Old 07-28-2005, 03:26 PM   #852
digamma
Torchbearer

Vote Neon_Chaos
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 03:27 PM   #853
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I can understand thinking kingfc22 was converted... he was even more confused than I was and am, judging by his voting and comment pattern yesterday.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 03:27 PM   #854
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Since it looks like I'm going either tonight or tomorrow, I might as well not hold back then:

In a nutshell, my father was a separatist. He was an alien supporter and took me to a doctor and my blood was tainted. Now, if I'm targeted and die, I can kill somebody (human or alien) that night due to my tainted blood (sort of an eye for an eye thing). The problem is that whomever I kill, I won't be sure if they're an alien or not. I'm pretty sure Fouts is an alien and may be a double spy. I'm somewhat inclined to believe at least part of his story that he was a slave to the aliens (the part I'm not inclined to believe is that I'm an alien).

Any idea whether this may cause you to show up as ectoplasmic on the sensors. I'm hopeful we might only be dealing with two aliens besides your mixed blood.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:28 PM   #855
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Vote Neon_Chaos
Now that's an interesting one. You voted for Fouts yesterday.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 07-28-2005, 03:28 PM   #856
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
I can understand thinking kingfc22 was converted... he was even more confused than I was and am, judging by his voting and comment pattern yesterday.

I definitely thought kingfc22 had gone bad. And, of course, that's why I viewed him last night. Like Peregrine, though, he was X-Com through and through.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:30 PM   #857
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
Any idea whether this may cause you to show up as ectoplasmic on the sensors. I'm hopeful we might only be dealing with two aliens besides your mixed blood.

He's telling the truth. He's alien and when he dies, he'll take one of us with him. Some sort of acid blood. I'd rather not be in the room when he goes.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 03:33 PM   #858
digamma
Torchbearer

Yeah, I know he's telling the truth. I had the same result in my scan. I just am wondering how he counts in the numbers--because he began his life as a human.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:34 PM   #859
Vince
Pro Starter

Raiders this (along with posts #517 and 473) are why I have been voting for Neon_Chaos for three days now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
This is completely true. However, I'm not going to be here for most of the day (and for the vote), so I'm sticking with my vote of Neon_Chaos because of my reasoning back in posts #517 and #473. I think that regardless of what we think that CW was, Neon_Chaos is a bad guy. Based upon everything that happened yesterday, we have only three options:

1) If CW was telling the truth about his scan, then Neon_Chaos IS the Chryssalid, there is no arguing that.

If CW was a bad guy, however, and lying to us for his benefit...then we have two MORE options.

2) Neon_Chaos is not a bad guy. If CW's gambit worked, we would have hung him, found out he was a good guy, and then immediately turned upon CW. The Aliens would have gotten a 2-for-1 situation (one good guy, one night kill/conversion, only one Alien dead) -- which doesn't make sense, because before CW opened his mouth, we had practically no idea what we were doing, and the Aliens had at least a good chance of getting a 2-for-0 situation (we vote a good guy, they kill/convert a good guy, don't necessarily lose a bad guy the next day). This strategy seems flawed. The only way this strategy looks good is if CW is a 'brutal wolf' type character who can take someone out as he dies -- then the Aliens get a 3-for-1 swing. Since CW died, and didn't kill anyone in the process (though he tried), that further makes this strategy look bad.

3) Neon_Chaos is a bad guy (anyways), and CW was trying to set it up so he was considered a good guy the rest of the way. I think this is a strong strategy, and until recently had thought it a strong possibility.

In two of these three scenarios, Neon is not a good guy. And in the only scenario in which Neon IS a good guy, CW is a bad guy, and his strategy makes very little sense. Hence my vote for Neon_Chaos.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 03:36 PM   #860
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yeah, I know he's telling the truth. I had the same result in my scan. I just am wondering how he counts in the numbers--because he began his life as a human.

I think he'll probably count as one of the ectoplasmics. The bigger question, in my opinion -- where do his loyalties lie? What is his victory condition? Can we win with him still alive? I think we have to go Neon today, RA tomorrow. If we can afford to keep him alive, sweet -- but he's prime suspect #2 on my list right now.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:39 PM   #861
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
I think he'll probably count as one of the ectoplasmics. The bigger question, in my opinion -- where do his loyalties lie? What is his victory condition? Can we win with him still alive? I think we have to go Neon today, RA tomorrow. If we can afford to keep him alive, sweet -- but he's prime suspect #2 on my list right now.

