Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-03-2011, 06:47 AM   #851
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
A guy like Cain doesn't run unless he thinks he can make a splash.

... or money
Old 11-03-2011, 06:52 AM   #852
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
... or money
Well, sure! But that's what I'm saying--that he's gotta make a splash to make money off of this.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:00 AM   #853
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

If you look at his campaign staff and appearance schedule through October it's pretty obvious he wasn't running a full campaign. This was initially about selling books and positioning himself to make money after the election. I don't think he's upset that he's now a frontrunner, but I do think it caught him by surprise.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:20 AM   #854
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
... or money

Or, a splash like Scrooge McDuck into a pile of money.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:56 AM   #855
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I do find the comments about Cain being unintelligent as rather, um, unintelligent. Dude is a math/computers geek at his core, and pretty darned good at it. Cain is clearly ignorant on some matters, but he's no dummy. He's a smart guy--probably not as smart as Newt, but he's a long way from being Perry.

Last thought for now: part of me still thinks Cain's run is nothing more than a smart business move. He'll sell books, command fat speaking fees, perhaps get a much fatter talk show deal, and maybe be a go-to commentator for Fox when this is all said and done. His national recognition is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy up from what it was 9 months ago.

I think that's reading too much into this -- at least, reading too much into the comments made here. This all came up because of "Pride and Prejudice" -- I think you can say that Cain doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would have read Pride and Prejudice, and that doesn't mean you're saying Cain is unintelligent. In fact, I'm guessing most of the people who post here haven't read it, yet are still intelligent (especially if you remove the people who had to read it in high school).

I agree on it being a smart business move -- personally, I'd never heard of Godfather's Pizza until he ran. But last week, I saw one of their menus lying on the ground, and thought "hey, that place does exist!"

Also FTR, a few months back, my mom, a liberal special education teacher who thinks Republican is a dirty word, liked him on Facebook. I can only assume she got some sort of promotional freebie for doing it.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:00 AM   #856
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I think that's reading too much into this -- at least, reading too much into the comments made here. This all came up because of "Pride and Prejudice" -- I think you can say that Cain doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would have read Pride and Prejudice, and that doesn't mean you're saying Cain is unintelligent. In fact, I'm guessing most of the people who post here haven't read it, yet are still intelligent (especially if you remove the people who had to read it in high school).
There was at least one comment here saying he is "stupid." And you may be right about differentiating this board from other places. I get all of you people confused.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:27 AM   #857
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
There was at least one comment here saying he is "stupid." And you may be right about differentiating this board from other places. I get all of you people confused.

Oh so what, we all look alike?

Personally, I'd define him as: Smart when it comes to operating businesses, Stupid when it comes to operating politically. "Governing" as business is a very, very, very different thing than governing a country.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 11-03-2011 at 10:27 AM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:17 AM   #858
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Perhaps stupid is harsh, but listening to him on anything politics related suggests a guy with no depth in the arena; the 9-9-9 plan (Keep saying it! that answers everything!), the economic advisor who is a "wealth management advisor", the President of Uzbekistan, the "China is trying to develop nuclear capacity" bit - where on earth has he shown any depth, at all in politics?
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:29 AM   #859
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot View Post
Perhaps stupid is harsh, but listening to him on anything politics related suggests a guy with no depth in the arena; the 9-9-9 plan (Keep saying it! that answers everything!), the economic advisor who is a "wealth management advisor", the President of Uzbekistan, the "China is trying to develop nuclear capacity" bit - where on earth has he shown any depth, at all in politics?
My first two thoughts are...

1. Depth != winning. I think the 9-9-9 plan is a perfect example. It won't pass if suggested, won't work if passed, but it sounds catchy and simple and everyone hates the IRS, and hates filling out all those forms, so the "GET RID OF THE IRS AND PUT SOMETHING EASIER IN PLACE" works. Little details like viability and being good for the country? Bah. Most voters don't pay close enough attention for that stuff to matter. *shurg*
2. Again, I'm not terribly convinced that winning is the goal here anyway.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:28 PM   #860
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
"Famous." I'm not sure I'd use that word. I wonder if it's as simple as the media ramping up its interest in the "sleaze factor" as the 90s progressed, but I strongly suspect that "Monica Lewisky" and "Paula Jones" are far more well known names than "Gennifer Flowers." I paid attention to the '92 election, but if pressed, I don't think I could have called Flowers by name.

