Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-10-2005, 05:59 PM   #901
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

That was a whole lot of words to not answer my question. You know you don't have a good answer, so you go for obsfucation. Do you think if you make a longer response next time, people won't realize that you are still ignoring the question?
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 05:59 PM   #902
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Where did Airhog exonerate the Knights? At worst we are 6-3. With a mislynching of Brian and a killing, 4-3. After your lynching 4-2. You could also have a evil duke role(which could explain why you would put your neck on the line), which would put it at 3-3.

As long as we are looking at worst case scenarios .

That's a few to many if's for me to run with, but if you read into things enough you can break down any argument.

Last edited by jeff061 : 07-10-2005 at 05:59 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 06:00 PM   #903
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Odds won't be so important if you lose 2 people tonight. Whatever the odds, you'll have 10 ghosts.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:02 PM   #904
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

dola

This is the last lynching you can be reasonably sure is in your hands, and not that of the ghosts.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:02 PM   #905
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
Where did Airhog exonerate the Knights? At worst we are 6-3. With a mislynching of Brian and a killing, 4-3. After your lynching 4-2. You could also have a evil duke role(which could explain why you would put your neck on the line), which would put it at 3-3.

As long as we are looking at worst case scenarios .

That's a few to many if's for me to run with, but if you read into things enough you can break down any argument.

Tigercat begged Airhog to vote against Swaggs and Desnudo if they weren't knights. He voted BrianD.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:03 PM   #906
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Ghost form? I don't trust that.

Old 07-10-2005, 06:04 PM   #907
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
dola

This is the last lynching you can be reasonably sure is in your hands, and not that of the ghosts.

*chuckles*.. we're back to that again, huh Brian? Did you forget if Tigercat dies, they can't vote?

And if I was a wolf, and didn't kill Tigercat, and got someone else.. there'd be 2 more "good" ghost votes?

your foundation is quicksand (no, not the poster)

You keep running into that pothole.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:07 PM   #908
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Problem is we don't know how the ghost vote, whether they are good or not. It's maddening really(entertaining for some ), I just ignore them, I'll probably look like a fool for doing so once the truth comes out about how they function.

Old 07-10-2005, 06:08 PM   #909
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
*chuckles*.. we're back to that again, huh Brian? Did you forget if Tigercat dies, they can't vote?

And if I was a wolf, and didn't kill Tigercat, and got someone else.. there'd be 2 more "good" ghost votes?

your foundation is quicksand (no, not the poster)

You keep running into that pothole.

Once again you fail to answer my question. (I'm going to keep leading my posts with this until you do). Who did you try to watch over last night?

I also addressed the Tigercat situation. If you were a wolf and did kill Tigercat, you'd be the worst wolf ever (in addition to the worst doctor that you claim to be). You need the chaos of the ghosts. I think this will be the fourth time I've made this comment. Did you really miss it all three other times, or do you think you will gain points by constantly reversing my position in the same way?
Old 07-10-2005, 06:09 PM   #910
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Problem is we don't know how the ghost vote, whether they are good or not. It's maddening really(entertaining for some ), I just ignore them, I'll probably look like a fool for doing so once the truth comes out about how they function.

Because you don't know how they will vote, it is important to keep the power in your own hands. Vote the evil guy now before the ghosts take your power away.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:13 PM   #911
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Because you don't know how they will vote, it is important to keep the power in your own hands. Vote the evil guy now before the ghosts take your power away.

They already have voted for the evil guy, Brian. You.

Do you think Peregrine would set the game up to give RANDOM GHOSTS the power to make the decision with 7 to go? That seven players who worked hard to get to this vote, could possibly have a 6-1 decision overtaken by ghosts? You're not even California Dreaming, that's a pipe dream.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:20 PM   #912
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
They already have voted for the evil guy, Brian. You.

Do you think Peregrine would set the game up to give RANDOM GHOSTS the power to make the decision with 7 to go? That seven players who worked hard to get to this vote, could possibly have a 6-1 decision overtaken by ghosts? You're not even California Dreaming, that's a pipe dream.

And a number of them voted for you. And a number of them voted for Fonzie. That seems fairly random. Who knows what the ghosts are up to. Who knows what they are meant to be up to. What we do know is that you have shown more evil tendencies in this game than I have.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:20 PM   #913
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

dola

How long is it going to take Peregrine to wade through the 4-5 pages of posts we have created since he left?
Old 07-10-2005, 06:24 PM   #914
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And a number of them voted for you. And a number of them voted for Fonzie. That seems fairly random. Who knows what the ghosts are up to. Who knows what they are meant to be up to. What we do know is that you have shown more evil tendencies in this game than I have.

you're still grasping at straws, my friend. you're hoping somewhere, somehow, you can pull a miracle from your butt, It ain't going to happen. Not only will you go down tonight, if you are not the last bad guy.. Tigercat will show your role to the world. And we'll look back and say. "Man, that Wolf/Sorceror tried so hard to avoid it.. but we got the right person."

Nighty Night, Mr Brian.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:27 PM   #915
Fouts
College Starter

I appreciate that you're trying to save your neck, but I think we all believe you are the last werewolf trying to survive. I haven't seen anything over the last 19 pages showing me you are a villager. SirFozzie has shown me that he is one of us. Even if he is the sorceror, he can't win if we kill the last wolf. Just waiting on Peregrine, this has been a long 3 days.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 06:29 PM   #916
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Heh, 11 or so pages added to the thread while I was gone? You guys are out of hand!
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 06:33 PM   #917
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

An early decision was made Friday. The rest of the discussion from Friday night til now may very well be worthless after this lynching, we shall see .

Old 07-10-2005, 06:37 PM   #918
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
I appreciate that you're trying to save your neck, but I think we all believe you are the last werewolf trying to survive. I haven't seen anything over the last 19 pages showing me you are a villager. SirFozzie has shown me that he is one of us. Even if he is the sorceror, he can't win if we kill the last wolf. Just waiting on Peregrine, this has been a long 3 days.

If he was one of your, he wouldn't lie about being the doctor. If he isn't lying about being the doctor, he would have saved Lathum and/or Taz. At the very least, he should explain why he didn't. He allowed our two greates allies to die. How is that being one of us?
Old 07-10-2005, 06:41 PM   #919
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Actually, I think I have shown you that I am a villager. With the discussion of my dreams, watching over Tigercat after Lathum named him as important, then watching over Taz when he outted himself. I've explained everything in detail. I've put all my cards on the table. You can see the logic of my actions going all the way back to before Lathum was killed.

SirFozzie has shown all kinds of inconsistencies.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:42 PM   #920
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

That logic is all fluff though, since Tiger was never targeted and Taz was killed.

Old 07-10-2005, 06:44 PM   #921
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

dola

You all realize, of course, that everybody has come completely clean except for SirFozzie. He is the only one still keeping secrets. I wonder why that is?
Old 07-10-2005, 06:45 PM   #922
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
That logic is all fluff though, since Tiger was never targeted and Taz was killed.

And how is the logic of watching over Swaggs on night two, and apparently nobody on night three?
Old 07-10-2005, 06:46 PM   #923
Desnudo
Coordinator

I just finished wading through all the posts from Friday night on. Whew!

I haven't seen anything to change my mind, sorry Brian. With Tigercat's confirmation that Qwikshot was a member of the Dark Pact, three members have been eliminated. Him, NTNDeacon, and KingFC. If it was three vs. three knights, that means they are done and there really might just be one wolf remaining.

I would like to hear an explaination about Taz from SirFozzie though.

Last edited by Desnudo : 07-10-2005 at 06:47 PM.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 06:47 PM   #924
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Of course he's got issues with his story, everyone other than Tiger and Fonzie do. But he mentioned the dreams and he outed you. Even if it was just a ballsy bluff it's more to go on than what you have.

Old 07-10-2005, 06:48 PM   #925
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I said it previously. I dropped the ball. I screwed up. I'm human, it does happen..
Old 07-10-2005, 06:48 PM   #926
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo

Aside from me, you aren't the only other person to say that. Strange that you are willing to give him a pass even if he doesn't explain this obviously evil move.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:49 PM   #927
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Of course he's got issues with his story, everyone other than Tiger and Fonzie do. But he mentioned the dreams and he outed you. Even if it was just a ballsy bluff it's more to go on than what you have.

He outted me as the doctor. That should be a good thing for the villagers.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:49 PM   #928
Fouts
College Starter

Wouldn't it be something if Brian were the sorceror and the wolf is still out there? I don't want to think about that until after the lynching.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:49 PM   #929
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
I just finished wading through all the posts from Friday night on. Whew!

I haven't seen anything to change my mind, sorry Brian. With Tigercat's confirmation that Qwikshot was a member of the Dark Pact, three members have been eliminated. Him, NTNDeacon, and KingFC. If it was three vs. three knights, that means they are done and there really might just be one wolf remaining.

and if all the magicians have been eliminated, then Brian's theory that I was a sorceror in disguise, so that's why I got the villager dreams.. gets blown to bits! Just like every other theory you've come up with
Old 07-10-2005, 06:50 PM   #930
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I said it previously. I dropped the ball. I screwed up. I'm human, it does happen..

But what was your action and what was your reason. It is in these secrets that your true evilness lies.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:50 PM   #931
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

10 minutes, Brian, and then Game Over for you, pal
Old 07-10-2005, 06:51 PM   #932
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Wouldn't it be something if Brian were the sorceror and the wolf is still out there? I don't want to think about that until after the lynching.

Yeah, I didn't go into specifics but I covered these possible outcomes. If this was the case I'd take a long and hard look at Swaggs and Des. And everyone else would be looking at those two as well as Kwit and me. It'd be a mess.

Old 07-10-2005, 06:51 PM   #933
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
and if all the magicians have been eliminated, then Brian's theory that I was a sorceror in disguise, so that's why I got the villager dreams.. gets blown to bits! Just like every other theory you've come up with

We've had this discussion before too. The sorcerer is not a magician. The sorcerer is a villager who happens to be on the side of the wolves. You keep bringing up false arguments hoping that nobody will notice.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:54 PM   #934
Airhog
Captain Obvious

I vote BrianD

I had voted before, but didnt want the vote to get buried

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 06:54 PM   #935
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Let's hope the ghosts can see through your games in the next five minutes...
Old 07-10-2005, 06:54 PM   #936
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Let me say that reading through this thread has been very interesting. Lots of good stuff being thrown around, and definitely some things that I may need to alter before running this again.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:55 PM   #937
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I don't think a ghost would be worried about his vote getting buried if he did not want a specific outcome, and he is a knight....

Last edited by jeff061 : 07-10-2005 at 06:56 PM.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:57 PM   #938
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Let's hope the ghosts can see through your games in the next five minutes....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhog
I vote BrianD

I had voted before, but didnt want the vote to get buried

Old 07-10-2005, 06:57 PM   #939
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Obviously this one didn't...
Old 07-10-2005, 06:58 PM   #940
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
Let me say that reading through this thread has been very interesting. Lots of good stuff being thrown around, and definitely some things that I may need to alter before running this again.
I have some feedback I'd like to give after the game ends myself, but let me be the first congradulate you on another game well run as the 19 pages proves just how addicting the game can be.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 06:59 PM   #941
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Starts playing Page and Plant's "Gallows Pole" for Brian
Old 07-10-2005, 06:59 PM   #942
Fouts
College Starter

Yes, very fun. I hope to be able to play again.
Old 07-10-2005, 07:00 PM   #943
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Starts playing Page and Plant's "Gallows Pole" for Brian

I've always liked that song...
Old 07-10-2005, 07:10 PM   #944
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I hope I don't have to go through ten pages of posts to count all the votes, but I feel safe in saying that it's Brian by a healthy margin right now?
Old 07-10-2005, 07:11 PM   #945
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Correct.
Old 07-10-2005, 07:11 PM   #946
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, I think only a few of the ghosts voted otherwise.

Old 07-10-2005, 07:11 PM   #947
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
I hope I don't have to go through ten pages of posts to count all the votes, but I feel safe in saying that it's Brian by a healthy margin right now?

No, I think I'm in the clear.

It is probably at least 8-3 against me, or maybe more by now.
Old 07-10-2005, 07:16 PM   #948
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I think you had 10, Brian. Back on Page 16 it was 8-5-1, and while the ghost block switched my way (in their Ghostly Tides fashion), you picked up Swaggs and Fonzie.
Old 07-10-2005, 07:18 PM   #949
Fouts
College Starter

Hmm, imagine only ghosts being the majority (and only votes) to vote for 1 person to be lynched. How will they be able to lynch that person?
Old 07-10-2005, 07:20 PM   #950
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Hmm, imagine only ghosts being the majority (and only votes) to vote for 1 person to be lynched. How will they be able to lynch that person?

Yeah, ghosts can't be the only votes against a person, I don't think. Wouldn't really be fair, if the village doesn't want to lynch anyone then they would ignore the ghosts that time. Though the ghosts all voting for someone could indicate he is suspicious, or just that the ghosts don't like him.