Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-26-2011, 09:49 AM   #801
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
cmon Mau...

I honestly meant that in the literal form, I wish I could see what the hell is going to happen come deadline. Take that how you want.

I was online for the next few hours after that and at any point I could have said who my 'scan' was. It was only til the next morning when I actually went forward with it. Cmon lathum...
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:51 AM   #802
The Jackal
Coordinator

*heads to the basement of the christ church to drink ale with monks and crimson*
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:51 AM   #803
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Also, I can't guard the same person on consecutive nights. I obviously guarded myself N1 and you last night.

Which would explain why I saw you hunkered down looking like you were protecting yourself, I was already there and you were protecting me.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:57 AM   #804
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
I honestly meant that in the literal form, I wish I could see what the hell is going to happen come deadline. Take that how you want.

I was online for the next few hours after that and at any point I could have said who my 'scan' was. It was only til the next morning when I actually went forward with it. Cmon lathum...

I'm sorry, but I refuse to believe you meant that as anything other than a less than subtle hint at being seer.

Quote:
Which would explain why I saw you hunkered down looking like you were protecting yourself, I was already there and you were protecting me.

possible I suppose
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:08 AM   #805
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus
Ah gotcha. I agree with GE (and that's rare), desperation move.
Quote:
It is what is. I am what I am.

This was my response to darth when he brought up that it was a desperation move. In this post, I confirmed that I was indeed desperate and also to hint that what I said earlier about me having a role, was true. I am what I am. I didn't say, I agree, I am the Seer, don't vote me. Everyone else took it and ran with it saying that I was the Seer.

If I am the best option to lynch for this day make sure we've exhausted all our options otherwise this will be another day in which we gain NOTHING. See: Yesterday. And then I can join up with Jackal and make people feel bad! HAHA!
Old 02-26-2011, 10:21 AM   #806
Zinto
College Starter

I am not sure if I am sold on Mau being a wolf even though inferring like he did to a role while being a villager with a "minor" role maybe reason enough to lynch him. I am not sure we should make this another run away vote because we will have two days of worthless voting history but on the other hand a lynch of Mau would clear up a few questions about day one.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:23 AM   #807
Autumn
Head Coach

Oh I just want to double emphasize that the seer shouldn't reveal this weekend to clear this up, especially given that Mauboy could be the brutal wolf.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:30 AM   #808
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Oh I just want to double emphasize that the seer shouldn't reveal this weekend to clear this up, especially given that Mauboy could be the brutal wolf.

The point of me coming out was to make sure the seer didn't reveal themselves. Why is this so difficult to comprehend?
Old 02-26-2011, 10:38 AM   #809
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
The point of me coming out was to make sure the seer didn't reveal themselves. Why is this so difficult to comprehend?

It's not difficult to comprehend, it's just not very believable. EF very clearly listed a lot of roles for this game, the chance that there's some additional unknown role is so slim that I'm willing to vote myself out of the game if that's the case.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:25 AM   #810
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Sorry, mau, no way I buy this. Even if I did, you essentially fall into the same spot The Jackal is, where we have to kill you to be sure.

As for your hints Autumn, I don't know what the Day One vote says, but it was a bit of a cluster****. It probably says a bunch of things that aren't true as well as hints the truth.

Regardless, know that I have been talking openly of the possibility mau is a wolf, and that I originated the theory which suggests Danny didn't get scanned because mau and Danny are fellow wolves, and mau didn't want to bring undue attention to his teammate. That whole theory is based on mau being a wolf.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:48 AM   #811
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Sorry, mau, no way I buy this. Even if I did, you essentially fall into the same spot The Jackal is, where we have to kill you to be sure.

As for your hints Autumn, I don't know what the Day One vote says, but it was a bit of a cluster****. It probably says a bunch of things that aren't true as well as hints the truth.

Regardless, know that I have been talking openly of the possibility mau is a wolf, and that I originated the theory which suggests Danny didn't get scanned because mau and Danny are fellow wolves, and mau didn't want to bring undue attention to his teammate. That whole theory is based on mau being a wolf.

If I was a wolf, Lathum would be dead right now.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:51 AM   #812
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:

One of the only good points to come out of yesterday is that the seer shouldn't reveal at any point unless their team is in danger of being eliminated from the race AND their teammate is dead. Or if they've caught multiple wolves.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:51 AM   #813
The Jackal
Coordinator

I for one find mau's story very hard to believe, but that's just a dead guy's opinion.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:52 AM   #814
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Can Zinto and I still PM?

Not anymore as you are out of the race portion. You may still participate in thread though.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 12:00 PM   #815
Autumn
Head Coach

I don't think you two are on speaking terms anymore, Pass, not after that performance. ;-)
Old 02-26-2011, 12:02 PM   #816
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
If I was a wolf, Lathum would be dead right now.

While it's not 100%, I have to agree that if one of our most experienced players, like Danny, were a wolf they would have nailed Lathum while they had the chance. It's possible that A) they weren't the one who made the kill order, or B) they were desperate to hit the seer.

The second point is one to ponder. If the wolves knew what they were doing in leaving Lathum alive, but just really wanted to get the seer, that would suggest they were very worried that the next scan might be a deadly one for them. Interesting to ponder who they might be worried about getting scanned.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:19 PM   #817
bhlloy
Coordinator

It's a no brainer again unfortunately. I'd like to bring Danny up as a candidate but the last page or so has me leaning away from him a little.

If he's not the seer, I see no reason not to do this with all the strange play so far. The benefits of knowing exactly where we stand far outweigh the negative of possibly losing a very minor role.

Vote Mauboy
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 03:53 PM   #818
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I'm going to go with the premise that if we know one of the partners is a villager, the other one has a high probability of being a mole. I think this would be a good move today despite everyone jumping on my bandwagon. And I do understand from your perspectives. I did make the mistake of pulling out the seer card but I've never played a game where someone did this. So when everyone was saying it's a terrible villager move, I felt really REALLY bad but hoped I could somewhat make up for it with what I thought was a decent move. Anyway, here's my vote.

vote goldeneagle
Old 02-26-2011, 05:07 PM   #819
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Okay, time to break this out...

I am a vanilla villager with a minor role that allows me to sneak around behind the scenes two times with the possibility of a third (depending on the amazing race portion of the game... I would have to make it to the top 5 to get an additional roll of film). The description given to me likened it to me being "Paparazzi", in that I can catch discriminating evidence on someone.

Once Lathum brought out that he was the Body Guard, I thought it was a perfect opportunity to take on the "Seer" role to bring the heat on me since it was somewhat assumed that's what I meant by what I said day 1. I wanted to try luring the wolves into trying to kill me last night, so I could take pictures of Lathum, hoping I would catch the moles in action. Obviously I came up empty handed last night. But one thing for sure, it DEFINITELY gave the impression that he IS the bodyguard. And from the limited detail, it almost sounded like he may have protected himself again last night..

What this means going forward?

I have one more roll of film to snap a few pictures at night unless I get to the top 5.

Chief Rum is not cleared.

Lathum is cleared as our bodyguard.

I'd lynch him on principal alone just for putting the seer in danger.

I don't buy his second reveal, sounds like he tried to get the seer and when that didn't work he tried to save himself by twisting his original reveal.

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 02:30 AM   #822
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Where are the old timers in the pics?

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 03:38 PM   #823
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:

Wow, I'm inexperienced, but I'm not sure about this.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:40 PM   #824
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak View Post
Wow, I'm inexperienced, but I'm not sure about this.

You're right to question it, cougar, which is one reason why a bunch of us aren't buying mau's reveal.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:46 PM   #825
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I'm inexperienced as well, which is why I did what I did. I did something stupid initially and came out before the seer would have to reveal himself.

I've got one more roll of camera left, if you guys want me to use it before voting me out, I'll use it tonight in hopes that I find SOMETHING. You already know you want to kill me, so save it for the next day but give me one last shot to help out the village is all I'm asking.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:47 PM   #826
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Roll of film...obviously.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:04 PM   #827
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm inexperienced as well, which is why I did what I did. I did something stupid initially and came out before the seer would have to reveal himself.

I've got one more roll of camera left, if you guys want me to use it before voting me out, I'll use it tonight in hopes that I find SOMETHING. You already know you want to kill me, so save it for the next day but give me one last shot to help out the village is all I'm asking.

Devil's advocate here is that the role you are claiming is just as likely to be a wolf role that could be user to identify the seer, so I doubt people want to postpone your death very much. Still thinking it's most likely you're just lying about the role, though.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:39 PM   #828
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
Where are the old timers in the pics?

You asked...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg history_davis_characters.jpg (87.3 KB, 55 views)
Old 02-27-2011, 09:44 PM   #830
Zinto
College Starter

Dang Pass and me are pretty good looking.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:37 AM   #831
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Vote mauboy

People have pretty much given all the good reasons, but to summarize, as far as I can tell, there's nothing in the rules about any possibility of a hidden role and this gives a pretty clear explanation why the wolves haven't targeted mau either N1 or N2, especially in light of Jackal being revealed as a villager. Of course, this is the second day in a row I've felt pretty sure about my voting and I was wrong yesterday, but nevertheless, I don't think the odds are in favor of mau telling the truth and I can't imagine a better candidate will come along.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:41 AM   #832
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
One of the only good points to come out of yesterday is that the seer shouldn't reveal at any point unless their team is in danger of being eliminated from the race AND their teammate is dead. Or if they've caught multiple wolves.

Even if they've caught multiple wolves, I don't know that they should come out unless they're in the second half of the race group and/or the upcoming leg looks really unfavorable from a skills standpoint or if they are NK'ed. We're going to get the benefit of the scans so long as they avoid the double-elimination, so we may as well abuse the talk-after-death mechanism for all it's worth while still playing it fairly conservatively.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:43 AM   #833
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

EF, great pics. I feel like traveling after seeing them.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:50 AM   #834
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Even if they've caught multiple wolves, I don't know that they should come out unless they're in the second half of the race group and/or the upcoming leg looks really unfavorable from a skills standpoint or if they are NK'ed. We're going to get the benefit of the scans so long as they avoid the double-elimination, so we may as well abuse the talk-after-death mechanism for all it's worth while still playing it fairly conservatively.

On this note, deadline for race is an hour earlier, so hopefully they watch the results and then can post their scans if it looks like they will be eliminated.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:12 AM   #835
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
Dang Pass and me are pretty good looking.

True dat...wait, which one am I?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:15 AM   #836
Autumn
Head Coach

All right, looks like nothing's come up while I was gone. This vote is as clear is it gets for me.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:00 AM   #837
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'll join in the parade on Mauboy, nothing terribly new to add on top of what others have said up to this point.

VOTE MAUBOY
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:21 AM   #838
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I will join the throng. regardless whether mau is telling the truth or not it will be enlightening.

Vote mauboy
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:09 AM   #839
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

vote Mauboy
Old 02-28-2011, 11:20 AM   #840
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

VOTE MAUBOY
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:44 AM   #841
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

AVANLANCHE!!!!!

VOTE MAUBOY1

Old 02-28-2011, 11:45 AM   #842
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Damn, typo in "avalanche" while trying for a funny; can't even edit it.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:09 PM   #843
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Corrected the team list to reflect the correct team being eliminated. Not sure what I was drinking Friday night.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:12 PM   #844
Zinto
College Starter

Well I do not want to be left out.

Vote Mau
Old 02-28-2011, 12:15 PM   #845
bhlloy
Coordinator

In the interests of disclosure, I have to go back to the UK for a family illness, so I'll be traveling from this evening until sometime Tuesday afternoon. I've given EF conditional voting instructions for tomorrow just in case and I'll be around this afternoon, but it doesn't look like there's gonna be much movement on this right now regardless
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:01 PM   #846
hoopsguy
General Manager

So just doing a little brainstorming on the results the other day ... it looks like there were only two teams who grasped the travel patterns for Rio to Falklands. When I was crafting the telegram to Chief Rum that discussed this, I was at least a little concerned with the idea that the wolves might be benefit from me doing a little research. The fact that only one other team had this order, rather than 2-4 other teams, makes me feel a little better about my teammate.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:01 PM   #847
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
In the interests of disclosure, I have to go back to the UK for a family illness, so I'll be traveling from this evening until sometime Tuesday afternoon. I've given EF conditional voting instructions for tomorrow just in case and I'll be around this afternoon, but it doesn't look like there's gonna be much movement on this right now regardless

Sorry to hear about the family trouble, bhlloy. I hope your relative gets better quickly.

Old 02-28-2011, 01:02 PM   #848
Danny
Head Coach

Such an action filled day. Oh and you should have kept the hoops/cr team eliminated.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:03 PM   #849
Danny
Head Coach

Based on my teams results so far, if Mau is a wolf, he sure hasn't done a good job of leaking info to our team.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:03 PM   #850
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post

hope all is ok...