Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-02-2007, 08:30 PM   #851
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
So, Barkeep, Chief Rum, Swaggs, NTNDeacon, BrianD, Path12, Hoopsguy& Mr W have not said any roles but, BrianD outed Kwhit, Hoopsguy was asleep when Kwhit was converted (and so was Tyrith so, couldn't be Hoopsguy), DT Vouches for Chief Rum, Barkeep was blocked so.. if we are to believe everyone's role at this time that leaves...

Swaggs, NTN, Path12, MrW...

did it just not matter that I vouched for path? he has a role and I have seen it used in my dreams.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:32 PM   #852
path12
Coordinator

It makes me a little nervous that this role speculation always leads towards Mr. W. Seems too easy.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:34 PM   #853
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

so we're down to Mr. W then if that's the case. Seems very easy...
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:36 PM   #854
hoopsguy
General Manager

Path, for what it is worth we should have a better idea tomorrow on MrW.

If Lathum sleeps him he won't be able to convert. The remaining Shadow would be living very dangerously to think about converting MrW. So if he is around tomorrow he would probably move close to the front of the list in terms of trust. Or at least that is how I view it if we have two Shadow tomorrow and no good leads. Hopefully we don't find ourselves in that spot ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:38 PM   #855
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
So, Barkeep, Chief Rum, Swaggs, NTNDeacon, BrianD, Path12, Hoopsguy& Mr W have not said any roles but, BrianD outed Kwhit, Hoopsguy was asleep when Kwhit was converted (and so was Tyrith so, couldn't be Hoopsguy), DT Vouches for Chief Rum, Barkeep was blocked so.. if we are to believe everyone's role at this time that leaves...

Swaggs, NTN, Path12, MrW...

As I have said, I am the Wizard.

And, I can prove it by turning over a member of the Sun, because I found one last night with my night action.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:42 PM   #856
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I still plan on hexing Mr. Wednesday tonight.

I'm not sure where I will be sleeping
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:47 PM   #857
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am the warlock, btw. Duh.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:51 PM   #858
path12
Coordinator

Then we shall see what tomorrow brings. My night actions are in.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:58 PM   #859
Tyrith
College Starter

For the record, I'm mailing it in from here on out. I'll vote with hoops unless people scream at me not to, likely.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:08 PM   #860
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Warlock - 8) Lathum
Alchemist - 18) SnDvls
Diabolist - 13) DaddyTorgo
Ritualist - 7) Kwhit
Spiritmaster - 1) Mustang
Researcher - 4) Joe
Sorceror - 15) Tyrith
Summoner - 14) ImTheCrew
Augur - 10) Schmidty
Theurgist - 17) Alan T
Witch - 3) ntndeacon
Wizard - 5) Swaggs

Enchanter -
Craft Mage -
Elementalist -
Medium -
Artificer -
Signifier -

2) BrianD
6) Barkeep49
9) Chief Rum
11) Mr. Wednesday
12) hoopsguy
16) Path12
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:11 PM   #861
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Well Lathum is taking the #1 suspect tonight, I'm trying to figure out who to go for as well. It won't be Barkeep as I know first hand I blocked him last night. BrianD is living off of his reveal of Kwhit and thats it. Ntn is pretty adament about Path's innocence. DaddyTorgo is fairly strong about Chief Rum, Hoopsguy was asleep on night 1 when Tyrith was also asleep...

So if its not Mr.W then someone's off on their trust of someone else.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:15 PM   #862
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

we should make sure we have Mr. W blocked then so he can't convert (if someone can do that type of thing). So that we don't end up with another person converted.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:21 PM   #863
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
we should make sure we have Mr. W blocked then so he can't convert (if someone can do that type of thing). So that we don't end up with another person converted.

umm. I already sent in the order to put him to sleep.

am I missing something?
Old 05-02-2007, 09:26 PM   #864
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I think if Mr. W is lying about being the sorcerer
I've never claimed to be the sorceror. In fact, aside from confirming that I do have a magic role, I've refused to reveal what it is, or what I've been doing with it.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:30 PM   #865
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
No, night 1 we both targeted KWhit. Which was a mistake, in retrospect, but at the time I was thinking that 50 percent wasn't a sure conversion, and we wanted to concentrate to make sure we got someone.

How was it a mistake? I mean, it obviously would have been better if you'd chosen to target someone else, but the real problem (from the Shadow point of view) is that KWhit was nailed immediately — you weren't going to get more than one conversion under any circumstances.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:40 PM   #866
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm on that list. Looking at that list I'm somewhat hesitant to reveal when it feels like the two seer roles are there. If I reveal my role it seems to give the Shadow a better chance of getting one of those roles. If people feel strongly in my doing a role reveal, I will, but I'd really rather not.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:50 PM   #867
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

sorry lathum. Just making sure it's done, that's all.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:55 PM   #868
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I wouldn't think it'd matter at this point barkeep.

tyrith said the last shadow was the artificer, right? So we know that. And we have a pretty good idea of most people's roles. If we don't block the last shadow and get him tomorrow and he fails to convert then I think we do it since we can have him on the block. If he gets a conversion it's a bit murkier but probably still a good play, as it wouldn't hurt.

But a lot of people have abilities or tools that can discover roles. So we could still hit on it that way
Old 05-02-2007, 09:59 PM   #869
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Just to make sure we're all on the same page:

I'm blocking CR, Lathum is blocking Mr. W, right? Who is Alan blocking?
Old 05-02-2007, 10:00 PM   #870
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Well Lathum is taking the #1 suspect tonight, I'm trying to figure out who to go for as well. It won't be Barkeep as I know first hand I blocked him last night. BrianD is living off of his reveal of Kwhit and thats it. Ntn is pretty adament about Path's innocence. DaddyTorgo is fairly strong about Chief Rum, Hoopsguy was asleep on night 1 when Tyrith was also asleep...

So if its not Mr.W then someone's off on their trust of someone else.

I am not the artificer. I'll say it again tomorrow during the day if anyone the signifier wants to verify that statement.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:05 PM   #871
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm not the Artificer. Swaggs would have had the opportunity to out me as that if it was my role. He has stated that I do not hold one of the two Cult roles that are sympathetic to the Shadow.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:10 PM   #872
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

The person who knows my role would reveal me if I were the artificer.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:12 PM   #873
hoopsguy
General Manager

Barkeep, coming back to your point on the "role for good" not in the game - any more to say on this point? Has the role you referenced been claimed by someone?
Old 05-02-2007, 10:14 PM   #874
hoopsguy
General Manager

Tyrith, can you provide some insight on your role?

1. What power did you have as Sorcerer?
2. How was it enhanced by being with Shadow?
3. Were you the original Shadow or the 2nd one?
4. How much communication did you do with the other Shadow via the secured channel? Based on that communication were you able to make any guesses as to who the player might be?
Old 05-02-2007, 10:14 PM   #875
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Barkeep, coming back to your point on the "role for good" not in the game - any more to say on this point? Has the role you referenced been claimed by someone?
Definite follow up but I'd like to see how tonight shakes out before commenting. The conditions might be right for me to explain more about this tomorrow.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:17 PM   #876
hoopsguy
General Manager

Will do on commenting tomorrow, although a conversion tonight upsets the trust apple cart a fair amount. If it is anything that could help with this evening I would encourage talking about it earlier rather than later. But it is your role, your knowledge, and as such I won't push too hard on this point.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:20 PM   #877
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Will do on commenting tomorrow, although a conversion tonight upsets the trust apple cart a fair amount. If it is anything that could help with this evening I would encourage talking about it earlier rather than later. But it is your role, your knowledge, and as such I won't push too hard on this point.
Understood, though my information isn't changing, though of course your trust in me to present it might.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:08 AM   #878
Peregrine
Pro Starter

The night passes peacefully for the most part, with many of you sleeping in the same room. There are no major disturbances during the night.

When you wake, the Seer informs you that the Shadow Count is 1.

Also, because a couple of people asked, everyone slept in the Ritual Room except the following players - Joe, Chief Rum, Swaggs, Lathum, Barkeep49, and Schmidty.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:40 AM   #879
path12
Coordinator

We will find a shadow tonight.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:11 AM   #880
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

What happens when your magic role is blocked? Because I think mine was last night, and wanted to confirm. I guess that would confirm what BK said he could do, although I wish he had switched to someone less vouched. My role helps the cultists, and I couldn't use it last night.

But that might also be for other reasons I am not aware.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 04:17 AM   #881
Peregrine
Pro Starter

If you role is blocked, and you try to use it, you'll be notify that something is blocking you.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:22 AM   #882
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
If you role is blocked, and you try to use it, you'll be notify that something is blocking you.

Thanks. How weird then.

Theory #2. My target has a way of avoiding me. I will have to review the roles to see if there is a fit.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:26 AM   #883
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Another question. Would I know if a potion or item was used on me?

If not, then I have a guess what happened, although it runs contrary with what I believe this person said he would do tonight. I will have to review his posts to be sure.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:41 AM   #884
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

For the record, I ended up blocking Hoopsguy last night with my power. I also used my one time per game ability to search through Mr.W's stuff but found nothing. I also obviously slept in the ritual room.

I'm assuming that Lathum's blocking Mr.W is what kept our count at 1.. Can anyone confirm he's our guy?
Old 05-03-2007, 05:22 AM   #885
Joe
Pro Starter

Last night I searched for the triune pyramid, but was unsuccessful.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 06:30 AM   #886
hoopsguy
General Manager

Since we are still at one Shadow today, I'm comfortable talking about my role and why Chief may have had some difficulties acting on me.

