Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-16-2007, 05:56 PM   #851
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Neon: I'm not sure about that proposal as it would mean the wolves would be able to have a much higher percentage of finding Plum (their seer).

HOWEVER, I would suggest that perhaps Green wants to come forward as I don't think he'd be a threat to the wolves and then we'd have two people in the COT (Peacock and Green).

The seer isn't as unexpendable now as in other games. He actually could add more to the CoT when Scarlett reveals. We have a HUGE numbers advantage, and the chance to trim down the suspect list to about half the game population on day 3.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:56 PM   #852
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
Come to think of it... the wolves now have a hard time, since the murderer is dead and the chase is now on them.

They should have tried to protect st. cronin early on, if at all, to prevent this kind of scenario from shaping up.
I'd agree. If I have time I'm going to try and see who might have defended cronin.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:57 PM   #853
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Just got home. Glad I was right about Cronin pretty much all along. I am guessing that it is pretty likely that the seer scanned either Saldana or I last night. I'm not going to tell the seer how to play his role, but dont worry about coming out to save me if you scanned me..

The way I think we play this is everyone either lynches Saldana or myself. Dont make it run away , keep it close. We'll see if the wolves try to save their own or not. If you all decide to lynch me, my death will make it clear who to go for tommorrow. If you all decide to lynch Saldana, then you'll know I am telling the truth.

I think either way you have a sure wolf here between the two of us, a seer reveal only saves one day but with no Bodyguard it condemns them to death.. So I personally think you shouldn't come out to save me or condemn Saldana, just let people vote where they will and we'll have something to go on hopefully tommorrow.

I would advocate a conditional order by Mrs. White. "If the lynch victim turns out to be a villager, kill other lynch candidate" sorta order. Then we take care of both of you in one day (if the lynchee ends up a villager), or we keep the villager among you alive if we lynch the wolf.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:57 PM   #854
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I'm so serene...I've got a TV in every room.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:57 PM   #855
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
i say we wipe the slate clean between saldana and you. we're not hunting the murderer anymore. we need to get us some wolves.

I don't understand what you mean.. Saldana lied about his initial PM. Why would he do that if he was a villager, unless he just wasnt playing with the team? I can only think of wolf here.. if we're hunting a wolf, the villagers have to assume one of us is.. I can't see any possible alternate plan other than killing one and then the other if he turns up villager.

I personally would love to not die in this game, so would hope people lynch him, but my point is I think right now its best to keep it close, see if the wolves try to save their own, and not put the seer at danger just yet. When Saldana dies, the wolves will have even more of a handicap to overcome in the night kills.. We dont need to panic, just play it slow and patient and we'll win h ere.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:57 PM   #856
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
but combined with the lack of certainty of a wolf kill and the high #'s of trust that should bring us, we ought to be fine to find the last whatever...3 wolves (especially as we feel we have a good lead with the alan/saldana thing)

The seer could stay hidden, that's his perogative. Not reveal his role, and just scan the people not in the trust list, and then reveal when he's trimmed the list down even more.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:58 PM   #857
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I would advocate a conditional order by Mrs. White. "If the lynch victim turns out to be a villager, kill other lynch candidate" sorta order. Then we take care of both of you in one day (if the lynchee ends up a villager), or we keep the villager among you alive if we lynch the wolf.

Yeah, if Pass allows that it wouldn't be bad.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:58 PM   #858
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
i say we wipe the slate clean between saldana and you. we're not hunting the murderer anymore. we need to get us some wolves.

Umm, no. One of them lied. Regardless of the reason, that needs to be checked out.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:59 PM   #859
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:

i say Scarlett do her reveal, maybe Alan T and/or Saldana are skilled socialites, and then go from there.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:59 PM   #860
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
You want to name her after Scarlett reveals? Go ahead. I'm going to be voting in line with whoever Scarlett reveals to be the good guys anyway. That'll make 7 legit good guys in my book.

I would be happy to
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:00 PM   #861
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Umm, no. One of them lied. Regardless of the reason, that needs to be checked out.

Because there's a reason to lie in this game. I'm not saying either is good or bad, but lets wait if Scarlett does her reveal, and move then.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:02 PM   #862
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

no fans of primates here?
Old 08-16-2007, 06:04 PM   #863
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Because there's a reason to lie in this game. I'm not saying either is good or bad, but lets wait if Scarlett does her reveal, and move then.

Well, obviously if information Scarlett reveals shows one or the other to be good, then that changes things. But in and of itself, no way in heck do we disregard that one of them lied.

