General Manager

Path, not so much.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:43 PM   #902
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Well that was interesting. I'm for GE using his power. It serves two purposes, first it would help bolster his story (count me in the group that is frustrated with the five minute to lynch reveal), and secondly it allows Saldana to get three people in jail to choose from tomorrow. The cowboys will be two up on us after tonight assuming there is a kill, if we don't have anyone in jail to choose from tomorrow we give them another free pass and we end up three down.

No, no, no. It is likely technically impossible for saldana to jail two people tonight. And even if GE releases Lathum, what does that prove? To me, it means nothing. Keep it simple - release Lathum, jail somebody else, and start over in the morning. We may have some new info. We may be able to replace saldana with Lathum, putting a trusted villager in the role, instead of an unknown.

This is the simplest, easiest route, the one with the least amount of downside.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:44 PM   #903
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK, just got home from the movies and here are my thoughts...

I am glad GE didn't get lynched if he is telling the truth but a non lynch is always a good thing for the bad guys. I think we are at the usuall starting point in a WW game where everybody is innocent and the cowboys are probably laughing at us.

I think saldana should stay as sheriff for now, I am assuming whoever is our seer has scanned him so unless something new comes out I see no reason for him to not keep his post as sheriff.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:45 PM   #904
st.cronin
General Manager

I think a lot of us have some doubts about GE.

knives out
Old 10-10-2006, 10:47 PM   #905
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I say let GE escape if he can, release Lathum, and jail Chubby or SnDvls or somebody else who has been quiet.

I was quiet because (as I posted) I was at work all day. I voted no lynch before I went to to work, I wonder how that turned out

Heck, I'm still catching up on the reading.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:48 PM   #906
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK - jailing decisions. I think tonight may be the hardest night we will face with no kill today and no one tired yet.

I feel like I've put about 60% of the people in this game on some kind of a role or a relationship with someone in a role. For at least one day I would give those people a pass, while recognizing that the bad guys are looking to get themselves trusted and have likely faked something by now.

Racer and Chubby are two people that I haven't got any feel for at this point. Without meaningful voting records, lack of feel moves near the top of my list if I was calling the shots. I know we can only put one person in there since there was no lynch, but figured I would throw out a couple of names for discussion.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:51 PM   #907
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
No, no, no. It is likely technically impossible for saldana to jail two people tonight. And even if GE releases Lathum, what does that prove? To me, it means nothing. Keep it simple - release Lathum, jail somebody else, and start over in the morning. We may have some new info. We may be able to replace saldana with Lathum, putting a trusted villager in the role, instead of an unknown.

This is the simplest, easiest route, the one with the least amount of downside.

1) We don't know for sure if it is possible or not. You have speculated that Saldana can't jail two. Alan has hinted that actions happen in a random order. None of us know one way or the other.

2) If GE frees Lathum, who you trust, does it not follow that GE then gains some trust? Especially for those of us who are still struggling with his reveal.

3) What on earth has Saldana done to warrant replacement? He explained very well why he would choose not to jail a certain person that we were suspicious of. I don't have any problem with his choices to date.

4) I don't share the certainty about Lathum that you do. We have Anxiety and ntndeacon suspecting that he is good. While it is unlikely that they are all bad and putting themselves in a group this early, it does nothing more than move them up to a 'somewhat trusted' level......and one of them could very well be bad.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:51 PM   #908
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
OK - jailing decisions. I think tonight may be the hardest night we will face with no kill today and no one tired yet.

I feel like I've put about 60% of the people in this game on some kind of a role or a relationship with someone in a role. For at least one day I would give those people a pass, while recognizing that the bad guys are looking to get themselves trusted and have likely faked something by now.

Racer and Chubby are two people that I haven't got any feel for at this point. Without meaningful voting records, lack of feel moves near the top of my list if I was calling the shots. I know we can only put one person in there since there was no lynch, but figured I would throw out a couple of names for discussion.

My role isn't super important, but I'm useless in jail.

I will be tired tomorrow too for the record. Just as I'm useless in jail, I'm not helpful at all unless I perform my night action.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:57 PM   #909
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I will not be tired tomorrow as people seemed to feel it was suspicious and I will respect the opinions that were offered.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:59 PM   #910
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
1) We don't know for sure if it is possible or not. You have speculated that Saldana can't jail two. Alan has hinted that actions happen in a random order. None of us know one way or the other.

2) If GE frees Lathum, who you trust, does it not follow that GE then gains some trust? Especially for those of us who are still struggling with his reveal.

3) What on earth has Saldana done to warrant replacement? He explained very well why he would choose not to jail a certain person that we were suspicious of. I don't have any problem with his choices to date.

4) I don't share the certainty about Lathum that you do. We have Anxiety and ntndeacon suspecting that he is good. While it is unlikely that they are all bad and putting themselves in a group this early, it does nothing more than move them up to a 'somewhat trusted' level......and one of them could very well be bad.

1. Why risk having saldana lose a night action? Sure, I'm speculating, but unless AlanT comes in and clears this up, it makes the most sense to me for the sherriff to act like nobody is going to be released unless he does it himself.

2. If GE frees Lathum, that will prove nothing at all to me. The choice we're giving him is, free Lathum, or we lynch you. If he's bad and can free Lathum, of course he's going to free Lathum.

3./4. Lathum is only moderately trusted by me as well, but that's a higher level of trust than I have developed for saldana. Saldana hasn't done anything either to earn my trust or distrust. I'd rather have somebody slightly trusted, even if only slightly trusted. It doesn't cost us anything to elect a new sherriff. Why wouldn't you want somebody who is more trusted?

knives out
Old 10-10-2006, 11:01 PM   #911
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'll let you guys wait and see if I'm tired or not - no need to tip my hand here
Old 10-10-2006, 11:04 PM   #912
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I'm having a really hard time believing GE. Am I alone in that?

No you are not.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:04 PM   #913
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'll let you guys wait and see if I'm tired or not - no need to tip my hand here

Why? Whatcha hiding?
Old 10-10-2006, 11:06 PM   #914
hoopsguy
General Manager

Information that I don't think helps our cause to reveal. Why tell people I've got a power that has me out at night beforehand?
Old 10-10-2006, 11:07 PM   #915
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Information that I don't think helps our cause to reveal. Why tell people I've got a power that has me out at night beforehand?

At least some people got useful things to do :/
Old 10-10-2006, 11:08 PM   #916
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
My role isn't super important, but I'm useless in jail.

I will be tired tomorrow too for the record. Just as I'm useless in jail, I'm not helpful at all unless I perform my night action.

I find this post worrying.

knives out
Old 10-10-2006, 11:10 PM   #917
path12
Coordinator

Cronin, I see your points. I don't think we're that far apart but we can agree to disagree on the issue.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:11 PM   #918
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
At least some people got useful things to do :/

Your night action isn't useful? Then why tire yourself?
Old 10-10-2006, 11:12 PM   #919
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I find this post worrying.

I agree, seems like a "see I said I was gonna be tired"
Old 10-10-2006, 11:13 PM   #920
st.cronin
General Manager

If somebody turns up tired, they should just tell us why they're tired that day. Telling us ahead of time stinks.

knives out
Old 10-10-2006, 11:22 PM   #921
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I definitely agree there are people in Tombstone who have proven themselves to be a villager more then I have. Nonetheless, I am not sure what I have done to raise your suspicion. I am a villager, but I understand if you are slightly hesistant to believe me since I have nothing to prove I am a villager at this point other then what I have said in my previous posts. I personally think that Saldana should jail Splene tonight as I believe his posts suggest his allegiance may be with Cowboys more then anyone else's posts.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:22 PM   #922
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Why should I release Lathum? People are already saying that it is not going to anything to clear me. In addition, if I release him saldana can just take all the credit for it and I will get lynched and the villagers will lose a valuable member.

I do not see how me releasing Lathum will do anything.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:26 PM   #923
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
Why should I release Lathum? People are already saying that it is not going to anything to clear me. In addition, if I release him saldana can just take all the credit for it and I will get lynched and the villagers will lose a valuable member.

If I were you, I would release myself. Regardless of what happens, you're likely to be a lynch candidate tomorrow if you're still in jail.

knives out
Old 10-10-2006, 11:29 PM   #924
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post

Well, for one it would prove that you were not fibbing about having that power. It may not validate that you are allied with the town, but it would likely take you out of the negative column for now.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:29 PM   #925
hoopsguy
General Manager

Racer, I don't really know where to go. I think tomorrow the decisions will get easier as we will see some people show up as tired and have to sift through those actions. Once we get the ball rolling with lynches there will be votes to evaluate.

I've never played a game of WW with you - this is your first, right? So that is also making it harder for me to have an impression on you just yet. Suggesting you is more an aspect of not having a ton of people who haven't hinted/alluded to SOMETHING by now. If you have, then I've been dense.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:40 PM   #926
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I'm really not sure about this situation tonight. I'd like to see Lathum free, and I'm not sure who the sheriff v. sheriff pissing match has made me more suspicious of.

I'd certainly entertain the thought of a new sheriff. Saldana seems like he might be putting his personal agenda over that of the town, in his disagreement with GE at least.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:41 PM   #927
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
If I were you, I would release myself. Regardless of what happens, you're likely to be a lynch candidate tomorrow if you're still in jail.

He's still got my vote.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:42 PM   #928
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

This is where my thoughts have lead me as well. I don't think GE has earned my lynch vote yet, but it doesn't look like we'll have too many options.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:07 AM   #929
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Oh and my parting shot for the night. It has occurred to me that you shouldn't take anything for granted in WereWolf.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:19 AM   #930
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Your night action isn't useful? Then why tire yourself?

On the small chance it is useful for once.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:07 AM   #931
Fouts
College Starter

Just caught up. Interesting developments at the end of the day.

I'd like to recind my vote for jailing spleen, even if he was lying about not having a role.

I think GE should release either himself or Lathum, and allow saldana a chance to jail 2 people. I'm not sure how GE can override the sheriff, if he sat back and let the sheriff jail him for a possible lynching. Holding onto a power that regenerates doesn't make much sense to me.

I don't trust anyone that warns they might be tired. If you are risking being tired, expect to be called on it.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 01:59 AM   #932
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Wow, what a day. It took me more than an hour to read all of this, and I was utterly confused before Anxiety did his reveal. As you might think, I was unaware of any of those actions "I" was supposed to have participated in.

In fact, I didn't hear or see anything. I didn't even get a PM (but then I didn't do anything either, so what do you expect).

I don't think GE or Lathum should be lynched at this point, and I don't know if they, or who else, will be in jail tomorrow, as we won't know saldana's actions until the morning.

I will be out tonight. I have a feeling that information will come out tomorrow, but I won't be able to confirm or deny it (another all day at work with both jobs). So I thought I would put that out right now.

Hopefully I discover something useful, and it doesn't get me hanged.

Anyway, since I won't be here all day again, I will put my "three for jailing" as follows:

GE-- Too much of his actions have been iffy today. He may be right on about his role and what he can achieve, but I have a lot of issues with both his defensiveness, and the timing of his reveal. I would like to see another day of discussion on him before releasing him.

spleen-- I'm certain he has a role. I'm not so certain he's lying about not knowing, though. It could be he has a role that has not yet been revealed to him. Perhaps he is a ticking time bomb, susceptible to being turned to the cowboys at any time. If we put him in jail, we put more pressure on him to reveal more of what role he "isn't".

