Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-23-2012, 10:12 AM   #851
Passacaglia
Coordinator

So I've got almost ten pages to catch up on (even if two of them are about mayonnaise), and I promised some people I'd get some work done by noon. Smell you later.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:15 AM   #852
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Smell ya NOW!

unvote danny
vote pass
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:15 AM   #853
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Dude, y'all have enough going on it seems like, you don't want to mess with voting for me.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:17 AM   #854
bhlloy
Coordinator

The thought that LSG was an accident and that's why I didn't get NK/brutal'ed is interesting. Definitely plausible and something I didn't think of. Hell of a good guess though unless she was hinting it at it earlier in the day

If that's the theory we are going for, I'll go here for now. Absent around deadline/post reveal but easily good enough player to read something off LSG in the previous days

Vote CR
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:19 AM   #855
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Oh, since the brutal was brought up, my thoughts on last night are that GE figured that bhlloy wouldn't go down, so maybe he (as the brutal) sacrificed himself to save whoever was next in line? (Sorry if that was already mentioned)
Old 05-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #856
The Jackal
Coordinator

Sorry guys I've been swamped at work, just used my break to catch up on the thread.

Went with behavior I didn't like yesterday in voting for GE, I think for now I'm going to do that again.

VOTE BRITROCK
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:31 AM   #857
The Jackal
Coordinator

Going to dinner/grocery shopping after work tonight, so again I will be a bit sparse. Will try and get some thoughts in during lunch.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:37 AM   #858
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Wow, this thread died. There's two pages from 5:30 am to 10:30 am, then none in the last hour? What gives?
Old 05-23-2012, 11:49 AM   #859
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I'd rather not say who I've sent PM to and what I said, because I don't want to have furries going back through the events of the last couple of days and trying to figure stuff out.

I've been thinking about that and you might have to. Think about it. If the seer reveals then he knows he's going to be converted and lynched as a wolf. Why will he want to give any information in that case? It's a tricky part of the rule. The options are that the seer comes out and we lynch him today which is the best option. Or you tell us who the seer is.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:12 PM   #860
bhlloy
Coordinator

Well my only PM to the seer was to tell him who I was, so look for somebody possibly defending me in the face of everybody else. That being said, I still read the rules as the seer has one more night after I get NK so I would hope the seer comes out tomorrow and give themselves up after getting one more scan in
Old 05-23-2012, 12:32 PM   #861
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Well my only PM to the seer was to tell him who I was, so look for somebody possibly defending me in the face of everybody else. That being said, I still read the rules as the seer has one more night after I get NK so I would hope the seer comes out tomorrow and give themselves up after getting one more scan in

why would you rather not have said that?
Old 05-23-2012, 12:39 PM   #862
bhlloy
Coordinator

Because its info that could be used to identify the seer or at least give a better shot of seer hunting. But as Narc says the seer is gonna be a wolf soon, so it doesn't really matter either way
Old 05-23-2012, 12:58 PM   #863
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

So would it make sense for us to lynch the seer today so the wolves don't get to have them around? I mean essentially it would be the same as killing a wolf.. Right?

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:58 PM   #864
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

And let me say, jeez that was a lot of reading to catch up.

FUCK EA
Old 05-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #865
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Because its info that could be used to identify the seer or at least give a better shot of seer hunting. But as Narc says the seer is gonna be a wolf soon, so it doesn't really matter either way

Okay. I don't see how that could be used to identify the seer, but I also don't see how the seer is gonna be a wolf soon, so I guess there's a lot I don't know about this game.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:11 PM   #866
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
So would it make sense for us to lynch the seer today so the wolves don't get to have them around? I mean essentially it would be the same as killing a wolf.. Right?

From rereading the character descriptions, yes it seems like if I die tonight by tomorrow our seer becomes a wolf. So ideally the seer reveals today. Of course you guys don't know I'm telling the truth so it's tricky. I was hoping for a scenario where the seer could reveal after I died. You could probably achieve that by lynching me today and then the seer reveals befor night actions are complete. However, that would give the wolves an extra NK to use and there's no guarantee the seer would be around or cooperative anyway
Old 05-23-2012, 01:13 PM   #867
bhlloy
Coordinator

Really seems like the big question is whether the seer would rather die a villager or live a wolf
Old 05-23-2012, 01:14 PM   #868
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:

So you don't actually know who the seer is?
Old 05-23-2012, 01:16 PM   #869
bhlloy
Coordinator

I have no idea, no. I can send PM to roles villagers but I'm not told who they are
Old 05-23-2012, 01:19 PM   #870
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Wow, this thread died. There's two pages from 5:30 am to 10:30 am, then none in the last hour? What gives?

