Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-08-2008, 11:20 AM   #901
ProfessorX
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Oh well, was bound to happen. Too much work causing me issues with the multiple ID thing.

lol - i've just ceased checking GD at work for the duration of the game pretty much, and reset the cookie to remember this.

perhaps one of the mods will delete it and repost it to un-out you so that it's not massively-known
ProfessorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:21 AM   #902
ProfessorX
Mascot

INVITE MIMIC BROTHERHOOD OF MUTANTS

We would be pleased to have you on our team Calvin.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:21 AM   #903
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
Because?

Because I can help a mission more by NOT going.
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:21 AM   #904
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

INVITE MIMIC TO THE BROTHERHOOD OF MUTANTS
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:21 AM   #905
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorX View Post
lol - i've just ceased checking GD at work for the duration of the game pretty much, and reset the cookie to remember this.
[ooc]ditto, for the most part. I have read in the GD, but not posted under Mimic though.[/ooc]
Mimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:21 AM   #906
Mimic
High School JV

JOIN THE BROTHERHOOD OF MUTANTS
Old 10-08-2008, 11:22 AM   #907
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
A team of Prelates would be at risk of having their actions negated or half their energy stolen by a saboteur. I agree with those that argue that a team as proposed by the Second Prelate is unwise.

Agreed MagnetMan. I was in it if the formation of the team itself aided in his project, but if it's just for mere looks I don't find it in my our best interest. Especially since my powers have little help to offer

Leave Prelate Team

Re-Join Strike team
KangtheConqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:24 AM   #908
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

(ooc) I think someone suggested using two different browsers. That's worked wonders for me -- one is in GD, and the other one is here, so there's no call for my real ID to pop over here. (/ooc)
Old 10-08-2008, 11:26 AM   #909
HumanTorch
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimic View Post
It could, but you don't have the power.

Not me personally...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rules
Voice of the Madri - the masses of players can stage a revolt against a prelate by popular vote. Apoc and the 1st Prelate are immune to this, but all others are potentially vulnerable to this. All prelates below the disgraced prelate move up a rank and a new prelate is inserted immediately in the 5th Prelate role. This is separate from an attack - just a straight "vote" option that is available. The Prelates (and Apocalypse) are not part of this vote. Can only be exercised once per three days.
HumanTorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:28 AM   #910
Nightcrawler
n00b

As Cable has already committed to the mission, so will I, perhaps we can aid each other.

COMMIT SENTINEL MISSION
Nightcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:29 AM   #911
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
Thank you. Of these, Iron Fist and Human Torch are damaged if I recall and should not be on missions today as a result.

I will suggest the following rosters:

Galactus: Silver Surfer, Hulk, Mr. Fantastic, Henry Pym and Magneto. Mimic and Kang can proceed with their Galactus-stopping endeavors for the day.

Sentinels: Firebird, Vision, Colossus, Beast, Cable, Aardwolf, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.

Thoughts?

If that is your will, I can go on the mission as requested. Just confirm and I will place my order in. However I think Henry Pym at least duplicates some of my intellect and could free me up to work on an invention that will require some time to finish up. (ooc: I've been in discussions with our moderators via pm trying to work out details of some invention possibilities but the bottom line is that none will be finished if I go on missions every day)
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:30 AM   #912
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

I hear much talk of teams, and little talk of how we will root out the traitors. Teams it seems could be useful, but are they useful enough to dominate our time? The mission list posted seems to make sense, so unless people can suggest that they are better used elsewhere, let us follow it.

In the meantime, who shall we target with our attacks today? Who is the most suspect amongst us. Silver Samurai has drawn Doom's attention with his last minute attack on the Human Torch yesterday, and his flippant comments about allegiance to Apocalypse. Prelate Mimic, your vague plans to destroy Galactus are worrisome, but Doom hopes you are merely keeping your cards hidden to avoid being sabotaged.

Who else do people suspect? Or are most waiting for the results of these missions?
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:32 AM   #913
Mimic
High School JV

One last quick message to mull over while I'm gone: the Prelates can order guard actions as well as other things. I think if we coordinated our order actions it would aid in rooting out traitors.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:41 AM   #914
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

I thought about that Mimic, but using the Guard order means no use of other stuff, and you and I at least are set in what we're working on
Old 10-08-2008, 11:41 AM   #915
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

I'm putting this in so I don't forget. Placeholder barring an explanation for the big attack on Zippo:

standard attack Collosus
Old 10-08-2008, 11:44 AM   #916
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

To make sure I get this in. Not meant for a death-blow, but a wake up since I"m not a fan of those sliding by

Standard Attack Gambit
Old 10-08-2008, 11:44 AM   #917
Beast
n00b

As unfortunate as it is, chronographic restraints are severly limiting my contributions to our cause today.

Since it has been suggested, and I find it to be a logical conclusion, I will
Commit Sentinel Mission
Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:45 AM   #918
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangtheConqueror View Post
I thought about that Mimic, but using the Guard order means no use of other stuff, and you and I at least are set in what we're working on

Clarification - the use of "Guard" does not prevent the Prelate from using a Special action. It prevents the target of the order.

Kang orders Nightcrawler to stand guard on Kang for Night 2. Kang can still do special actions. Nightcrawler is no longer eligible for Mission, Galactus, or use of Special Attack/Ability for that day.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:47 AM   #919
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Ah, that changes things.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:51 AM   #920
SilverSurfer
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
If that is your will, I can go on the mission as requested. Just confirm and I will place my order in. However I think Henry Pym at least duplicates some of my intellect and could free me up to work on an invention that will require some time to finish up. (ooc: I've been in discussions with our moderators via pm trying to work out details of some invention possibilities but the bottom line is that none will be finished if I go on missions every day)

I would encourage you to work on your invention. Who feels they have the abilities to help in a Galactus mission today besides the people I have suggested?
SilverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:51 AM   #921
Firebird
n00b

I am going to :

Go on the Sentinel Mission

Where I think my talents are best placed.
Firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:53 AM   #922
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider View Post
I'm putting this in so I don't forget. Placeholder barring an explanation for the big attack on Zippo:

standard attack Collosus

Please note that the only evidence we have the Colossus delivered the heavier blow and not Silver Samurai is Silver Samurai saying it was not him.

However, I, too, await word from Colossus as to what happened.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:55 AM   #923
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Please note that the only evidence we have the Colossus delivered the heavier blow and not Silver Samurai is Silver Samurai saying it was not him.

However, I, too, await word from Colossus as to what happened.

That's true Magneto, I had forgotten. At the same token, not that I feel that our puppetmasters would do this to us, I was present during another battle when certain actions caused the deadline to be hours earlier and those that hadn't voted were punished. I have slight concerns about that which is why I at least wanted a placeholder.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:56 AM   #924
Firebird
n00b

ooc I will be in and out today packign and preparing for my trip. AS such, I will not be immeidately available, but I will be checking in, no question.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:06 PM   #925
Quicksilver
n00b

Go on the Sentinel Mission
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:21 PM   #926
hoopsguy
General Manager

Wow - for people who are still trying to learn about their comic book characters, I just found a really interesting site. Tons of information on the couple of characters (pretty obscure ones) that I looked up.

Marvel Universe: The Appendix! -- Profiles

Stuff like this might be helpful in researching the abilities of characters for your own "make your own power" stunts ...
Old 10-08-2008, 12:29 PM   #927
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Crickey that's a lot of information.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:36 PM   #928
JeanGrey
Mascot

My attack is likely to go, again, to those who have contributed less. I do have suspicions among the more vocal and active players, but in a game this large, would like to make flying beneath notice something people don't do, as it could be quite easy to do. I will also be making my attack with-in the next few hours, as after that meditation time is required.
JeanGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:36 PM   #929
HenryPym
Mascot

Just in case the Silver Surfer and Vision missed it, I have already committed to the Sentinels mission. I may be of some use in Galactus missions in the future, but if there is an active Sentinel(s) in this mission, I feel my talents are better suited here.
HenryPym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:44 PM   #930
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post
In response to Silver Surfer's request. These suggestions are based on: my impression of each member's power level, stated goals/abilities, and two that I left off for obvious reasons.

Galactus, Sentinels, Finding Traitors

1. Nightcrawler
2. Emma Frost
3. Ghost Rider
4. Hulk
5. Apocalypse (head honcho)
6. Silver Surfer (1st Prelate)
7. Colossus
8. Jean Grey (5th Prelate, promoted to 4th Prelate to start Day 2)
9. Professor X
10. Mr. Fantastic
11. Iron Fist
12. Mimic (2nd Prelate)
13. Henry Pym
14. Vision
15. Kang the Conqueror (3rd Prelate)
16. Beast
17. Dr. Doom
18. Cable
19. Firebird
21. Quicksilver
22. Aardwolf
23. Nick Fury
25. Spider Man
26. Magneto
27. Punisher
28. Human Torch
29. Gambit
30. Scarlet Witch
31. Silver Samurai

I hope this is helpful. It looks like overkill on the Sentinel front, but i wouldn't expect everyone to check in before deadline anyway.

I strongly urge that Magneto be used on the Sentinel mission. Not to use someone who, uniquely, has both the powers and experience to battle the robots seems a massive waste of resources. Especially if you believe, as I do, that the Sentinel mission should take precedence over the Galactus mission. I'm not even sure that we have to send a Galactus mission every day.

I am also concerned that Henry Pym, Mr Fantastic and Beast are all being denied the opportunity to assist where, I suspect, they are best suited - in the laboratory. Having said that I think, at this stage, we need to accept that the individual knows best where their talents are suited. If Scarlet Witch deems that she will be of little use on the mission then we have little option but to accept her word for it. So if the others feel they are best suited to mission-work then that is fine, I just don't feel pressure should be applied to them to do so.
EmmaFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:55 PM   #931
JeanGrey
Mascot

I agree that Magneto would be a big help on the Sentinel mission.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:59 PM   #932
Nightcrawler
n00b

The Brethren will line 'em up, Magneto can knock 'em down
Old 10-08-2008, 12:59 PM   #933
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

We only have two more hours to determine who goes on what mission, right?
Old 10-08-2008, 01:00 PM   #934
hoopsguy
General Manager

2 1/2 hours until both Mission and Galactus are processed.

Last edited by hoopsguy : 10-08-2008 at 01:01 PM. Reason: red font
Old 10-08-2008, 01:01 PM   #935
Nightcrawler
n00b

Two and a half by my calculations
Old 10-08-2008, 01:04 PM   #936
Firebird
n00b

Yep, all of our team is now on this mission.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:06 PM   #937
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimic View Post
If Jean needs me to spell it out for her, I can. I would prefer not to, but I will in the interests of Apocalypse. That being said, beware your tone of voice. I am the Second Prelate of Apocalypse and you are but a minion.

Let us not fall into the trap of placing an abundance of trust in the infallibility of the Prelates. Moon Knight and Doctor Strange, though shown to be loyal, also have demonstrated by their deaths that being of a high rank does not indicate one's immunity to lapses.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:08 PM   #938
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Let us not fall into the trap of placing an abundance of trust in the infallibility of the Prelates. Moon Knight and Doctor Strange, though shown to be loyal, also have demonstrated by their deaths that being of a high rank does not indicate one's immunity to lapses.
This is a good point.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:09 PM   #939
ProfessorX
Mascot

hmmm
Old 10-08-2008, 01:15 PM   #940
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Android, did you give any consideration to my point that Sentinels are created to target my kind in the development of your list?

Sorry for the delay in replying, Erik, I have only just returned from a task of great [ ooc ] import.

No, I only took into account the powers and skills that I perceive in us all, with an eye toward balancing the priorities of the three separate tasks.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:19 PM   #941
hoopsguy
General Manager

Here is the current attack report:

Post #775: Silver Samurai attacks Colossus
Post #800: Aardwolf attacks SilverSamurai
Post #915: GhostRider attacks Colossus
Post #916: Kang attacks Gambit

Not attacked: everyone else
Old 10-08-2008, 01:21 PM   #942
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Witch View Post
Because I can help a mission more by NOT going.

This is a very interesting assertion, Wanda. I had wondered why you seemed reluctant to join the mutant mission yesterday. With your probabiity-altering powers, I'd have thought you well suited for virtually any mission, but I trust your judgement in this matter.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:24 PM   #943
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

No one has commited to a mission to combat Galactus today, for whatever reason. I am rested enough to undertake a mission today, so I will do so.

JOIN SENTINEL MISSION
Old 10-08-2008, 01:25 PM   #944
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

I'm a prelate and I agree with this.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:28 PM   #945
HumanTorch
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
I hear much talk of teams, and little talk of how we will root out the traitors. Teams it seems could be useful, but are they useful enough to dominate our time? The mission list posted seems to make sense, so unless people can suggest that they are better used elsewhere, let us follow it.

In the meantime, who shall we target with our attacks today? Who is the most suspect amongst us. Silver Samurai has drawn Doom's attention with his last minute attack on the Human Torch yesterday, and his flippant comments about allegiance to Apocalypse. Prelate Mimic, your vague plans to destroy Galactus are worrisome, but Doom hopes you are merely keeping your cards hidden to avoid being sabotaged.

Who else do people suspect? Or are most waiting for the results of these missions?

I think rooting out the rebels will take a combination of missions and standard attacks. I don't really want to see a mission fail, but sabotage would help us narrow the search some. As far as the standard attacks go, I'm looking at Silver Samurai, Collosus, and Mimic...not necessarily in that order. I'm looking at Mimic mostly for throwing too much trust at Magneto and the other two for a possibly overly-strong first day attack. The fact that is was against me plays some small part. According to SS, Collosus attacked huge. If that is true, I'm looking at him. If SS is trying to deflect blame that should be his, he becomes my prime target.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:30 PM   #946
ProfessorX
Mascot

Johnny - I think Calvin just had a thought and overplayed his hand. Or at least I'm willing to believe that for the time being. I wouldn't look overly hard at him for that, certainly not harder than at others...
Old 10-08-2008, 01:33 PM   #947
JeanGrey
Mascot

There has been a lack of focus on Galactus, including by myself. I shall order someone, as we get closer to deadline, to help with that mission if needed. Thoughts would be welcomed.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:35 PM   #948
JeanGrey
Mascot

Quote:
I agree with what you are saying. It's why I was reluctant, very reluctant, to join the Prelate Super team. However, do you actually trust anyone or even think well of somebody? It seems everything you say is tearing down another.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:35 PM   #949
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
No one has commited to a mission to combat Galactus today, for whatever reason. I am rested enough to undertake a mission today, so I will do so.

I believe Hulk has. I don't think we want to send any one person, no matter how formidable, to combat Galactus. I would be of even less use on the Galactus mission than on the Sentinel one though.
EmmaFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:36 PM   #950
HumanTorch
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorX View Post
Johnny - I think Calvin just had a thought and overplayed his hand. Or at least I'm willing to believe that for the time being. I wouldn't look overly hard at him for that, certainly not harder than at others...

I'm willing to discuss this possibility and look elsewhere. I just get nervous when too much trust is given without sufficient challenge. There were a number of people that did good things on missions that didn't get sabotaged and singling out Magneto seemed odd.