Honestly, I never heard about Gennifer Flowers until Paula Jones sued him, and I suspect I was abnormally interested in politics for a 10-year-old.

It might be an interview that's gained notoriety as a result of later events, but it didn't have the cultural impact when it happened that the deposition did.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:52 PM   #861
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

1. Depth != winning. I think the 9-9-9 plan is a perfect example. It won't pass if suggested, won't work if passed, but it sounds catchy and simple and everyone hates the IRS, and hates filling out all those forms, so the "GET RID OF THE IRS AND PUT SOMETHING EASIER IN PLACE" works. Little details like viability and being good for the country? Bah. Most voters don't pay close enough attention for that stuff to matter. *shurg*

FWIW, I agree with you - I think Cain is trying to sell books and a business as a motivational speaker, and his popularity has exceeded even his best hopes. Still, if he wants to stay in the game, he needs to shape up. If not, than bow out. If you're a hard-core conservative in the GOP right now, are you really going to be happy if Romney wins with 30% because a bunch of ego candidates split the "conservative" vote?
Old 11-03-2011, 04:00 PM   #862
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Honestly, I never heard about Gennifer Flowers until Paula Jones sued him, and I suspect I was abnormally interested in politics for a 10-year-old.

It might be an interview that's gained notoriety as a result of later events, but it didn't have the cultural impact when it happened that the deposition did.

It was a very big deal at the time. Having Hillary sit with him during the interview saved his campaign. Without that interview and Hillary's support I don't think he would have been the president.

edit: Of course me misremembering it as BW instead of Sixty Minutes doesn't help my point!

Last edited by JPhillips : 11-03-2011 at 04:01 PM.
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:08 PM   #863
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Why is it that the only thing I remember about Gennifer Flowers outside of vaguely knowing Clinton had an affair with her is that she appeared in Playboy?

And do I want to know what that says about me? I say no.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 11-03-2011 at 04:09 PM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:10 PM   #864
cuervo72
Head Coach

I think it was Penthouse, actually.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:25 PM   #865
Ben E Lou

Quote:
If you're a hard-core conservative in the GOP right now, are you really going to be happy if Romney wins with 30% because a bunch of ego candidates split the "conservative" vote?
This is a fair point. My only counterpoint is this: seems to me that the hard-core conservatives in the GOP are going to be disappointed regardless of how this whole thing shakes down. Nominate one of the conservative candidates, and Obama wins. Nominate Romney, and they're still not happy. My guess is that only significant scandals or other major problems for Obama and Romney--enough to allow Cain or Perry to win the nomination and the Presidency--will make the conservative Republicans happy with the 2012 election.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:26 PM   #866
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
edit: Of course me misremembering it as BW instead of Sixty Minutes doesn't help my point!
Old 11-03-2011, 04:26 PM   #867
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
This is a fair point. My only counterpoint is this: seems to me that the hard-core conservatives in the GOP are going to be disappointed regardless of how this whole thing shakes down. Nominate one of the conservative candidates, and Obama wins. Nominate Romney, and they're still not happy. My guess is that only significant scandals or other major problems for Obama and Romney--enough to allow Cain or Perry to win the nomination and the Presidency--will make the conservative Republicans happy with the 2012 election.

I figure you're a conservative Republican - who are you voting for?
Old 11-03-2011, 04:38 PM   #868
Ben E Lou

Quote:
I figure you're a conservative Republican - who are you voting for?
I'm not a conservative Republican. Philosophically, I lean Libertarian on most issues. But more than anything else, I'm fairly well beyond thinking there will be change in my lifetime from the White House or Capitol that is acceptable to me, so I guess I'm just a cynic more than anything else. It doesn't help this condition much that I've lived all my adult life in states and districts where the outcome in General Elections was pretty much a given. Cobb County, GA was going (R), period. DeKalb County? Straight-up (D). And the Lowcountry as well as the state of SC are decidedly (R). I still vote in nearly every election, but I'm more inclined to believe my vote actually matters in primaries than in General Elections. I will vote in the (R) primary in SC, probably for Cain, but maybe for Paul. In short, my admittedly-insignificant vote is typically cast for "something different," at least when that exists on the ballot.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:38 PM   #869
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
I think it was Penthouse, actually.

Yeah, I didn't stop to check the letterhead too often on my way inside in those days. Not that I stopped long at Gennifer Flowers' pictorial neither.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:28 PM   #870
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Paul says friendship best way to deal with Iran - Yahoo! News

What a nutty stance! Everyone knows that American soldiers' lives are the best way to deal with Iran! They may build a nuke!!!! OMG, how do we deal with China and Russia having thousands of nukes? But they will nuke Israel!!!! OMG, of course they will nuke a country that has hundreds of nukes and two Superpower allies with thousands of nukes. They are stupid brown people intent on destroying the world.

Last edited by panerd : 11-06-2011 at 12:30 PM.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:27 PM   #871
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I thought this was interesting ... and not because of the scriptual reference so let's try not to take it down that road m'kay.

Herman Cain posted on his facebook a little while ago
Quote:
RNC Chairman Reince Priebus stopped by just now before the debate and shared Isaiah 54:17 with me. God bless him and the rest of this great country!

That scripture reads No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

The reason I'm posting is that I wonder how the other GOP hopefuls will react (mostly privately I imagine) to Priebus lending support to Cain. I also wonder whether we might be able to read something into the RNC's own belief/skepticism about the allegations.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 11-09-2011 at 07:27 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:15 PM   #872
mckerney
Coordinator

Oops.

mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:29 PM   #873
Thomkal
Head Coach

Man what a disaster, he should just drop out now.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:38 PM   #874
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Molly Ivins is up there somewhere smiling.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:40 PM   #875
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Rick Perry is like the Aggies, starts off well enough but god forbid he finish strong.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:43 PM   #876
mckerney
Coordinator

He still reminds me of Jefferson D'Arcy

mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:46 PM   #877
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Oops.

Okay, that's funny, I don't care who you are.

Who was it said "EPA" from the wings?
Old 11-09-2011, 10:52 PM   #878
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Okay, that's funny, I don't care who you are.

Who was it said "EPA" from the wings?

Romney
Old 11-09-2011, 10:54 PM   #879
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
He still reminds me of Jefferson D'Arcy

Much like Ted McGinley, Rick Perry will destroy Happy Days.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:56 PM   #880
Grover
Pro Starter

That was absolutely brilliant.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:33 AM   #881
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Paul says friendship best way to deal with Iran - Yahoo! News

What a nutty stance! Everyone knows that American soldiers' lives are the best way to deal with Iran! They may build a nuke!!!! OMG, how do we deal with China and Russia having thousands of nukes? But they will nuke Israel!!!! OMG, of course they will nuke a country that has hundreds of nukes and two Superpower allies with thousands of nukes. They are stupid brown people intent on destroying the world.

The following things occur in Iran:

-Women are considered half the value of men
-One male witness is worth two female witnesses
-Married women may not leave their home without their husbands permission
-Women must be covered
-Capital punishment for such heinous crimes as adultery, drinking alcohol, and having oral sex
-You can be killed for saying something negative about the government or Islam

I can go on and on with this. But I guess my point is, I don't want to be friends with low-life savages like that.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:43 AM   #882
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
The following things occur in Iran:

-Women are considered half the value of men
-One male witness is worth two female witnesses
-Married women may not leave their home without their husbands permission
-Women must be covered
-Capital punishment for such heinous crimes as adultery, drinking alcohol, and having oral sex
-You can be killed for saying something negative about the government or Islam

I can go on and on with this. But I guess my point is, I don't want to be friends with low-life savages like that.

