Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-09-2007, 10:13 PM   #901
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Harry Doyle: (Hayes takes his lead off first base) We don't know where Hayes played last year, but I'm sure he did a hell of a job.

Spirits are high as you march onto the field, knowing one less wolf is on your back. And with a win and a Yankee loss, you can move into first!

The Orioles are trying to avoid the sweep and are sending their best fireballer out there tonight. Try as you might, you can't seem to solve him. It doesn't help that you had to rush up a minor leaguer to pitch for Vaughan, since it was his turn tonight.

The kid turns in a decent performance, but you're down 3-0 going into the bottom of the eighth. Cerrano has been the man of late, but he hasn't been able to muster a powerful hit tonight yet, going one for three so far with a single and two strikeouts. He ended the last inning with his second punch out.

No, today's hero will have to be struttin' Jack Parkman. The fireballer, trying to get one more inning out of his arm, busts Parkman inside early on after walking Tomlinson. "That just gets Parkman mad. And no one wants to get Parkman mad", Parkman tells anyone who will listen, which is no one.

Too bad; they shoulda. The pitcher hangs a curve in Parkman's wheelhouse and the catcher drills a powerful shot over the left-center wall! Parkman stands there admiring the flying ball, then he glares at the mound as he takes a step toward first, then he tauntingly flips his bat back toward the on deck circle to trot slowly around the bases. And the Indians are within one!

After the next three hitters end up in the dirt and three pitchers are ejected, a reliever gets the final four outs, and Parkman's heroics go for naught. The Tribe have lost, 3-2!

But so have the Yankees. They get drilled in Detroit to wrap that series. You're all still tied at the top!

DAY FOUR HAS NOW BEGUN. THE DEADLINE IS 10 P.M. EST/7 P.M. PDT.

Please note, tomorrow is a regular schedule but should it be necessary, we have an extended schedule for the weekend. Please review Post #2 for times.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:15 PM   #902
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

umm, so who was night killed?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:19 PM   #903
hoopsguy
General Manager

No updates in Post #3 - of course, Pass is not listed either.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:19 PM   #904
Gonzo
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
umm, so who was night killed?

Ditto
Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:20 PM   #905
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

perhaps a succesfull block, could we be that lucky?

Chief?
Old 08-09-2007, 10:20 PM   #906
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

good question. Night-kill? does one of the remaining wolves wanna fill us in?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:25 PM   #907
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

I wonder if the wolves have a rotating kill and tonight was Pass's.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:28 PM   #908
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
perhaps a succesfull block, could we be that lucky?

Chief?

You all have received all of the information you will receive from the GM until the next deadline.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:28 PM   #909
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

well I would hope there was some indication that the night actions have been processed
Old 08-09-2007, 10:29 PM   #910
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

and there it is.

Maybe DT couldn't get in his night action because of his " internet" issues
Old 08-09-2007, 10:31 PM   #911
Gonzo
Mascot

Alright then.

VOTE DADDYTORGO

For the reasons stated above, re the "when I'm a wolf I blame internet connections for not voting" thing.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:32 PM   #912
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
No updates in Post #3 - of course, Pass is not listed either.

Post #3 is updated now.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:32 PM   #913
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So I guess we can assume with 9 of us left the seer can clear 3 plus himself which equals 4 and leaves us with 5 unknowns. The BG can protect and the seer can then clear another.

I also think the Duke should come forward so we can lynch him tomorrow and avoid killing a good guy.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:34 PM   #914
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
well I would hope there was some indication that the night actions have been processed

FYI...when the nightly game results have been posted, and the next day is officially announced with deadline, all night actions have been processed and results taken care of and PMs sent.

So at that point, you can all assume that is all that will be forthcoming. Sorry if that was confusing anyone.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:41 PM   #915
Gonzo
Mascot

Phew. I thought I'd been killed that night.

Anyway, I'm the Seer. Night one I scanned Lathum (good, no role), night two was Barkeep (good, no role) and night three was Hoopsguy (wolf).

In summary, I found it interesting that once DaddyTorgo was caught out with his "faulty internet connection" play, Hoopsguy jumped to defend him along with Ezarik. This leads me to believe that Torgo is a wolf, along with Hoopsguy and possibly JE.

I'll probably be scanning Ezarik next night to confirm his suspected wolfiness, so long as the Bodyguard wasn't protecting me this night. If by some miracle I survive after that, I might try out KWhit or that Parkman fellow.

Anyway.

UNVOTE DADDYTORGO (for now)
VOTE HOOPSGUY
Old 08-09-2007, 10:45 PM   #916
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

nice, no reason to think he is lying at this point and I know I am good. Plus Gonzo has been dropping hints about me all game.

VOTE HOOPSGUY
Old 08-09-2007, 10:45 PM   #917
Gonzo
Mascot

As I was just saying to Cronin, it's probably Sod's law that the bodyguard's protected me last night and stopped them killing. Oh well.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:49 PM   #918
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

At this point the duke needs to stay quiet since Hoops will likely be lynched tomorrow.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:50 PM   #919
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- Gonzo will be targeted tomorrow night, I think after the night kill will be an optimal time for the duke to reveal
Old 08-09-2007, 10:51 PM   #920
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

gonzo...i'm a villager. feel free to scan me at any point to prove that to everyone.

VOTE HOOPSGUY

just a question: how do we explain hoops winning us 2 games?
Old 08-09-2007, 10:54 PM   #921
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'll re-vote Hoops' way again (sorry again Hoops, although not nearly as sorry if you are wolf). DT, I think it was about trying to achieve optimal victory and not worrying about the minor.

VOTE HOOPSGUY
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:54 PM   #922
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post

have you been reading what I have been writting all along about hoops?
Old 08-09-2007, 11:01 PM   #923
Gonzo
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post

Trying to gain the village's trust by helping us with something minor while they win the major victory.

Look at the Pass lynch and the whole play where Pass was saying "oh save me Hoops!" and Hoops the brave villager was having none of it. Fairly certain that was another ploy to gain our trust.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:05 PM   #924
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Damn, I was onto hoops all game!!!
Old 08-09-2007, 11:06 PM   #925
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Gonzo, I am assuming you were protected last night, but if not who will you be scanning tomorrow night
Old 08-09-2007, 11:09 PM   #926
Gonzo
Mascot

Quote:
Gonzo, I am assuming you were protected last night, but if not who will you be scanning tomorrow night

JE. I'm feeling pretty good about DaddyTorgo being a wolf, so I wouldn't want to waste a scan on him.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:11 PM   #927
path12
Coordinator

*sigh* Droolers at the hospital. Jack Parkman needs to have a talk with the Community Liasion. That was a new suit.

Catching up.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:13 PM   #928
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
Was path around at the deadline? I know Gonzo was, but I don't remember seeing path.

Jack Parkman was with a bunch of slobbering brats at the deadline.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:15 PM   #929
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
JE. I'm feeling pretty good about DaddyTorgo being a wolf, so I wouldn't want to waste a scan on him.

well it really is six of one hald dozen of the other.

Is it possible someone was converted last night?
Old 08-09-2007, 11:18 PM   #930
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I have been reading, but I havn't been playing my best game. I've been distracted most the time.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:19 PM   #931
path12
Coordinator

Jack Parkman has three things to say.

1) That Oriole pitcher didn't have shit.

2) Jack Parkman never believed in voodoo.

3) Where the hell is the clubhouse boy? I need someone to sign some autographs for me!

VOTE HOOPSGUY
Old 08-10-2007, 05:28 AM   #932
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Is it possible someone was converted last night?

I don't know if it's possible, but I am concerned with Gonzo saying that he was killed and then coming out and claiming to be the seer. What could he have received in a PM that would make him think that he'd been killed?
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 07:17 AM   #933
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
You all have received all of the information you will receive from the GM until the next deadline.

Quote:
Alright then.

VOTE DADDYTORGO

For the reasons stated above, re the "when I'm a wolf I blame internet connections for not voting" thing.

Quote:
Phew. I thought I'd been killed that night.

Anyway, I'm the Seer. Night one I scanned Lathum (good, no role), night two was Barkeep (good, no role) and night three was Hoopsguy (wolf).

In summary, I found it interesting that once DaddyTorgo was caught out with his "faulty internet connection" play, Hoopsguy jumped to defend him along with Ezarik. This leads me to believe that Torgo is a wolf, along with Hoopsguy and possibly JE.

I'll probably be scanning Ezarik next night to confirm his suspected wolfiness, so long as the Bodyguard wasn't protecting me this night. If by some miracle I survive after that, I might try out KWhit or that Parkman fellow.

Anyway.

UNVOTE DADDYTORGO (for now)
VOTE HOOPSGUY

If you are the seer and you learned that I was a wolf, then why did you vote for Daddy Torgo first?

I'm not the seer, but seeing how most of the people remaining in the game have posted since your claim I'm doubting that the "real" seer is going to be coming out to rescue me here.

No night kill last night + bs seer reveal play here makes me believe that the seer was converted last night.

I don't know how any sane person could believe that I would have let Passacaglia eat it last night. Why would I have started the vote on him, left him in a one-vote position inside the final half hour, and then force his hand into a fake seer reveal? C'mon, if I was a wolf I would be willing to build trust but I wouldn't be willing to give away a fellow wolf when there was no reason to be in that situation.

Also, it is pretty convenient for the seer to be in a position to have only scanned people who are alive, including Lathum who has been in attack-dog mode about me and Day 4.

I'll start by voting for Gonzo now, who may have been the real seer at one point, but certainly isn't playing for the Indians at this point.

VOTE GONZO
Old 08-10-2007, 07:24 AM   #934
hoopsguy
General Manager

Additionally, I am the Scout. Which may explain some of my keen interest in the talent levels this game.

Night 1 - Celeval (Jake Taylor) was 2nd rated guy on the team
Night 2 - Barkeep (random scrub) was 14th rated guy on the team
Night 3 - Path12 (Jack Partman) was 4th rated guy on the team

Given that information, plus my own performances in games, I think it should be clear that I had every reason to believe that the talent levels were not random.

And I'm guessing no one will challenge me on being the scout because the wolves have already lost one of their number and fake revealed for another role. They can't have enough numbers to claim two roles to bury me, right?

Chief Rum stated that this is a standard werewolf game. Which I take to mean that our four good guy roles are all in play as good guys. If you accept that I'm the scout - and my posts over the last few days should be just littered with references on this talent discussion - then you factor in my play against Pass yesterday and the fact that I've won us games twice, then you can't possibly believe that I'm a wolf.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:04 AM   #935
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I just don't see a reason why Gonzo would fake reveal. And if he did it would be worth it for the seer to reveal.

Plus he has been dropping hints about me since day 2 so I am inclined to believe him.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:31 AM   #936
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I've also thought something was off with hoops and have said as much pretty consistently across the game. Since Gonzo is confirming a bias of mine I'll believe him .

Vote hoopsguy
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:40 AM   #937
path12
Coordinator

Jack Parkman believes that if Gonzo was not the seer, the real one would step up to counter. That has not happened, so Jack Parkman believes Gonzo.

Besides, Jack Parkman sees one big flaw in your "scout" reveal. There is NO WAY that Jack Parkman could be rated just 4th on this team. Jack Parkman is this team.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:43 AM   #938
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Also, just in case anyone is curious, apparently, as I think it's possible both hoops and Gonzo are telling the truth, I was scanned night 2 and got no PM to that effect either time.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:17 AM   #939
hoopsguy
General Manager

Path, if I'm not the real scout then the real scout would be able to step up and counter. I'm sorry that the information on you wasn't what you want to hear. However, I'm guessing that Pass would have ocme in 3rd, and that you are the best option left for step-it-ups after me that is left in the game.

I'll put my action out there again tonight, but if I'm lynched I won't get to use it. So I would suggest that you do the same and hopefully you are able to pull in a win this time around.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:23 AM   #940
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I just don't see a reason why Gonzo would fake reveal. And if he did it would be worth it for the seer to reveal.

Plus he has been dropping hints about me since day 2 so I am inclined to believe him.

The fact that there hasn't been a counter leads me to believe that either Gonzo was the seer or that the seer was converted last night. Based on his believing he was dead, I'm guessing he was the actual seer and misread his conversion PM.

He came out voting for Daddy Torgo, because that is what he was going to do as a villager and he now knew that DT is a villager. However, a couple of PMs with his fellow wolf (hope it isn't wolves at this point) turned his action towards the fake reveal. They knew there wouldn't be a counter-reveal - I'm a good guy, I'm not going to fake reveal as seer to counter - because they already had the seer converted.

They then get rid of a player (me) who played a big role in landing a wolf (see my trust list, my vote for Pass, not moving it, calling out his lie on Gonzo, etc) and a guy who has won multiple games. The one time I haven't put in an action to win a game we lost.

I'm concerned that the wolves started out with three and got a conversion, because this move doesn't make a lot of sense to me if it isn't an end-game scenario. With nine remaining, we should have a 7-2 edge. But if it is 6-3, and moves to 4-3 with a bad lynch + night kill then maybe they have a brutal wolf? Some extra action? I don't think we can count on this being a poorly calculated action, so they have to feel like they have the numbers for a tradeoff.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:35 AM   #941
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

could the seer be converted though? that seems like it'd be a real nasty blow
Old 08-10-2007, 09:41 AM   #942
hoopsguy
General Manager

DaddyT, conversion rules change from game to game but there have been plenty that allow any person to be converted.

The seer conversion is the only thing that makes sense to me in terms of an unchallenged seer claim against me when I'm a villager.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:42 AM   #943
hoopsguy
General Manager

Think about it - if I was a wolf, I would counter-claim seer right away and take my chances in a posting matchup with Gonzo. Given his somewhat erratic availability during the day, I would be fine taking my chances with that scenario.

What I would not do is claim another role, opening up an opportunity for someone else to challenge me. But that is exactly what I've done, because I am the villager with that role (Scout). And, based on where things sit right now you guys will learn that the hard way tonight.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:44 AM   #944
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

UNVOTE HOOPS

i'm not the tiebreaker vote or anything, so I feel okay doing that.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:49 AM   #945
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

VOTE GONZO

hoops makes sense with his posts, and it does make absolutely no sense for gonzo to vote for me after saying that hoops is a wolf. Smells a lot like some sort of endgame play "vote with me today on this person I havn't scanned and we can take care of the wolf I know tomorrow" only by that point we will have lost? or he'll get 2 kills out of his reveal at least.

I can also see gonzo as a potential conversion target...someone relatively new and not necessarily in the WW "Inner Circle," with somewhat erratic posts.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:52 AM   #946
Barkeep49
Coordinator

It does seem strange that Gonzo came out voting for soemone who was not a wolf. Do the time stamps match up with when CR likely sent out the PMs?

On the other hand, why would Gonzo be willing to sacrafice himself in a 1-1 at this point? If he's a converted seer why not just clear two villagers and a wolf and completely mess up the COT? Sure it would eventually come back to bite him but then the villagers would have to figure out who was a real wolf and who was a real villager and there would be enough confusion that the wolves would likely win.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:53 AM   #947
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

This is BS. The whole "DT faulty internet" thing went down after the deadline, which would mean that he could not have submitted a scan for me because of this. He would have had to wait for today. However, after voting initially for DT, after Rum has confirmed all PMs have been sent, he then changes his vote to me, the guy he supposedly scanned on Day 3.

It doesn't add up at all. If you want to lynch me for being alive on Day 4 in a game that is your choice, but if you are paying any attention to my play and the facts around Gonzo's seer reveal then you would realize that he is a wolf.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:56 AM   #948
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

sounds solid to me hoops. Good chance that is indeed the case. And it does explain your ridiculous fascination with games and rankings and all that stuff.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:57 AM   #949
hoopsguy
General Manager

Barkeep, I would prefer that someone else do the timeline post - starting with the fake reveal by Pass, up to the point where Gonzo comes after me - to remove the idea that I'm shaping the events in my favor. If no one else does, I'll put it out there but I'm clearly biased as the accused party.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:57 AM   #950
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

and ftr...i wasn't "caught out" with my faulty internet connection thing, because it's the truth. My wifi has been being very flakey, every so often I have to go upstairs and unplug the cable modem and router and reconnect. Unfortunately I usually don't realize that for like 10 minutes, I just assume I got kicked off the net for another reason.

lathum+gonzo for wolves? or do we thik lathum is good and is just pushing so hard for me still because he's a misguided villager?