I'm the Elementalist. That whole ability to move between rock and stone means that I'm not the easiest guy to target with actions, as is noted in the role description about being able to avoid the Ritualist. I took an action last night to search the Kitchen, but slept in the Ritual Room (as noted already by Peregrine). Those actions are consistent with what I have done every night so far - I have searched the Kitchen - although last night was my first time sleeping in the Ritual Room.

I also observed someone acting against Mr. Wednesday and struggled to identify them, but believe (not 100% certain) it was Alan T.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:32 AM   #887
hoopsguy
General Manager

Never mind, re-read of posts show that Alan acted against me, not Mr. W.

So I don't have anything to tell Chief about his experience. But I did not receive any notification that Alan blocked my power. As Elementalist, I don't really have a power, except freedom of movement. Alan, did you get any kind of notice that you successfully blocked me?
Old 05-03-2007, 06:34 AM   #888
hoopsguy
General Manager

Argh - re-post one more time.

Quote:
Never mind, re-read of posts show that Alan acted against me, not CHIEF RUM.

So I don't have anything to tell Chief about his experience
Old 05-03-2007, 06:47 AM   #889
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Never mind, re-read of posts show that Alan acted against me, not Mr. W.

So I don't have anything to tell Chief about his experience. But I did not receive any notification that Alan blocked my power. As Elementalist, I don't really have a power, except freedom of movement. Alan, did you get any kind of notice that you successfully blocked me?

Just like yesterday I am told that I use my power to block you. It doesn't tell me anything of the effect or results, just that I use it for that. Also your comment about observing someone acting against Mr.W, I already stated that I used my once per game ability to do both my role + a mundane action to also search Mr.W while he slept. He didn't have anything on him that I found however. So if you saw that, it probably was me searching him while he slept soundly.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:47 AM   #890
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Those actions are consistent with what I have done every night so far - I have searched the Kitchen

What are you looking for.. Pizza?
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 06:48 AM   #891
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Hoops, how do you know that Chief tried to use his role against you last night? I didn't see him say that in his posts.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:49 AM   #892
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Other than a good nights sleep, nothing odd happened for me last night.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 05-03-2007, 06:50 AM   #893
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Something I would love to understand better today is what Barkeep meant that one of the better roles wasn't in the game. So far I don't see anything to steer us away from the 18 people = 18 roles listed
Old 05-03-2007, 06:51 AM   #894
hoopsguy
General Manager

I misread the poster - he had two in a row and then you said that you used your role against me. I thought it was a third Chief post in a row, then saw it was you who posted that.

Based on my PM, I had zero knowledge of people trying to use a role against me. So I was not told that my role was blocked, as Peregrine indicated in replying to Chief Rum. That was my state of mind when replying initially, then I re-read the posts and realized it was you who set out to use their role on me, not Chief Rum. Posting hilarity/stupidity ensued.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:51 AM   #895
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Other than a good nights sleep, nothing odd happened for me last night.

You used your protection of the room like you said right? Did you not have any information from stuff that occured within it? I was under the impression you had a higher chance of spotting it while protecting the room?
Old 05-03-2007, 06:53 AM   #896
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
What are you looking for.. Pizza?

Just figured it was a room that was less likely to have competition searching for items. I don't know how the mechanic works, but if there is only one item per room per night or something like that I figured it would be better to limit the competition when searching. And the Kitchen seemed like the least likely room to search out of those listed, so I've searched it every night.

No Potion of Deep Dish to report
Old 05-03-2007, 06:58 AM   #897
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
You used your protection of the room like you said right? Did you not have any information from stuff that occured within it? I was under the impression you had a higher chance of spotting it while protecting the room?

Yes, I did use my role and there was nothing else that happened or anything that I noticed.

(I'm not sure if the protection helps everyone notice things better or just me though)
Old 05-03-2007, 07:01 AM   #898
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes, I did use my role and there was nothing else that happened or anything that I noticed.

(I'm not sure if the protection helps everyone notice things better or just me though)

Didn't help me notice anything different. As with every other day thus far, I haven't been given any info in my PM other than basically repeating what my request that I sent in was. So I'm pretty oblivious to everything going on around me I guess.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:03 AM   #899
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Just to clarify any confusion, the blocking ability will block someone's magical role and they will be notified if they use it, but if they didn't use their magical role they won't know that anything happened out of the ordinary.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:05 AM   #900
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Just to clarify any confusion, the blocking ability will block someone's magical role and they will be notified if they use it, but if they didn't use their magical role they won't know that anything happened out of the ordinary.

Based on this then I would guess your role isn't very magical Hoops!

Its really ok being inferior, we won't judge you for it!