!"

P.S. Sorry your head is hurting.

How is that different from my unvote/vote to Autumn, also based on CR's gut feeling?
Old 04-08-2009, 05:19 PM   #815
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
How is that different from my unvote/vote to Autumn, also based on CR's gut feeling?
It's not. That post had real substance. So we can build on that too!
Old 04-08-2009, 05:21 PM   #816
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

cartman, I agree. I like some of the stuff you've been bringing in the last couple of hours.

I'm sliding elsewhere. I'd like to see more from you though.

Unvote cartman
Vote Autumn

Old 04-08-2009, 05:22 PM   #817
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Candidate rundown:

Abe-- No suspicious reason to lynch. Gameplay reason to lynch to help validate Day One vote. Gut feel, not a wolf.

cartman-- I understand the fluff angle being argued. It's an interesting considering, but it comes down to just gut. Not enough evidence yet.

MartinD-- We have too many candidates to go after UTRs now, IMO.

lerriuqs-- Pass defended him. It's more than we get than with others, because at least with Pass, we know he's a wolf.

Autumn-- My thoughts already posted. Will admit that Autumn's posts and level of activity today have been of good quality, and that has dampened my feel for him being a wolf. But as much evidence for him from clap vote as Pass on lerriuqs.

Barkeep-- This jibes with my gut a lot. I can see BK being in the role dubb is putting forth. That said, we have no evidence at all right now.

As of now, I think my choice will come between lerriuqs and Autumn, because there is something concrete there for us to consider. I am undecided on whether I will use my power. Especially since I will be out after 4 p.m. my time and not be around for deadline.

BTW, I would classify my feelings of who are wolves as "weak" for just about everyone above, including Autumn and lerriuqs. My gut is really developing a liking to BK as a wolf, for no discernible reason than fit. But that's not enough today, IMO.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:24 PM   #818
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Folks like hoopsguy ... had just a few more posts than me this morning, and haven't posted much at all today, yet they aren't being mentioned.

I promise to post more when I'm alive
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:26 PM   #819
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I promise to post more when I'm alive

for some reason my eyes saw hoopsguy but my brain received barkeep.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:28 PM   #820
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:

that's what she said?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:31 PM   #821
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
that's what she said?

Eek.

OK, back to being dead now.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:33 PM   #822
Autumn
Head Coach

I think I've explained my actions pretty well, but am glad to explain them further for those who are voting/thinking of voting on me. I can guarantee you it's a bad idea, though voting for Cartman could be a bad idea too, I don't have any special knowledge there.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:38 PM   #823
cartman
Death Herald

Leaving the real life office now. Have to stop by the store on the way home, but I should be back online in about an hour.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:41 PM   #824
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

After the top of the hour, I'm gone until probably the night action deadline, so if there's nothing convincing me to change by then, it's not happening.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:41 PM   #825
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of 822:

MartinD 1 - Poli (764)
lerriuqs 1 - Lathum (677)
Abe Sargent 1 - PurdueBrad (681)
cartman 3 - Autumn (692), Barkeep49 (796), USFLTecmo (801)
Barkeep49 1 - dubb93 (761)
Autumn 4 - cartman (780), Danny (800), MartinD (808), Abe Sargent (816)

yet to vote: The Jackal, Chief Rum, lerriuqs
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:42 PM   #826
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of 822:

MartinD 1 - Poli (764)

yet to vote: The Jackal, Chief Rum, lerriuqs
Old 04-08-2009, 05:44 PM   #827
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

VOTE AUTUMN

I don't want to see a tie so this is really the only option.
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:48 PM   #828
Autumn
Head Coach

I would like to suggest that there is a good reason why it would be a poor choice for the group to lynch me before tonight. If I give more specifics than that it will remove the value of what I can offer. I hate to bring it up, both because it seems like a lame wolf ploy, and because it's losing advantage for us, but I can't think of any way of avoiding it. All I can ask is that the group give me the benefit of the doubt for this one cycle and look at me again tomorrow.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:48 PM   #829
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerriuqs View Post
VOTE AUTUMN