Are you really this much of an idiot? we are friends with the Saudi's (allies, even); all those rules apply there. We were friends with Chile when they were torturing the opposition. Getting on a moral high horse is hilarious, even more so when THEIR neighbors do exactly the same thing and we are okay with it. Its Realpolitik, not morality, and do not pretend otherwise. I don't actually agree with Panerd, but your arguement is so absurd it made me laugh.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:45 AM   #883
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Are you really this much of an idiot? we are friends with the Saudi's (allies, even); all those rules apply there. We were friends with Chile when they were torturing the opposition. Getting on a moral high horse is hilarious, even more so when THEIR neighbors do exactly the same thing and we are okay with it. Its Realpolitik, not morality, and do not pretend otherwise. I don't actually agree with Panerd, but your arguement is so absurd it made me laugh.
And I don't think we should be friends with those countries. And yes, I'm on a moral high horse for thinking our country should look down upon those with civilizations 500 years behind the times.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:33 AM   #884
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Hey I'm with Paul on the soundbytes that don't make the front page (most of the time anywhere in the paper). Our country is going bankrupt. We can't keep forcing our values on Iran, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Chile... Even if we want to we have no money. This is why empires collapse.

I agree that Rainmaker is almost comical though buying the company line on women and oppression. The stated reason for American intervention all over the world for the past 40 years. I know he's capable of deeper thinking than this I wonder if his account was hacked by somebody else. And I wonder what will happen if Romney or Cain or somebody wins the presidency and starts bombing Iran. I am sure he will fully support installing American values (especially American corporate values) all throughout the world!
Old 11-10-2011, 07:19 AM   #885
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:
Hey I'm with Paul on the soundbytes that don't make the front page (most of the time anywhere in the paper). Our country is going bankrupt. We can't keep forcing our values on Iran, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Chile... Even if we want to we have no money. This is why empires collapse.

Well, I don't know that we need to be friends with Iran but I do agree that we shouldn't be friends with countries who don't share the vast majority of ideals with us. Unfortunately, we don't have the luxury to be quite as selective so long as we need their oil.

This is 1 of the dozens of reasons to add to a real energy independence initiative. That doesn't mean we replace foreign oil for domestic oil 1 for 1...but it does mean we should be thinking bigger than "everybody cram into boxes in the cities & ride bikes to work". To that end...it would actually bring us back to the reasons Section 8 housing was created in the 1st place...because low income people couldn't afford the city when everybody lived there.

I'm digressing again but I just see the vast majority of economic & geopolitical problems we have tied to world oil supply. The world supply of it is dominated by cultures that are not in line with Western societal thinking & every day we wait, the balance of wealth continues to go towards those same cultures/societies. Its a bit like borrowing money off your irresponsible kid...you can borrow it but then you have no business lecturing them about their own irresponsibility.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:52 AM   #886
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I don't see how it isn't Romney.

Bachmann flamed out and apparently has no money.

Cain's scandal seems to really have some legs, and he's always been running for Well-Paid-Pundit-In-Chief instead of President anyway.

Paul has never been able to get his support above his core supporters.

Gingrich will probably get a bit of a bump, but he's (very) low on cash right now.

Perry comes across as an idiot. And not a likable idiot.

Huntsman is too liberal.

Palin/Jindal/Huckabee/Christie/etc. would get too late of a start.

Santorum I know nothing about, but no one seems to be supporting him.

If I had to pick a non-Mitt, I guess I would go with Santorum (on the theory that I know little enough about him that I can't say why it isn't him) or Gingrich. As a former Speaker, he's probably still able to raise the money and the institutional support pretty quickly if it looks like his campaign has some legs.

But, really, I don't see how it isn't Mitt at this point.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:03 AM   #887
QuikSand
lolzcat

It doesn't seem too far-fetched that Newt Gingrich would be a logical "next in line" for the anti-Romney legion. Prediction markets seem to agree - a month ago, his chance to win the nomination was judged at <2%, now it's around 9% (via InTrade).
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:58 AM   #888
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

There really isn't anyone left but Newt to be the notRomney.

