Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-16-2013, 03:05 PM   #901
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
Quickness a little over-valued? This dude is a stud across the board, but he is a 73 in quickness and is O/Y. If I edit his quickness to 80 (merely 7 pt difference), he skyrockets to G/B. But leaving as is, he's considered a dud.

I'm working on the overall player ratings some more. That was one of the bigger things to take away from Quik's last post and should help the cpu teams evaluate players better.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:17 PM   #902
korme
Go Reds

Cool. I manually controlled my team's lineup the next season (usually play just as GM), and started him, and he put in 40 MPG and 33 PPG on a way to MVP and MIP, despite the 'lacking' quickness rating and being an orange guy.

Last edited by korme : 05-16-2013 at 03:18 PM.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:20 PM   #903
korme
Go Reds

Granted, I understand that quickness can elevate a player beyond his skills - the quickest players in the league are some of the best (Rose, Westbrook, Lawson especially)... but still there are some slower guards who are shifty and just as effective - the Ginobilis, Roys (RIP) and Pierces.

It's a tough thing to tackle, but I'm glad you're digging at it.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:45 PM   #904
Groundhog
Coordinator

A few things after many years of FBCB-draft classes:

1) Bigs seem in general too over-powered as rookies - in particular high INS and DREB ratings. Most years you can pick up a yellow or green guy just about anywhere in the first round capable of putting up a double-double as a rookie. Most of the drafts in general are weighted towards PFs/Cs, but I think the quickness point that korme raises above may correct this some by raising the profile of other positions, but I think having bigs start a little more raw with more busts would be more realistic too.

2) There is some variance, but I think in general bigs are picking up too many fouls still. A lot of guys averaging over 30mpg also picking up over 4 fouls a night. I think this may tie in with the above point however, as there are a lot of bigs getting 30+ minutes due to the high INS/REB ratings, so it may not actually be the fouling that is the issue, as there are a lot of bigs in the NBA who foul too much, but just don’t get the minutes needed to foul out on a consistent basis.

3) Rebounding numbers for PGs can get a little crazy sometimes. The odd guy is no issue, but I think it happens a little too frequently in FBPB3 IMO.

4) In the 2000s era I think overall rebounding leader numbers are low, and blocks are high. In 2014 the block leader is a touch over 5 a game, and there’s two others above 4.

I generally check out the top teams at the end of each season and look at the roster makeup, and I like the fact that the best teams aren’t necessarily the ones loaded with blues and green. In my current dynasty the Grizzlies just won 3 championships in a row with a blue/blue SF, a green/green PG, and a bunch of yellows.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:38 PM   #905
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Question with regards to the historical database. Let's say you make a league but you only want players from 1979 and up in the mix. If I go into -> tools _> historical database and start deleting players pre 1978 is that for just this league or is this playing with my database for the game?
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:47 PM   #906
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

******************************************************************************************************************
Version 3.0.14: http://www.fbbgames.com/FBPB3Update3014.exe
******************************************************************************************************************
Fixes:
*Dispersal draft should be used if enabled when finances are off.
*Fixed error 9 that could occur on the HoF screen if you selected a season that had no HoF inductees for the selected league.
*FBB2001 Import: Fixed issue that would cause draft order to be empty in year 3 after import.
*FBB2001 Import: Draft pick trade values should not be 0 after import.
*Should not receive email about bird rights if you have no players with bird rights.
*Draft picks should be properly assigned for leagues that start after the first year of play.
*Projected draft order should display for leagues in their first year of play.
*Updated code to handle seasons where certain stats are not availble as intended.
*Fixed error 9 that could occur in current league editor due to team being assigned to a division that no longer exists.
*Steal margin and Rebound margin should display correctly in team roster html.

Changes:
*Save importer now imports FBBSE/STB saves as well.
*Arena proposals will be processed during the end season process instead of during training camps.
*Importing saves from previous versions will now always go to the offseason period instead of free agency. This allows for league and rule editing after the import. If the draft has already been run it will be skipped after the import. If draft has not yet been run the draft lottery will be redone.
*Added story date to the print screen output for league news.
*Team history will only show a playoff seed if the team was in the playoffs. Otherwise it will be blank.
*Head coach skills are more important in training/coaching than assistants
*Possible for historical players to import with more than 100 ability in certain skills.
*FBB2001 Import: added team record for each season to the individual team history section.
*FBB2001 Import: Total record vs each team is now imported to team history section.
*FBB2001 Import: Trophy case is created during import.
*Injury notification settings will now determine whether you will be required to remove an injured starter from the depth chart.
*Adjusted overall player ratings to focus on more important skills at each position.
*Teams should be less willing to trade future picks.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:51 PM   #907
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
Question with regards to the historical database. Let's say you make a league but you only want players from 1979 and up in the mix. If I go into -> tools _> historical database and start deleting players pre 1978 is that for just this league or is this playing with my database for the game?

If you delete players from the file, they are deleted from the DB permanently. I'm assuming you're looking to do random debut with only players from 1979+. Suppose I could probably send you a version with everyone pre 1979 wiped if that is what you're trying to do. There isn't a way to set that limit in game and it would take way too long to do manually.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:59 PM   #908
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyReign View Post
If you delete players from the file, they are deleted from the DB permanently. I'm assuming you're looking to do random debut with only players from 1979+. Suppose I could probably send you a version with everyone pre 1979 wiped if that is what you're trying to do. There isn't a way to set that limit in game and it would take way too long to do manually.

Let me run it by the league and see what they want to do. Don't want you to go through all that trouble for nothing. It's just when I think most people remember basketball "starting". Decided to try to work on a relegation league now for my solo play.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:44 AM   #909
yeah826
High School JV

Rookie draft for the ABA and dispersal draft is set to No still.

I usually go through the 1961 nba season first just to check if the stats hold up since this was the season where most statistical anomaly happen previously Wilt was getting 50 ppg with 100 ins I notice now he is getting 62 ppg on 130 ins.(Not really a big deal if your run a fast sim from 1946 till presents numbers work out better)

I know I keep bringing this up but players are not showing up on there respective teams Texas Chapparals and The Floridians I check 1970. I reinstalled the game and updated the patch. There might be more teams with this problem these are just the ones that I keep noticing.

The rosters are below attached

Then when I tried to change the abbreviation of these teams to match the abbreviation of the players in the historical database the teams disappear from the database.

Last edited by yeah826 : 06-08-2019 at 03:54 PM.
yeah826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:36 AM   #910
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Use the full install from here: http://www.fbbgames.com/FBPB3Setup.exe
I'll get Arlie to update the one on the Greydog site as well. Dispersal draft isn't enabled by default because I found no evidence of them using one other than during the merger.

Last edited by HeavyReign : 05-17-2013 at 03:40 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:54 AM   #911
yeah826
High School JV

Downloaded it the file works thanks!! I notice a lot of players get hurt after the first game usually pretty serious injuries.

Also Groundhog I believe that the team file mod my need to be updated to account for the changes

Last edited by yeah826 : 05-17-2013 at 04:15 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #912
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

edited... made a mistake in testing the game

Last edited by murrayyyyy : 05-17-2013 at 01:58 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:55 AM   #913
korme
Go Reds

Quote:

That's the game's DB. Don't delete people.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:29 AM   #914
korme
Go Reds

Downloaded the update, load my franchise, and my team is stacked. Good thing I signed all those low quickness/strength guys

Seeing a lot of players go from orange or yellow to green now. Any decreases anywhere or should I just be prepared for a more deeply rated league?
Old 05-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #915
korme
Go Reds

Small quibble. Could 'Team Leaders' on the Team History screen maybe have a small qualifier? My team leader for one year in PPG is a guy I signed at the end of the year and played 4 games for us.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:21 PM   #916
korme
Go Reds

Wish there was a way to search for a certain player on the trade screen. For instance, I am in need of a SF with a high PerD rating, don't know the best way to do this without going into the editor.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:20 PM   #917
sabotai
General Manager

How does importing drafts from the college game work with tiered leagues? What would happen if I set them all to "rookie draft enabled"?
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:23 PM   #918
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
How does importing drafts from the college game work with tiered leagues? What would happen if I set them all to "rookie draft enabled"?