I don't want to see a tie so this is really the only option.

lol, talk about loss of short term memory. I though I had clicked on the "what do you do best thread" and this was the first post that popped up. I thought "that's pretty specific".
Old 04-08-2009, 05:50 PM   #830
Autumn
Head Coach

dola

the situation got worse, vote-wise, since I wrote that. I would like to ask chief and jackal, and those who have already voted for me, to reconsider. Cartman is my suspect, but I think anyone else would be a better choice right now.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:51 PM   #831
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of 822:

MartinD 1 - Poli (764)
Autumn 6 - cartman (780), Danny (800), MartinD (808), Abe Sargent (816), lerriuqs (829)

yet to vote: The Jackal, Chief Rum
Old 04-08-2009, 05:51 PM   #832
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of 831:

MartinD 1 - Poli (764)
Autumn 5 - cartman (780), Danny (800), MartinD (808), Abe Sargent (816), lerriuqs (829)

yet to vote: The Jackal, Chief Rum

Last edited by EagleFan : 04-08-2009 at 05:52 PM. Reason: correcting total to 5 for Autumn
Old 04-08-2009, 05:52 PM   #833
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

lol, how many times in a row can I screw up the totals...
Old 04-08-2009, 05:54 PM   #834
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Strange as it may seem, I am leaning toward buying what Autumn is selling, so long as he understands he will be the target tomorrow if we don't have the proof.

Only other candidate available with enough votes.

VOTE CARTMAN

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:55 PM   #835
Autumn
Head Coach

I've got to help my kids with the bath. I'll try to keep popping in.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:55 PM   #836
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

P.S. No one needs to be concerned about a tie tonight. There will be a lynch.

Old 04-08-2009, 05:56 PM   #837
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of 834:

MartinD 1 - Poli (764)
cartman 4 - Autumn (692), Barkeep49 (796), USFLTecmo (801), Chief Rum (834)
Autumn 5 - cartman (780), Danny (800), MartinD (808), Abe Sargent (816), lerriuqs (829)

yet to vote: The Jackal

Last edited by EagleFan : 04-08-2009 at 05:56 PM. Reason: text color
Old 04-08-2009, 05:58 PM   #838
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Candidate rundown:

Abe-- No suspicious reason to lynch. Gameplay reason to lynch to help validate Day One vote. Gut feel, not a wolf.

cartman-- I understand the fluff angle being argued. It's an interesting considering, but it comes down to just gut. Not enough evidence yet.

MartinD-- We have too many candidates to go after UTRs now, IMO.

lerriuqs-- Pass defended him. It's more than we get than with others, because at least with Pass, we know he's a wolf.

Autumn-- My thoughts already posted. Will admit that Autumn's posts and level of activity today have been of good quality, and that has dampened my feel for him being a wolf. But as much evidence for him from clap vote as Pass on lerriuqs.

Barkeep-- This jibes with my gut a lot. I can see BK being in the role dubb is putting forth. That said, we have no evidence at all right now.

As of now, I think my choice will come between lerriuqs and Autumn, because there is something concrete there for us to consider. I am undecided on whether I will use my power. Especially since I will be out after 4 p.m. my time and not be around for deadline.

BTW, I would classify my feelings of who are wolves as "weak" for just about everyone above, including Autumn and lerriuqs. My gut is really developing a liking to BK as a wolf, for no discernible reason than fit. But that's not enough today, IMO.

It's some good analysis, but I have one question with regards to people coming back to me on the point you've mentioned as this doesn't make any sense to me in gameplay.

Why would a wolf go anywhere near another wolf this early in the game? By my view and the way I've played it, you'll do yourself a lot more harm by keeping the others close, even if you do lose one first day. All you do is make it more likely that you get picked off in succession if one is picked out. I don't buy the argument at all - it's not logical at all.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:04 PM   #839
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
I refuse to vote for lerriuqs barring good info, because I haven't played with him enough to get a good style or sense.

