Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-01-2009, 05:02 PM   #801
SackAttack
Head Coach

Was discussing with someone what the long-term viability of a league is with only certain leagues active.

The league I'm playing right now has only England active, but had players from other countries added to the database. Is that just a one-time add at the start of the career, or will it update the player database from those countries as the newgens get created?

If it doesn't update the database, do the countries in question need to have their national leagues playable (or is view only acceptable) to make that work?

Curious as I apparently can't have as many nations active in FM 2010 as I could in WWSM 09 due to hardware constraints.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:05 PM   #802
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
It's the main Romanian league, I believe it's called Liga I. Media predicts bottom third somewhere, my board wants me safe from relegation.

Also using real players for a change, usually prefer fictional.

You should write a dynasty about it.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:16 PM   #803
MrBug708
Head Coach

I'm having issues loading a database in vista. Anyone have any advice? I read the how to on the boards, but still can't seem to get it to work
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:17 PM   #804
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Was discussing with someone what the long-term viability of a league is with only certain leagues active.

The league I'm playing right now has only England active, but had players from other countries added to the database. Is that just a one-time add at the start of the career, or will it update the player database from those countries as the newgens get created?

If it doesn't update the database, do the countries in question need to have their national leagues playable (or is view only acceptable) to make that work?

Curious as I apparently can't have as many nations active in FM 2010 as I could in WWSM 09 due to hardware constraints.

Thats a good question.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:11 PM   #805
Blackadar
Retired

Ok folks, let's see if anyone can help.

I've played the CM/FM series for about 10 years - not bad for a Yank since I used to have to get it imported - so I'm not new to the series. The last few editions haven't gripped me much, but 2010 seems pretty good. I'm getting a lot more feedback about what my squad is doing and the new tactics editor is pretty neat (with the exception that it was a pain in the ass to find where to set tactics for set pieces - that took me over 20 minutes to find). Overall, the new interface is easy to get used to and I think the overall presentation is better.

So in many ways, I'm returning to the game after a long hiatus since I bought 2009 and 2007 but didn't get into them. The last time I really played the game a lot was back in 2004. Therefore, I'm a bit rusty. Actually, I'm more than a bit rusty.

I'm having problems scoring goals with my team. I always take a very low level squad and this time was no exception when I picked Gateshead in Conference North. But I can't find a way to generate goals. I have some decent players on my team, including a really tall forward Armand One and some strong midfielders in Phil Turnbull and Phil Cave. But I can't put the biscuit in the basket very often.

I did set up my attacking set piece for corners, with the 6' 7" One and 6' 7" Carl Jones manning the corners. But I'm still not scoring much - maybe a goal a game. Any ideas? I picked a 4-1-3-2 formation because it seemed to fit the team. I'd like to bring the ball down the sides and center it in high for Armand One, but I'm open to ideas.

Also, how do you tell which sideline touch to use if you're just replaying highlights? I can't tell whether to go wider, or to push the ball through the middle, or whatever. Do you all watch the games from end-to-end or is there another way to figure that stuff out? In essence, I don't know how anyone can tell *what* adjustment to make.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:02 PM   #806
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Height is just a cosmetic stat, the jumping rating is the only thing that controls how high the players can get for aerial balls (though stuff like strength helps if they're competing for an aerial ball). For my corners I put one guy on the far post, two guys challenge the keeper, and one on the near post with instructions to put the ball in the six yard box. It's worked pretty well so far, normally my teams are at or near the league leaders in goals from corners.

As for the touchline shouts I play with key highlights on and don't use them that often. For choose wider/narrower I would look at the other team's formation. If they play 4-1-2-1-2 with four center mids and I'm using a standard 4-4-2 with wingers I would play wider because they wouldn't haven anyone covering the flanks for an example. The ones I use most are "drop deeper" if my slow center defenders are getting beat over the top and "get stuck in"/"hassle opponents" when they are getting too much room to dribble and pass, just from what I see on the highlights.

Last edited by Big Fo : 12-01-2009 at 07:03 PM.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:24 PM   #807
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
It's the main Romanian league, I believe it's called Liga I. Media predicts bottom third somewhere, my board wants me safe from relegation.

Also using real players for a change, usually prefer fictional.

really, i dont recall them in my last game 09, i had both rom div 1 and 2 active. then again i didnt play in it and had about 20 countries active. i gotta try them though. i always like eastern euro countries with lax non-eu regulations. and they have a 4 year residency for nationality. looks like i found my 2nd managers first job
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:51 PM   #808
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

With regards to corners/aerial domination - as well as the obvious jumping take into account the other stats for players notably 'aggression', 'strength', 'movement/off the ball' (offensive), 'positioning' (defensive) and 'agility'.

* Aggression comes into play as intimidation at times which can make all the difference when challenging one on one for a header - think of it like one player watching the ball coming over and flinching/looking around when he hears the thunder of the other player approaching.
* Strength is when two players both don't chicken out, if they're sufficiently close and physical then one might muscle the other out of the challenge or impede their jumping ability (note this isn't always a 'foul').
* Movement/Off the ball - this is one of the MOST important in a lot of ways, its no good being tall and fantastic in the air if you're always standing in the wrong place for the header.
* Agility - this affects the chance of a player to react quickly - its times when a deflection happens and changes the direction of the ball etc. when you want an agile player to be able to stick out a leg and deflect it home (also affects recovery time for keepers between saves, ie. can he block one shot and get up in time to stop the rebound also etc.).

(from FML play which uses the same match engine as FM PC because I'm playing purely FMH and FML at the moment - please bear in mind this is just how I've got things setup at present and in no way 'perfect' or a 'cheat' tactic - but its fairly effective especially if your team is more organised than skillful ...)
Generally for corners play things into the front post with the view of a flick on from player who's decent aerially and is physical enough not to be muscled out of the way (his job is to stand in one place and let the ball hit him, nothing else really matters ).

I target the opposition keeper with one player, someone physical and aggressive, jumping not vital tbh - basically if the opposition keeper gets free reign from corners then if he's half decent he'll stop a lot of them from ever being dangerous, let some annoying little terrier get in his way (preferably one who isn't a total thug and liable to give away fouls - but aggresive enough to obstruct the keeper sensibly).
Select a number of the rest of the team to lurk in the box and finally give anyone with decent long shots the lurk outside the box treatment and ALWAYS keep a couple of player back centrally in case of a break.

(the other option is to put multiple men on the keeper as marking (look for players who are both good in the air and physical) then play the ball straight at him into the 6 yard box and let things get scrappy - if the opponent is weak aerially this approach can sometimes lead to 'fun' things like a DC getting a hat-trick )

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 12-01-2009 at 08:53 PM.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:01 PM   #809
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

woohoo my game has shipped!
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:45 PM   #810
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
really, i dont recall them in my last game 09, i had both rom div 1 and 2 active. then again i didnt play in it and had about 20 countries active. i gotta try them though. i always like eastern euro countries with lax non-eu regulations. and they have a 4 year residency for nationality. looks like i found my 2nd managers first job

Wiki

Looks like they've stayed mostly mid-level. Gotta love the nickname in Romanian: Vampirii Albastri. And the other nickname: Echipa lui Dracula -- Dracula Squad!

Last edited by path12 : 12-01-2009 at 09:47 PM.
path12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:58 PM   #811
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

My Verona team hates the month of December, this is the second straight year we've just imploded once it starts getting cold. We were improbably tied for the top of the league in late November despite a goal difference of only +2 (narrow wins, when we lose we lose badly) before going five games without a win and falling to ninth, then once January comes around we've now won two straight including a 5-0 road victory that was our best performance of the season. And the weather is not any better in January than in December so maybe it just takes them awhile to adjust to it or maybe it's just one of those slumps a team goes through and it just coincidentally happened to my guys the same time as it did last season.