Until we know they lied for a "good" reason, we assume they lied for a bad one; i.e. they're a wolf.

Frankly, I am stunned you want to just look past it.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:05 PM   #864
Telle
College Starter

You know.. I've got a theory.. hmmmmmmmm.

VOTE ALAN T
Old 08-16-2007, 06:07 PM   #865
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post

VOTE ALAN T

care to elaborate?
Old 08-16-2007, 06:08 PM   #866
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

VOTE ALAN T

Yeah, suggesting you have a theory and not following up with anything but a vote is pretty much a good way to get yourself lynched.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:09 PM   #867
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well, obviously if information Scarlett reveals shows one or the other to be good, then that changes things. But in and of itself, no way in heck do we disregard that one of them lied.

Until we know they lied for a "good" reason, we assume they lied for a bad one; i.e. they're a wolf.

Frankly, I am stunned you want to just look past it.

I said we wait. Then we move.

If Scarlett does her reveal, and then shows that neither is part of the CoT, then we can confidently vote one or the other based on how we percieve them.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:10 PM   #868
saldana
Pro Starter

yes it would save my ass, but why not let me name mrs peacock, and save you all the trouble of lynching me tomorrow.

as a boring as socialite, i would be able to do it with no problem
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:11 PM   #869
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, suggesting you have a theory and not following up with anything but a vote is pretty much a good way to get yourself lynched.

I don't care too much to be honest at this point. yesterday I was willing to give myself up in a 1 for 1 to get Cronin, so if we can get 2 bad people with my death, then I will consider that a minor victory for me in this game

(Sorry had to get a dig in there, it was all in fun though!)
Old 08-16-2007, 06:13 PM   #870
Telle
College Starter

Quote:

Yeah, I know.. but I can't explain it yet. If I'm wrong about Alan then my theory is crap and I'll tell you what I was thinking.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:21 PM   #871
Barkeep49
Coordinator

*NOTE: I started writing this post 20 minutes ago and info might have changed since then*
I believe in those who reveal first, so I'll go with Alan.

I do wonder why the lie and why specifically DT. Any thoughts about why, whether it was Alan or saldana did the lying about DT?

Vote saldana
Old 08-16-2007, 06:22 PM   #872
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
*NOTE: I started writing this post 20 minutes ago and info might have changed since then*
I believe in those who reveal first, so I'll go with Alan.

I do wonder why the lie and why specifically DT. Any thoughts about why, whether it was Alan or saldana did the lying about DT?

Vote saldana

My theory is in relation to that.. and thus my vote for Alan.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:34 PM   #873
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Telle I don't get why you don't just share your theory? I mean even if it doesn't indicate Alan or saldana being guilty it makes sure it's out there in case you get targeted, as the wolves seem to be unafraid of targeting somewhat random people.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:37 PM   #874
RendeR
Coordinator

There is no good reason for Mr. Green and Mrs. peacock to be revealed.

If Saldana can reveal peacock, let him clear himself. then the focus lands on Alan.

Mr Green can reveal without incident and a CoT can be begun with those two and move from there.

Plum must remain hidden as should scarlett until at least 1 wolf is found.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:37 PM   #875
RendeR
Coordinator

err, there is no good reason for them NOT to be revealed...damned typo...
Old 08-16-2007, 06:39 PM   #876
RendeR
Coordinator

Mrs. White should hold off on using her 1 kill at this point, perhaps until at least tomorrow night. if we can narrow things down a bit more we should have this game wrapped up fairly quickly.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:44 PM   #877
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

dunno if it will help your theory or what telle...but I'm Mr. Green.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:45 PM   #878
RendeR
Coordinator

Somehow i knew that. not sure why, but in the back of my head I knew you had a major role.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:45 PM   #879
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
dunno if it will help your theory or what telle...but I'm Mr. Green.

It's irrelevant to my theory.. but at least now I can move you from "probably good" to "known good" in my spreadsheet
Old 08-16-2007, 06:46 PM   #880
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Somehow i knew that. not sure why, but in the back of my head I knew you had a major role.

My note regarding that.. "alluded to being a named socialite? (645)"
Old 08-16-2007, 06:47 PM   #881
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

that's why I was trying to back you off path too RendeR. Because I got 2 scans in last night, on ntndeacon and on path, so I knew neither one was the murderer.

one or both could still be wolves though.

and that's of course why I was driving the whole viewing-thing. I might have hung back on driving it a little, but it became clear that if I could control it so to speak, and get the information all together, we'd be able to narrow it down real quickly to where I wouldn't have to worry about my safety
Old 08-16-2007, 06:49 PM   #882
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

and that is of course why I have no idea who peacock is
Old 08-16-2007, 06:49 PM   #883
RendeR
Coordinator

*nods* you did good.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:50 PM   #884
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

thanks. I know I was only half-a-seer in this game, but it's the first time i've had any seer powers and not totally screwed them up.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:53 PM   #885
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

My pm to Pass tonight had a player in the attic with the hammer...I just didn't put st cronin... although I wanted to.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:55 PM   #886
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
My pm to Pass tonight had a player in the attic with the hammer...I just didn't put st cronin... although I wanted to.