I need to make an early SD vote, so I can vote for MartinD, cartman or Lathum, who all have one vote, bringing them even with lerriqus.

Like all of us, I have nothing on anyone. I prefer to push someone who is both utr and not, like BK has pointed out.

Vote cartman

still catching up but IMO this makes no sense.

You refuse to vote for lerriuqs because you haven't played with him, but Cartman hasn't played in years unless I am missing something...
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:19 PM   #840
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm back, did I miss anything?
Old 04-08-2009, 06:23 PM   #841
Autumn
Head Coach

Poli, read back a few. I'm the prime vote getter at the moment but I'm asking people to shift their votes.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:23 PM   #842
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I would like to suggest that there is a good reason why it would be a poor choice for the group to lynch me before tonight. If I give more specifics than that it will remove the value of what I can offer. I hate to bring it up, both because it seems like a lame wolf ploy, and because it's losing advantage for us, but I can't think of any way of avoiding it. All I can ask is that the group give me the benefit of the doubt for this one cycle and look at me again tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
dola

the situation got worse, vote-wise, since I wrote that. I would like to ask chief and jackal, and those who have already voted for me, to reconsider. Cartman is my suspect, but I think anyone else would be a better choice right now.

I'm going to give you benefit of the doubt Autumn.

UNVOTE AUTUMN

VOTE CARTMAN
Old 04-08-2009, 06:23 PM   #843
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Unvote lerriuqs
Vote BK

his day 1 vote pinged me and I was thinking the same thing Dubb was.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:23 PM   #844
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
still catching up but IMO this makes no sense.

You refuse to vote for lerriuqs because you haven't played with him, but Cartman hasn't played in years unless I am missing something...

I've played with Cartman in my earliest days, so I have clear recollections of him, if that makes sense. The first game I read was the Star Wars game, and my WW cherry was the next game, Schmidty's The Thing game, following by Tyrith's first game and someone's game about evil scientists in a lab. Now, if you were to ask me about the player's in, oh, tanglewood's Warhammer 40k game, I'd have no idea. But I remember the first few very clearly, if that makes sense. Maybe it doesn't.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:25 PM   #845
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of 842:

MartinD 1 - Poli (764)
cartman 5 - Autumn (692), Barkeep49 (796), USFLTecmo (801), Chief Rum (834). lerriuqs (842)

Old 04-08-2009, 06:25 PM   #846
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

I'm off - back way after deadline now...
Old 04-08-2009, 06:26 PM   #847
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- I still dont trust lerriuqs but Cartman strikes me as an inexpierienced player who isn't sure how to toe the line.

I am actualy surprised BK keeps bringing up his lack of substance in his posts. Cartman has very little werewolf experience so IMO it is only logical he wouldn't be a skilled in certain areas.

I think voting Cartman is a mistake being driven by BK.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:26 PM   #848
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Cartman if I had more to add I would at this point. I presented my case for Barkeep today and yesterday. Barkeep is my main suspect at this point. Obviously you are one of my suspects too as was my day 1 vote, but in my mind atleast Barkeep is just screaming out to me as bad(a very dangerous baddy if he is infact bad). I don't like to post just to be posting and I have nothing more to add at this point about Barkeep as he doesn't appear to be slipping up with his posts.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:26 PM   #849
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of 845:

MartinD 1 - Poli (764)
cartman 5 - Autumn (692), Barkeep49 (796), USFLTecmo (801), Chief Rum (834). lerriuqs (842)
Barkeep49 2 - dubb93 (761), Lathum (845)

Old 04-08-2009, 06:30 PM   #850
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I think voting Cartman is a mistake being driven by BK.

That thought had never crossed my mind however I believe there could be some truth to this comment.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote