Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-13-2006, 10:03 PM   #801
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

blade - my take on it is that it's irrelevant if hoops himself had the tiebreak. I believe:

a) hoops to be bad
b) being able to communicate with the evil tiebreaker person both started the bandwagon on bek and then switched off of him at the last minute to try and divert attention from himself

in addition to his comments tonight, hoops is at the top of my list for tomorrows vote.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 10:05 PM   #802
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
Are we going to get the information that bek is trying to tell us or not?

Id assume that if im right about bek, there is a 75% chance moses got it...so if the 75% chance worked in our favor, we will only know if moses reveals. And just watch alan and hoops call for moses to give up his info tomorrow as well.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 10:18 PM   #803
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, my "all day attack" on Bek started with a vote at 7:02PM (post #681) - less than an hour before the deadline. I suppose you could argue that I had hinted at voting for a quiet player earlier in the day, but I put in my vote when I got home from work just as I have in all three days so far. I'll provide a quick summary of the action here, with post numbers and timestamps to try and show you what I thought was significant in that last hour.

Note - today is the first time that I have switched my vote this game, and it was off Bek.

At 7:25 PM, at Post #696 I expressed concern over the rapid movement behind me.

At 7:38 PM, at Post #703 Bek came online and said we were making a wrong choice. But as I read it, he didn't give us much to work with to argue for changing the vote so I asked him to help construct his own defense.

Now he had twenty minutes here to come out with a reveal if we were at risk of losing one of the roles you are suggesting. At this stage in the game, I think it is worth taking the chance of living through the night rather than being lynched - especially true if you are the bodyguard and have some inherent protection against an attack.

Post #707 at 7:46 PM - he says Clover or Moses, which suggests that he is not Boxer if you are working with the idea that he pointed at horse earlier.

Up to Post #710 at 7:49PM is basically Bek and I talking - I'm pushing him to save himself. In other games, I've had it suggested that I was "coaching" a bad guy under similar circumstances.

Post #711, at 7:49 PM RealDeal votes for Bek. He makes the vote 5-3 at this point.

Post #715, at 7:50 PM I urge Bek to help himself down the stretch:
Quote:
Bek, I'm willing to switch my vote but we still have SIX people who have not voted with 10 minutes to go. Believe it or not, I'm trying to help you here but I'm also trying to get (force?) you into participating while you are in the thread.

Post #716 at 7:51 PM, DodgerChick votes for GoldenEagle, doesn't impact the end game voting here.

Post #720, at 7:51 PM Chubby argues for a tie:
Quote:
I'm thinking a tie might be a good thing tonight. We don't have a lot of info (seemingly an issue with the rules since we don't find out roles). A tie could get us more info as it did last time...

Post #723, 7:53 PMI update the vote totals. 5-3 Bek over Greyroofoo

Post #724, 7:53 PM Bek says he is a "barnyard animal"

Post #726, 7:54 PM Anxiety says his vote can be moved.

Post #730, 7:56 PM Greyroofoo switches his vote to Bek

Post #731, 7:56 PM I move my vote off of Bek to AE (had put out AE as option idea if he didn't show earlier)

Post #732, 7:57 PM Chubby votes for Grey

Post #734, 7:58 PM Anxiety moves from Bek to Chubby

Post #735, 7:58 PM Bek says we have killed a villager

And that is all she wrote. I'm willing to accept that the Revolutionaries were involved with the outcome here but I hope that this demonstrates that I was trying to get Bek to play the game, not to string him up.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 10:25 PM   #804
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Twice the rules have been changed... are you suggesting we might have gotten 2 baddies?

I really hope so.

Nope, the other way around. we got the change 2 times, and no change once. I think thats our way to know if they were good or bad.. so I think bullet yesterday was bad if I am right on my guess here
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 10:30 PM   #805
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Didn't the change in commandments happen on the two days we had a tie? Is it possilble that only bad guys get to break ties? Maybe that is why nobody wanted to reveal themselves as the tie breaker after day one. Because they were bad and maybe they knew the commandments would change.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 10:32 PM   #806
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I just finished catching up and would like to make a few comments.

