Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-08-2009, 03:03 PM   #901
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Clap is the only one that has pinged my wolfdar out of that list. Purdue I could see voting for just to get some clarity on yesterday's vote, though NTN's up and down seems more suspicious, I mean to go back and look at that voting record.

The ntn second run is not as interesting to me once Tyrith was killed, since I think he was the one that started it back up......but that's just my recollection.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:04 PM   #902
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
i just sent you a PM alan.

I'd be a litle wary about making those announcements. Seems likely the wolves could have a wiretap type role themselves.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:04 PM   #903
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

last time clap was so fast-n-loose he was a villager, right?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:04 PM   #904
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'd be a litle wary about making those announcements. Seems likely the wolves could have a wiretap type role themselves.

good point. there wasn't really anything in it that they wouldn't know though.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:06 PM   #905
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
good point. there wasn't really anything in it that they wouldn't know though.

I'm just thinking for the future mostly. I can't imagine they'd use something like that this early.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:08 PM   #906
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Agreed. I think it's likely they do, based on the one season of the show I've seen.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:12 PM   #907
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD, post 205
Somebody help me out with this. There are 4 characters listed in post 1 under the heading of "conspirator". Does this just mean that they were conspirators on the show and not necessarily in this game? I can see where anyone in CTU or in the government could really be a conspirator, but in this game, is it possible that people listed as conspirators could really be good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD, post 218
That's cool, now I know not to assume any absolutes. If I see a Habib Marwan come out in the game, I know I can be suspicious but shouldn't be absolutely sure he is bad. That gives me what I was looking for. Thanks.

The last one was the big one. My hunch was that he was Habib Marwan and was evil, and he wanted to find out whether or not he could reveal as himself or if he needed to use one of the roles he knew wasn't in the game. Obviously, he's not Habib, but it probably makes more sense that he wouldn't choose the exact conspirator he is, anyway.

Comparing that to JAG, who was Habib Marwan and was good:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG, post 219
I get the feeling people are making this too difficult.

The faction of the players, with the exception of Jack Bauer, is not predicated on the actions on the television show.

To me that reads that no matter whether a character was 'good' or 'bad' on the show, does not impact whether they are 'good' or 'bad' in this game. Kim Bauer might be the head of the Conspirators (maybe she'll be that in next season's 24 too), Habib Marwan might work for the Government for a pardon. Make up whatever backstory you want, but other than Jack, any other role is fair game for a good, neutral, or evil role.

As a "TV Show villain" who was good, he seems a lot more sure of himself about how it works. I know Brian explained his votes this morning, but because of my hunch here, I've been taking that explanation with a grain of salt.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:14 PM   #908
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
considering your the only who has given any indication that i should.... and im convinced your a wolf... why the hell would i reveal?

if DT sez its a good idea i will..... its not like im the seer or anythign!

He actually has -- check post 768.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:14 PM   #909
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I type my PMs fully in Swahili. So they'll have to translate as well.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:15 PM   #910
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

yeah - JAG came out to me right away as Habib and said "listen i know you might think i'm bad and screwing with you, but hear me out" and actually wrote me probably the longest "this is who i am" PM of anyone.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:16 PM   #911
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post

hmmm - not a bad idea. google-translater and establish a language to use with each person

*paranoia running wild*
Old 07-08-2009, 03:16 PM   #912
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
He actually has -- check post 768.

Uh.... i dont know how to do multi quotes... but its clearly not what he said in 768

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:17 PM   #913
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
yeah - JAG came out to me right away as Habib and said "listen i know you might think i'm bad and screwing with you, but hear me out" and actually wrote me probably the longest "this is who i am" PM of anyone.

Longer than mine?

I need to work harder at this whole thing.

Old 07-08-2009, 03:21 PM   #914
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

alan - definately not the role you suggested, so toss that out. haven't gotten confirmation from others that it's possible at all.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:21 PM   #915
Autumn
Head Coach

This is what I saw of the NTN up and down swings.

Put NTN Up
Alan
Kwhit
Kingfc
Nfg22
Thomkal

Put NTN Down
DT
Alan
NFG22
path

Put NTN Up
Tyirth
Purdue
Schmidty

If this all means something I think it would mean that NTN was a wolf that they unsuccessfully tried to keep out of the voting. In that context the vote that interests me most is NFG22, who comes off of NTN and quickly puts a vote on KWhit, KWhit's second vote, introducing him as a viable candidate. He jumped on to NTN in the first place as the 8th vote at which point it may have looked like a runaway, and then jumped off soon after DT and Alan did, which gives him some cover.

It's not a whole lot, but it's the best I can get so far out of the record, which is a mess. I'm going to follow it with a vote because I feel like we need some voting action, but I may change.

VOTE NFG22
Old 07-08-2009, 03:21 PM   #916
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

oh, and happy anniversary Alan!
Old 07-08-2009, 03:22 PM   #917
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
DT, can I ask what kind of read you have on clap? I'm thinking that I would have a lot more trust in him if he revealed his role and tell us he's good in the thread, then had you confirm that that's what he told you. But if you don't think that's a good idea, or have a better idea, that's cool with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
Sounds good to me!

He's been pinging my wolfdar since yesterday, as I mentioned, he was one of the 3...now he's one of the 2 left from that intial "pinging"

There you go, clap. I don't know how you can say he's not saying he would like you to reveal also. But since he's in the thread, I'm sure he can confirm it for us.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:23 PM   #918
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post

Sure, plenty of clicks! nyuk nyuk nyuk
Old 07-08-2009, 03:23 PM   #919
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

VOTE CLAPHAMSA
Old 07-08-2009, 03:23 PM   #920
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

vote Chief Rum

Something just wasn't right about yesteryday/night. Of course I may still be stinging from the pain.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:23 PM   #921
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sure, plenty of clicks! nyuk nyuk nyuk

that's Bushman - and it's awesome!
Old 07-08-2009, 03:24 PM   #922
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
vote Chief Rum

Something just wasn't right about yesteryday/night. Of course I may still be stinging from the pain.

if anybody's stinging from the pain it'd be CR
Old 07-08-2009, 03:25 PM   #923
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
The last one was the big one. My hunch was that he was Habib Marwan and was evil, and he wanted to find out whether or not he could reveal as himself or if he needed to use one of the roles he knew wasn't in the game. Obviously, he's not Habib, but it probably makes more sense that he wouldn't choose the exact conspirator he is, anyway.

Comparing that to JAG, who was Habib Marwan and was good:

As a "TV Show villain" who was good, he seems a lot more sure of himself about how it works. I know Brian explained his votes this morning, but because of my hunch here, I've been taking that explanation with a grain of salt.

This is actually pretty decent logic. Of course you overlooked the possibility that I have a character who was good on the show and thus had no clue about how the "bad looking character" mechanic worked.

But go ahead and take my explanation with a grain of salt. While I think it is wrong to distrust me, I've really given no reason for you to trust me either. I fully admit that I'm no better than an "unknown" at this point.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:26 PM   #924
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post

While I think it is wrong to distrust me, I've really given no reason for you to trust me either. I fully admit that I'm no better than an "unknown" at this point.

+1
Old 07-08-2009, 03:28 PM   #925
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
This is actually pretty decent logic. Of course you overlooked the possibility that I have a character who was good on the show and thus had no clue about how the "bad looking character" mechanic worked.

But go ahead and take my explanation with a grain of salt. While I think it is wrong to distrust me, I've really given no reason for you to trust me either. I fully admit that I'm no better than an "unknown" at this point.

I wouldn't say I overlooked it -- it's just a hunch after all. I wasn't even going to mention it today until DT specifically asked. Well, I might have, if things had turned out differently with clap.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:28 PM   #926
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
oh, and happy anniversary Alan!

Thanks! Because of a huge work project I'm on, we technically celebrated two weekends ago. But going to try to at least do a small dinner somewhere tonight.

Old 07-08-2009, 03:29 PM   #927
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I don't suppose you'd entertain "Vote BrianD" as a suggesion would you? You're in that "pre-DT KWhit voters" grouping.

well as far as suggestions there's the 2 other people i was considering yesterday.

logic in my head says to treat it like a typical double-reveal, you lynch one and then if that's the wrong one you lynch the other and you have a wolf. but alan pointed out in his PM to me that that might not necessarily be the best course of action. there's also this "i'm looking for other computer people. we can combine our efforts and make a super-power" that somebody said to me, when i've had no other computer-folks tell me that they had such ability.

That wouldn't be my first suggestion. After missing your "The Jackal isn't a good place for a vote" clue, and your question about programmers actually being an in-game question, I was just excited to catch your "the vote for KWhit is NOT a bad vote" clue, and I jumped on it. You may say I am a pre-DT vote on KWhit, but I had assumed your comment was as good as a vote.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 07-08-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:31 PM   #928
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
if anybody's stinging from the pain it'd be CR

Sorry Jack but your daughter was into some kinky stuff in that cabin yesterday...

Old 07-08-2009, 03:31 PM   #929
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

For the record, I'm heading out for dinner and drinks before 5:00CDT. I'm not sure if I'll be back by the time the lynch happens. I'm still willing to change my vote between now and then.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:31 PM   #930
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
vote Chief Rum

I'm not following. Do you mean something that happened in thread, or something about your disappearance?
Old 07-08-2009, 03:31 PM   #931
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I don't know if I see necessarily eye to eye with DT regarding what Claphamsa is doing with his actions in the thread thus far, but I think he is a decent vote choice. At best, he has been difficult towards many today and at worst he is acting this way to try to cover something up perhaps.

Based on limited information to go on, I'll go and vote for him as well just to see how it plays out at least. I can always change my vote later if I want to. (Even though I'm leaving in about 30-40 minutes for a few hours)

Vote Claphamsa

Old 07-08-2009, 03:32 PM   #932
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I wouldn't say I overlooked it -- it's just a hunch after all. I wasn't even going to mention it today until DT specifically asked. Well, I might have, if things had turned out differently with clap.

Fair enough, I just wanted to point it out in case anyone else read your post and overlooked it.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:34 PM   #933
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm not following. Do you mean something that happened in thread, or something about your disappearance?

Reading along last night something struck me as odd about his vote when he made it. Since that time I have been given no reason to not suspect him.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:35 PM   #934
Autumn
Head Coach

Clap certainly is acting squirrely, though I don't quite understand why or what it means. From your comment Alan I take it that there's some implication to it that DT understands.

I'm inclined to follow DT's vote but trying to resist jumping too quick, we see how that worked.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:35 PM   #935
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That wouldn't be my first suggestion. After missing your "The Jackal isn't a good place for a vote" clue, and your question about programmers actually being an in-game question, I was just excited to catch your "the vote for KWhit is NOT a bad vote" clue, and I jumped on it. You may say I am a pre-DT vote on KWhit, but I had assumed your comment was as good as a vote.

fair enough
Old 07-08-2009, 03:38 PM   #936
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Clap certainly is acting squirrely, though I don't quite understand why or what it means. From your comment Alan I take it that there's some implication to it that DT understands.

I'm inclined to follow DT's vote but trying to resist jumping too quick, we see how that worked.

I don't want to speak for DT, but I don't have any problem speaking for myself. I play alot on gut feelings, but can't do as well with that when I'm busier and have a harder time following along (like I am this week due to work). Still, I have gut feelings at times, and as such my interpretation of why Claphamsa is behaving the way he is (or a possibility at least) that I presented to DT in private and have no intention of sharing here is one that he doesn't think is likely. Keep in mind though that DT and I often are on different pages in regards to my gut feels about things, so don't take too much salt on that.

I'm simply saying that I think I likely have a different reason for voting Clap then DT does.. but either way I fully encourage others to vote with a reason either for him or someone else.

Old 07-08-2009, 03:38 PM   #937
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

yes - please don't all blindly follow me. i'll try to guide you away from bad choices.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:39 PM   #938
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

alan - i think we're pretty often on vastly different pages with regard to gut feelings
Old 07-08-2009, 03:40 PM   #939
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
For the record, I'm heading out for dinner and drinks before 5:00CDT. I'm not sure if I'll be back by the time the lynch happens. I'm still willing to change my vote between now and then.

your vote is where now? nfg?
Old 07-08-2009, 03:41 PM   #940
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
alan - i think we're pretty often on vastly different pages with regard to gut feelings

to claim otherwise would be understating it. but we can be good sounding boards for each other cuz of that.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:41 PM   #941
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I still think Clap was being awfully loud when he really had no reason to be so loud. I'm hesitant to vote against DT, but Clap just seems to be too out in the open to be bad. Then again, if DT and Alan have two separate reasons for not trusting Clap, I might be missing something.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:42 PM   #942
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
your vote is where now? nfg?

My vote is currently on Telle.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:44 PM   #943
saldana
Pro Starter

so work exploded about 10 minutes before i had to leave the office, and i havent really had time to catch up past mid afternoon, so apologies if missed something important.

i am going to vote for the sake of making sure i am on the record with soemthing....i voted for jackal yesterday for the sake of having someone to vote for, but i didnt really like the way he responded to that...i thought he was overly defensive, yeah the reason i voted him was dumb, but it was day one and i thought he was a little over angry.

vote the jackal
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:46 PM   #944
Autumn
Head Coach

Crikey, what a mess. Well, I think we have a lot of possible candidates. Clap struck me this morning as desperately trying to get out of DT's radar. I agree, Brian, he was a litlte loud about it, but he may have thought he had no choice. I'm going to do this for now.

UNVOTE NFG22
VOTE CLAPHAMSA
Old 07-08-2009, 03:51 PM   #945
kingfc22
Head Coach

I'm not getting any good reads on anyone at the moment, but just to see what happens...

I'm going to Vote NFG22

FYI - I'll be pretty quiet today due to a death in my fiancee's family. I have to bring her to the airport a little later.

Expect to see more of me tomorrow for sure.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:52 PM   #946
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
I'm not getting any good reads on anyone at the moment, but just to see what happens...

I'm going to Vote NFG22

FYI - I'll be pretty quiet today due to a death in my fiancee's family. I have to bring her to the airport a little later.

Expect to see more of me tomorrow for sure.

ummm...yikes. sorry for your fiancee.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:53 PM   #947
Telle
College Starter

Well I have no idea where to go with my vote today and I'm leaving work shortly. I don't want to just keep following DT around, and clap already has a bit of a run on him. So let's try to keep a second candidate close.

vote Chief Rum
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:02 PM   #948
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

@person who just sent me a PM - will address later
Old 07-08-2009, 04:02 PM   #949
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Beep, beep, beep...
Old 07-08-2009, 04:02 PM   #950