Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #9901
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

It's like the salad bar at a grocery store - except there, you can weigh it as you go so you have an idea of what it's going to cost. Here, you weigh it when you pay.

THe bottom line for me is - there's a reason they won't put the ounces on the cups. They want you to fill it up without thinking about how much you are getting. I just find the entire thing to be a shitty business model and refuse to go to those places.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:32 PM   #9902
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
THe bottom line for me is - there's a reason they won't put the ounces on the cups. They want you to fill it up without thinking about how much you are getting. I just find the entire thing to be a shitty business model and refuse to go to those places.

Just curious ... do you harbor the same grudge against Chinese buffets that sell to-go by the pound? I've never seen their containers indicate a weight either, nor any indication of how much they'll hold. (Again, in part because different shit weighs different amounts)
Old 09-25-2012, 04:32 PM   #9903
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Actually I believe the core of their business plan is selling frozen yogurt to people who really don't give a shit what it costs, just so long as they like it.

I don't eat a lot of fro-yo or ice cream, but my wife and I each got a bowl at the place we went to and it cost around $9. I have a hard time comparing it to what we might have paid elsewhere based on the similar volume of fro-yo, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it weren't quite a bit more expensive.

That said, with the magic I can create with their toppings and fro-yo, shit's worth a visit every now and then.

Also, their model, the whole weighing thing, isn't too terribly different from various salad bar or cafeteria-style places that do the same.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #9904
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Just curious ... do you harbor the same grudge against Chinese buffets that sell to-go by the pound? I've never seen their containers indicate a weight either, nor any indication of how much they'll hold. (Again, in part because different shit weighs different amounts)

I always feel like I get screwed at those places, because it seems that I tend to like denser foods for some reason.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:35 PM   #9905
stevew
Hall Of Famer

"Cold Stone" refers to where you get raped on. we don't even have a full one. It's a combo Tim Hortons yet it costs exactly the same and they don't sing.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:23 PM   #9906
cuervo72
Head Coach

Screw all those places. I'll get a quart and a half* for $3 ($2 if it's the house brand that's on sale).

* though I am still a little peeved that sizes have gone from 2, to 1.75, and now to 1.5, outside of Blue Bunny which is still 1.75.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:30 PM   #9907
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Yeah...1.5 quarts is such a rip.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:34 PM   #9908
MrBug708
Head Coach

MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:36 PM   #9909
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Headline reads "Ahmadinejad pushes new world order" ... and the first thing I think of is "Oh my God, that's Hulk Hogan !"

I could totally see Eric Bischoff as an Iranian henchman
Old 09-26-2012, 07:30 AM   #9910
Ksyrup

Quote:

I have never eaten at one. I've never eaten the grocery store salad bar take-out either, but I know they have a scale right there so you can figure out how much you are spending as you go.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 09-26-2012, 08:46 AM   #9911
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I woke up this morning, looked outside and wanted to turn around and get back into bed. I have a seething anger this morning and I do not know what to attribute it to..
Old 09-26-2012, 08:48 AM   #9912
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
I woke up this morning, looked outside and wanted to turn around and get back into bed. I have a seething anger this morning and I do not know what to attribute it to..

Did you watch MNF by chance? That seems to be doing it for some folks.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:53 AM   #9913
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Did you watch MNF by chance? That seems to be doing it for some folks.

No, I caught the middle of it, fell asleep before the hail mary debacle. Woke up the next morning and that someone had shot someone in the game with the amount of ZOMGYOUSEEWHATHAPPENEDINMNFGAME that was all over FB.

I don't know....if there was a Teddy Ruxpin doll nearby, I would punch it...because I don't like talking teddy bears...

Last edited by MacroGuru : 09-26-2012 at 09:27 AM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:01 AM   #9914
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
It's like the salad bar at a grocery store - except there, you can weigh it as you go so you have an idea of what it's going to cost. Here, you weigh it when you pay.

Have you asked if you could weigh it as you go? There's a bazillion of these places around here -- the first one I went to, they told me how big each of the two cups were (16 oz. and 32 oz. IIRC), and I haven't thought about asking at any of the other places. I'm surprised that they refuse to tell you how big the cup is, but maybe they want to avoid confusion with the units, where a customer will fill it up, and assume it weighs exactly 16 ounces (essentially what Jon was saying, but adding in the idea that "ounces" has two different meanings here). I've never asked to weigh my cup as I go, but I'd imagine they'd let me if I wanted to, so my hunch is that the place you go to is simply run by jerks.

I'm with HB -- it's always bugged me that you have to pay X cents for each additional topping, when the cup is the same size. At a place like this, I can add a little bit of 5-10 toppings in each cup, and I'm living the dream.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:14 AM   #9915
Ksyrup

I think it's pretty obvious why they've set up their businesses the way they have. I've only been to one of these places twice and vowed I'd never go back. The only way to weigh the cup is to go stand in line at the check-out counter, which is usually 3-10 people deep. So no, I don't think that's really a viable option.

I don't use toppings. I just assumed those were mainly for kids, who don't think anything of scooping a bag full of M&Ms on top of their yogurt. I imagine the price per normal serving of toppings like M&Ms is probably at least 10 times more than it would cost you to buy them ina bag and dump them on the yogurt yourself.

Eh...I just don't like getting ripped off, and not only are those places rip-offs, they are designed as rip-offs, which is what really irks me. BUt I guess I'm in the minority who objects to the Starbucks-itization of every consumable product out there. And that's all this is. TCBY used to charge $3 for X ounces of frozen yogurt. Now we can get people to spend twice that much by giving them unmarked large cups and charge them by the pound for as much dense candy as they want to shovel on top - costing the customer 2-3 times what a normal topping would cost. And hey, come sit on our bright orange hipster couches while you eat.

I guess I have to give them credit for getting the majority of people to accept paying as much for dessert as they do for a fast food dinner.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:31 AM   #9916
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Sometimes I wonder if people on here treat their friends/family the same way they treat their fellow FOFC'ers.

For example:

A friend/family member brings some piece of information they found interesting to FOFCmemberX's attention. Do they...call them an idiot before their Friend/family member has a chance to explain what they found interesting? Do they...immediately ostracize them and laugh while doing it? Do they...call them whatever other name they can come up with and then walk away without a second thought?

Or...

Would they look over the information brought to them, and then ask their friend/family member what they found interesting? Would they present additional information that debunks what was just brought to them in an intelligent and thoughtful manner? Would they withhold judgement until their friend/family member got their opinion across?

Just a completely random thought.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 09-26-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:34 AM   #9917
Passacaglia
Coordinator

You don't use toppings, others do. So, yeah, maybe it's not up your alley. Although, you've seen at least two people who want this exact thing, and can go to the place without spending too much (granted, my kids aren't old enough to serve themselves, so that will be a different story down the road). And I didn't mention mixing the flavors of yogurt themselves, as well. You can mix 2 or 3, and it's no big deal. Mixing a bunch of flavors together (either through toppings or the yogurt itself) is a big draw for me -- for example, I just made an apple blueberry banana pie a couple nights ago (by the way, those places serve fruit toppings, too).
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:35 AM   #9918
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't use toppings. I just assumed those were mainly for kids

Oh heavens no. Kids will go with classic sprinkles & maybe a few M&M's. Adults are the ones who typically do 9 different add-ons and end up with more crumbs, pieces and scoops than yogurt.

Quote:
TCBY used to charge $3 for X ounces of frozen yogurt.

And they ended up in bankruptcy court.

Reborn in 2010 in the image of the mom & pop's who have been thriving with the new pay-as-you-gorge model, they're recovering reasonably well even in today's dead economy and have gotten back up to over 500 locations (from their peak of over 1,500 in the mid 90's)

Quote:
I guess I have to give them credit for getting the majority of people to accept paying as much for dessert as they do for a fast food dinner.

A fair part of their business seems to be from people who are eating their concoction as dinner. And, at least locally, the majority of the rest comes from the popularity with teens & tweens (I still cannot believe the amount of Frogurt consumed by girls between the ages of 10-15) as well as 18-24's; i.e. the college kids.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:37 AM   #9919
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post

So beating you with a bat in your sleep worked. *rubs hands together*

"Eexccelent"
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:40 AM   #9920
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Sometimes I wonder if people on here treat their friends/family the same way they treat their fellow FOFC'ers.

It depends.

To borrow from the wording of your example, it depends upon how idiotic the piece of information presented by the family member is.

Idiocy really isn't lessened by the identity of the bearer. And at times, it's actually even more offensive when presented by a friend/family member, I think subconsciously I hope they'd be smarter than a random person on the internet.

Well, I probably just hope that's the case, rationally I know better than to think/believe that.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:43 AM   #9921
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
You don't use toppings, others do. So, yeah, maybe it's not up your alley. Although, you've seen at least two people who want this exact thing, and can go to the place without spending too much (granted, my kids aren't old enough to serve themselves, so that will be a different story down the road). And I didn't mention mixing the flavors of yogurt themselves, as well. You can mix 2 or 3, and it's no big deal. Mixing a bunch of flavors together (either through toppings or the yogurt itself) is a big draw for me -- for example, I just made an apple blueberry banana pie a couple nights ago (by the way, those places serve fruit toppings, too).

Ya, I walk down to the Aspen Yogurt from work every few weeks or so, and I get a big delicious thing of yogurt with toppings for for $8. I guess I could get roughly the same thing for $5 if I went to TCBY, and then the grocery store, but I'm not doing that.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:46 AM   #9922
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I understand what you're saying, but I think each case deserves to be treated differently. If someone came to you saying that they thought everyone walking around was really an alien from the planet Jimmyjam, then...maybe I'd have an odd reaction too. However, if someone were to come to you and say "hey, I don't even believe in aliens, or that a planet Jimmyjam exists, but I am wondering what your thoughts on other planets existing are." I imagine you'd have a different reaction.

Eh?
Old 09-26-2012, 10:49 AM   #9923
Ksyrup

Quote:
Oh heavens no. Kids will go with classic sprinkles & maybe a few M&M's. Adults are the ones who typically do 9 different add-ons and end up with more crumbs, pieces and scoops than yogurt.

I must live on a different planet.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:52 AM   #9924
molson
General Manager

Quote:
I understand what you're saying, but I think each case deserves to be treated differently. If someone came to you saying that they thought everyone walking around was really an alien from the planet Jimmyjam, then...maybe I'd have an odd reaction too. However, if someone were to come to you and say "hey, I don't even believe in aliens, or that a planet Jimmyjam exists, but I am wondering what your thoughts on other planets existing are." I imagine you'd have a different reaction.

Eh?

Depending on the person, and the content, it doesn't always seem sincere when they try that second approach. If I had an old uncle who I knew to be anti-Semitic, and at dinner he said, "hey, you know, I was reading this really interesting article about how a lot of scientists think the Holocaust didn't really happen. I found it interesting, that's all, why don't you check it out and tell me what you think", it comes across a certain way. He's clearly not presenting that as a neutral statement for us all to check out and share our ideas. He's peddling hate and nonsense, despite the tortured tone.

Edit: And to be more specific, when you try to use that tone to post about God/religion, or the United States, everyone sees what your agenda is based on your prior posted opinions about those topics, and your prior use of that technique to try get your opinions about those things in front of people without stating them as your own.

Last edited by molson : 09-26-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:56 AM   #9925
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:

Eh?

Right but if it was grounded in reality say a relative who was a holocaust denier, I'd call them an idiot.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:57 AM   #9926
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Eh?

That seems to be a different scenario than the one I drew from the original question. (And it's totally possible the difference lies entirely with interpretation error on my part)

Generally speaking a reasonable question deserves a reasonable answer afaic. Now the definition of "reasonable answer" has a pretty wide range, not everything is worthy of (or even demanding of) a detailed thoughtful response; i.e. there's some shit that's just so dumb that it warrants a terse/pointed/wiseass reply.