Thats hilarious...so did mine.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:55 PM   #887
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post

damm. You shoulda. That woulda been hot
Old 08-16-2007, 06:58 PM   #888
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
There is no good reason for Mr. Green and Mrs. peacock to be revealed.

If Saldana can reveal peacock, let him clear himself. then the focus lands on Alan.

Mr Green can reveal without incident and a CoT can be begun with those two and move from there.

Plum must remain hidden as should scarlett until at least 1 wolf is found.

And have us grasping at straws and theories while the wolves mop us up, when we could have a confirmed 6 legit villagers and start from there?

Scarlett revealing would be the most logical move, so we can paint the wolves into a corner.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:58 PM   #889
RendeR
Coordinator

Well it wouldn't have won anything, but it woulda been hella funny.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:00 PM   #890
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, I know.. but I can't explain it yet. If I'm wrong about Alan then my theory is crap and I'll tell you what I was thinking.

Isn't your theory what it is no matter how Alan turns out? Why judge the theory after the fact? Why not throw it out there now, and see if anyone else sees your logic in it? It would be much better than just letting that vote sit.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:01 PM   #891
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
And have us grasping at straws and theories while the wolves mop us up, when we could have a confirmed 6 legit villagers and start from there?

Scarlett revealing would be the most logical move, so we can paint the wolves into a corner.

No neon, scarlett revealing gets our seer killed and limits the villagers. Don't try and grab the whole bag in one shot. Green and peacock are a good starting point, and people they can trust will add to that. Hopefully after another day we'll bag us a wolf and then I think the numbers would make it safe for us to let scarlett reveal and then we really roll.

I'm basing this on there being at LEAST 3 wolves out there. If there are only 2, we could go ahead with your idea right now, but I can't see there being so few. I'm worried their may be 4.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:03 PM   #892
Telle
College Starter

How does Scarlett's reveal get the seer killed? She wouldn't say WHICH character a person was, just that they were a "named socialite".
Old 08-16-2007, 07:05 PM   #893
RendeR
Coordinator

15 players left

IMO at least 3 wolves, leaving 12

5 of those 12 are primaries

7 random nameless socialites

It makes sense that we could make a go of it, but what happens when our day 3 or 4 lynches just kill nameless ones? now we're getting closer to a wolf win and by then they may well have our seer.

Lets get 1 wolf, then I think the numbers work.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:05 PM   #894
RendeR
Coordinator

It makes it a 1 in 5 shot instead of a 1 in 12, not great odds.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:08 PM   #895
Telle
College Starter

5 named socialites + 1 unamed (who names peacock) + 1 unamed (scanned by seer, assuming 50% chance of seer scanning an unnamed on each night) = 7 people in CoT. That seems like a damn good thing to me.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:10 PM   #896
Telle
College Starter

And if there are three wolves, it would take them four days to whittle that CoT down to where they couldn't be outvoted. And I would HOPE that we would catch at least one of them by then.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:11 PM   #897
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Hmm, but it would give us a proven CoT of five. Do you think there are five wolves left? Those five alone could put the wolves to bed. Toss on the nameless villagers who will recognize Peacock among the five, and they will be voting with us, too.

No, I'm leaning more toward Neon's thinking on this, maybe with the seer holding back for a day first before revealing.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:11 PM   #898
Telle
College Starter

And that's ROCK SOLID circle of trust too.. not just a "I feel pretty good about these guys" thing.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:11 PM   #899
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm not convinced that the wolves can't name Peacock.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:14 PM   #900
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:

That's the odds of the wolf getting the seer. Who, is not as unexpendable when we practically have an uber-seer role in Scarlett who can clear five people in one go.

Yeah, and if peacock is named correctly, that's 6 legit vilagers. 9 unnamed.

If there are 3 wolves, that's

3/9 shot of lynching a wolf, rather than 3/15.

I would risk them finding the seer at 1/5 odds, if we can get a wolf with a 1/3 chance.

That's a 33% chance to lynch a wolf on day 3.

I would take that. Most definitely.