Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-16-2007, 04:58 PM   #801
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
No.

This would have been really good to know in the rules. It had a bearing on 10+ pages of discussion.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 04:59 PM   #802
st.cronin
General Manager

2nd game in a row lynched day 2 as a villager. Sigh.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:00 PM   #803
st.cronin
General Manager

Clues: Murder was not committed in the attic, nor with the hammer or poison.

knives out
Old 08-16-2007, 05:01 PM   #804
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
This would have been really good to know in the rules. It had a bearing on 10+ pages of discussion.
It was in the rules.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:01 PM   #805
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Each wolf submits a kill by naming the socialite he or she wants to kill, and a room to look for that person in.

Quote:
The murderer chooses one socialite to kill per night, and does not need to find them in a certain room.

From the rules.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:02 PM   #806
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Oh, and we've got deadline!
Old 08-16-2007, 05:05 PM   #807
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
It was in the rules.

I see that it infers that they can only kill socialites. I guess I just assumed they could kill whomever they chose since everyone is assumed to be a socialite until proven otherwise.

and BK, why the heck didn't you mention this if it was that clear to you? I'm stubborn and all but if someone had pointed this out it would have removed a large portion of my ranting on and on for two days.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:08 PM   #808
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I see that it infers that they can only kill socialites. I guess I just assumed they could kill whomever they chose since everyone is assumed to be a socialite until proven otherwise.

and BK, why the heck didn't you mention this if it was that clear to you? I'm stubborn and all but if someone had pointed this out it would have removed a large portion of my ranting on and on for two days.
To be honest, I thought it was far different than what you were going at. You were going at the idea of whether the wolves and the murderer want to help each other, which I think is left unresolved by the rules. I tend to think so, but it seemed to me you were getting at a different point since their not directly being able to harm each other didn't mean that they are going to be helpful to each other.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:09 PM   #809
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Not to mention I vowed to keep a lower profile on Days 1 and 2 and was already being called a fool by you on another matter. Didn't see the value in starting in on a different area.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:13 PM   #810
Passacaglia
Coordinator

VOTE COUNT

Barkeep49 1-- st.cronin (584)
path12 1 -- RendeR (694)
saldana 3-- Alan T (606), LoneStarGirl (658), ntndeacon (776)
st.cronin 10 -- Crim (510), oliegirl (579), Barkeep49 (591), saldana (598), Neon_Chaos (682), SnDvls (759), Telle (769), Chief Rum (775), DaddyTorgo (778), path12 (782)
No Lynch 1 -- Swaggs (662)

The clues seem to be in, and in the minds of most, they point to st.cronin. The socialites gather together, making up their minds, and decide for the first time to lynch a member of their party, the shady-looking, uncooperative, st.cronin. They use a variety of weapons laying around to beat him to death. Looking through his belongings, they find a bloody hammer. It appears he used this to kill Mr. Boddy! Examining the hammer further, it appears to have come from the attic. st.cronin killed Mr. Boddy with the Hammer in the Attic! Feeling good about yourselves, you gather all your things and get ready to go, only to hear a blood-curdling scream. You run to the Kitchen, where you find that oliegirl has been eaten by wolves. A disgusting sight. Looking through her belongings, you find all sorts of military paraphernalia, mostly relating to the Far East. oliegirl was Col. Mustard!

Apologies to st.cronin for giving him such a tough time. I thought his victory conditions were difficult, but I didn't think he would have so much trouble just staying alive. But hey, it's my first game, and sometimes people just don't do what you expect them to (I mean, come on, some of them even willfully ignored the rules of the game ). Anyway, from this point on, Mr. Green does not need to submit a scan, and all you need to submit to me each night is a room to stay in.

PMs coming out shortly.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:13 PM   #811
RendeR
Coordinator

My apologies.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:14 PM   #812
Passacaglia
Coordinator

By the way, my apology was not meant to railroad discussion -- I'd love to discuss the finer points of the game, but hopefully we all can put it off until the game is over!
Old 08-16-2007, 05:15 PM   #813
st.cronin
General Manager

Pulling for the wolves from here on out. Good luck, guys.

knives out
Old 08-16-2007, 05:17 PM   #814
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Looks like it is the old good news bad news story there.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:18 PM   #815
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok I'm relieved to see that the murderer is out of the way so we can focus on a team victory.

I am NOT relieved, however, to see that they hit upon the BG. I didn't have OG on my radar at all for a role and so if that was intuition on the wolves part that was a well done kill.

We've now had two nights of just one kill each night. Do we think that means that they're doing the coverage attack or are targeting 3 people and have just hit 1 each night?
Old 08-16-2007, 05:19 PM   #816
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Couldn't you have at least given me a nice bloodless death somehow so I'd look pretty at my funeral???

Good luck villagers!!!!
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:22 PM   #817
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Ok I'm relieved to see that the murderer is out of the way so we can focus on a team victory.

I am NOT relieved, however, to see that they hit upon the BG. I didn't have OG on my radar at all for a role and so if that was intuition on the wolves part that was a well done kill.

We've now had two nights of just one kill each night. Do we think that means that they're doing the coverage attack or are targeting 3 people and have just hit 1 each night?

There were two kills the first night.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:23 PM   #818
RendeR
Coordinator

I think he means by the wolves, we can assume one of the first night kills was cronin.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:23 PM   #819
Telle
College Starter

And it's almost a 50/50 chance that they get a named socialite verses an unnamed socialite.. so it's not THAT impressive that they managed to get Col. Mustard.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:24 PM   #820
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
There were two kills the first night.

true but only one by the wolves. Lathum was killed by cronin.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:24 PM   #821
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
I think he means by the wolves, we can assume one of the first night kills was cronin.

Oh, yeah, that makes sense. Forgive me, I'm not thinking too clearly atm.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:24 PM   #822
RendeR
Coordinator

Yeah its just bad freaking luck that they nailed the BG.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:25 PM   #823
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
List of players:

1. Lathum -- killed by the murderer Night 1, Socialite

this is what post one says
Old 08-16-2007, 05:26 PM   #824
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Clues: Murder was not committed in the attic, nor with the hammer or poison.

LOL funny stuff here
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:28 PM   #825
Passacaglia
Coordinator

PMs have been sent out. Of course, now that the murderer is dead, I didn't bother to send out clues. Day 3 ends Friday, 6 PM Eastern.

I'm not sure how much I'll be on this evening. I got a job offer today, so I'm going out to celebrate!
Old 08-16-2007, 05:28 PM   #826
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola - there is also no advantage for Ms. Peacock to remain nameless either, but I'll let that player come out if they so choose.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:31 PM   #827
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
PMs have been sent out. Of course, now that the murderer is dead, I didn't bother to send out clues. Day 3 ends Friday, 6 PM Eastern.

I'm not sure how much I'll be on this evening. I got a job offer today, so I'm going out to celebrate!

Congrats on the offer!.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:33 PM   #828
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I'm assuming that ollie was hit because she was hinting an attack at me.

I noticed that.

It's time for the wolfhunt to begin.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:34 PM   #829
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

dola

I meant, hinting on voting for me. Which would lead to pointing the finger at me, lynching me today.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:34 PM   #830
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

Congrats!

knives out
Old 08-16-2007, 05:36 PM   #831
saldana
Pro Starter

hopefully now that cronin came up dirty, that should show you all that i am just another nameless socialite...i know it has been discussed that the wolves should have killed the murderer, but i never really thought that made alot of sense...they need the ratio, and the murderer would get them closer to it, so his kills were helping them. i gave the last clue to hang him, which i do concede, was when it was only a three horse race left, but i did give the last nail in the coffin

with that, i have nothing but the duplicate clue to go on for tomorrow, so

vote alan t
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:40 PM   #832
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
dola - there is also no advantage for Ms. Peacock to remain nameless either, but I'll let that player come out if they so choose.

Actually, there is. The wolves still don't know who that person is, so if they vote for them in a lynch, we'll have a pretty good idea who they are. If anyone votes for Peacock, they are either a wolf or a named socialite. And hopefulyl Miss Scarlett wouldn't let us lynch a named socialite.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:43 PM   #833
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

This is the scenario I'm talking about with regards to Ms. Scarlett.

15 players left.

3 villagers dead

1 skilled villager dead

1 bad guy dead

Which leaves

5 skilled villagers alive.

If Scarlett were to reveal herself and the 4 other remaining skilled villagers (without revealing roles), that's five innocent people whose votes everyone can rally on.

A villager then names Peacock correctly, and Peacock reveals herself to confirm that the villager is saying the truth. That makes it 6 votes.

There are probably 3-4 wolves, correct?

The seer could probably name people who aren't wolves to add to the confirmed villagers.

I'm sure someone can do the math of how effective this strategy might work.

We'll have 6 confirmed good guys, the seer will probably add a couple more. Then we'll have about 7-8 people to choose from to lynch each night.

The wolves can try to spead their night kills, giving them the chance to hit more people at a smaller attempt %... but basically, we can win this one.

Can anyone point out if there's a flaw in my reasoning?
Old 08-16-2007, 05:43 PM   #834
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

oops, that's supposed to say 2 unskilled villagers dead up top.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:45 PM   #835
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
hopefully now that cronin came up dirty, that should show you all that i am just another nameless socialite...i know it has been discussed that the wolves should have killed the murderer, but i never really thought that made alot of sense...they need the ratio, and the murderer would get them closer to it, so his kills were helping them. i gave the last clue to hang him, which i do concede, was when it was only a three horse race left, but i did give the last nail in the coffin

with that, i have nothing but the duplicate clue to go on for tomorrow, so

vote alan t

nice. another Pleasant Valley Sunday and all that. Guess I was just one-game off about Cronin being bad.

as far as tomorrow, nothing has changed in my mind from before. I think we go saldana then alan.

VOTE SALDANA
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:46 PM   #836
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

If Scarlett were to reveal herlsef and the named socialites (seeing as how the murderer is out of the question, sure the wolves will try to get a 1/5 chance to hit the seer after the reveal), I would gladly name Peacock.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:46 PM   #837
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
This is the scenario I'm talking about with regards to Ms. Scarlett.

15 players left.

3 villagers dead

1 skilled villager dead

1 bad guy dead

Which leaves

5 skilled villagers alive.

If Scarlett were to reveal herself and the 4 other remaining skilled villagers (without revealing roles), that's five innocent people whose votes everyone can rally on.

A villager then names Peacock correctly, and Peacock reveals herself to confirm that the villager is saying the truth. That makes it 6 votes.

There are probably 3-4 wolves, correct?

The seer could probably name people who aren't wolves to add to the confirmed villagers.

I'm sure someone can do the math of how effective this strategy might work.

We'll have 6 confirmed good guys, the seer will probably add a couple more. Then we'll have about 7-8 people to choose from to lynch each night.

The wolves can try to spead their night kills, giving them the chance to hit more people at a smaller attempt %... but basically, we can win this one.

Can anyone point out if there's a flaw in my reasoning?

seems fairly sound to me? but i'm a bit woozy from my 2 mile hike home.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:48 PM   #838
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
If Scarlett were to reveal herlsef and the named socialites (seeing as how the murderer is out of the question, sure the wolves will try to get a 1/5 chance to hit the seer after the reveal), I would gladly name Peacock.

How come you get to be the one to name Peacock??
Old 08-16-2007, 05:50 PM   #839
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Other than to protect the Seer and Mrs. White, there is no valid reason for Scarlett to remain hidden with her info. The wolves will try to kill the seer, but the seer could give the info beforehand. Mrs. White is in no danger at all, and would probably gladly reveal her role, and then night-kill one of the unconfirmed, just to trim down the unconfirmed list.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:51 PM   #840
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
How come you get to be the one to name Peacock??

You want to name her after Scarlett reveals? Go ahead. I'm going to be voting in line with whoever Scarlett reveals to be the good guys anyway. That'll make 7 legit good guys in my book.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:52 PM   #841
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

The biggie here is that the good guys have to commit to a solid unwavering vote. Regardless if we hit a villager, because it's the only way we can separate the wolves from the villagers among the unconfirmed.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:53 PM   #842
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Just got home. Glad I was right about Cronin pretty much all along. I am guessing that it is pretty likely that the seer scanned either Saldana or I last night. I'm not going to tell the seer how to play his role, but dont worry about coming out to save me if you scanned me..

The way I think we play this is everyone either lynches Saldana or myself. Dont make it run away , keep it close. We'll see if the wolves try to save their own or not. If you all decide to lynch me, my death will make it clear who to go for tommorrow. If you all decide to lynch Saldana, then you'll know I am telling the truth.

I think either way you have a sure wolf here between the two of us, a seer reveal only saves one day but with no Bodyguard it condemns them to death.. So I personally think you shouldn't come out to save me or condemn Saldana, just let people vote where they will and we'll have something to go on hopefully tommorrow.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:53 PM   #843
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Come to think of it... the wolves now have a hard time, since the murderer is dead and the chase is now on them.

They should have tried to protect st. cronin early on, if at all, to prevent this kind of scenario from shaping up.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:54 PM   #844
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I'll have to mull that one over before giving it a thumbs up myself, not that I can stop it if I feel otherwise. My main hesitation is that you advocate the revelation of the seer as well, and without the BG, that means the seer will die tonight. Then we don't have anymore help in narrowing down the list of potential wolves, except for what your plan does.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:54 PM   #845
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Neon: I'm not sure about that proposal as it would mean the wolves would be able to have a much higher percentage of finding Plum (their seer).

HOWEVER, I would suggest that perhaps Green wants to come forward as I don't think he'd be a threat to the wolves and then we'd have two people in the COT (Peacock and Green).
Old 08-16-2007, 05:54 PM   #846
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i'm down with this plan. Seems to make sense from a numbers standpoint. Especially with the wolves only having a "chance" at a kill now. Just waiting for someone else to get the party started.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:54 PM   #847
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Just got home. Glad I was right about Cronin pretty much all along. I am guessing that it is pretty likely that the seer scanned either Saldana or I last night. I'm not going to tell the seer how to play his role, but dont worry about coming out to save me if you scanned me..

The way I think we play this is everyone either lynches Saldana or myself. Dont make it run away , keep it close. We'll see if the wolves try to save their own or not. If you all decide to lynch me, my death will make it clear who to go for tommorrow. If you all decide to lynch Saldana, then you'll know I am telling the truth.

I think either way you have a sure wolf here between the two of us, a seer reveal only saves one day but with no Bodyguard it condemns them to death.. So I personally think you shouldn't come out to save me or condemn Saldana, just let people vote where they will and we'll have something to go on hopefully tommorrow.

i say we wipe the slate clean between saldana and you. we're not hunting the murderer anymore. we need to get us some wolves.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:55 PM   #848
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Scarlett, if you're out there. This all lies on your decision.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:55 PM   #849
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I'll have to mull that one over before giving it a thumbs up myself, not that I can stop it if I feel otherwise. My main hesitation is that you advocate the revelation of the seer as well, and without the BG, that means the seer will die tonight. Then we don't have anymore help in narrowing down the list of potential wolves, except for what your plan does.

but combined with the lack of certainty of a wolf kill and the high #'s of trust that should bring us, we ought to be fine to find the last whatever...3 wolves (especially as we feel we have a good lead with the alan/saldana thing)
Old 08-16-2007, 05:56 PM   #850
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

neon - we know we're not hunting the murderer anymore. But one of them 2 is unquestionably a wolf