The Crimson and Danny roadshow has left the building.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #871
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I have no idea, no. I can send PM to roles villagers but I'm not told who they are

Ahhh gotcha.

It would be funny if a wolf fake reveals as the seer and we believe him and lynch him anyway.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #872
bhlloy
Coordinator

I could make a pretty decent guess at who I think the seer could be, based on play style and the fact that he seemed to support me the two days I was up for lynch, and that's CF. But it's just a guess
Old 05-23-2012, 01:29 PM   #873
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Really seems like the big question is whether the seer would rather die a villager or live a wolf

Okay, looked at the rules and I see it now. Of course they would rather live as a wolf.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:30 PM   #874
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Ahhh I thought it was a night power - it was a day power.

I really am off my game this game.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:46 PM   #875
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post

Autumn and I were eliminated.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:51 PM   #876
bhlloy
Coordinator

Of course there is just as much chance a smart seer sees the writing on the wall and does everything to distance himself from me

This must be the first time in WW we have been trying to lynch the seer, no?
Old 05-23-2012, 01:53 PM   #877
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
Autumn and I were eliminated.

Maybe you jerks shouldn't have been posting so much 5-10 hours after you died!
Old 05-23-2012, 01:56 PM   #878
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I'm going to sleep. Crap day today personally.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #879
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Of course there is just as much chance a smart seer sees the writing on the wall and does everything to distance himself from me

This must be the first time in WW we have been trying to lynch the seer, no?

Yeah -- it's so annoying that the info about who is wolves and who isn't will be in wolf hands now!
Old 05-23-2012, 01:58 PM   #880
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
I'm going to sleep. Crap day today personally.

Sorry to hear man, hope the next few are better.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #881
The Jackal
Coordinator

My thoughts about the seer convert - this was dependent on both Charlie and Ray dying. It seems a bit excessive now that only one of those roles was actually in the game, no?
Old 05-23-2012, 02:02 PM   #882
The Jackal
Coordinator

I don't know about lynching the seer today. But if they don't come out with who they scanned today will we be able to trust it when they do?
Old 05-23-2012, 02:19 PM   #883
bhlloy
Coordinator

Well presumably they won't come out at all, seeing as they would be admitting to being a wolf in doing so

I agree I think the powers are wildly excessive. I knew once I was found out the game would be pretty much over. But it was confirmed to me via PM and I've seen nothing since to suggest those effects won't take place
Old 05-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #884
britrock88
Pro Starter

Do we have any clue about the seer's identity, so we can react in any case if/when bhlloy is killed?

As for the votes on me so far today, I don't know what to say. I'm a citizen, so there's that. As for the day 1 voting, I wasn't up to speed on the thread and had little to go on, so when Autumn (IIRC) offered an explanation and moved to Narcizo, I trusted Autumn enough to want to move... only I was a minute late. Yesterday, after bhlloy's reveal, I followed his lead in moving to Chubby.

If you want to blame my lack of originality in voting on being a wolf, that's understandable, I guess. But consider that it's much more likely that I'm just a new player who was pretty chastened by what happened in Portal. I apparently said too much there and was lynched for it. Now, here, I'm trying not to put my foot in my mouth, and that gets votes. I wish I could learn how to be a villager before being eyed as a wolf multiple times.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:26 PM   #885
Zinto
College Starter

I was hoping we would not discuss the option of the seer not coming out since they would become a wolf soon. I figured we might get lucky and someone would reveal without thinking about that.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:29 PM   #886
Zinto
College Starter

So, if the seer decides not to reveal we are going to be in a tough spot. If their are two conversions then we are going to be sitting at end game pretty soon so we have to make today count.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:29 PM   #887
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Well, we know who isn't the seer, and that is bhlloy.

The one thing this does give us is a better chance to get a "wolf" though. Then there's also whoever is Ronnie, who apparently can beat everyone in some fashion, or choose to join us or the wolves...

We have a what.. about a 50/50 chance at lynching someone who could be considered a threat (if you include Ronnie as a potential threat) ?

FUCK EA
Old 05-23-2012, 02:30 PM   #888
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Do we have any clue about the seer's identity, so we can react in any case if/when bhlloy is killed?

As for the votes on me so far today, I don't know what to say. I'm a citizen, so there's that. As for the day 1 voting, I wasn't up to speed on the thread and had little to go on, so when Autumn (IIRC) offered an explanation and moved to Narcizo, I trusted Autumn enough to want to move... only I was a minute late. Yesterday, after bhlloy's reveal, I followed his lead in moving to Chubby.

If you want to blame my lack of originality in voting on being a wolf, that's understandable, I guess. But consider that it's much more likely that I'm just a new player who was pretty chastened by what happened in Portal. I apparently said too much there and was lynched for it. Now, here, I'm trying not to put my foot in my mouth, and that gets votes. I wish I could learn how to be a villager before being eyed as a wolf multiple times.

Don't worry about talking too much. Eventually people will began to see how you play and you won't get lynched for it. Every game some villager is going to vote poorly or say something that someone doesn't like and get lynched for it. It is why werewolf is so much fun
Old 05-23-2012, 02:34 PM   #889
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Well presumably they won't come out at all, seeing as they would be admitting to being a wolf in doing so

I agree I think the powers are wildly excessive. I knew once I was found out the game would be pretty much over. But it was confirmed to me via PM and I've seen nothing since to suggest those effects won't take place

If they came out today, they would still be a villager. Suppose it's a question of if they'd rather make a sacrifice to help the team they started the game with, or stay quiet with the knowledge that they are likely being forced to switch teams soon.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:35 PM   #890
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post

The main thing with getting votes is that you are basically being forced to explain yourself. We want to hear what you say, because tone and reasoning is a part of how you analyze people in the game, just as their votes are.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:40 PM   #891
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I'm feeling about the same way, I figure its just a thing veterans are conditioned to look for in what would normally be a wolf. They are used to veteran wolf behavior, so when a new villager comes in and unintentionally exhibits that behavior, they catch the veteran eyes.

That's what I assume happened with LSG being so aggressive going after me yesterday, but I had no idea what part of what I was saying was giving her that impression. As I learn, I do also find myself noticing slight differences in peoples styles, so eventually I hope to be able to pick up on those nuances as well.

Right now, from where I am looking at things everything is still a bit of a crapshoot. I am thinking maybe Chief is Ronnie now, which would apparently be a great role to put him in. I still don;t know what to think about chubby either, and I am new like britrock, so making a read on him is something I don't feel great about right now. I think we both have said and done things at points that made us look suspicious to someone or another.. But I don;t know how much stock to put in that yet.

With bhlloy revealed, LSG out, and chubby and Chief left for me to be wary of, I am trying to decide between those 2. Autumn is also intriguing as a possible seer, IMO.

FUCK EA
Old 05-23-2012, 02:42 PM   #892
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Haha.. Wow I am retarded. Autumn is out. No wonder he hasn't said much.

FUCK EA
Old 05-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #893
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Never mind the seer stuff then, I am just trying to pick from Chief and Chubby, thinking one is a wolf and one is Ronnie.

FUCK EA
Old 05-23-2012, 02:44 PM   #894
britrock88
Pro Starter

I didn't expect bhlloy to move to Chubby yesterday, I'll say that, but I figured bhlloy was possibility in a position to indicate to us something about Chubby by moving his vote there. I didn't have a feel on Chubby one way or the other. But at that point, there wasn't much momentum on Julio as Ronnie, so I thought the best play was to move to Chubby with bhlloy in order to highlight that move (especially because, like myself, bhlloy moved off Julio to vote Chubby).
Old 05-23-2012, 02:45 PM   #895
britrock88
Pro Starter

Back in a couple hours, hopefully.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:51 PM   #896
bhlloy
Coordinator

britrock - there was nothing special behind my move to chubby yesterday over GE. I have no special insight other than I thought it would be a better move. In hindsight that obviously doesn't appear To have been the case. Follow my lead at your peril
Old 05-23-2012, 03:28 PM   #897
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I agree that I doubt the seer will out themselves since it then makes them a target. bhlloy is obviously toast if he isn't NKd tonight.

let's try vote CF
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:44 PM   #898
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
I agree that I doubt the seer will out themselves since it then makes them a target. bhlloy is obviously toast if he isn't NKd tonight.

let's try vote CF

The whole "do i want to live longer" or "do i want the village to have a better chance of winning" argument is something a seer has to deal with in every game. But never is it so clear cut as this.

Outing themselves makes them a NK target but if they don't out themselves they are basically helping the wolves while still a villager. What an interesting predicament. Either they reveal and get lynched today/tomorrow or they don't reveal and we seethe at them throughout and after the game.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:45 PM   #899
The Jackal
Coordinator

This whole debate is pretty distracting from voting for people based on past days. Do we have an updated vote count?
Old 05-23-2012, 04:45 PM   #900
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm not sure what time I'll get home. Probably something like 9:30, but not positive .. will try and see what's going on then.