We're in sixth now, six points behind the leader and two out of second (automatic promotion to Serie A) but I know this team probably isn't good enough. Our preseason prediction was to finish 16th and I'd be happy if we finished near a playoff spot. Practically the whole team would have to be rebuilt if promoted and a lot of it will have to be regardless of the final position due to age.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:13 PM   #812
SegRat
High School Varsity

So I got FMH10 and I am really enjoying it. I tried playing FM a few years ago and it never really grabbed my attention. FMH is now doing just that. I am playing with a division 2 brazilian team and haveing a blast. I signed this 17 year old who is pretty fast. I bring him in late in matches and he scores more often than not. Right now I think he has 12 goals in 17 games. I am really enjoying this game.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:21 PM   #813
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegRat View Post
So I got FMH10 and I am really enjoying it. I tried playing FM a few years ago and it never really grabbed my attention. FMH is now doing just that. I am playing with a division 2 brazilian team and haveing a blast. I signed this 17 year old who is pretty fast. I bring him in late in matches and he scores more often than not. Right now I think he has 12 goals in 17 games. I am really enjoying this game.

Glad you're enjoying it - FMH was designed as a more 'casual' game than FM PC, its more akin to our earlier products and is much easier to blast through seasons on it quickly ...

If you weren't aware you can update your games database (there's an editor available if you want to do it yourself or there are third party updates kicking about for download) - most information on this side of things can be found on the FMH forum on sigames.com.

PS - Found any of the hidden unlockables in it yet?
Old 12-02-2009, 12:02 AM   #814
SegRat
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
PS - Found any of the hidden unlockables in it yet?

I wouldnt know one if I saw one.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:11 AM   #815
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

This?

Football Manager Handheld 2010 PSP Cheats
Old 12-02-2009, 07:41 AM   #816
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
With regards to corners/aerial domination - as well as the obvious jumping take into account the other stats for players notably 'aggression', 'strength', 'movement/off the ball' (offensive), 'positioning' (defensive) and 'agility'.

* Aggression comes into play as intimidation at times which can make all the difference when challenging one on one for a header - think of it like one player watching the ball coming over and flinching/looking around when he hears the thunder of the other player approaching.
* Strength is when two players both don't chicken out, if they're sufficiently close and physical then one might muscle the other out of the challenge or impede their jumping ability (note this isn't always a 'foul').
* Movement/Off the ball - this is one of the MOST important in a lot of ways, its no good being tall and fantastic in the air if you're always standing in the wrong place for the header.
* Agility - this affects the chance of a player to react quickly - its times when a deflection happens and changes the direction of the ball etc. when you want an agile player to be able to stick out a leg and deflect it home (also affects recovery time for keepers between saves, ie. can he block one shot and get up in time to stop the rebound also etc.).

(from FML play which uses the same match engine as FM PC because I'm playing purely FMH and FML at the moment - please bear in mind this is just how I've got things setup at present and in no way 'perfect' or a 'cheat' tactic - but its fairly effective especially if your team is more organised than skillful ...)
Generally for corners play things into the front post with the view of a flick on from player who's decent aerially and is physical enough not to be muscled out of the way (his job is to stand in one place and let the ball hit him, nothing else really matters ).

I target the opposition keeper with one player, someone physical and aggressive, jumping not vital tbh - basically if the opposition keeper gets free reign from corners then if he's half decent he'll stop a lot of them from ever being dangerous, let some annoying little terrier get in his way (preferably one who isn't a total thug and liable to give away fouls - but aggresive enough to obstruct the keeper sensibly).
Select a number of the rest of the team to lurk in the box and finally give anyone with decent long shots the lurk outside the box treatment and ALWAYS keep a couple of player back centrally in case of a break.

(the other option is to put multiple men on the keeper as marking (look for players who are both good in the air and physical) then play the ball straight at him into the 6 yard box and let things get scrappy - if the opponent is weak aerially this approach can sometimes lead to 'fun' things like a DC getting a hat-trick )

Good stuff, Marc. I'll post the man-mountain, 6'7", 220 pound, 18-jumping Armand One at the near post and aim at him. Shouldn't be anyone who can move him off that block. Dude should be playing power forward, not soccer.

Is there any particular site that has good, consolidated tips that you'd recommend? The SI forums are filled with stuff, but it's extremely hard to separate the wheat from the chaff on that site and that crowd isn't necessarily friendly to newbies. Some of the stuff for the '09 game was insanely complicated ("Theorems on '09" read like stereo instructions).

Also, anyone have any suggestions for how to determine when to use sideline touches?

Also, is there a way to change the name of your manager? I screwed up and didn't change the name, so my manager is called "First Name Last Name", which gets annoying after a while. Damn, I know I'm faceless, but that's ridiculous. You'll know why I don't want to restart after reading the below paragraph.

As for my career, my Gateshead team is doing far better than expected. We started off tying the first 3 games, which was encouraging. Then we won one, tied two others and ran our undefeated streak to 6. The ties didn't get us many points, but it helped us out. We've lost a couple since then, including a dreadful 0-2 performance that dropped us to 2-4-2. But then something clicked and we started performing better. It all started with a dramatic comeback on the road. We were down 0-2, staring a losing record in the face when we got aggressive. We scored twice in the 2nd half to earn a shocking tie. Then we won easily at home, went on the road and beat a good team 4-1. We're now sitting 6th in the conference when we were supposed to just bravely fight against relegation. We still have a long season ahead of us, fan support sucks and there are numerous challenges ahead, but right now things are looking good for Gateshead.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:44 AM   #817
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Firstname Lastname....hahaha!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:26 AM   #818
Bisbo
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Glad you're enjoying it - FMH was designed as a more 'casual' game than FM PC, its more akin to our earlier products and is much easier to blast through seasons on it quickly ...

Anything for the iPhone in the works?
Bisbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:26 PM   #819
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Is there any particular site that has good, consolidated tips that you'd recommend? The SI forums are filled with stuff, but it's extremely hard to separate the wheat from the chaff on that site and that crowd isn't necessarily friendly to newbies. Some of the stuff for the '09 game was insanely complicated ("Theorems on '09" read like stereo instructions).
I'll try and do a new release of my hints and tips document for FM PC this year around xmas time if I get a chance ... no promises though as I'm kinda rushed off my feet with something at present ...
Old 12-02-2009, 12:30 PM   #820
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post

Yup - although thats not a complete list

They're all presented in a 'realistic tone' and with a rationale for them occuring within the game, but imho they add a little flavour and more options to the game play.

One I'm considering for a future game is actually evolving the league rules and/or structure as time goes on very occassionally - so for example you might miss out on the play-offs by a point but find yourself told you're promoted in the off-season because the league above you has expanded to 22 teams or whatever - as with all the existing 'unlockable' it'd be an optional thing and you'd have a say in whether it happens or not (with the existing 'transfer window disabled' unlockable your chairman asks your advice on whether he should vote in favour of them remaining or not - your decision decides whether the unlockable becomes active or not) .... opinions, would you like that idea or hate it?

(and do bear in mind this is for FMH PSP not the main PC game it'd be in .. initially anyway )
Old 12-02-2009, 12:37 PM   #821
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'll try and do a new release of my hints and tips document for FM PC this year around xmas time if I get a chance ... no promises though as I'm kinda rushed off my feet with something at present ...

FM FOR IPHONE!?!?!?!
Old 12-02-2009, 12:37 PM   #822
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
(and do bear in mind this is for FMH PSP not the main PC game it'd be in .. initially anyway )

YESSSSSSSSss.....LIVING (aka CHANGING) GAMEWORLD PLEASE!!!!!!
Old 12-02-2009, 12:49 PM   #823
dolfin
High School JV

Quote:

Those are really cool ideas and I hope to see them implemented in the PC game!
dolfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:56 PM   #824
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i think they're cool ideas (for the PC game mind you - don't have a PSP yet), but not necessarily as rewards for things. Well okay, except maybe for "Seat on the Board" - ideas like rule changes for the leagues and stuff should just happen "organically" in the game. maybe like with existing sugar daddy and stuff in the pc game you have the option to enable/disable them before the game starts, so if you want your game world to evolve then it will, but for those who would bitch about it they can turn it off)
Old 12-02-2009, 01:21 PM   #825
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
i think they're cool ideas (for the PC game mind you - don't have a PSP yet), but not necessarily as rewards for things. Well okay, except maybe for "Seat on the Board" - ideas like rule changes for the leagues and stuff should just happen "organically" in the game. maybe like with existing sugar daddy and stuff in the pc game you have the option to enable/disable them before the game starts, so if you want your game world to evolve then it will, but for those who would bitch about it they can turn it off)

The reason I like them as 'unlockables' on the PSP rather than just features is simply that our games are somewhat complicated and can be daunting for users (even the PSP version) when they first play them.

Having more comlex features like this in would make it harder for newbie players to play - thus I think its better as a reward for someone who's played well and knows what they're doing; that gives experienced players an additional challenge while not making things too hard for less experienced people ...
Old 12-02-2009, 01:26 PM   #826
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The reason I like them as 'unlockables' on the PSP rather than just features is simply that our games are somewhat complicated and can be daunting for users (even the PSP version) when they first play them.

Having more comlex features like this in would make it harder for newbie players to play - thus I think its better as a reward for someone who's played well and knows what they're doing; that gives experienced players an additional challenge while not making things too hard for less experienced people ...

valid point
Old 12-02-2009, 02:09 PM   #827
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post

Insight from anybody?
Old 12-02-2009, 04:03 PM   #828
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:

The game will try and remain stable and sensible regardless of what leagues and/or player load you setup.

If a league isn't active then 'sim stats' run on it to try and simulate how the player would be performing within that league (so you'll see ratings, goals, matches played etc.). This helps ensure that player development is balanced even if the league in question isn't active.

You'll find players in inactive countries retire and newgen occur as per normal.

(it could be argued that having more leagues active gives a more 'realistic' picture because obviously all players there are loaded and also the 'real' fixtures are played out - but unless you're extremely anal I don't think it really matters ... if it helps I only play using a handful of leagues myself because I don't think its a huge deal and prefer the game to run at a reasonable pace - PaulC at SI on the other hand insists on all leagues being active and his game runs in near real-time )
Old 12-02-2009, 04:21 PM   #829
SackAttack
Head Coach

Ha!

Yeah, when I tried to set up a new league with some changes to see how it went, it felt like it took a month to load everything once I clicked 'continue.'

I think I understand what you're saying, but let me approach it from another tack to make sure - if, for example, I were to load American players into the database so that I could coach Team USA in addition to an EPL side, would that have a long-term impact on the national pool available, or would it still be more limited because the American leagues aren't active?
Old 12-02-2009, 04:56 PM   #830
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

I'm not certain but I think that over the course of many seasons the game tries to keep roughly the same amount of players (with roughly the same % from each country) as exists at the start of the game.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:00 PM   #831
Blade6119
Coordinator

I was of the same impression Big Fo is under
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:47 PM   #832
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

I want to murder my throw-in takers. Every single throw-in goes straight to the other team. Every single one. Never is there even a teammate near where they are throwing it.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:11 PM   #833
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
I'm not certain but I think that over the course of many seasons the game tries to keep roughly the same amount of players (with roughly the same % from each country) as exists at the start of the game.

Thats basically it we try and maintain roughly the balance which is present in the starting database - so if you pump a lot of players of one nationality into the game in 20 seasons time there should still be a fair amount of players of that nationality kicking around (may not be an identical number as some may be in transit between retirement and generation).
Old 12-02-2009, 11:46 PM   #834
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Sir Alex threw a boot at Beckham, I'd like to throw a grenade at my defense.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:25 AM   #835
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Just d/led it and I'm taking over a team in a top flight in Europe that's only been around a year and just changed it name too. I lik eto roll withthe newbies

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:43 AM   #836
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I started a new semi-dynasty, using a file that took me down to level 10 in the English Pyramind, a team called Racing Club Warwick FC... the photo of the field looks like something I'd find at a local rec elague
Old 12-03-2009, 09:50 AM   #837
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
I started a new semi-dynasty, using a file that took me down to level 10 in the English Pyramind, a team called Racing Club Warwick FC... the photo of the field looks like something I'd find at a local rec elague

That sounds awesome! I love to start in Conference North/South. I might have to take the plunge and buy if this is possible..although I just got Weymouth into the Championship in FM06 and want to see how far I can take them...

Last edited by Passacaglia : 12-03-2009 at 09:50 AM.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:04 AM   #838
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Remind me, folks: if you don't have a league active that means you'll not be able to take a job there or that national team's job, right?
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:08 AM   #839
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
Remind me, folks: if you don't have a league active that means you'll not be able to take a job there or that national team's job, right?

job there - true
national team job - false

i don't have mexico active in my juve game but i am the coach of the mexican national team
Old 12-03-2009, 10:12 AM   #840
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
i am the coach of the mexican national team

I didn't see an option to train diving in the game. How do you get your players to act like they've been shot by snipers?
Old 12-03-2009, 10:16 AM   #841
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
I didn't see an option to train diving in the game. How do you get your players to act like they've been shot by snipers?

hahha. "More expressive"

Nah really...I'm strangely enjoying coaching Mexico. I don't have any particular desire to see them do well, I just want to play great attacking football, so I have them in a

4-1-2-2-1 with dos Santos and Guardado as AMR and AML respectively behind a central striker. dos Santos is set as an inside forward to cut inside and Guardado as a straight-winger. One defensive midfielder to sit back there and break up opponents and 2 central midfielders in support roles. I have them playing high-tempo, direct-passing, very fluid and attacking. If i'm playing a weaker team i'll put in Vela as a central AMC and drop my midfielder back to DMC for a 4-1-1-3-1 or sometimes a 4-2-3-1 with 2 central midfielders (one defensive and one support)

Basically trying to replicate their actual play with lots of fluid play and open space, running at the defense after quick counterattacks or long balls over the top.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 12-03-2009 at 10:30 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:26 AM   #842
Passacaglia
Coordinator

You only use ten players? I guess you really don't want to see them do well.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:28 AM   #843
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
You only use ten players? I guess you really don't want to see them do well.

shit my bad. i knew that didn't look right.

edited.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:03 PM   #844
Izulde
Head Coach

Where do I install logos and/or kits I've downloaded? I've got the Steam version if that means anything. (was too impatient to wait).

Old 12-03-2009, 08:14 PM   #845
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

One of the things I like to do when I take over a new team is do a lot of research on the town, the country, the area, and such. It makes me feel more a part of the dynasty. Do you folks do the same?

I still remember tons about Zaporizhia, home city of one of my favorite dynasties in FM of all time.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 12-03-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:35 PM   #846
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
One of the things I like to do when I take over a new team is do a lot of research on the town, the country, the area, and such. It makes me feel more a part of the dynasty. Do you folks do the same?

I still remember tons about Zaporizhia, home city of one of my favorite dynasties in FM of all time.

+1

Yeah, I totally do that too.

I've fashioned this new dynasty where the Red Sox and Yankees buy Blue Square Premier teams and try to funnel cash into them into the Premiership.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:54 PM   #847
Izulde
Head Coach

I had something really weird happen. The picture I selected for myself shows up in the Manager selection screen, but not in the game when I start it.

Between this and not knowing where to put logos/kits, I'm wondering if I made a big mistake buying it off of Steam, as I didn't have the picture problem in the demo.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:58 PM   #848
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
I had something really weird happen. The picture I selected for myself shows up in the Manager selection screen, but not in the game when I start it.

Between this and not knowing where to put logos/kits, I'm wondering if I made a big mistake buying it off of Steam, as I didn't have the picture problem in the demo.

Go to My Computer/documents/sports interactive and put them in the graphics folder. once you've loaded the game, go to the preferences screen and there should be something about the cache in the display menu. untick, or tick it and confirm the changes.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:21 PM   #849
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

yeah - it's not steam-related izulde
Old 12-03-2009, 09:41 PM   #850
Izulde
Head Coach

Guess I need to make a Graphics folder then, as there's not one there currently.