Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-27-2009, 03:58 PM   #851
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
I do not really want to vote hoops today. Two reasons occur to me.
First, We do need to get another candidate up there. Even if hoops is a wolf there are still others out there. (assuming the list of possible wolves are all used then 2 others) Getting another candidate could help us refine the list more.

Secondly, (and more important to me) I feel someone who was willing to listen and ask questions of those accused of being wolves is worth having around. (especially since I know that I am a villager and at least he believed in me and my positions enough to vote )

One alternative that hasn't been mentioned much that needs some light shined on it, is the quieter players. I realize this is a somewhat selfish act, as I have been defined as a quiet one as well. Martin needs to be looked at in the near future. As we all know a quiet wolf is a deadly wolf.

First off, FYI Schmidty revealed that there are (were) a total of 4 wolves, so there are 3 and a cultist remaining.

Two, why in particular do you call out MartinD? He voted for PB day 1 but when it was a 4-4 tie on D2 he voted for Abe. He hasn't posted much so there's not a lot to go on there. I'm just curious why you would single him out when there appear to be others with more suspicious voting history.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:04 PM   #852
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Alright, we all know how great my instincts have been this game, but I want to explore something. There is no way, IMHO, that Hoops puts such an early vote on Abe if he were a wolf, too much of a risk, particularly for the cunning.

That said, I want to look at vote #1 on me as well as the person that asked me, sort of out of the blue, if I was enslutted. I purposely shared no information to see what would happen when I said nothing. That said, for now:

vote JAG
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:08 PM   #853
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Righht on the number I said 2 left if hoops was a wolf. I did not mean that to be as confusing as it was. I had not mentioned the cultist for no reason what so ever. We win even if he is alive and the wolves are all dead, right? So if we found him, great! But wolf hunting is more important.

I called out Martin because of his quiet nature. So it is exactly that he hasn't posted much that I looked his way. mind you I am not advocating voting him today. He is someone we should not just let waltz too much further without being challenged.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:08 PM   #854
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Votes as of Post #852:
Hoops 3 - Lathum (774), RA (801), JAG (826)
CW 2 - Hoops (777), NTN (849)
NTN 2 - Lerri (778), CW (841)
JAG 1 - PB (852)
Old 10-27-2009, 04:08 PM   #855
The Jackal
Coordinator

Anyone have a vote count?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:08 PM   #856
The Jackal
Coordinator

heh, thanks JAG
Old 10-27-2009, 04:20 PM   #857
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I am not ready to vote hoops yet, although I would describe myself as an "interested observer" at the moment. He is a candidate I will take a closer look at once I get home.

But I want to get a vote in now, in case I can't get home in time or just run short on time.

I was heavy after ntn yesterday, but in light of the Abe lynch and looking at how things developed, I am a little more comfortable with him being a villager now. To the eye looking without context, one would presume ntn's Abe vote yesterday was self-defense, but actually, he was one of the first three to vote on Abe, when candidates were still being established, and he himself had not yet received a vote. This doesn't clear him, but it moves my opinion of him a little more toward trusted.

Which brings me to the exact opposite--ntn's Day 1 paramour, RA. he himself has noted how poorly his votes come off. His introduction of ntn as a candidate when Abe was on the verge of a runaway just does not come off well. When you combine that with moving away from ABe late on Day One, and the various vote changes, it's a rather wolfish combination.

I am not going to vote fifth candidate at this point, but if there is enough interest between now and the deadline, I would certainly strongly consider Raiders Army.

Sticking to the candidates at hand, if I am not yet going to vote hoops, and I am not inclined at the moment to vote ntn, I am going to vote CW. But it's more a vote of attrition--I'm not confident that the evidence here in enough to hang him, and also the primary person backing the argument is hoops.

Sorry, PB, on JAG--I'll look more closely at him later. But I view it as a throwaway right now, until I see some more analysis put into a JAG vote.

I will review this vote further when I get home later tonight.