I don't think the changing rules means all that much. In the book the animals kicked out the humans and started running things themselves. The more power they gained, the more they started acting like humans. They even changed their core rules to allow themselves the same vices the humans had. I think the rule changes are part of the scenery, but I'll be willing to take another look if we can really tie them to something.

I was the first to vote for Bek. My reasons were mostly because he was quiet and because he had voted for me. I know he wasn't the most quiet, but I picked fairly randomly from the quiet ones. I didn't mean to start a bandwagon, but it might be worthwhile to see who jumped on it.

I had the tie-breaker today. I didn't get a chance to pick Bek for the tie-breaker kill, my earlier vote counted for 2. Had I been online at vote time, I'm not sure what I would have done. I mention my tie-breaker status just so that we can have another true fact floating around to use for analysis.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 10:33 PM   #807
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

If there is any point to the rules changing, remember that we had two people die since the last time the rules were posted. I still don't think it means anything though.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:33 PM   #808
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm going to look at the Day 2 vote here, since we did not see a message update after this one. For now, I would like to assume that this means we had a good lynch.

Post #467 shows the final votes:
bulletsponge 7 -- BrianD (364), Chubby (373), GoldenEagle (400), Anxiety (409), Swaggs (424), Lathum (440), RealDeal (443)
GoldenEagle 4 -- Alan T (296), Grammaticus (297), bulletsponge (349), Greyroofoo (432)
BrianD 3 -- Bek (343), Conflaguration (379), Blade (430)
Anxiety 1 -- Passacaglia (381)
Grammaticus 1 -- Dodgerchick (382)
Passacaglia 1 -- hoopsguy (425)

Not voting: ardent

But the last post before the deadline was Post #443.

6:58PM, Post #424, Swaggs breaks a 4-4 tie with a vote for Bulletsponge
6:59PM, Post #425, I vote for Passacaglia (first vote of day for him)
7:33PM, Post #430, Blade unvotes me, casts 3rd vote for BrianD (5-4-3 on votes now)
7:39 PM, Post #432 Greyroofoo unvotes Blade, votes for GoldenEagle to create a 5-5 tie between Bullet and GE
7:41 PM, Post #433 GE asks Grey why he moved his vote from Blade to him
7:44 PM, Post #434 Blade answers the question for Grey
7:49 PM, GE replies to Blade, saying that his explanation is suspicious
7:55 PM, Blade asks if anyone has the guts to break the tie (note that his vote is in play to do exactly this)
7:57 PM, Lathum moves his vote from RealDeal to Bullet (6-5)
7:58 PM, Lathum explains that ties are never good
7:58 PM, RealDeal unvotes GE, votes for Bullet (7-4), last vote during this period
Old 09-13-2006, 10:34 PM   #809
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Didn't the change in commandments happen on the two days we had a tie? Is it possilble that only bad guys get to break ties? Maybe that is why nobody wanted to reveal themselves as the tie breaker after day one. Because they were bad and maybe they knew the commandments would change.

Couldnt it also just be they change every other day? Last game, when you all killed me wrongly, the reason was me being bad was the simplest answer, and therefore the right one. The simplist answer is that they are pre-determined to change.

Otherwise, rules would change after night kills as well. The bad guys get closer to victory every day. The rules are just a feature of the game.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:35 PM   #810
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Blade seems all up in arms over me here. Im not sure if he's more upset because I voted for his friend, or if its because he's trying to point everyone in the wrong direction.

Keep on saying false stories about me though, it only makes you look worse as time goes on. I argued against your hampering us from trying to set up a circle of trust, and I have been doing nothing but trying to work to put together the pieces in this game since we have limited information. What have you done other than throw around attacks at people and try to keep us from making detailed decisions so far?

Like I said before, you don't like it when people confront you and because i stood up for the village you see me as a threat. I'll take that just fine.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:37 PM   #811
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Blade seems all up in arms over me here. Im not sure if he's more upset because I voted for his friend, or if its because he's trying to point everyone in the wrong direction.

Keep on saying false stories about me though, it only makes you look worse as time goes on. I argued against your hampering us from trying to set up a circle of trust, and I have been doing nothing but trying to work to put together the pieces in this game since we have limited information. What have you done other than throw around attacks at people and try to keep us from making detailed decisions so far?