I agree. There's something very fishy about RA...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 03:41 PM   #862
Fouts
College Starter

Here's how I have it right now;

Known bad guys - Neon, RA

Known good guys - Fouts, Swaggs

Suspected bad guys - Qwik

Suspected good guys - Digamma, Vince, Jeeber

I don't know - Mr. Wednesday
Old 07-28-2005, 03:45 PM   #863
Swaggs
Coordinator

Fouts, can you confirm or deny that there is a lag period between the conversion and becoming a full fledged ecto? What happened with hoopsguy? Was he immediately converted?

The lag time things worries me badly.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 03:46 PM   #864
Vince
Pro Starter

I think he was just acting. I have no knowledge of this, but I've got a pretty strong feeling that's just what he was doing.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:49 PM   #865
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
I thought King might have been the converted, but now I can see I was wrong. Why would they kill King? To show me as being able to get it wrong? Qwik, you would have done better to vote for Neon right away. Now you are suspected of being converted.

It actually makes sense that they would convert you. It would be too risky to leave you with that ability. You could have become the bodyguard, if I read the role correctly.

Why would I become the bodyguard...I can't protect myself...trying to figure out why I'm still alive is like asking why Peregrine and King were whacked...no rhyme or reason.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 03:50 PM   #866
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
I think he was just acting. I have no knowledge of this, but I've got a pretty strong feeling that's just what he was doing.

Yeah they are converted right away, and that was a great show by hoops. He had to keep up the looks of still being all over blade, but once we all got on that bandwagon it was too late for them to save him. Hoops led the charge for blade's death by trying to keep his image up.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:51 PM   #867
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
Why would I become the bodyguard...I can't protect myself...trying to figure out why I'm still alive is like asking why Peregrine and King were whacked...no rhyme or reason.

I was just saying as the jack of all trades, the aliens couldn't risk that you could become the bodyguard. It is a great move, if that is how it works.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:54 PM   #868
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
I was just saying as the jack of all trades, the aliens couldn't risk that you could become the bodyguard. It is a great move, if that is how it works.

Surely there is a better position to help the troops than guard?

I'm still trying to find something bigger to help in figuring out who's who...I concur that Neon is probably a baddie, but I did that before.

I got Blade, but I was wrong about him being the chrysallid.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:56 PM   #869
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Surely there is a better position to help the troops than guard?

I'm still trying to find something bigger to help in figuring out who's who...I concur that Neon is probably a baddie, but I did that before.

I got Blade, but I was wrong about him being the chrysallid.

Strange how you are making sense now that you are an alien. Back when you were human I couldn't figure out why you made all the wrong moves. Have you joined the hive?

And I would think you would have picked a role by now. This confirms for me that you are the converted.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:00 PM   #870
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Strange how you are making sense now that you are an alien. Back when you were human I couldn't figure out why you made all the wrong moves. Have you joined the hive?

And I would think you would have picked a role by now. This confirms for me that you are the converted.

I can only pick the role of someone dead...and only if the role is useful. As of now, Jack of Trades is still more useful than anything I've come across.

Have I joined the hive? No.

Glad I am making sense now, but I made sense before. I got Blade that was a right move. I mucked up on CW.

But I believe the aliens would not have gone for such a high profile person, they would've gone for someone quieter. Meanwhile, I knew when I came out with my ability (thanks to Sir Fozzie, which was only fair), that I would become a target for death, conversion or discredited because I was still around.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:01 PM   #871
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I can only assume a role of a dead person...should I just become a grunt?!?

/That's/ foolish talk.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:13 PM   #872
Swaggs
Coordinator

Qwik, you can prove your innocence tomorrow by telling us what kingfc22's role was.

There are multiple people that know what it was.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:13 PM   #873
Swaggs
Coordinator

Also, whose room did you check last night and what did you find?
Old 07-28-2005, 04:15 PM   #874
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
I can only assume a role of a dead person...should I just become a grunt?!?

/That's/ foolish talk.

CW was the bodyguard, that is a guarantee. Why wouldn't you want to be the bodyguard? That is why they converted you.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:32 PM   #875
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
CW was the bodyguard, that is a guarantee. Why wouldn't you want to be the bodyguard? That is why they converted you.

Because I was looking for a better role.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:38 PM   #876
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Screw this, if I'm in the axis of evil, I might as well go:

Unvote Neon_Chaos
Vote Fouts

As per Vince, I'm a goner tomorrow, so I'm voting for Fouts. My vote won't make a difference anyhow.