VOTE COFFEE WARLORD

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:24 PM   #858
The Jackal
Coordinator

This is tough.

hoops votes Abe early day 1. I wouldn't think a fellow wolf would give the cunning their first vote when he could've put it anywhere else, but it definitely could be a ploy to gain trust later if Abe ever went down, and there was no indication that Abe was going to be thrust into the lead. Day 2 he ties Abe up with NTN at 4, so that lowers my distrust slightly.

CW, on the other hand, unvotes KWhit day 1 to tie Abe and PB at 6. Would a fellow wolf do that to the cunning? I have a very hard time believing so. There was no certainty that Abe was going down, and as we saw soon after PB revealed, people were very willing to move off Abe (most of which were likely villagers). But then on day 2 he votes to put NTN up over Abe 4-3.

I'm not liking the way KWhit looks. Between his vote to put PB up day 1 and his meaningless vote day 2 he's on the radar.

NTN unvotes RA to put PB up 6-4 day one, then unvotes PB after his reveal and votes for Telle. Day 2 he votes Abe early as a self defense measure, but I'm starting to think its possible we had wolf v wolf yesterday. I think finding out NTN's allegiance would be useful.

Still thinking about where I want to go with this vote.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:28 PM   #859
The Jackal
Coordinator

Looking at RA:

Votes NTN early day 1. Switches to put PB up over Abe 8-6 right before PB's reveal (looks bad). Switches to Abe after the reveal, putting him up 8-5 (wolf deciding Abe was done or just moving to the other candidate?). And then he also moves from Abe to Telle with the wave of people doing so. He's certainly under suspicion.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:29 PM   #860
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
CW, on the other hand, unvotes KWhit day 1 to tie Abe and PB at 6. Would a fellow wolf do that to the cunning? I have a very hard time believing so. There was no certainty that Abe was going down, and as we saw soon after PB revealed, people were very willing to move off Abe (most of which were likely villagers). But then on day 2 he votes to put NTN up over Abe 4-3.

Yup, herein is my problem with a CW vote. I am on there right now to keep it closer and because I don't want to push hoops too far along without further thought. But I don't see that move on Abe on Day One either. And Day Two combined with Day One doesn't scream guilt to me, so much as "doesn't know what Abe is".

The circumstances/vote count called for me to put a placeholder vote on CW for now. But I am really thinking I am not going to be staying there.

I'm not against a KWhit vote either. Jackal, what are your thoughts on what I was saying about RA?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:30 PM   #861
The Jackal
Coordinator

Just posted about RA, CR, take a look.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:30 PM   #862
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Looking at RA:

Votes NTN early day 1. Switches to put PB up over Abe 8-6 right before PB's reveal (looks bad). Switches to Abe after the reveal, putting him up 8-5 (wolf deciding Abe was done or just moving to the other candidate?). And then he also moves from Abe to Telle with the wave of people doing so. He's certainly under suspicion.

Heh, asked and answered.

Old 10-27-2009, 04:31 PM   #863
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Just posted about RA, CR, take a look.

Stop cross-posting me!

Old 10-27-2009, 04:31 PM   #864
The Jackal
Coordinator

I forgot to include day 2 in my look at RA, he votes NTN to make it 3-1 Abe over NTN. Preventing a runaway or giving Abe a shot?
Old 10-27-2009, 04:34 PM   #865
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Stop cross-posting me!

I'll be watching the Flyers/Caps and having dinner from 7 on, but I'll certainly be around. Will make my decision on voting a little later on.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:43 PM   #866
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Looking at RA:

You think CW looks better tying Abe-PB at 6-6 (and eventually helping to save Abe with a late switch) than RA looks bringing Abe to 8-5 (and eventually moving his vote off of Abe when it was less clear that Abe would avoid being lynched)? I'm not sure I agree with that.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:44 PM   #867
MartinD
High School Varsity

Apologies for not posting more - have been finding it difficult to muster much enthusiasm for this game (through no fault of anyone involved in the game other than me). I suspect that I may take a bit of time off from WW after this one...

Today's been more about a lack of time, though - had something on after work today so was home late. I've been in the thread for a while since I got home, but have been doing a few other things - am just about caught up now.
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:50 PM   #868
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, pouting over. I've likely got an hour or so in the thread now, and maybe 15-20 minutes later this evening when my kid has her bath. So if there is anything that people want to talk about with my play I'm happy to field those questions.

I guess maybe there is a lesson to be learned that after I left the thread some other people started picking up votes ... maybe sticking around and partaking in the conversation is not all that effective a way to "win" and doing the "quiet" thing is a more effective strategy? I really do not like drawing that conclusion because I don't think the game is particularly entertaining if the majority of players pursue that kind of "optimum" strategy.

Oh well, back at it now. I do apologize unconditionally for letting off some steam earlier in the thread.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:51 PM   #869
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
You think CW looks better tying Abe-PB at 6-6 (and eventually helping to save Abe with a late switch) than RA looks bringing Abe to 8-5 (and eventually moving his vote off of Abe when it was less clear that Abe would avoid being lynched)? I'm not sure I agree with that.

I haven't compared people at all..
Old 10-27-2009, 04:52 PM   #870
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post

And furthermore, I said that CW doing that makes me lean towards him not being a wolf. Read my posts.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:52 PM   #871
The Jackal
Coordinator

Ah, disregard that last post.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:53 PM   #872
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm not sure what you are saying, JAG, to be honest.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:54 PM   #873
The Jackal
Coordinator

CW voting for Abe to put it at 6-6 definitely looks good for him. RA voting to put Abe up 8-5 does not necessarily look good for him, since it was post-PB reveal.

How are you saying RA looks better there?
Old 10-27-2009, 04:58 PM   #874
The Jackal
Coordinator

Definitely correct me if I'm not following you here, JAG, I need to make an informed vote.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:05 PM   #875
MartinD
High School Varsity

Looks like a possible 3-way contest today, with hoops, ntndeacon and Coffee Warlord in the frame...

Given that hoops and ntn are in the frame, I don't think that CW is the right way to go at this point - have more suspicion of hoops and ntn, and think that the village learns more by lynching either of those two. ntn's post earlier raised a few warning flags with me (and that has nothing to do with him pointing the finger in my direction, as that part of his post is perfectly justified, IMHO).

VOTE NTNDEACON
Old 10-27-2009, 05:10 PM   #876
hoopsguy
General Manager

Martin, why would you rate CW as less suspicious than me? Are you rating D1 votes as more significant than D2? Do you think that we had wolf-vs-wolf yesterday?
Old 10-27-2009, 05:14 PM   #877
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Specifically a stinky shoe, but I'm not smelling your shoes to figure out who did it.

I guess you don't have the agility of GWB?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 05:16 PM   #878
The Jackal
Coordinator

How are you reading this, EF?
Old 10-27-2009, 05:21 PM   #879
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Hoops, I realize you might not want to answer this question, but it may be imperative to your survival. Do you have a role? I think you may have hinted something earlier, but I don't want to over read something.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:32 PM   #880
hoopsguy
General Manager

GE, I have not hinted at any role because I don't have one other than the usual party guest.

As a semi-related point, I would prefer not to have a conversation about the contents of the vanilla villager PM. I do not know if they are unique or not but if they are not it can be a very slippery slope to building "unfair" trust.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:35 PM   #881
MartinD
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Martin, why would you rate CW as less suspicious than me? Are you rating D1 votes as more significant than D2? Do you think that we had wolf-vs-wolf yesterday?

Have another look at the post with my vote - my choice isn't really based on vote patterns, but what I think that we learn from lynching a particular individual. I don't think we (as the village) learn as much from Coffee Warlord as we do from either you or ntndeacon.

Based on my current feelings, it would not come as a surprise if we had wolf versus wolf yesterday. Of course, my feelings could be completely wrong...
Old 10-27-2009, 05:37 PM   #882
hoopsguy
General Manager

So do you learn more from lynching me relative to CW because I post more? If not, then why?
Old 10-27-2009, 05:38 PM   #883
The Jackal
Coordinator

There's a fine line to be drawn between voting for someone you think you'll learn the most from over voting for someone you think has the biggest chance to be a wolf. Careful there, that's not necessarily gonna help the village.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:47 PM   #884
The Jackal
Coordinator

Hmm. 3-way tie with PB on JAG and 4 of us left to vote.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:49 PM   #885
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
How are you reading this, EF?