Like I said before, you don't like it when people confront you and because i stood up for the village you see me as a threat. I'll take that just fine.
Go back to day 2 when hoopsguy was telling me you were his top suspect. I refused to comment on it, just like i said. Now, ironically, he totally forgets about it and goes after bek today. Odd how that works, no?
Demotivation
Old 09-13-2006, 10:41 PM   #812
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Go back to day 2 when hoopsguy was telling me you were his top suspect. I refused to comment on it, just like i said. Now, ironically, he totally forgets about it and goes after bek today. Odd how that works, no?

I still think you often just throw whatever out at the wall and see what sticks. You have been in plenty of games where I have been bad, and in games where i have been good. Im not sure if you really honestly feel Im bad or just trying to get reaction out of me. At this point though I am pretty sure its not just you testing the waters and instead you are actually trying to set me up to try to get me lynched.

You know I said already that my role in this game isn't important, so you arent going to waste a night kill on me, you set up this elaborate story saying how if I don't die tonight then I must be bad. I have watched you all day try to work the village to try to lynch me and do your dirty work for you. The whole "well if he isn't dead yet, he must be bad" trick. Meanwhile it frees you up to have time and go around and try to find the seer or other important roles.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:43 PM   #813
hoopsguy
General Manager

Looking at the Day 2 votes, here are my impressions of the people voting for Bullet (assumes he had an evil role)

- Swaggs is trusted 100%.
- Lathum is pretty trusted, as he was the sole night kill
- RealDeal moves up the trust list, his vote change was one minute after Lathum's
- BrianD gets points for being first to cast a vote on him, although others brought him up first
- GE is making a self-preservation vote, but what are the odds we have two bad guys colliding on this vote?

Greyroofoo bailed off of Bullet late and I haven't commented on Chubby and Anxiety here. Not sure what to make of my impressions on them at the moment.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:46 PM   #814
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I still think you often just throw whatever out at the wall and see what sticks. You have been in plenty of games where I have been bad, and in games where i have been good. Im not sure if you really honestly feel Im bad or just trying to get reaction out of me. At this point though I am pretty sure its not just you testing the waters and instead you are actually trying to set me up to try to get me lynched.

You know I said already that my role in this game isn't important, so you arent going to waste a night kill on me, you set up this elaborate story saying how if I don't die tonight then I must be bad. I have watched you all day try to work the village to try to lynch me and do your dirty work for you. The whole "well if he isn't dead yet, he must be bad" trick. Meanwhile it frees you up to have time and go around and try to find the seer or other important roles.

Are you kidding me? Go quote my posts where i say if you dont die tonight your bad. Or the one where i say if you arent dead yet, you must be bad. You said it yourself, so now ill just quote you and change the names

Quote:
Thats probably my biggest frustration so far this game.. AlanT so enjoyes taking my words and saying I said things I completely didn't.

Either you all are not reading my posts and are good, or you're bad and purposely trying to stir the pot. My guess is the latter.
Demotivation
Old 09-13-2006, 10:48 PM   #815
Swaggs
Coordinator

For what it is worth, Alan is the only other person in this game that I trust right now.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 10:50 PM   #816
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Are you kidding me? Go quote my posts where i say if you dont die tonight your bad. Or the one where i say if you arent dead yet, you must be bad. You said it yourself, so now ill just quote you and change the names

Ok, will do. You said it earlier. give me time to find it.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:50 PM   #817
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
For what it is worth, Alan is the only other person in this game that I trust right now.

Becuase he spent all day agreeing with you...if i was bad, i would have agreed with you...not calling your idea stupid. You are the only cleared villager, think about it...what would the bad guys do? They would suck up to you...who has? alan
Demotivation
Old 09-13-2006, 10:51 PM   #818
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

and my circle of distrust expands...

hoops and brian d are not on the side of good.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:52 PM   #819
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Frankenstein game(2 games ago) and some key notes about roles:

14. greyroofoo - killed, night 5 COUNT DRACULA
10. Bulletsponge - wolf
7. Chief Rum - wolf
4. tanglewood - Dr. Reimann

The four bad guys, with the first 3 being the ones doing the night kills(and the key of why i went back, they choose to kill saldana on night one as well)

22. saldana - killed, Night 1 villager
6. Alan T - killed, night 2, villager
8. Lathum - staked, day 3, villager(by Reimann swap)

Those are the first 3 deaths caused the by the bad guys(night 3 was GE, but hes not dead so i didnt feel it was relevant yet). So the 2 they have killed this game so far were 2 of the first 3 gone there.