I think he posted earlier that you can only have them feed to the top league. Undrafteds hit FA and would presumably filter downward.

I think you'd have to set the other leagues to pull from a different file? Not even sure if it's possible, never tried it. But good question.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #919
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Wish there was a way to search for a certain player on the trade screen. For instance, I am in need of a SF with a high PerD rating, don't know the best way to do this without going into the editor.

+1

a general expanded player search would be neat. Not just searching by attributes but also by stats would be great.

Also as a rather tall wish i´d like to have the option to play with "limited ratings". DDSPB has thatb neat option where you don´t see any ratings but only scout reports and stats to judge on. Obviously adding scout reports is far fetched (future version maybe ?), but maybe getting just the overall rating (the colour system) and otherwise relying on stats ?
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:53 PM   #920
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
I think he posted earlier that you can only have them feed to the top league. Undrafteds hit FA and would presumably filter downward.

I think you'd have to set the other leagues to pull from a different file? Not even sure if it's possible, never tried it. But good question.

Ok. I was going to just set the top league to have a draft anyway, but was just curious as to what would happen.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:55 PM   #921
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Small request - it'd be nice to be able to offer the Head Coaching job to a current Assistant Coach on staff; right now it seems you have to fire him in order to then offer him at a new position.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:56 PM   #922
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyReign View Post
*Adjusted overall player ratings to focus on more important skills at each position.
*Teams should be less willing to trade future picks.

QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:01 PM   #923
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
Small request - it'd be nice to be able to offer the Head Coaching job to a current Assistant Coach on staff; right now it seems you have to fire him in order to then offer him at a new position.

I'd like this in FBCB for that matter. #wrongthread #sorry

Last edited by Young Drachma : 05-17-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:47 AM   #924
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Downloaded the update, load my franchise, and my team is stacked. Good thing I signed all those low quickness/strength guys

Seeing a lot of players go from orange or yellow to green now. Any decreases anywhere or should I just be prepared for a more deeply rated league?

I tried to do this without raising the average rating. Comparing my test league the average rating actually fell a couple points on most positions. Hopefully this means the computer will be more likely to target the players that you are targeting.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:49 AM   #925
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:

I've wanted to expand the search screen available under tools to include more options including a button that would take you straight to the trade window with a trade for the selected player set up. I just haven't got to it.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:52 AM   #926
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post

Tiered leagues are each going to get their own draft pool the way the code works right now. It would be my goal to have them share but this is one of the things I didn't get to yet.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:56 AM   #927
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Also as a rather tall wish i´d like to have the option to play with "limited ratings". DDSPB has thatb neat option where you don´t see any ratings but only scout reports and stats to judge on. Obviously adding scout reports is far fetched (future version maybe ?), but maybe getting just the overall rating (the colour system) and otherwise relying on stats ?

Actually wouldn't be that tough to set up the display side of it. Certain screens would benefit from being able to view the previous seasons stats but I'm not sure when I'd be able to get to that part of it.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:57 AM   #928
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:

I'll add that to my notes for when I do the staff update.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:00 AM   #929
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post

Hopefully it was a good step. I like the setup on the ratings better now and it should get help computer teams value players better. The draft pick update might need more adjustment so we'll see how it plays out.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:01 AM   #930
KingofOldSchool
n00b

Is there a possibility you can add instant signings or quick negotiations for free agents during the season besides minimum salary guys? When injuries start piling up, it's difficult to be able to advance forward without resorting to signing scrubs just to meet the 8 men requirement.
KingofOldSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:16 AM   #931
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofOldSchool View Post
Is there a possibility you can add instant signings or quick negotiations for free agents during the season besides minimum salary guys? When injuries start piling up, it's difficult to be able to advance forward without resorting to signing scrubs just to meet the 8 men requirement.

Yeah, that does seem like it is probably needed.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:29 AM   #932
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofOldSchool View Post

With a 15 man roster? I've never had this issue.. wow damn!
Old 05-18-2013, 03:38 PM   #933
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Ran into an odd situation last night. I installed the 3.0.14 update and resumed my historical league that was in progress. I was at the start of the 1950 season. Everything was normal, but midway through the season, Milwaukee changed from being in the West Conference to the East Conference.

Now, I had just looked at Milwaukee through the Current League Editor - I was looking to see if there was an option to change the text for them to black instead of white, but no such luck. I'm pretty sure there's no way I manually shifted the conference - I didn't click anything.

But after noticing they'd shifted, I went back into the Editor to see if I could manually shift them back, but I couldn't find a way to do so.

Not a big deal, I'm pretty sure the schedules weren't messed-up, and the Hawks were awful so it didn't impact the playoff seedings.

The next odd thing is when I hit "End Season", it appears my existing teams.csv files were overwritten - all of my custom color settings and logo assignments are gone. Not a big deal as I have them saved elsewhere, but I'm wondering if there's something I need to adjust to my custom teams files - I recall there being some mention earlier in the thread of some of the ABA team files being wrong?
Old 05-18-2013, 04:26 PM   #934
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Dola - I guess it's more of a pain in the butt than I figured - looks like I have to manually change the team files now (presumably each offseason?) to get my custom colors and logos back.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:49 PM   #935
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Ran into an odd situation last night. I installed the 3.0.14 update and resumed my historical league that was in progress. I was at the start of the 1950 season. Everything was normal, but midway through the season, Milwaukee changed from being in the West Conference to the East Conference.

Now, I had just looked at Milwaukee through the Current League Editor - I was looking to see if there was an option to change the text for them to black instead of white, but no such luck. I'm pretty sure there's no way I manually shifted the conference - I didn't click anything.

But after noticing they'd shifted, I went back into the Editor to see if I could manually shift them back, but I couldn't find a way to do so.

Not a big deal, I'm pretty sure the schedules weren't messed-up, and the Hawks were awful so it didn't impact the playoff seedings.

The next odd thing is when I hit "End Season", it appears my existing teams.csv files were overwritten - all of my custom color settings and logo assignments are gone. Not a big deal as I have them saved elsewhere, but I'm wondering if there's something I need to adjust to my custom teams files - I recall there being some mention earlier in the thread of some of the ABA team files being wrong?

In historical play, the game would update the team colors each year from the csv files. It shouldn't change the data in the files. If you ran the full install it would update them however.

I can recreate the issue that changed their division so it is now fixed.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:34 PM   #936
yeah826
High School JV

Bug Report
Hey I noticed during my fast sim of the historical league that the game generates fictional players that are way to good that show up when they are not suppose to exist at all. I uploaded a player who I have found by example Lemuel Wilson he doesnt exist I tried to look him up. I assume he came from the ABA last draft class that would have been filled with fictional players since that is the last ABA season.

Also I notice during the DLeague draft the same player keeps getting drafted over and over again look for edmond lipscomb He ended up going to the last team that drafted him. The photos are attatched.

Last edited by yeah826 : 06-08-2019 at 03:54 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:30 AM   #937
yeah826
High School JV

I think the player weight gain on this game may be a bit too much should be more based on body type than any thing for example I watch as Kareem Abdul Jabbar come into the league as a 225 pound center and now he retired as a 302 pound center and I dont think it would be possible to gain that much weight.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:09 AM   #938
Comey
College Starter

Oh...it's possible.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:28 AM   #939
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Been awhile since I've dealt with elicense but does one have to unlicense if they want to uninstall\reinstall on the same machine? IIRC as long as on same machine it isn't necessary but wanted to be sure, thanks.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:12 AM   #940
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
does one have to unlicense if they want to uninstall\reinstall on the same machine?

No.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:28 AM   #941
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
No.

Thank you.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:48 PM   #942
Groundhog
Coordinator

I have come up with an excel spreadsheet that I used to generate a fake pro league - starting with 8 teams in 1946 and randomly expanding, contracting, and relocating itself through to 32 teams in 2010. I'm hoping to automate it so it would generate an entire fantasy league in one click, and once that is done I'll stick it up on my site... The idea is to have it generate mascot names, arena details, etc. Right now its very manual - ie. have to manually create csv files for all the teams based on generated data.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:55 PM   #943
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I have come up with an excel spreadsheet that I used to generate a fake pro league - starting with 8 teams in 1946 and randomly expanding, contracting, and relocating itself through to 32 teams in 2010. I'm hoping to automate it so it would generate an entire fantasy league in one click, and once that is done I'll stick it up on my site... The idea is to have it generate mascot names, arena details, etc. Right now its very manual - ie. have to manually create csv files for all the teams based on generated data.
Very cool! I was planning on manually doing this in my next career, but I'm interested to see the parameters of your spreadsheet.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:02 PM   #944
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Could it be possible for the all-star activites to list the team the player's who participate play for. Like the dunk contest and the three point contest news section?
Old 05-20-2013, 07:11 PM   #945
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Was just doing a sim and the human team jumped from 6 to 5 in the lottery and I can't figure out why...

2014 Draft Lottery: Original Order

Pick Team W / L
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.Las Vegas Silver Miners 20-40
2.Kansas City Comets 23-37
3.Detroit Slaughterhouse 24-36
4.Philadelphia Pirates 27-33
5.Miami Sharks 28-32
6.Seattle Sasquatch 28-32
7.*New York Empire 29-31
8.*Montreal Monarchs 35-25
9.*Mexico City Aztecas 38-22
10.*Los Angeles Angels 48-12

2014 Draft Lottery: Lottery Order

Pick Team W / L
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.Kansas City Comets 23-37
2.Philadelphia Pirates 27-33
3.Detroit Slaughterhouse 24-36
4.Las Vegas Silver Miners 20-40
5.Seattle Sasquatch 28-32
6.Miami Sharks 28-32
7.*New York Empire 29-31
8.*Montreal Monarchs 35-25
9.*Mexico City Aztecas 38-22
10.*Los Angeles Angels 48-12
11.Las Vegas Silver Miners 20-40
12.Kansas City Comets 23-37
13.Detroit Slaughterhouse 24-36
14.Philadelphia Pirates 27-33
15.Seattle Sasquatch 28-32
16.Miami Sharks 28-32
17.*New York Empire 29-31
18.*Montreal Monarchs 35-25
19.*Mexico City Aztecas 38-22
20.*Los Angeles Angels 48-12
Old 05-20-2013, 09:47 PM   #946
nol
Banned

In real life, there's a coin flip to determine lottery position for teams with identical records (Golden State won a coin toss last year that gave them increased odds of keeping their protected pick and ultimately landing Harrison Barnes), so maybe that takes place in the lottery stage in-game. However, I remember an FBCB season I played long ago where my team was awarded the conference championship and the #1 seed in the conference tournament despite having lost twice to a team with an identical conference record, so it's worth checking to make sure it's not a "tie goes to the human team" kind of thing.

Last edited by nol : 05-20-2013 at 09:48 PM.
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:28 PM   #947
korme
Go Reds

Had a guy win MIP in his first season in the NBA - played 2 seasons overseas prior to that.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:35 PM   #948
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

My defenses seem to underperform given my players attributes. Can someone give me a rundown on the pros and cons of each defense and if they have a basic defense that they like to build their players around?
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:42 PM   #949
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastWhiteSoxFanStanding View Post
My defenses seem to underperform given my players attributes. Can someone give me a rundown on the pros and cons of each defense and if they have a basic defense that they like to build their players around?
I don't feel like I have a good handle on this either; I tend to follow the recommended defenses, though I do tinker some with the amounts (by default, recommend will put both options at '10'). If they seem to be performing poorly over the course of a season, I may experiment with some other settings to see if I notice an improvement that's more significant than just plain luck or a fluke.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:26 AM   #950
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Could it be possible for the all-star activites to list the team the player's who participate play for. Like the dunk contest and the three point contest news section?

Sure