Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-23-2008, 09:03 PM   #801
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
He was saying that because he had already voted no on it long ago, although I am not sure why he brought it back up (maybe someone q uestioned his vote?)

I'm listed as not voting on this in the official tally.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:03 PM   #802
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

That would be why you reaffirmed it then. I missed that
Old 07-23-2008, 09:10 PM   #803
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

FINAL VOTE COUNT

Does this appear to be correct?

LYNCH VOTE
Claphamsa (9) – EagleFan-D (627), PackerFanatic-D (641), Path12-D (643), Chubby-D (718), henry296-D (729), Mccollins-D (735), Chesapeake-D (752), Lathum-D (755), Kwhit-D (786)
Henry296 (8)– Mrs. Schmidty-R (728), jeheinz72-R (708), Render-R (713), Illinifan999-R (714), Tyrith-R (719), PurdueBrad-R (725), st.cronin-R (767), Claphamsa-R (774)
Kwhit (1) - Passacaglia-R (745)

ENDORSEMENT
Illinifan999 – Tyrith-R (573), jeheinz72-R (575), Claphamsa-R (576), st.cronin-R (578), PurdueBrad-R (590), Mrs. Schmidty-R (597), Passacaglia-R (635), Render-R (726)
PackerFanatic – Mccollins-D (580), KWhit-D (581), Chesapeake-D (582), Path12-D (583), Henry296-D (605), Lathum-D (607), EagleFan-D (627), Chubby-D (744)

WOLF SECURITY BILL REDUX
FAIL (3)– Claphamsa-R (601), Tyrith-R (612), Passacaglia-R (660)
PASS (14) – Kwit-D (599), PackerFanatic-D (600), Mccollins-D (603), Henry296-D (605), Lathum-D (607), PurdueBrad-R (608), jeheinz72-R (613), Illinifan999-R (637), Chesapeake-D (640), Chubby-D (670), EagleFan-D (690), Render-R (713), Mrs. Schmidty-R (728), path12-D (611)
Not Voted – st.cronin-D

WOLF OBSERVATION ACT
FAIL (4) – Kwhit-D (662), Lathum-D (678), Path12-D (705), Chesapeake-D (667)
PASS (12) – Tyrith-R (659), Passacaglia-R (660), st.cronin-R (661), Henry296-D (664), PackerFanatic-D (665), Claphamsa-R (668), Chubby-D (670), jeheinz72-R (673), Render-R (713), IlliniFan999-R (714), PurdueBrad-R (724), Mrs. Schmidty--R (728)
Not Voted – Mccollins-D, EagleFan-D

NATIONAL SEER COMMUNICATION ACT
FAIL (4) – Tyrith-R (689), Path12-D (705), PurdueBrad-R (724), Mrs. Schmidty-R (728)
PASS (12) – Chubby-D (681), Kwhit-D (682), PackerFanatic-D (684), Chesapeake-D (686), Lathum-D (688), EagleFan-D (690), jeheinz72-R (708), Render-R (713), Illinifan999-R (714), Henry296-D (715), Mccollins-D (737), Passacaglia-R (743),
Not Voted – st.cronin-R, Claphamsa-R

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 07-24-2008 at 12:54 AM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:11 PM   #804
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
I'm listed as not voting on this in the official tally.

Yes, that was carried over from olie's count (you see me pass that on, heh). I switched it to reflect the correct post #. Thanks, C'pk.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:11 PM   #805
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Looks all pretty good to me.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:12 PM   #806
chesapeake
College Starter

The number votes on the seer bill appears from what you have there to be actuall 3/13
Old 07-23-2008, 09:12 PM   #807
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Can we change bill votes? LOL, I would have asked but I noticed I had no time.

You know what? No, you can't. In my haste covering the wolf vote, I was just switching votes left and right. I will switch you back.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:13 PM   #808
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Haha - thats right, you said yesterday that bill votes are locked in.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:14 PM   #809
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
FINAL VOTE COUNT

Does this appear to be correct?

WOLF SECURITY BILL REDUX
FAIL (3)– Claphamsa-R (601), Tyrith-R (612), Passacaglia-R (660)
PASS (13) – Kwit-D (599), PackerFanatic-D (600), Mccollins-D (603), Henry296-D (605), Lathum-D (607), PurdueBrad-R (608), jeheinz72-R (613), Illinifan999-R (637), Chesapeake-D (640), Chubby-D (670), EagleFan-D (690), Render-R (713), Mrs. Schmidty-R (728)
Not Votedst.cronin-D, Path12-D

There is a very serious problem with this vote count.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:15 PM   #810
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The number votes on the seer bill appears from what you have there to be actuall 3/13

Thanks. I fixed it and switched Tyrith back.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:15 PM   #811
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Note to self: keep a running vote count for simplicity sake tomorrow
Old 07-23-2008, 09:17 PM   #812
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

All right, everything fixed. Let's go have an election party.

Writeup coming up.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:18 PM   #813
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

*dances*
Old 07-23-2008, 09:18 PM   #814
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Edit: *dances hopefully a victory dance*
Old 07-23-2008, 09:19 PM   #815
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I've tuned in to FOX News for results.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:20 PM   #816
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Edit: *dances hopefully a victory dance*

President illinifan will be laughing at the YouTube clip of your dance tomorrow morning!
Old 07-23-2008, 09:22 PM   #817
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
Actually, it seems like one party stuck together to save their fellow congressman from an admittedly partisan witchhunt.

Actually it was a "wolf hunt." Glad to see the democratic party lived up to it's reputation of flip-flopping...you never quite know if they'll stick to what they say or simply change their minds according to the latest poll.
Mrs. Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:24 PM   #818
KWhit
Coordinator

I really really wanted to keep this from being a stupid partisan vote. But alas, I could not.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:25 PM   #819
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
President illinifan will be laughing at the YouTube clip of your dance tomorrow morning!

It is hard not to root for a Presidential candidate from Illinois.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:26 PM   #820
st.cronin
General Manager

I really want to know what Lathum was trying to accomplish.

knives out
Old 07-23-2008, 09:26 PM   #821
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I really really wanted to keep this from being a stupid partisan vote. But alas, I could not.

You better really hope clap is a wolf. I saw no need for you to break the tie.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:27 PM   #822
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:

I heard illinifan and the GOP leadership were locking you out of the party for not voting to lynch henry to at least try to keep your party mate claphamsa alive (politically)...
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:28 PM   #823
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
You better really hope clap is a wolf. I saw no need for you to break the tie.

To save his fellow party member.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:28 PM   #824
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
I heard illinifan and the GOP leadership were locking you out of the party for not voting to lynch henry to at least try to keep your party mate claphamsa alive (politically)...

Believe it or not, I am actually working for consensus between the two parties (sometimes). I am a liaison, after all.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:30 PM   #825
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Believe it or not, I am actually working for consensus between the two parties (sometimes). I am a liaison, after all.

So what did our liaison, Lathum, tell you about the voting there?
Old 07-23-2008, 09:30 PM   #826
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
To save his fellow party member.

That can't be it -- he didn't want the vote to be partisan. Anyway, it was just a tie. And it's not me you have to convince -- he's going to lose popularity from the people if clap isn't a wolf, espeically with the late vote switch, and even if you DO convince me, there's nothing I can do about that.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:31 PM   #827
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:

The people surely will thank you for your thoughtful, courageous efforts. Your party, on the other hand...
Old 07-23-2008, 09:32 PM   #828
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
The people surely will thank you for your thoughtful, courageous efforts. Your party, on the other hand...

Did what it had to do to defend itself. I think there were at least 3 votes on clap, once he put one on KWhit.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:34 PM   #829
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
That can't be it -- he didn't want the vote to be partisan. Anyway, it was just a tie. And it's not me you have to convince -- he's going to lose popularity from the people if clap isn't a wolf, espeically with the late vote switch, and even if you DO convince me, there's nothing I can do about that.

Yeah, I may very well lose the election tonight from it. I specifically chose NOT to put my vote on Clap originally because I felt he wasn't a good WOLF candidate, so I looked elsewhere.

Oh well, I was in the middle of a shit sandwich tonight.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:38 PM   #830
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Off until tomorrow - have a good night all!
Old 07-23-2008, 09:39 PM   #831
KWhit
Coordinator

And if I do lose the election, I'm not sure what my posting privileges are so I want to quickly make my case (not sure if I can be lynched tomorrow if I lose an election tonight).

I have been actively doing everything possible to help our team find the wolves. I helped convince you Repubs to re-write the bill yesterday, I came up with the Seer Communication Bill today (which should turn out to be constitutional, per CR) and have been (I think) the most active player here, working to root out the evil wolves.

I am NOT a good candidate for lynch. I am not a Wolf.

Just wanted to say that in this thread in case something happens with my election.....
Old 07-23-2008, 09:40 PM   #832
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

It's November of Year Two, and election fever is in the air.

The people of this country have charged Congress with getting to work, especially after the veto of Wolf Security Act last year. And Congress knows better than ever that the one time the voice of the people surely matters, it is in an election year.

Congress took a bold step and began a censure vote to find a member of Wolf. Suspicion ran rampant among the ranks. Would it be the old codger from the 1st District, Rep. claphamsa (R)? Or would it be Rep. henry296 (D), who appears to be doing what he can to stay afloat even in his own 13th District?

The vote was tight and, not surprisingly, very much along party lines. Republican Party communicator Rep. Passacaglia (R) of the 7th District placed a vote on a third candidate in Democrat Leader, Rep. KWhit (D) of the 18th District, joining claphamsa. But the call would be made to switch votes to the consensus candidates.

claphamsa switched his vote to Henry296 to tie it up, and the final minutes of the vote ticked down. Tension is high--but the people aren't too fond of late votes. Would this go to a tie and require a tiebreaker?

It was KWhit himself who would make the final move, switching to claphamsa in the final minutes and ensuring the cagey veteran ultra-conservative would first fall victim to the Wolf Scare.

claphamsa was shocked to be censured. Struck speechless, he barely resisted as he was removed from the floor of Congress.