Using the Jimmyjam example, I don't necessarily see a problem with a response along the lines of "My thoughts? I think anybody who believes that about Jimmyjam belongs on a funny farm under heavy medication". It isn't the only answer possible but it's a fair enough option if that accurately summarizes your thoughts on the subject (which is what was requested). And there's a pretty big difference between responding with disdain for the question (if you find it ludicrous enough) and calling the person before you an outright idiot for asking. That's a distinction that may be lost on some folks I suppose.

Thing is though, with the description you've used in this reply, I don't know how often I see legitimate questions on FOFC get the user completely torched. The question may get a flippant wiseass shorthand reply, but
with so many regulars here, shorthand isn't all that unreasonable as a starting point for a reply IMO.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:00 AM   #9927
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
everyone assumes what your agenda is based on their opinions regarding prior posted opinions about those topics...

Fixed.

I'm also happy to have you quote me, or find any thread where I did anything near what you're saying.

K thx.

If someone specifically says they don't believe X to be true, and your response is "yes you do!" then...well I don't think I need to finish that sentence.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:03 AM   #9928
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Jim, thanks for the quality, intelligent, well thought-out response.

I can't help but chuckle at the irony of the Holocaust example from someone else...you know...being Jewish and all.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:23 AM   #9929
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Fixed.

I'm also happy to have you quote me, or find any thread where I did anything near what you're saying.

K thx.

If someone specifically says they don't believe X to be true, and your response is "yes you do!" then...well I don't think I need to finish that sentence.

Well, this is most notable one:

Interesting "Is There a God?" Article from Comedian Ricky Gervais - Front Office Football Central

This one was a little more subtle (but people certainly saw it as your continued schtick of trying to stir the pot, though you denied it)

Question about God/s... - Front Office Football Central

Now, maybe this is your your style of speaking/posting and you're being sincere that you have no opinions on these things, or the Truther thing, and you're just posting neutrally for the purpose of open discussion. But it doesn't come off as sincere, and most posters don't buy it. Most people who aren't Truthers, or who aren't Atheists, wouldn't start threads posting "interesting" Truther or Atheist commentary. May that's just your style. But it seems more like you're just unwilling to state your positions on those things, for whatever reason.

And I could be wrong on this one, but I'll take your word for it - haven't you posted that you refuse to stand for the national anthem at baseball games and that you deplore patriotism generally?

Last edited by molson : 09-26-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:30 AM   #9930
molson
General Manager

Quote:
I can't help but chuckle at the irony of the Holocaust example from someone else...you know...being Jewish and all.

Ya, you bring that up a lot after posting atheism commentary, or after posting atheist jokes in the cartoon thread.

You never really clarify though - are you Jewish solely in a cultural and/or family sense? I believe Jewish identity is based on bloodline (an atheist jew is still a jew). Or do you believe in the religious tenets of Judaism as well?
Old 09-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #9931
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

My stance on God/s is constantly evolving (no pun intended). I'm not particularly religious either, despite my Jewish ethnicity, but I don't hold judgement against folks who are. *edit* My mothers side is Jewish, so yes, I'm Jewish by blood. My Mother claimed citizenship in Israel when she was younger, and even served in the Israeli MP...or something along those lines. My Grandfather, a man I looked up to more than any other man I've even known in real life, served in the Navy during WWII as a Jew.

My father is religious...very much so in fact. He says finding God was the catalyst to him kicking drugs/alcohol after 30 years of addiction. I'm happy for him, and while I don't believe what he believes, I don't think any less of him.

Before yesterday, I had no idea what the hell a "truther" was, or that there were pockets of people that believed there was some conspiracy behind 9/11, or the moon landing, or...whatever the hell else was thrown at me in that thread. I saw a video on Facebook that said it was from PBS, I watched it, 90% of it sounded like bullshit, but 10% of it sounded plausible (bombs being placed in the towers before-hand). I figure, hey, maybe there were two groups of terrorists working together...one group who flew the planes, another group that set up charges over the course of 9-12 months? Who knows...