Of the bad guys, only greyroofoo is still alive(though bullet was, which may be noteworthy if you think we got a bad guy). Of the good ones, alan is still alive, which may speak badly of him.

Overall, since we have nothing to go on, and i know this is really pulling at strings:

VOTE GREYROOFOO

Here you go, since I am still alive, it must mean I'm bad right? When you control who is and is not killed at night, its really easy to throw out reasons people will or will not be dead without worrying about what will end up happening.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:54 PM   #820
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Here you go, since I am still alive, it must mean I'm bad right? When you control who is and is not killed at night, its really easy to throw out reasons people will or will not be dead without worrying about what will end up happening.

Where do i say since you are alive you must be bad? I say "it might cast a bad light on alan." Dont misquote me and change my words around. That comment even hinges upon grey being bad, which i dont believe.

Lies and deceptions...just pathetic
Demotivation
Old 09-13-2006, 10:54 PM   #821
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Becuase he spent all day agreeing with you...if i was bad, i would have agreed with you...not calling your idea stupid. You are the only cleared villager, think about it...what would the bad guys do? They would suck up to you...who has? alan

I haven't sucked up to anyone. I've said when I disagreed with who Swaggs was voting for or going after or reasoning on things.. Just because I think developing a circle of trust in a way that won't cause any of our secret roles to be outed is important, that doesn't mean Im sucking up.. thats how you win these games.

How many games in a row do we have to go where we say information is our key to winning? its like every game different people are arguing to keep information (that will NOT hurt us) quiet... usually those people are bad.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:55 PM   #822
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Alan T and RealDeal make my 2nd tier or "not trusted" due to guilty by association
Old 09-13-2006, 10:56 PM   #823
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Where do i say since you are alive you must be bad? I say "it might cast a bad light on alan." Dont misquote me and change my words around. That comment even hinges upon grey being bad, which i dont believe.

Lies and deceptions...just pathetic

Well its hard for me to convince a wolf to not try to stir up stuff, so I guess I will stop trying. Not sure how Im lying when I quote your exact post.. but oh well!

Either way, guess I'm heading to bed. I know who I'll be after tommorrow.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:56 PM   #824
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I haven't sucked up to anyone. I've said when I disagreed with who Swaggs was voting for or going after or reasoning on things.. Just because I think developing a circle of trust in a way that won't cause any of our secret roles to be outed is important, that doesn't mean Im sucking up.. thats how you win these games.

How many games in a row do we have to go where we say information is our key to winning? its like every game different people are arguing to keep information (that will NOT hurt us) quiet... usually those people are bad.

Information is key to victory. Revealing information before you have evidence enough to damn the bad guys is key to a loss. Its day 3, we werent going to pin any bad guys yet.

What else ya got?
Demotivation
Old 09-13-2006, 10:57 PM   #825
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Well its hard for me to convince a wolf to not try to stir up stuff, so I guess I will stop trying. Not sure how Im lying when I quote your exact post.. but oh well!

Either way, guess I'm heading to bed. I know who I'll be after tommorrow.

You quote a post wherein not once do i say either comment you accuse me of saying....oh well
Demotivation
Old 09-13-2006, 11:00 PM   #826
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

Seriously, how long should Moses and Clover wait to use their PM powers?

You said Days 6, 7, 8. You must realize that by Day 6, there will have been five lynches and, potentially, seven night kills. That is 12 dead out of 20 or, at best (with Pilkington possibly dead and one or two guardian blocks) 9 out of 20 dead. If 9 of 20 are dead and there are still revolutionaries living, that is a better than 50% chance that each of the three players that have useful roles are dead. To me, that is very clearly stupid and counterproductive to the good side.

You want to call my idea stupid, fine. At least it would allow us to have some information before it is lost, unavailable, or unreliable.

Give me a better idea, beyond your gut feel, to help us build a circle of trust.

I'll be waiting to hear it.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:00 PM   #827
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Looking at the Day 2 votes, here are my impressions of the people voting for Bullet (assumes he had an evil role)

- Swaggs is trusted 100%. check
- Lathum is pretty trusted, as he was the sole night kill check
- RealDeal moves up the trust list, his vote change was one minute after Lathum's which makes his suspect, along with you trying to get him trusted
- BrianD gets points for being first to cast a vote on him, although others brought him up first buzz, wrong. BrianD played the role you did today. It simply cost you a teammate you may or may not have known about
- GE is making a self-preservation vote, but what are the odds we have two bad guys colliding on this vote?

Greyroofoo bailed off of Bullet late and I haven't commented on Chubby and Anxiety here. Not sure what to make of my impressions on them at the moment.

I know I'm good (regardless of others opinions) hence you are not trying to build any trust in me.

If I end up offed tonight, everyone will know why. Get too close to figuring out the baddie list and they want you dead. Hopefully putting this out there will save me for a day or two.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:01 PM   #828
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
I know I'm good (regardless of others opinions) hence you are not trying to build any trust in me.

If I end up offed tonight, everyone will know why. Get too close to figuring out the baddie list and they want you dead. Hopefully putting this out there will save me for a day or two.

If i were them, id kill someone like realdeal or swaggs...someone who supports their cause, but is not apart of their numbers. That way the can say look what blade and chubby did, and get us killed during the lynch and maximize their efficiency.
Demotivation
Old 09-13-2006, 11:03 PM   #829
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
and my circle of distrust expands...

hoops and brian d are not on the side of good.

You think I'm not on the side of good? When this game is over, I'll have to go back and see where I gave people a bad taste about me.

I have tried to be pretty open with ideas. I also gave out tie-breaker information to add to the list of known facts. I've got nothing to hide. I guess the one good thing about all of this distrust I am getting is that the seer has probably already taken a look at me, so he/she will know the truth.

If the seer has taken a look at me, I am not recommending that you tell people what you saw. You will know when you have enough information to help out the villagers. I'd rather be wrongly-lynched than have you out yourself early just to save me.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:03 PM   #830
Swaggs
Coordinator

Blade, you and Bek keep saying that it would be a reveal.

It would not be a reveal--the players would retain their anonymity. They would just be sharing some information, before they do an actual reveal.

In my opinion, this is the one benefit that we have to overcome the lack of reveals upon death. I simply do not see why we should not use it.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:04 PM   #831
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
If i were them, id kill someone like realdeal or swaggs...someone who supports their cause, but is not apart of their numbers. That way the can say look what blade and chubby did, and get us killed during the lynch and maximize their efficiency.

I think RealDeal is bad so I don't see him being killed unless he's a sacrifice which I don't think they can afford right now (but who knows)

My Evil list right now (in order of who I am the most sure is bad to least):
hoops, BrianD, AlanT, RealDeal
Old 09-13-2006, 11:06 PM   #832
RealDeal
High School Varsity

The rule changes cofnuse me. After the Day 1 kill, a rule was changed. After the Day 2 kill, no rules changed, but after the Day 3 kill, two rules changed. I wonder if that means something or Path just forgot to change a rule after Day 2.

I voted for bullet, but I don't understand how we can assume we got a bad guy there. We have absolutely nothing to base that on. For all we know, so far we have killed three villagers. In fact for all we know, both main candidates all three days were villagers.

Not really into this so far. We aren't building any real useful info. Every day we just start over like its day 1.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 11:06 PM   #833
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
I just finished catching up and would like to make a few comments.

I don't think the changing rules means all that much.
In the book the animals kicked out the humans and started running things themselves. The more power they gained, the more they started acting like humans. They even changed their core rules to allow themselves the same vices the humans had. I think the rule changes are part of the scenery, but I'll be willing to take another look if we can really tie them to something.

I was the first to vote for Bek. My reasons were mostly because he was quiet and because he had voted for me. I know he wasn't the most quiet, but I picked fairly randomly from the quiet ones. I didn't mean to start a bandwagon, but it might be worthwhile to see who jumped on it.

I had the tie-breaker today. I didn't get a chance to pick Bek for the tie-breaker kill, my earlier vote counted for 2. Had I been online at vote time, I'm not sure what I would have done. I mention my tie-breaker status just so that we can have another true fact floating around to use for analysis.

No need to wait til postgame.

I bolded the areas to make sure everyone sees where my decisionmaking is coming from.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:07 PM   #834
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Seriously, how long should Moses and Clover wait to use their PM powers?

You said Days 6, 7, 8. You must realize that by Day 6, there will have been five lynches and, potentially, seven night kills. That is 12 dead out of 20 or, at best (with Pilkington possibly dead and one or two guardian blocks) 9 out of 20 dead. If 9 of 20 are dead and there are still revolutionaries living, that is a better than 50% chance that each of the three players that have useful roles are dead. To me, that is very clearly stupid and counterproductive to the good side.

You want to call my idea stupid, fine. At least it would allow us to have some information before it is lost, unavailable, or unreliable.

Give me a better idea, beyond your gut feel, to help us build a circle of trust.

I'll be waiting to hear it.

YOUR FRIENDS JUST KILLED ONE OF OUR 3 SEERS(in my opinion). Your telling me thats a good way to earn a COT? The only reason your alive in my mind is they see you as no threat. If they did, you would have died already. They obviously dont see you as one, and if im right about who is bad they are treating you like a puppet. Get the moses and clover to send you their info now instead of once they find out some bad guys, and its all but game over. Those 2 roles are only powerful if the bad guy dont know your on to them. Your plan destroys that. Id rather them find out a bad guy was killed, and then study who was protecting/supporting him and their actions over the coming days.

I think we lost a seer(well, part seer), and im worried the other one is going to buy into your plan and cost us this game. Though, to be fair, after how their playing most of you i cant imagine we have any shot left.
Demotivation
Old 09-13-2006, 11:08 PM   #835
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal View Post
The rule changes cofnuse me. After the Day 1 kill, a rule was changed. After the Day 2 kill, no rules changed, but after the Day 3 kill, two rules changed. I wonder if that means something or Path just forgot to change a rule after Day 2.

I voted for bullet, but I don't understand how we can assume we got a bad guy there. We have absolutely nothing to base that on. For all we know, so far we have killed three villagers. In fact for all we know, both main candidates all three days were villagers.

Not really into this so far. We aren't building any real useful info. Every day we just start over like its day 1.

If only we could think of a way to figure out whether bullet was good or bad.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:08 PM   #836
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
No need to wait til postgame.

I bolded the areas to make sure everyone sees where my decisionmaking is coming from.

So by being very clear about what I am doing and thinking, you think I am bad?
Old 09-13-2006, 11:08 PM   #837
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

And you've just cemented your place on my list of distrust. thank you.

I'm going a little backwards this game. With the way things are setup, I'm deciding it's easier for me to make a list of people I don't trust than the normal COT.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:10 PM   #838
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade, you and Bek keep saying that it would be a reveal.

It would not be a reveal--the players would retain their anonymity. They would just be sharing some information, before they do an actual reveal.

In my opinion, this is the one benefit that we have to overcome the lack of reveals upon death. I simply do not see why we should not use it.

They want the seers to use their PM power now, with you, so they can find out who they killed at night, as well as eliminate the future threat that the PM power being used with a later ally would create more opposition to their cause. You are the least threatening person they could have the two half seers tell, as you are basically in their pockets already, and it prevents the half seers from gaining future allies through their PM power when the game is in the balance.
Demotivation
Old 09-13-2006, 11:10 PM   #839
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
So by being very clear about what I am doing and thinking, you think I am bad?

wiki is your friend.

So either:
a) you didn't really "catch up"

or

b) you're choosing to distort facts for your own purpose (which isn't helping good)
Old 09-13-2006, 11:11 PM   #840
hoopsguy
General Manager

Chubby, I'm really not sure about you at this point - I'm not trying to set up some kind of a trap tomorrow or anything like that.

You barely posted before the deadline tonight, and at that time you asked for a tie. We get one and it worked out poorly. Truth be told, I was more suspicious of you before BrianD revealed that he had the tie. Your distrust list comes pretty close to naming the people I trust the most, so we are obviously looking at the game through a very different lense. That doesn't necessarily make you bad, but I'm having a hard time understanding your actions.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:13 PM   #841
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
wiki is your friend.

So either:
a) you didn't really "catch up"

or

b) you're choosing to distort facts for your own purpose (which isn't helping good)

I'm afraid I didn't understand this post at all, could you rephrase it for me? I didn't understand the 'wiki' comment, what you meant by me not really catching up, or what facts I distorted.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:13 PM   #842
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
If only we could think of a way to figure out whether bullet was good or bad.

You just likely killed the best option...when the player i have pegged as moses dies, then we will truly be screwed
Demotivation
Old 09-13-2006, 11:13 PM   #843
RealDeal
High School Varsity

are chubby and blade twins separated at birth?
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 11:15 PM   #844
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
YOUR FRIENDS JUST KILLED ONE OF OUR 3 SEERS(in my opinion). Your telling me thats a good way to earn a COT? The only reason your alive in my mind is they see you as no threat. If they did, you would have died already. They obviously dont see you as one, and if im right about who is bad they are treating you like a puppet. Get the moses and clover to send you their info now instead of once they find out some bad guys, and its all but game over. Those 2 roles are only powerful if the bad guy dont know your on to them. Your plan destroys that. Id rather them find out a bad guy was killed, and then study who was protecting/supporting him and their actions over the coming days.

I think we lost a seer(well, part seer), and im worried the other one is going to buy into your plan and cost us this game. Though, to be fair, after how their playing most of you i cant imagine we have any shot left.

Aren't you taking a hell of a leap here? Why is it your opinion that Bek was a seer? He had his ass on the line and died silently, even after I urged him to spit out what he knew, as it could have saved his life. Don't give me crap that he thought it was too early.

Unless he told you that when he was bringing you your lunch the other day, how else would you know?

You assuming that Bek was the seer and that Alan is evil for voting for him is an awful lot of assumptions to just believe you with. Particularly with your WW track record of throwing every conceivable theory out as fact and then only claiming the ones you are correct on.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:16 PM   #845
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

The whole rules of the village thing is a total distraction..dont worry about it at all. Focus on not being led astray real. We have never got along too well, but im asking you to think long and hard about what has been laid before you.
Demotivation
Old 09-13-2006, 11:17 PM   #846
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Chubby, I'm really not sure about you at this point - I'm not trying to set up some kind of a trap tomorrow or anything like that.

You barely posted before the deadline tonight, and at that time you asked for a tie. We get one and it worked out poorly. Truth be told, I was more suspicious of you before BrianD revealed that he had the tie. Your distrust list comes pretty close to naming the people I trust the most, so we are obviously looking at the game through a very different lense. That doesn't necessarily make you bad, but I'm having a hard time understanding your actions.

we're on different teams.

I'm good.

You're bad.

Hence, my actions will not be beneficial to you or your trust list.

Amazing that the people I don't trust would be your CoT.

The tie has brought out more information that I anticipated to be honest, I never want to see an ally of good die but I have gleaned a LOT of info from the tie (and I hope others have too).

Scan me, kill me, lynch me... go nuts. I'm a basic good sheep nothing more. If killing me means another day of life for the seers than all the better. I can be vocal now because I'm pretty sure of my CoDT (circle of distrust, patent pending) and if I die, the good side loses nothing but a commoner.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:17 PM   #847
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
You just likely killed the best option...when the player i have pegged as moses dies, then we will truly be screwed

Since I voted for Anxiety, how did I kill the best option?

You throw so much crap out, I wonder if you realize how ridiculous it is.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:18 PM   #848
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
are chubby and blade twins separated at birth?

Why dont you lynch him like you did bek, becuase if they have any idea similar to mine they must be evil. God forbid someone questions the authority alan and hoops are weilding right now.
Demotivation
Old 09-13-2006, 11:19 PM   #849
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm afraid I didn't understand this post at all, could you rephrase it for me? I didn't understand the 'wiki' comment, what you meant by me not really catching up, or what facts I distorted.

good, because RealDeal made the same mistake you did. That mistake cemented him on my list of distrust.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:19 PM   #850
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Since I voted for Anxiety, how did I kill the best option?

You throw so much crap out, I wonder if you realize how ridiculous it is.

By you i mean the group you have clung to. Note, it was hoops, alan, brian, and realdeal who got bek lynched really...oh wow, that reads just like your trust list!! CRAZY!!!
Demotivation