Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-10-2007, 04:33 PM   #901
Ironhead
College Prospect

Alright, we need some captions on this photo.

"Mine mine mine mine mine mine!"

"Oh my god...is he having a breakout? Be cool, be cool...just look natural."

Last edited by Ironhead : 04-10-2007 at 04:33 PM.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:38 PM   #902
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

"God help us all. I'm the most accurate quarterback on the team."
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:50 PM   #903
RedKingGold
College Starter

If he's Ron Mexico, then I'm..........OH GOD!
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:09 PM   #904
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

my preciousssssssssssssss! No, no, bad Mexico is not gonna take you away from me, nooooooo, my preeeeccccciiiiiioooouusssssss!!!!

FM
Old 04-10-2007, 05:15 PM   #905
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
Alright, we need some captions on this photo.

"Uhhhh... yeah, they did let me take water bottle through security when I left Miami. Why do you ask?"
Old 04-10-2007, 05:32 PM   #906
DeToxRox
Head Coach

[quote=Ironhead;1438520]Alright, we need some captions on this photo.

So Mike, do you listen to Don Imus?
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:43 PM   #907
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
"God help us all. I'm the most accurate quarterback on the team."

Very nice.
Vinatieri for Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:36 AM   #908
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Detroit's back-up QB, Josh McCown, has requested to be traded. Apparently he no longer wants to be a back-up/4th wide receiver. He did not report to the team's OTA this week.

The most likely trading partner are the Raiders who are looking for a starting QB. That will be interesting, because if the Raiders get McCown they may be more likely to pass on Russel in the draft and grab Johnson, which could impact what the Lions can do in terms of trading down. Should be an interesting couple of weeks and first few picks of the draft.

Mike Williams did not report to the team's OTA either, which pretty much means the former #10 pick overall will be cut or traded sometime in the near future. Well done, Mr. Millen.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 04-11-2007 at 10:43 AM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:38 AM   #909
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I find it really really funny that it actually makes sense for Detroit to take a wide receiver with its high draft pick this year.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:50 AM   #910
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I find it really really funny that it actually makes sense for Detroit to take a wide receiver with its high draft pick this year.

Yeah, I mentioned this earlier this offseason. Calvin Johnson is almost universally recognized as the best prospect in the draft, and the Lions will likely decide not to take him, at least in part because they've blown so many 1st round wide receiver selections in the past.

There's learning from history, and then there's being a slave to it. I think passing on Calvin Johnson this year might be as dumb a move (or moreso) than Millen's previous drafts.

YMMV however.

[email protected]
TCY Golden Scribe Winner - Bear Goes Home

"The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out."
--Thomas B. Macaulay
beargrowlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:18 AM   #911
Swaggs
Coordinator

Equally interesting is that Josh McCown has not been able to win the starting QB job for two pretty down-trodden teams (Arizona and Detroit) but would justify passing up a potential franchise QB to the Raiders. Of course, it is the Raiders, so it is not much of a stretch.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:22 AM   #912
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by beargrowlz View Post
Yeah, I mentioned this earlier this offseason. Calvin Johnson is almost universally recognized as the best prospect in the draft, and the Lions will likely decide not to take him, at least in part because they've blown so many 1st round wide receiver selections in the past.

There's learning from history, and then there's being a slave to it. I think passing on Calvin Johnson this year might be as dumb a move (or moreso) than Millen's previous drafts.

YMMV however.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
The Lions are fucked either way on this whole Calvin Johnson thing. If they take him, it wont work out at all and they will be a laughing stock. If they trade down, Calvin Johnson will turn out to be one of the best WRs ever and the Lions will be made a laughing stock for trading down instead of picking him.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 04-11-2007, 03:03 PM   #913
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Detroit's back-up QB, Josh McCown, has requested to be traded. Apparently he no longer wants to be a back-up/4th wide receiver. He did not report to the team's OTA this week.

The most likely trading partner are the Raiders who are looking for a starting QB. That will be interesting, because if the Raiders get McCown they may be more likely to pass on Russel in the draft and grab Johnson, which could impact what the Lions can do in terms of trading down. Should be an interesting couple of weeks and first few picks of the draft.

Mike Williams did not report to the team's OTA either, which pretty much means the former #10 pick overall will be cut or traded sometime in the near future. Well done, Mr. Millen.

Here's an interesting counterpoint to the Raiders skipping Russell if they get McCown...

Quote:
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10117930

Some NFL people think the Raiders will draft Russell, others expect Oakland to take Georgia Tech wide receiver Calvin Johnson.

But some around the league believe that the Raiders pick at No. 1 could come down to whether Oakland is able to trade for or sign a veteran quarterback.

Already the team has pursued or expressed interest in, amongst others, veteran quarterbacks Jeff Garcia, Jake Plummer, Trent Green, David Carr and Josh McCown.

Landing McCown, which some think is a distinct possibility, would allow Oakland to draft and "red shirt" Russell, which many believe any team that drafts him will have to do. As the junior that Russell is, NFL personnel people believe that he will need at least a year of seasoning before he is ready to play. The prevailing feeling is that Russell is not ready now.

If Oakland can trade for McCown -- and discussions are expected to accelerate as the draft creeps closer -- then the Raiders would have a ready-made starter for next season and could begin grooming Russell for future seasons.

Trading McCown also could turn out to be a real boon for the Lions. They might be able to recoup a fifth-round pick, which would give Detroit a preposterous five -- five! -- fifth-round picks. Detroit already has its own fifth-round pick, one from Miami for Joey Harrington, another from St. Louis for defensive end James Hall, and a fourth fifth rounder from Denver for cornerback Dre' Bly. Five picks in one round, if the trade for McCown materializes, might be a record.

But even more important, the best part of trading McCown to Oakland might be the inadvertent bargaining trip that Detroit receives in return.

The Lions could increase the chances that Oakland would take Russell, thereby positioning themselves to auction off their pick for the one player that teams appear willing to trade up for -- Johnson.

McCown for a fifth-round pick and leverage in trade talks with other teams is a deal that Detroit must consider
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:29 PM   #914
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71 View Post
Here's an interesting counterpoint to the Raiders skipping Russell if they get McCown...

An interesting take. It's hard to argue with that logic... As Swaggs mentioned above, if McCown can't be the starter in Arizona or Detroit, he really can't be considered a long term solution to anyone, even the Raiders.

If they do make the trade, how many of the "preposterous five -- five! -- fifth-round picks" does anyone think will still be with the Lions in three years?
Old 04-11-2007, 03:54 PM   #915
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

The status of Trent Green is interesting here. Green has been very successful in the past and he could once more be again (far more likely than Plummer or Carr). If he can be persuaded to go to Oakland, Calvin Johnson could be a Raider.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:01 PM   #916
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

"Five picks in one round, if the trade for McCown materializes, might be a record."

WE'RE #1! WE'RE #1!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 02:08 PM   #917
JeeberD
General Manager

Ping: cthomer5000

Quote:
Cowboys re-signed CB Nathan Jones to a one-year, $850,000 contract.

Jones had been a restricted free agent and will be unrestricted in 2008. The seventh-round pick from 2003 is Dallas' on-and-off dime back.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:52 AM   #918
Mo.Raider
H.S. Freshman Team

I really think the Raiders will select Johnson. I really thought that they would select Russell earlier on, but I think the Raiders will select Johnson for several reasons.

1. Al usually likes to make the shock pick that no one expects.

2. The Raiders are in short supply of cash. Johnson will come cheaper than a qb. I also don't think they will have much luck trading down, which would be the best thing for them.

3. I really think that Randy Moss will be gone soon. Even though Lane Kiffin talks the nice talk about him, I think he wants to rid himself of the malcontent.

4. I am beginning to think that Jamarcus doesn't fit in as well as the Raiders would like with the West Coast offense "hybrid" that the Raiders are going to run next year. From all of the mini camp descriptions it sounds like a pretty traditional West Coast O than any "hybrid".

5. And the biggest of all is the losing is killing Davis and he doesn't want to wait for a young qb to develop. I think with a Mcnown type of deal he will be looking for Kiffin to develop the next system qb like the success Gruden and Gannon had. I'm not saying that they will have that success, but I can speculate that that has crossed his mind.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:07 AM   #919
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Will Shields retired. Can't tell if this is for real or just a way of getting out of summer camp/exhibitions and then squeezing out one more year.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:49 PM   #920
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

(CB) Tory James signs with the Patriots.

Bill B. must be using Confederate funny money by now. Sheesh.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511

[email protected]
TCY Golden Scribe Winner - Bear Goes Home

"The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out."
--Thomas B. Macaulay
beargrowlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:05 PM   #921
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

It will be interesting to see if the Patriots move him to safety. He didn't seem able to keep up with elite receivers last year.

Last edited by JPhillips : 04-17-2007 at 05:05 PM.
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:40 PM   #922
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Pro Football Talk is reporting that the Lions are close to working out a deal with the Bucs in which No. 2 goes to the Bucs and No. 4 and Simeon Rice goes to the Lions. Stay tuned.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:41 PM   #923
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
It will be interesting to see if the Patriots move him to safety. He didn't seem able to keep up with elite receivers last year.

I'm kind of meh on this one. I like the depth, but this kind of looks like the signing of Eric Warfield last season.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:15 PM   #924
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinatieri for Prez View Post
Pro Football Talk is reporting that the Lions are close to working out a deal with the Bucs in which No. 2 goes to the Bucs and No. 4 and Simeon Rice goes to the Lions. Stay tuned.

Waste of a deal imho. I think Rice still could get cut and unless the Lions still think they can get someone to deal for Thomas or AP (Assuming it goes CJ #1) and they have this deal in the works I just don't like it.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:37 PM   #925
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Waste of a deal imho. I think Rice still could get cut and unless the Lions still think they can get someone to deal for Thomas or AP (Assuming it goes CJ #1) and they have this deal in the works I just don't like it.

If that deal is even a possibility, I would assume that would have to be a draft day deal contingent on Johnson not going #1.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:14 PM   #926
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Pro Football Weekly reports that three consensus top-ten draft picks -- receiver Calvin Johnson, defensive end Gaines Adams, and defensive tackle Amobi Okoye -- admitted during their scouting combines interviews that they have used marijuana.

Personally, I think it's no big deal, but interesting to see if this affects things. I don't think teams really care that much about it in terms of character issues EXCEPT for the possibility the players get caught later doing it and then get suspended.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:16 PM   #927
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Also ProfootballTalk now says Lions/Bucs deal is OFF, while Lions explore other options.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:17 PM   #928
General Mike
Pro Starter

Anyone know WTF happened to Len Pasquarelli's hair?
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 06:56 PM   #929
Thomkal
Head Coach

its pretty scary looking isn't it?
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 12:31 PM   #930
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Gaurd Alan Faneca skipped the Steelers first organized drills(not mandatory ones though) today, and there appears that there will be a major stalemate between him and the organization over a new contract. He's probably one of the top 3-4 guards in the league, and jokers like Dockery and Steinbach just got huge new deals, so while Alan is older, he still wants that one last big contract. Compounding matters is the fact that the Steelers are very tight against this years cap. And still have Troy to resign.

It should be interesting to see how this scenerio plays out. He's surely worth more than a 3rd round comp in 2009 if you let him play out his deal. I have some hope that they'll work out a reasonable new contract(4 years, 24m, something to that effect), but I doubt that happens. If he's not going to show up for camp, though, I would look to see if we could get at least a 2nd rounder and another pick for him this year. Surely he has to be worth that much?

Last edited by stevew : 04-20-2007 at 12:33 PM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 12:47 PM   #931
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

For a guard who is old, that you then have to pay big bucks for? I doubt you get even get a 2nd rounder for him.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:57 PM   #932
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
For a guard who is old, that you then have to pay big bucks for? I doubt you get even get a 2nd rounder for him.

That's true, the Skins don't have a 2nd rounder. Damn.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:20 PM   #933
watravaler
High School JV

Big ups to Urlacher...down with Gatorade!
watravaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 03:56 PM   #934
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Really? The reason why Urlacher and the rest of the players are so rich is because under the CBA they are in fact getting 60% of NFL contracts with such companies as Gatorade for being a league-wide sponsor. So, for me, I give Urlacher a big, big thumbs down. Just another case of a player biting the hand that feeds them.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:37 PM   #935
watravaler
High School JV

I'm just a big fan of players promoting something that doesn't poison the body...I could not give a rats ass about the insane amount of money they get.
watravaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:19 PM   #936
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

That wasn't clear from your post -- it sounded more like you were supporting his rebellion against the NFL marketing monster. I'm still not a big fan of player's breaching their agreements not to promote things. To each his own.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:37 PM   #937
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Now, ProfootballTalk is saying that the Broncos have an offer out to the Lions:

Per the rumor, the Broncos have offered their first-round (21st overall), second-round, and third-round pick in the 2007 draft and their first-rounder in 2008 for the No. 2 spot -- contingent on Calvin Johnson being available there.

They're also saying that the Raiders are close to striking a pre-draft contract with Jamarcus Russell.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:44 PM   #938
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Now, ProfootballTalk is saying that the Broncos have an offer out to the Lions:

Per the rumor, the Broncos have offered their first-round (21st overall), second-round, and third-round pick in the 2007 draft and their first-rounder in 2008 for the No. 2 spot -- contingent on Calvin Johnson being available there.

That's very nice of them to offer that. Unfortunately, they're about 900 points short on the value chart (and that's without discounting the future 1st down to a 2nd...they would be over 1300 points short, or the equivalent of an extra 1(10) THIS year).

There's simply no way to move up from 21 to 2 without giving up a significant player or a boatload of first rounders.

And yes, I know that Matt Millen is still the GM.

Last edited by Logan : 04-23-2007 at 07:45 PM.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:47 PM   #939
Logan
Head Coach

Also, PFT is the one who said that Adalius Thomas had a deal done with the Niners, roughly one week before he signed with NE. And just yesterday they said that the Pats will absolutely select LB David Harris with their 28th overall pick.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:06 PM   #940
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
That's very nice of them to offer that. Unfortunately, they're about 900 points short on the value chart (and that's without discounting the future 1st down to a 2nd...they would be over 1300 points short, or the equivalent of an extra 1(10) THIS year).

I think Millen would take that deal in a heartbeat (if it was true). In all honesty, not many GM's put that much stock into the famous "draft chart" anymore, b/c high first rounders (Top 5) have started to cost so much money, that pretty much no player is worth the cash AND draft picks.

There are a lot more teams trying to move down than move up.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:09 PM   #941
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
I think Millen would take that deal in a heartbeat (if it was true). In all honesty, not many GM's put that much stock into the famous "draft chart" anymore, b/c high first rounders (Top 5) have started to cost so much money, that pretty much no player is worth the cash AND draft picks.

You read Peter King's column today didn't you
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:12 PM   #942
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:

If the offer is true, and it's accepted, find a hat. I'll eat it.

I guarantee TB would pony up their 2nd and 3rd, and give back the #4 overall. I would take that in a second over #21 this year and a mid-to-late 1st rounder next year.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:28 PM   #943
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
You read Peter King's column today didn't you

Yes, I did. But it's also been an easily seen trend over the past few years (see the 2005 draft)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
If the offer is true, and it's accepted, find a hat. I'll eat it.

I guarantee TB would pony up their 2nd and 3rd, and give back the #4 overall. I would take that in a second over #21 this year and a mid-to-late 1st rounder next year.

Except that the supposed deal has #4, 2nd and 3rd rounders in 2007, AND the 2008 1st rounder. I sincerely doubt that rumor is true b/c that is wayyy too much for a single player (that's even more than the Ricky Williams deal).
Old 04-23-2007, 08:29 PM   #944
Logan
Head Coach

Went and read the King column. I agree on his points, but dropping from #2 (where you could choose from a number of potential franchise players) to #21 is way too much.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:31 PM   #945
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Except that the supposed deal has #4, 2nd and 3rd rounders in 2007, AND the 2008 1st rounder. I sincerely doubt that rumor is true b/c that is wayyy too much for a single player (that's even more than the Ricky Williams deal).

I don't understand. You're saying that the Bucs are supposedly offering all that for the #2? Yes that's way too much, and that's why I said they would give up just those 3 picks without including the future 1st.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:00 PM   #946
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I think that Calvin Johnson<2 first round picks, and a 2nd and 3rd any day of the week. Not saying millen is going to hit on all those selections, but that could very well make up the entirety of their future o-line in exchange for one pick. I think if they hold out, they may be able to get some more however.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:18 PM   #947
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

I believe the draft chart is slowly outliving its usefulness. I mean the thing is pushing almost 15 years old. Alot's changed since then, mainly the size of the contracts for top 5-10 picks. This alone reduces the point value of the top pick.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:43 AM   #948
Dunleavy
High School JV

my draft board...

1. Calvin Johnson WR 6-4, 235 Georgia Tech
2. Jamarcus Russell QB 6-6, 258 LSU
3. Adrian Peterson RB 6-1, 217 Oklahoma
4. Joe Thomas OT 6-8, 305 Wisconsin
5. LaRon Landry FS 6-2, 205 LSU
6. Gaines Adams DE 6-4, 265 Clemson
7. Patrick Willis LB 6-2, 240 Mississippi

These are my seven elite prospects above, and below are my first round rated prospects, each break there after is intending to show a changing of talent from one round to the next. If I have a player over or under rated you don’t have to move him up or down, I based the over or under rated on the general consenious I got from all other boards I looked at compared to my own rankings. I also did comments for these guys trying to explain why i have them higher or lower then most anticapating that they may be the lead talking points. These are my final rakings and i do not plan to change the list but I do reserve the right to change prior to the draft if any new developments unfold. These are the rankings i'll use for my post draft grades

8. Levi Brown OT 6-5, 325 Penn State
9. Amobi Okoye DT 6-0, 287 Louisville
10. Joe Staley OT 6-5, 295 Central Michigan
11. Jamaal Anderson DE 6-5, 280 Arkansas
12. Lawrence Timmons LB 6-3, 230 Florida State
13. Adam Carriker DE 6-5, 290 Nebraska
14. Robert Meacham WR 6-2, 205 Tennessee
15. Reggie Nelson FS 6-1, 195 Florida
16. Drew Stanton QB 6-3, 230 Michigan State
17. Sidney Rice WR 6-2, 200 South Carolina
18. Marshawn Lynch RB 5-11,215 California
19. Leon Hall CB 5-11,195 Michigan
20. Jarvis Moss DE 6-5, 255 Florida
21. Anthony Spencer DE 6-3, 265 Purdue
22. Darrelle Revis CB 5-11,190 Pittsburgh
23. Michael Griffin SS 5-11, 195 Texas
24. Dwayne Bowe WR 6-2, 220 LSU
25. Paul Posluszny LB 6-1, 238 Penn State
26. Chris Houston CB 5-10, 180 Arkansas
27. Ben Grubbs OG 6-3, 315 Auburn
28. Aaron Ross CB 6-0, 195 Texas
29. Greg Olsen TE 6-5, 255 Miami
30. Brady Quinn QB 6-4, 232 Notre Dame
31. Justin Blalock OG 6-3, 330 Texas

Underrated: Staley’s has great upside to go along with being pretty good as is. Meacham has outstanding physical tools but what sold me was that he proved his talent with every increasing productivity. Stanton has a way to go transitioning to the NFL but I love potential and believe he will fulfill it. Rice has second round speed but first round talent, someone will get a steal in this kid.
Overrated: Quinn has an erratic arm, gets happy feet under pressure and throws a poor deep ball. Also has overrated mobility (can’t throw on run).

32. Brandon Meriweather FS 5-11, 190 Miami
33. Ted Ginn WR 6-0, 180 Ohio State
34. Alan Branch DT 6-6, 330 Michigan
35. Jon Beason LB 6-0, 230 Miami
36. Justin Harrell DT 6-3, 305 Tennessee
37. Anthony Gonzalez WR 5-11, !95 Ohio State
38. Brandon Jackson RB 6-0, 210 Nebraska
39. Arron Sears OG 6-4, 330 Tennessee
40. Ryan Kalil C 6-4, 291 Southern California
41. Trent Edwards QB 6-4, 220 Stanford
42. David Harris LB 6-1, 245 Michigan
43. Tony Ugoh OT 6-5, 305 Arkansas
44. Mike Walker WR 6-2, 210 Central Florida
45. Dwayne Jarrett WR 6-5, 210 Southern California
46. Eric Wright CB 5-10, 190 UNLV
47. Doug Free OT 6-6, 305 Northern Illinois
48. Justin Durant LB 6-1, 230 Hampton
49. Eric Weddle SS 5-11, 200 Utah
50. Charles Johnson DE 6-2, 275 Georgia
51. Daymeion Hughes CB 5-10, 190 California
52. Brian Leonard RB 6-1, 225 Rutgers
53. James Marten OT 6-7, 310 Boston College
54. Zach Miller TE 6-5, 260 Arizona State
55. David Clowney WR 6-0, 180 Virginia Tech
56. Quincy Black OLB 6-1 240 New Mexico
57. Paul Soliai DT 6-4, 345 Utah
58. Kenny Irons RB 5-10, 198 Auburn
59. Steve Smith WR 6-0, 195 Southern California
60. Fred Bennett CB 6-1, 200 South Carolina
61. Victor Abiamiri DE 6-3, 270 Notre Dame
62. LaMarr Woodley DE 6-1, 270 Michigan
63. Tarell Brown CB 6-0, 200 Texas
64. Rufus Alexander LB 6-1, 230 Oklahoma

Underrated: Jackson is really under valued, he has great running instincts to go along with homerun speed and he can catch the ball out of the backfield. Walker has great productivity knows how to use his body and is big threat downfield. Durant is a great small school talent with sideline to sideline to speed who would excel in a cover two. Free played his entire senior season with a stress fracture in his foot and has great athletic ability to go along with that toughness. Hughes could really excel in a cover two scheme in spite of his poultry speed. Clowney is really underdeveloped he has top end speed, natural receiving ability and great intangibles. Black is undersized by has great athleticism and good instincts and will go a round later then he should. Soliai is an ideal NT and those are hard to find. Brown is overshadowed by teammate Ross but has all the ability you could want and I believe is close to putting it all together.
Overrated: Ginn is a real poor route runner, you need more then speed to get open in this league. Branch is over hyped due to his potential but he‘s a very unproductive player. With Jarrett if you cant get separation in this league forget about it, reminds me of another disappointing Pac 10 Williams, the Jags Reggie Williams.

65. Stewart Bradley LB 6-3, 255 Nebraska
66. John Beck QB 6-2, 215 BYU
67. Michael Bush RB 6-2, 250 Louisville
68. Brandon Siler ILB 6-1, 235 Florida
69. Rory Johnson OLB 6-1, 235 Mississippi
70. Craig Davis WR 6-1, 200 LSU
71. Brandon Mebane DT 6-0, 305 California
72. Ilaika Alama-Francis DE 6-5, 255 Hawaii
73. Jacoby Jones WR 6-2, 195 Lane
74. Antonio Pittman RB 5-10, 195 Ohio State
75. Marshall Yanda OG 6-4, 295 Iowa
76. Tim Crowder DE 6-4, 270 Texas
77. Marcus Thomas DT 6-2, 290 Florida
78. Kenny Scott CB 6-1, 175 Georgia Tech
79. Tank Tyler DT 6-2, 324 North Carolina State
80. Jonathan Wade CB 5-10, 190 Tennessee
81. Ray McDonald DE 6-3, 282 Florida
82. John Wendling DB 6-1, 220 Wyoming
83. Jason Hill WR 6-2, 210 Washington State
84. Josh Wilson CB 5-9, 185 Maryland
85. Lorenzo Booker RB 5-10, 190 Florida State
86. Andy Alleman OG 6-4, 305 Akron
87. Jermon Bushrod OT 6-4 315 Towson
88. Aundrae Allison WR 6-0, 197 East Carolina
89. Tanard Jackson DB 6-0, 190 Syracuse
90. Turk McBride DT 6-2 277 N.Carolina St.
91. Stephen Nicholas OLB 6-1 232 S. Florida
92. Tony Hunt RB 6-2, 240 Penn State
93. Chris Henry RB 5-11 230 Arizona
94. Dan Santucci OG 6-3 301 Notre Dame

Underrated: Bushrod is a small school gem and helped his cause with a good senior bowl week and impressed in workouts and Santucci has the makings of a solid starter
Overrated: Pittman has all the makings to go along with his 4.4 forty speed but he’s a power back in a small backs body. McCauley, who will likely go in the second round, is one of the most overrated players this year and didn’t make the top 100, he had one good season opposite a second round pick (Marshall, Panthers) against inferior competition.
Day Two: I started intending to go to a 100 but the prospects were getting much less distinctive, but that’s not to say these day two guys can’t start in the league, some always do. In order of position here are some day two players worth taking a flyer. Let me know if I need first names or colleges to better identify some of these guys

Kevin Kolb QB
M. Moore QB
L. Booker RB
Bradshaw RB
D. Wright RB
Wolfe RB
Coleman RB
McGill RB
Boss TE
P. Williams WR
Baker WR
Higgins WR
Robinson WR
Hall WR
Fisurs WR
Satele C
Nwaneri C
Lucas C
Ramirez OG
Robertson OG
Bender OT
Carnahan OT
Foster OT
Vallejo OT
Gabe Hall OT
Atkins DE
Tafisi DE
Applewhite DE
Hickman DE
DeGrate DE
Dawson DE
Walter Thomas DT
Jay Alford DT
Kelvin Smith ILB
Blades ILB
T. Taylor ILB
Shaw LB
Barnes OLB
B.Robinson CB
Piscitelli S
White S
Alexander S
Dunleavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:00 AM   #949
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunleavy View Post
my draft board...

1. Calvin Johnson WR 6-4, 235 Georgia Tech
2. Jamarcus Russell QB 6-6, 258 LSU
3. Adrian Peterson RB 6-1, 217 Oklahoma
4. Joe Thomas OT 6-8, 305 Wisconsin
5. LaRon Landry FS 6-2, 205 LSU
6. Gaines Adams DE 6-4, 265 Clemson
7. Patrick Willis LB 6-2, 240 Mississippi

These are my seven elite prospects above, and below are my first round rated prospects, each break there after is intending to show a changing of talent from one round to the next. If I have a player over or under rated you don’t have to move him up or down, I based the over or under rated on the general consenious I got from all other boards I looked at compared to my own rankings. I also did comments for these guys trying to explain why i have them higher or lower then most anticapating that they may be the lead talking points. These are my final rakings and i do not plan to change the list but I do reserve the right to change prior to the draft if any new developments unfold. These are the rankings i'll use for my post draft grades

8. Levi Brown OT 6-5, 325 Penn State
9. Amobi Okoye DT 6-0, 287 Louisville
10. Joe Staley OT 6-5, 295 Central Michigan
11. Jamaal Anderson DE 6-5, 280 Arkansas
12. Lawrence Timmons LB 6-3, 230 Florida State
13. Adam Carriker DE 6-5, 290 Nebraska
14. Robert Meacham WR 6-2, 205 Tennessee
15. Reggie Nelson FS 6-1, 195 Florida
16. Drew Stanton QB 6-3, 230 Michigan State
17. Sidney Rice WR 6-2, 200 South Carolina
18. Marshawn Lynch RB 5-11,215 California
19. Leon Hall CB 5-11,195 Michigan
20. Jarvis Moss DE 6-5, 255 Florida
21. Anthony Spencer DE 6-3, 265 Purdue
22. Darrelle Revis CB 5-11,190 Pittsburgh
23. Michael Griffin SS 5-11, 195 Texas
24. Dwayne Bowe WR 6-2, 220 LSU
25. Paul Posluszny LB 6-1, 238 Penn State
26. Chris Houston CB 5-10, 180 Arkansas
27. Ben Grubbs OG 6-3, 315 Auburn
28. Aaron Ross CB 6-0, 195 Texas
29. Greg Olsen TE 6-5, 255 Miami
30. Brady Quinn QB 6-4, 232 Notre Dame
31. Justin Blalock OG 6-3, 330 Texas

Underrated: Staley’s has great upside to go along with being pretty good as is. Meacham has outstanding physical tools but what sold me was that he proved his talent with every increasing productivity. Stanton has a way to go transitioning to the NFL but I love potential and believe he will fulfill it. Rice has second round speed but first round talent, someone will get a steal in this kid.
Overrated: Quinn has an erratic arm, gets happy feet under pressure and throws a poor deep ball. Also has overrated mobility (can’t throw on run).

32. Brandon Meriweather FS 5-11, 190 Miami
33. Ted Ginn WR 6-0, 180 Ohio State
34. Alan Branch DT 6-6, 330 Michigan
35. Jon Beason LB 6-0, 230 Miami
36. Justin Harrell DT 6-3, 305 Tennessee
37. Anthony Gonzalez WR 5-11, !95 Ohio State
38. Brandon Jackson RB 6-0, 210 Nebraska
39. Arron Sears OG 6-4, 330 Tennessee
40. Ryan Kalil C 6-4, 291 Southern California
41. Trent Edwards QB 6-4, 220 Stanford
42. David Harris LB 6-1, 245 Michigan
43. Tony Ugoh OT 6-5, 305 Arkansas
44. Mike Walker WR 6-2, 210 Central Florida
45. Dwayne Jarrett WR 6-5, 210 Southern California
46. Eric Wright CB 5-10, 190 UNLV
47. Doug Free OT 6-6, 305 Northern Illinois
48. Justin Durant LB 6-1, 230 Hampton
49. Eric Weddle SS 5-11, 200 Utah
50. Charles Johnson DE 6-2, 275 Georgia
51. Daymeion Hughes CB 5-10, 190 California
52. Brian Leonard RB 6-1, 225 Rutgers
53. James Marten OT 6-7, 310 Boston College
54. Zach Miller TE 6-5, 260 Arizona State
55. David Clowney WR 6-0, 180 Virginia Tech
56. Quincy Black OLB 6-1 240 New Mexico
57. Paul Soliai DT 6-4, 345 Utah
58. Kenny Irons RB 5-10, 198 Auburn
59. Steve Smith WR 6-0, 195 Southern California
60. Fred Bennett CB 6-1, 200 South Carolina
61. Victor Abiamiri DE 6-3, 270 Notre Dame
62. LaMarr Woodley DE 6-1, 270 Michigan
63. Tarell Brown CB 6-0, 200 Texas
64. Rufus Alexander LB 6-1, 230 Oklahoma

Underrated: Jackson is really under valued, he has great running instincts to go along with homerun speed and he can catch the ball out of the backfield. Walker has great productivity knows how to use his body and is big threat downfield. Durant is a great small school talent with sideline to sideline to speed who would excel in a cover two. Free played his entire senior season with a stress fracture in his foot and has great athletic ability to go along with that toughness. Hughes could really excel in a cover two scheme in spite of his poultry speed. Clowney is really underdeveloped he has top end speed, natural receiving ability and great intangibles. Black is undersized by has great athleticism and good instincts and will go a round later then he should. Soliai is an ideal NT and those are hard to find. Brown is overshadowed by teammate Ross but has all the ability you could want and I believe is close to putting it all together.
Overrated: Ginn is a real poor route runner, you need more then speed to get open in this league. Branch is over hyped due to his potential but he‘s a very unproductive player. With Jarrett if you cant get separation in this league forget about it, reminds me of another disappointing Pac 10 Williams, the Jags Reggie Williams.

65. Stewart Bradley LB 6-3, 255 Nebraska
66. John Beck QB 6-2, 215 BYU
67. Michael Bush RB 6-2, 250 Louisville
68. Brandon Siler ILB 6-1, 235 Florida
69. Rory Johnson OLB 6-1, 235 Mississippi
70. Craig Davis WR 6-1, 200 LSU
71. Brandon Mebane DT 6-0, 305 California
72. Ilaika Alama-Francis DE 6-5, 255 Hawaii
73. Jacoby Jones WR 6-2, 195 Lane
74. Antonio Pittman RB 5-10, 195 Ohio State
75. Marshall Yanda OG 6-4, 295 Iowa
76. Tim Crowder DE 6-4, 270 Texas
77. Marcus Thomas DT 6-2, 290 Florida
78. Kenny Scott CB 6-1, 175 Georgia Tech
79. Tank Tyler DT 6-2, 324 North Carolina State
80. Jonathan Wade CB 5-10, 190 Tennessee
81. Ray McDonald DE 6-3, 282 Florida
82. John Wendling DB 6-1, 220 Wyoming
83. Jason Hill WR 6-2, 210 Washington State
84. Josh Wilson CB 5-9, 185 Maryland
85. Lorenzo Booker RB 5-10, 190 Florida State
86. Andy Alleman OG 6-4, 305 Akron
87. Jermon Bushrod OT 6-4 315 Towson
88. Aundrae Allison WR 6-0, 197 East Carolina
89. Tanard Jackson DB 6-0, 190 Syracuse
90. Turk McBride DT 6-2 277 N.Carolina St.
91. Stephen Nicholas OLB 6-1 232 S. Florida
92. Tony Hunt RB 6-2, 240 Penn State
93. Chris Henry RB 5-11 230 Arizona
94. Dan Santucci OG 6-3 301 Notre Dame

Underrated: Bushrod is a small school gem and helped his cause with a good senior bowl week and impressed in workouts and Santucci has the makings of a solid starter
Overrated: Pittman has all the makings to go along with his 4.4 forty speed but he’s a power back in a small backs body. McCauley, who will likely go in the second round, is one of the most overrated players this year and didn’t make the top 100, he had one good season opposite a second round pick (Marshall, Panthers) against inferior competition.
Day Two: I started intending to go to a 100 but the prospects were getting much less distinctive, but that’s not to say these day two guys can’t start in the league, some always do. In order of position here are some day two players worth taking a flyer. Let me know if I need first names or colleges to better identify some of these guys

Kevin Kolb QB
M. Moore QB
L. Booker RB
Bradshaw RB
D. Wright RB
Wolfe RB
Coleman RB
McGill RB
Boss TE
P. Williams WR
Baker WR
Higgins WR
Robinson WR
Hall WR
Fisurs WR
Satele C
Nwaneri C
Lucas C
Ramirez OG
Robertson OG
Bender OT
Carnahan OT
Foster OT
Vallejo OT
Gabe Hall OT
Atkins DE
Tafisi DE
Applewhite DE
Hickman DE
DeGrate DE
Dawson DE
Walter Thomas DT
Jay Alford DT
Kelvin Smith ILB
Blades ILB
T. Taylor ILB
Shaw LB
Barnes OLB
B.Robinson CB
Piscitelli S
White S
Alexander S

Really well done list. Good job.

I'm not sure about Ginn, myself. Is route running something that can be taught and the NFL level? I can't tell if the guy is going to become Steve Smith or someone who catches 20 balls a year for 400 yards and two touchdowns.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:52 AM   #950
Logan
Head Coach

Agree on this being a very well done list. Obviously, we'll have different thoughts on some players, but that's the beauty of this whole thing.