But a few people felt it was necessary to sling dung at me the second they saw...whatever it is they thought they saw.

I don't stand for the national anthem, correct. I don't particularly care for patriotism either, but not because I feel like being rebellious/different, but because I just don't see the purpose behind it. if you feel differently...great! We each have our opinions, and neither one of us is wrong, because you can't be wrong about an opinion on patriotism.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 09-26-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #9932
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And they ended up in bankruptcy court.

Reborn in 2010 in the image of the mom & pop's who have been thriving with the new pay-as-you-gorge model, they're recovering reasonably well even in today's dead economy and have gotten back up to over 500 locations (from their peak of over 1,500 in the mid 90's)

I often wonder how Baskin-Robbins stays in business. They have a lot of shops still in bad parts of towns and don't charge $5+ for an average ice cream cone the way newer, more boutique shops that sprang up in the 90s and 2000s do like Coldstone.

Low margin + Bad Location (i.e. low traffic) seems like it wouldn't end well.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:33 AM   #9933
molson
General Manager

Quote:

I don't stand for the national anthem, correct. I don't particularly care for patriotism either, but not because I feel like being rebellious/different, but because I just don't see the purpose behind it. if you feel differently...great! We each have our opinions, and neither one of us is wrong, because you can't be wrong about an opinion on patriotism.

OK, well, just talking perception then, I can't read your mind, but if someone refuses to stand for the national anthem and dislikes patriotism, and then posts a link to a Truther documentary, absolutely nobody is going to buy that he's doing it "just as something interesting" (and I don't think anybody did). I'm open to the idea that you did, I'm just pointing out that perception, which I think is a similar perception people have when you post god/religious threads. But, like I said, it's possible that's just your sincere posting style (Edit: as opposed to the more common style people are more used to: i.e. "here's some commentary that makes a lot of good points" or "here's commentary that's batshit crazy, let's laugh at it"....when you go against that convention, some people are going think you're just hiding your agenda for kicks.)

Last edited by molson : 09-26-2012 at 11:38 AM.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:34 AM   #9934
JediKooter
Coordinator

I really need to buy my own bowling ball.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:38 AM   #9935
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Understood. Thanks for being willing to talk about this respectfully.

The idea that the US would somehow be behind the Towers coming down, is, in my opinion, absurd beyond belief.

I don't subscribe to patriotism, but that doesn't mean I'm anti-USA. That means I'm anti-patriotism...nothing more. That goes for France, Germany, Canada, South Africa, even Mexico.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:49 AM   #9936
gstelmack
Pro Starter

So Apple has an ad out showing how the iPhone is sized perfectly for use by a single thumb when held in one hand. So, now Apple is playing up it's smaller screen size (vs some recent Android phones) as a PLUS? Nice move, of course my hand/thumb probably aren't the same size as the hand model used...
Old 09-26-2012, 11:50 AM   #9937
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
I hate those new frozen yogurt places. I hate businesses that are based on a business plan of screwing over the customer by providing little or no information. The cups are all way too big and they don't give you the sizes of the cups. They do that on purpose so when you fill one 3/4s of the way and it costs $6.00, you're stuck with it.

Basically, they took what used to be a $10 trip to TCBY and turned it into a $22 trip to an overpriced hipster ice cream store.

You don't have to fill the cup all the way up...
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:50 AM   #9938
JediKooter
Coordinator

For my hands (and boy am I setting up a joke here) the iphone is the perfect size. I look at the size of the Galaxys and I think, 'Might as well just have a table for a phone'.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 09-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #9939
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
I think it's pretty obvious why they've set up their businesses the way they have.

They set it up this way because there are many people that are fat cows that have no self control and don't understand what portion sizes are.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:58 AM   #9940
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
For my hands (and boy am I setting up a joke here) the iphone is the perfect size. I look at the size of the Galaxys and I think, 'Might as well just have a table for a phone'.