On my computer, post by post.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:52 PM   #886
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Looking over things a bit now to see what I am missing, I have to be missing something.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:59 PM   #887
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Even though I sat down, had a few scooby snacks and thought about KWhit's odd behavior I just couldn't get myself to vote that way at the moment.

There is only one vote that makes sense to me at this time...

but I'm going to wait just a little while longer.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:07 PM   #888
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, hopefully back for a few minutes in about an hour ...
Old 10-27-2009, 06:12 PM   #889
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Any read on Lathum?

For some reason I had a better feel for him earlier. Now I look back over his votes and "they no look so good".
Old 10-27-2009, 06:15 PM   #890
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Looking at RA:

Quote:
I forgot to include day 2 in my look at RA, he votes NTN to make it 3-1 Abe over NTN. Preventing a runaway or giving Abe a shot?

As stated previously, I think that my Day 1 voting shouldn't be under question. I've explained myself (almost) ad nauseum. However, if you look at my Day 1 and Day 2 votes combined, then I think you have something there. All that being said, I still believed on Day 2 that Abe was okay and that going in that direction wasn't the wisest thing.

Sometimes when you're playing the game you can be wrong, you know?

(Then again, I was wrong on at least one vote of two so what do I know...)
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:17 PM   #891
The Jackal
Coordinator

RA, I know you've explained how you viewed your votes, but we get to make our own judgements, as well.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:18 PM   #892
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm going to have to log for the night soon. I don't have a great feeling about voting for hoops, so I will move my vote to ntn. This may lynch me tomorrow (or tonight for all I know), but I've voted for him Day 1, 2, and now 3.

UNVOTE HOOPSGUY
VOTE NTNDEACON
Old 10-27-2009, 06:19 PM   #893
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Any read on Lathum?

For some reason I had a better feel for him earlier. Now I look back over his votes and "they no look so good".

Day 1 is tough, lots of movement. CR/EF/CR early, then votes Abe to bring it to 6-5 PB over Abe, then switched to Danny and leaves it there until the end. Then places the first vote on Abe day 2. I think that's enough to give him a pass for today, but we can take another look later.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:20 PM   #894
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
RA, I know you've explained how you viewed your votes, but we get to make our own judgements, as well.

Yeah, I know. Long day today at work and I had to hold off an email reply to someone today who pissed me off.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:23 PM   #895
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'll move both to avoid a joke and to make my vote relevant.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:25 PM   #896
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

joke should have been followed with "of a tie"
Old 10-27-2009, 06:30 PM   #897
KWhit
Coordinator

I don't understand why you guys are voting for Coffee Warlord. I was voting for him yesterday when I thought Abe was a villager, but today it doesn't make sense, IMO. He put a vote on Abe to tie it with PB at 6 votes each on day one. That is enough right there to give him a pass for today, IMO.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:32 PM   #898
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I don't understand why you guys are voting for Coffee Warlord. I was voting for him yesterday when I thought Abe was a villager, but today it doesn't make sense, IMO. He put a vote on Abe to tie it with PB at 6 votes each on day one. That is enough right there to give him a pass for today, IMO.

I agree. I won't be voting for CW today.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:32 PM   #899
KWhit
Coordinator

I also think that Hoops' day 2 vote for Abe that tied it up makes him a less than ideal candidate tonight.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:34 PM   #900
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I also think that Hoops' day 2 vote for Abe that tied it up makes him a less than ideal candidate tonight.

You have to imagine there was a wolf on Abe somewhere in there, but I agree, it's making me lean away from Hoops.

Which really leaves us with NTN, and I do think it's very possible we were wolf v wolf yesterday, and we would learn a fair amount by knowing what side NTN is on. I may be leaning in that direction.