Grammaticus-- okay, I put him up yesterday, but I still say he is being way too quiet. His trip was yesterday, but he still wasn't around much today, and he is too much of a veteran to be this quiet. Seems to be a little too UTR for my tastes.

All right, folks, I am out again all day Wednesday. The good news is, tomorrow night is the last weekday night at my second job until next Tuesday, so I will be much more available for voting and discussions in the evening going forward from Thursday. If I am still alive, of course.

Good luck.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:11 AM   #933
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I'm off for the day without much to say untill we here about the night actions, I think we need to look hard at anyone who comes up tired today.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:45 AM   #934
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Wow, what a day. It took me more than an hour to read all of this, and I was utterly confused before Anxiety did his reveal. As you might think, I was unaware of any of those actions "I" was supposed to have participated in.

In fact, I didn't hear or see anything. I didn't even get a PM (but then I didn't do anything either, so what do you expect).

I don't think GE or Lathum should be lynched at this point, and I don't know if they, or who else, will be in jail tomorrow, as we won't know saldana's actions until the morning.

I will be out tonight. I have a feeling that information will come out tomorrow, but I won't be able to confirm or deny it (another all day at work with both jobs). So I thought I would put that out right now.

Hopefully I discover something useful, and it doesn't get me hanged.

Anyway, since I won't be here all day again, I will put my "three for jailing" as follows:

GE-- Too much of his actions have been iffy today. He may be right on about his role and what he can achieve, but I have a lot of issues with both his defensiveness, and the timing of his reveal. I would like to see another day of discussion on him before releasing him.

spleen-- I'm certain he has a role. I'm not so certain he's lying about not knowing, though. It could be he has a role that has not yet been revealed to him. Perhaps he is a ticking time bomb, susceptible to being turned to the cowboys at any time. If we put him in jail, we put more pressure on him to reveal more of what role he "isn't".

Grammaticus-- okay, I put him up yesterday, but I still say he is being way too quiet. His trip was yesterday, but he still wasn't around much today, and he is too much of a veteran to be this quiet. Seems to be a little too UTR for my tastes.

All right, folks, I am out again all day Wednesday. The good news is, tomorrow night is the last weekday night at my second job until next Tuesday, so I will be much more available for voting and discussions in the evening going forward from Thursday. If I am still alive, of course.

Good luck.

That is a bit odd that you didn't get a PM. I didn't do anything either last night and I still got a PM about me be awoken during the night by what may have been gunshots.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:53 AM   #935
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
That is a bit odd that you didn't get a PM. I didn't do anything either last night and I still got a PM about me be awoken during the night by what may have been gunshots.

I think that only those that lived in the section of town with Thomkal heard those shots. So if he did not go out and lived in a different part of town is Alan going to give them a pm? I don't know, but it is something to think about.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 08:01 AM   #936
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Deadline. Write up coming in about 10-12 min
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 08:22 AM   #937
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The day's lynch vote carried on normally at first, but then the shock of Goldeneagle being saved from the lynch by swaggs was the talk of the evening. Most everyone carried the conversation from the town square to the saloon for dinner and drinks. Many people stayed around a little longer than normal in the saloon with all the excitement, but eventually everyone headed home for the night.

You wake up in the morning, mostly refreshed and make your way to the center of the town to see what news occured during the evening. You see the jailhouse has new visitors, but otherwise it appears to have been a rather uneventful evening.

Tired players:
Chubby
Ntndeacon

Current Sheriff:
Saldana

Currently in Jail:
Swaggs

Deadline for Day3: 9:00pm EST Tuesday night. Your current sheriff is still alive, so a new sheriff is not needed. If you wish to elect a new sheriff, please do so by posting:

elect playername

Sheriff election is not mandatory as not voting confirms your desire to keep the current sheriff. For a new sheriff to be elected, they must receive more than 50% of the alive townspeople vote. (11 votes)

There is one valid players for lynch votes today, Swaggs. If you do not post any lynch vote, it is assumed you wish to lynch him. To lynch players please post as:

Lynch playername.

In order to lynch a player you must receive more than 50% of the alive townspeople's vote. (11 votes)
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 08:27 AM   #938
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Swaggs huh? Hmm. Have to think about that one.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:28 AM   #939
Barkeep49
Coordinator

No death, too. Hmm. So did someone block a kill or do we have to assume a conversion?
Old 10-11-2006, 08:40 AM   #940
Fouts
College Starter

So we lynch the mayor or nobody? Brilliant move.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:44 AM   #941
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
So we lynch the mayor or nobody? Brilliant move.

I would assume GE freed himself and saldana freed Lathum.

Swaggs has to be on the suspicion radar for saving GE like he did.

Has there been a Duke WW before?
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 08:49 AM   #942
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I would assume GE freed himself and saldana freed Lathum.

Swaggs has to be on the suspicion radar for saving GE like he did.

Has there been a Duke WW before?

No Duke WW that I recall. I would think saldana locked up swaggs to save him, but I was hoping he would lock up 2 people.

What are all these people with torches and pitchforks going to do?
Old 10-11-2006, 08:49 AM   #943
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Yes there has been a duke WW before. I agree with spleen how events went down, though I'm not sure Swaggs was the best choice. I am far more curious, frankly, about what happened lasat night, such as finding out if there was an attempted kill or if we have to assume conversion, than I am about thinking about whether or not to execute Swaggs at the moment.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:08 AM   #944
spleen1015
Coordinator

I think a conversion is more likely the outcome of last night than a blocked killing.

This is a reason why I think role reveals as early as they were was a bad idea. They probably converted someone extremely useful.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 09:13 AM   #945
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

After pondering GE's situation a bit more last night, I'm quite happy to see that he is out and about this morning.

With that being the case, I have pretty serious doubts about Swaggs being jailed. What is up with that Sal? It would be monumentally stupid for Swaggs to save a fellow cowboy in the manner he used on day two.

Oh and It's good to see you out and about this morning as well Lathum.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:14 AM   #946
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
No death, too. Hmm. So did someone block a kill or do we have to assume a conversion?

I didn;t get a message saying that killers came for me but instead only found who I was disguised as, so I can't confirm that they swung at me and missed.

Maybe they were targeting Swaggs who was enjailed? Or maybe BG blocked or converted. Too much info to draw one easy conclusion.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 09:16 AM   #947
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
After pondering GE's situation a bit more last night, I'm quite happy to see that he is out and about this morning.

With that being the case, I have pretty serious doubts about Swaggs being jailed. What is up with that Sal? It would be monumentally stupid for Swaggs to save a fellow cowboy in the manner he used on day two.

Oh and It's good to see you out and about this morning as well Lathum.

Agreed. A dying public WW is distanced from others in the pack so they can't be sniffed out easily. So, seriously, why Swaggs? Why only Swaggs?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 09:17 AM   #948
Swaggs
Coordinator

I hope and would like to think saldana locked me up to protect me, and to be honest, I don't mind staying in here, but I would obviously prefer being in here with someone else. He also chose to keep Golden Eagle.

Last night, after I was arrested and was sitting in the cell. Golden Eagle flashed a badge to the deputy and was released, so he is telling the truth about his powers, at least.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 09:20 AM   #949
Swaggs
Coordinator

I have to leave and won't be back until around 7:00 PM.

But again, saldana jaliled Golden Eagle and myself. Golden Eagle used his power to escape. I am fine being in prison, as I obviously have no useful night actions.

I hope the vote doesn't turn in my direction--at the least, GE should have me in his CoT--but if it does, I will be back to defend myself tonight.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:20 AM   #950
Swaggs
Coordinator

Also, if anyone can clear me, I would rather you not do it today.

I have my reasons.