I see this:

Fouts
digamma
Vince
JeeberD

All against me. So fuck it. What do I have to lose?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 05:46 PM   #877
digamma
Torchbearer

For the record, RA, I've never said I'm against you. I've said all along that I believe you want to get back at the ones who made you who you are. If you know something, you should tell us.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:48 PM   #878
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
For the record, RA, I've never said I'm against you. I've said all along that I believe you want to get back at the ones who made you who you are. If you know something, you should tell us.

Did Michael do anything to you, you should tell...did he moonwalk? Did he have his sequined glove...telling with make you feel better.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:48 PM   #879
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
I've already told you. I see how this is going to go down, and there's nothing I can do to stop it.

Neon Chaos tonight.

Me tonight or tomorrow.

Don't worry, dig, I won't take you out when I die and that's a promise
Old 07-28-2005, 05:49 PM   #880
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Did Michael do anything to you, you should tell...did he moonwalk? Did he have his sequined glove...telling with make you feel better.
LOL. He came in his pajamas.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:50 PM   #881
Raiders Army
Coordinator

BTW, that's a Triumph reference
Old 07-28-2005, 05:53 PM   #882
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
I've already told you. I see how this is going to go down, and there's nothing I can do to stop it.

Neon Chaos tonight.

Me tonight or tomorrow.

Don't worry, dig, I won't take you out when I die and that's a promise

I don't think I'll live to see tomorrow.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:56 PM   #883
Swaggs
Coordinator

Qwik, did you find anything last night in anyone's room?
Old 07-28-2005, 06:14 PM   #884
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I've got some misgivings about voting for Neon right now, but unfortunately I don't have time to do anything about it. I'll be away until after the vote is tallied.

Old 07-28-2005, 06:16 PM   #885
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Qwik, did you find anything last night in anyone's room?

Ok..

Hoopguy's room reeks and oozes with slime that's everywhere. you don't want to know where it came from. This room looks to be a refuge for the aliens. There's a board with pictures of all the X-com soldiers!!! You see Coffee Warlord's photo slashed out, Peregrine with a malicious "X" over his face, several others you recognize like Mr. Wednesday but the majority of it has been destroyed, on purpose? The room seems to have not been used recently.

Your verdict: Alien.. some kind of minion. you just do not know what exactly.

Take it as you were.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:21 PM   #886
Vince
Pro Starter

That reference to Mr. W could be huge -- thoughts, guys?
Old 07-28-2005, 06:24 PM   #887
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Alrighty....

Unvote Fouts
Vote Mr. W
Old 07-28-2005, 06:26 PM   #888
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I have no idea why they would be referencing me, unless it's a desperate attempt to deflect attention away from someone else.

Old 07-28-2005, 06:26 PM   #889
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'm sticking with Neon Chaos for today.

Raiders Army, perhaps the medic can remedy your problem.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:27 PM   #890
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Hope I'm still alive when I get back. I'm one of the good guys, even if I haven't been much help when it's come to the voting.

Old 07-28-2005, 06:31 PM   #891
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
I have no idea why they would be referencing me, unless it's a desperate attempt to deflect attention away from someone else.

I'm only stating what I saw, I'm neither accusing nor ignoring, I'm just reporting what I saw.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:36 PM   #892
Raiders Army
Coordinator

What's one more change?

Unvote Mr. W
Vote Neon_Chaos

*sigh*

Heheh...Fozzie's gonna have trouble counting my vote.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:36 PM   #893
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Unvote Neon_Chaos
Vote Neon_Chaos
Old 07-28-2005, 06:37 PM   #894
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Alrighty fellas, I'm off to play CoH and such...I'll see you after the vote.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:37 PM   #895
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Unvote Richard Nixon
Vote Milton Berle

Wait...they're both dead...let's move along.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:40 PM   #896
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Wait, this is X-Com...when's Coffee Warlord II report for duty?
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 06:40 PM   #897
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
Wait, this is X-Com...when's Coffee Warlord II report for duty?

Speaking of which, where has GB been?
Old 07-28-2005, 06:41 PM   #898
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Speaking of which, where has GB been?

I was wondering that myself when this game started. Haven't seen him in ages.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 06:42 PM   #899
hoopsguy
General Manager

Hoopsguy II is ready as an alternate - I want to frag some aliens!
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 06:44 PM   #900
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Hey guys, have to go out and pick up my car from the shop, I'll be back shortly after 8 to tabulate and tell what's going to happen..