I feel the same way, actually, and I have larger hands. My good friend has the Galaxy, and it's not a phone...it's a small tablet. It's f'ing huge, and the fact that they're touting is as being better because it's bigger...just doesn't make any sense to me. If I wanted something to be bulging out of my pants when I stroll down the street, I'd walk around thinking about that new hot girl from Boardwalk Empire. You know, the one Nucky is banging?
Old 09-26-2012, 12:15 PM   #9941
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post

The local yogurt place I go to is 30 cents an ounce. The traditional serving size bag of M&Ms is 1.74 ounces (I think that is about $.79 at grocery stores nowadays), so you are getting M&Ms at a discounted rate of about $.52 a bag. Of course if you look at the price for the larger bags (bulk) it's not as great of a deal, 56 ounce bags are right around $14 which is $.30 an ounce.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #9942
Ksyrup

I think ours are around $.50 an ounce. Of course if you go on their websites there's no prices whatsoever, which fits the business model.

Look, I guess I won't convince anyone with my own testimonial about what a shyster business model this is, so I'll just leave you with this nugget:

John Calipari owns a stake in the 7 Orange Leafs in Lexington. I mean, what more proof do you need?
Old 09-26-2012, 12:51 PM   #9943
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
I feel the same way, actually, and I have larger hands. My good friend has the Galaxy, and it's not a phone...it's a small tablet. It's f'ing huge, and the fact that they're touting is as being better because it's bigger...just doesn't make any sense to me. If I wanted something to be bulging out of my pants when I stroll down the street, I'd walk around thinking about that new hot girl from Boardwalk Empire. You know, the one Nucky is banging?

Yup, it's pretty much a small tablet. Screen size is a complete non selling point for me when it comes to phones, unless it's a ridiculously small screen. I don't watch movies or tv on my phone, that's what I have a tv for. And on the occasions that I do actually watch something on my phone, it's only for maybe an hour at most anyway, so it doesn't bother me. Never seen Boardwalk Empire or Nucky, however, I'm more than willing to look at any kind of pictures of the hot girl he's banging.

Old 09-26-2012, 12:54 PM   #9944
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:

I have average size hands but wide fingers and I love having a large phone. It is harder to operate the screen when it is smaller. Also pics please.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:37 PM   #9945
PilotMan
Head Coach

Friday is my former company's last day of operation. Many, many friends and very experienced aviators will be out of a job and out of aviation altogether. The commercial aviation world is losing a few hundred experienced pilots. This career isn't about quality and experience it's about the bottom line and seniority. Shutting companies down is an effective workaround of dealing with seniority based pay, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:22 PM   #9946
DougW
High School Varsity

So, Kirstie Alley is on Jay Leno - and she busts out with this thought :

Doing the foxtrot on DWTS made her "vagina hurt like she was gangbanged".

NBC has sure changed.
DougW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:59 AM   #9947
korme
Go Reds

So I hooked up with this girl about a month ago, every once in a while we would get down. She wanted a "FBuddies" type deal, I said cool... but I warned her not to get attached, she said she wouldn't blah blah blah.

Well guess what. When I'm sitting here sober at 2AM and you're calling me 10x, texting me the same amount with zero response, that's not what I signed up for. If we are both out- cool. Don't be bothering me when I'm not out, in fact don't even bother me like that at all. If we're at the same place cool... but now it's been happening so often I'm completely disinterested.

Desperation is a stinky cologne. Sorry, had to vent, can't really do it on Facebook/Twitter

Last edited by korme : 09-27-2012 at 01:00 AM.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:23 AM   #9948
Suicane75
Coordinator

Never trust a woman who says she's cool with being FBuddies. I'm not saying it can't happen, but most women just aren't built that way.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:26 AM   #9949
Suicane75
Coordinator

Also, a woman who says she's cool with it, then decides she's not cool with it, will more than likely not just bring it up over lattes, but end up texting you 100 times a night.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:49 AM   #9950
DougW
High School Varsity

Just give her some. Why not ?
DougW is offline   Reply With Quote