Disgraced, claphamsa was thus removed from office and his long political career is over.

There was an immediate investigation into the accusations against claphamsa. After much debate and hushed meetings, it was finally announced that claphamsa was indeed almost everything he was suspected of--evil, nasty, a tool of the special interests, guilty of all sorts of political abuses--but he is most certainly just a REPUBLICAN through and through.

No Wolf this time folks.

Bills and elections to follow.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 07-23-2008 at 09:41 PM.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:42 PM   #833
st.cronin
General Manager

booooooooo

knives out
Old 07-23-2008, 09:42 PM   #834
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I really want to know what Lathum was trying to accomplish.

I was trying to keep my fellow party member from getting lynched...
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:43 PM   #835
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
And if I do lose the election, I'm not sure what my posting privileges are so I want to quickly make my case (not sure if I can be lynched tomorrow if I lose an election tonight).

I have been actively doing everything possible to help our team find the wolves. I helped convince you Repubs to re-write the bill yesterday, I came up with the Seer Communication Bill today (which should turn out to be constitutional, per CR) and have been (I think) the most active player here, working to root out the evil wolves.

I am NOT a good candidate for lynch. I am not a Wolf.

Just wanted to say that in this thread in case something happens with my election.....

Actually, I was told you guys hadn't run it by CR. Anyway, like I said, I wasn't saying it makes you wolf-like -- I was saying it makes you value partisanship over popularity, which will hurt you.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:45 PM   #836
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The following bills have met quorum and passed:

Wolf Security Bill Redux
Wolf Observation Act
National Seer Communication Act

A Wolf rider, the cunning clause, has been discovered among the lengthy verbiage of the Wolf Security Bill Redux.

The new President will have some quick, but difficult decisions to make.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:46 PM   #837
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

no surprise there
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:47 PM   #838
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Actually, I was told you guys hadn't run it by CR. Anyway, like I said, I wasn't saying it makes you wolf-like -- I was saying it makes you value partisanship over popularity, which will hurt you.

With CR's schedule we hadn't gotten official approval at that time, but put it forward so people would have time to consider its merits. We've recently heard from the courts and it is not unconstitutional.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:50 PM   #839
RendeR
Coordinator

Am I correct in assuming that if Congress does not put forth ANY Bills for consideration then there is no way for the wolves to gain riders on them?

I suggest to AL my esteemed collegues that during each president's term we only put forth Bills on ODD numbered years. Thus allowing us to completely control the Wolf-riders by having our President use his two vetoes to best effect.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:51 PM   #840
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Am I correct in assuming that if Congress does not put forth ANY Bills for consideration then there is no way for the wolves to gain riders on them?

I suggest to AL my esteemed collegues that during each president's term we only put forth Bills on ODD numbered years. Thus allowing us to completely control the Wolf-riders by having our President use his two vetoes to best effect.

I think we can do more with three bills than the wolves can do with a single cunning or brutal. Especially when we have the option to veto some of them. If nothing else we can propose the bills, let them sit all day, then figure out what to do with them.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:53 PM   #841
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post

Um, that seems like a terrible idea to me. Do you think we'd be better off with none of the bills we passed today?

knives out
Old 07-23-2008, 09:54 PM   #842
KWhit
Coordinator

Agreed. Don't like that idea at all.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:54 PM   #843
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I would much rather have 3 bills with a rider than no bills for us at all. We can do a lot more with our bills/roles than the wolves can.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:59 PM   #844
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Can we pass a line item veto?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:59 PM   #845
chesapeake
College Starter

Is creating a "superwolf" a possibility -- meaning a single wolf that has multiple abilities? I'm trying to get a more complete feel for the game mechanics.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:00 PM   #846
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
I think we can do more with three bills than the wolves can do with a single cunning or brutal. Especially when we have the option to veto some of them. If nothing else we can propose the bills, let them sit all day, then figure out what to do with them.

Again he sounds like a wolf in Republican clothes.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:02 PM   #847
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Again he sounds like a wolf in Republican clothes.

Talk to your presidential candidate and party leader :P
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:12 PM   #848
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

The new President will have some quick, but difficult decisions to make.

If Illini999 / PackerFanatic don't get on during the middle of the night, does that mean the bills are neither signed nor vetoed?
Old 07-23-2008, 10:13 PM   #849
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Um, that seems like a terrible idea to me. Do you think we'd be better off with none of the bills we passed today?

Ok, I know it seems drastic, but its really not. Think about this, How many bills/roles do we really need? 3 a day? hardly. With my plan we get 2 free and clear roles every other day, 4 per presidency. While the wolves get NOTHING.

How is that a bad thing?
Old 07-23-2008, 10:14 PM   #850
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
I would much rather have 3 bills with a rider than no bills for us at all. We can do a lot more with our bills/roles than the wolves can.

I'm sure we can. but why must we have an all or nothing scenario? Why not take 2 out of 3 every other day to give up NOTHING in return?