It's got to be worrisome for the Romney camp that even after the parade of losers challenging him has been totally exposed he still can't break out of the mid-twenties.

Last edited by JPhillips : 11-10-2011 at 08:59 AM.
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:39 AM   #889
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Rick Perry is going to go on Fox News in a bit for an announcement. All I can figure is that he's going to give three reasons he is staying in the race.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:08 PM   #890
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Rick Perry is going to go on Fox News in a bit for an announcement. All I can figure is that he's going to give three reasons he is staying in the race.

He needs to write them on his hand so he can remember them.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:16 PM   #891
AgustusM
College Prospect

Quote:

best political analysis I have read in years.

The worst part about the current harassment scandal is somehow that has become the story instead of the absurdity of the 9-9-9 plan. It drives me crazy the nonsense that we as a society become obsessed with.
AgustusM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:24 PM   #892
cartman
Death Herald

As someone (not sure who, maybe Molly Ivins) once said:

How does a Republican win an election? By letting them talk for 30 seconds.
How does a Republican lose an election? By letting them talk for two minutes.

Last edited by cartman : 11-10-2011 at 12:30 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:15 PM   #893
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post

Oh he's already been on all the morning news shows telling people to go to his website and tell him what they think the third government agency that should be abolished should be.

I'd like to suggest whatever agency it is that allows incompetent people to think they can successfully run for President.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:38 PM   #894
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Oh he's already been on all the morning news shows telling people to go to his website and tell him what they think the third government agency that should be abolished should be.

I'd like to suggest whatever agency it is that allows incompetent people to think they can successfully run for President.

He is just a perfect example of a politician who has no principles at all and just says whatever it takes to be elected. Perry can't name the agencies he will get rid of because he doesn't really know or care somebody just told him what is trending high to the Republican crowd. Obviously the chance of his following through with promises that he can't even come up with in a debate is basically zero.

Besides him getting nailed and looking like a fool I would be interested to hear how he is really any different than most of the candidates.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:58 PM   #895
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
I agree that Rainmaker is almost comical though buying the company line on women and oppression. The stated reason for American intervention all over the world for the past 40 years. I know he's capable of deeper thinking than this I wonder if his account was hacked by somebody else. And I wonder what will happen if Romney or Cain or somebody wins the presidency and starts bombing Iran. I am sure he will fully support installing American values (especially American corporate values) all throughout the world!

I don't believe in American intervention. I just don't believe we need to be pals with countries who don't respect even the most basic of human rights.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:13 PM   #896
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
He is just a perfect example of a politician who has no principles at all and just says whatever it takes to be elected.

Funny, this works perfectly for Romney too.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:15 PM   #897
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Funny, this works perfectly for Romney too.

No doubt. (Obama as well)
Old 11-10-2011, 02:52 PM   #898
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post

Can we suggest Texas as the 3rd one? I mean, I know it isn't an agency, but, I would love to see the response to that.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:42 PM   #899
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Can we suggest Texas as the 3rd one? I mean, I know it isn't an agency, but, I would love to see the response to that.

Actually he's already tried that-when he suggested secession for Texas from the US.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:52 PM   #900
molson
General Manager

Quote:
He is just a perfect example of a politician who has no principles at all and just says whatever it takes to be elected.

Doesn't Perry have a few views very unpopular with the Republican base?

It was a funny slip-up, but I think the better-polished, faker candidates are more likely to have memorized everything properly. Obama and Romney aren't making mistakes like that, because they're the most manufactured, image-conscious, candidate robots one could possibly design. That doesn't make them sincere, it sure as hell doesn't make them effective as presidents.

Presentation is THE most important thing for a U.S. presidential candidate. Sure, a botch like that could reflect a declining mental capacity I guess, or a problem with pressure, but otherwise, I'd be a lot more concerned with somebody's background (or lack of a background) then whether he botches something at a debate.

Last edited by molson : 11-10-2011 at 03:54 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote