Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-26-2010, 07:49 AM   #51
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

dola

sounds like maybe that's what the "dirt sheet" is - after looking on the GDS forums I discovered it's disabled by default - will have to enable it tonight and check it out...

DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:55 PM   #52
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i presume over time as you build guys up their "recommended push" changes right?
Old 01-27-2010, 08:59 PM   #53
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
i presume over time as you build guys up their "recommended push" changes right?

Unless there's been a big change, the recommended push will be largely determined by the size of your roster & their relative place in it. So, for example, if you built every guy on the roster at the same pace then you'd see relatively little change in their recommended push except for additional slots as you enlarged your roster.

Make sense?
Old 01-27-2010, 09:08 PM   #54
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

but if i've got a guy who's "upper midcard" who i think should be a main eventer (say in this case...angry gilmore in SWF in the demo), if he keeps being in great matches and gaining more and more momentum it won't change the recommended push at all?
Old 01-27-2010, 09:28 PM   #55
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBollea View Post
If his popularity and momentum goes up to the level of the main events, he'll be pushed as a main eventer in the recommended push.

gotcha. that's what i was wondering.

do i get a like....email or anything telling me i should bump him up, or do i just have to check?

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 01-27-2010 at 09:28 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:28 PM   #56
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If his popularity and momentum goes up to the level of the main events, he'll be pushed as a main eventer in the recommended push.

Again, maybe they've changed it but the caveat to that has always been "subject to the limits of the recommeded roster size & number of workers currently on the roster".

In other words if your promotion is recommded for, say, 24 workers & you had 14 guys all with A popularity & A momentum, it's not going to recommended all 14 as main eventers, it's going to recommend (I don't recall the exact formula) like 4-6 of them as main, 6 as upper mid, 8-10 as midcarders, etc.

In this case a rising guy would get the recommendation only once he passed enough of the guys already in those slots. If they were climbing as well (say by beating one off guys or traded talent) then he might not climb the way you'd otherwise expect him too.

Again, that's if it still works basically the same way it used to.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:35 PM   #57
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

no easy way to see who my managers are managing? i thought there used to be...
Old 01-27-2010, 10:02 PM   #58
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
gotcha. that's what i was wondering.

do i get a like....email or anything telling me i should bump him up, or do i just have to check?

Its kind of tricky. I try to keep track of it often.

If you are pushing a guy below is recommended push he will get pissed off and start complaining.

You will kind of know yourself. In your Angry Gilmore example it probably will only take 1-2 wins over Main Eventers or a hot storyline to push him to Main Event status.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:05 PM   #59
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
no easy way to see who my managers are managing? i thought there used to be...

I dont believe there is a real easy way. You can either create stables to keep track or scroll down your roster and look in the upper far right of each wrestler to find out.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:31 PM   #60
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

what is a decent card early in the demo? I went with SWF just because they're the largest and more "entertainment" is easier to figure how to book I guess. My first card was a 77...I have no frame of reference - all things considered is that good or do i suck at booking?
Old 01-27-2010, 10:46 PM   #61
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
what is a decent card early in the demo? I went with SWF just because they're the largest and more "entertainment" is easier to figure how to book I guess. My first card was a 77...I have no frame of reference - all things considered is that good or do i suck at booking?

A show grade over the popularity in the area of the show is a good card. It usually tells you in the road agent notes at the end of the show. 77 is a solid first show since you didnt have any hot storylines to help you out. By weeks 2/3 you will hopefully get that up into the mid/upper 80s.

You familiar with the "perfect " theory?

Start fast getting the fans into the show but not enough to burn them out. Your best 3 matches should be the Opener, co- Main Event and Main Event. MAKE SURE your Main Event is the top match otherwise it will hurt your grade.

HHHH HHHHHHHH
HHHHHH HHHHHHH HHHHHHH
HHHHH HHHHHHH
HHHHHH

you crowd reaction should be similiar to that above.

Edit My example didnt work at all. The H's got all messed up.

Crowd reaction should be something like this

Opener 9
2nd match 8
3rd match 7
4th match 8
5th match 7
6th match 6
Co Main Event 9
Main Event 10

Last edited by jbergey22 : 01-27-2010 at 10:49 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:47 PM   #62
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

yeah i'm familiar with the perfect theory.

i'll mess around with it. if i can't consistently get good-rated cards then there's no point in buying the game.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:50 PM   #63
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

DT for a decent card look at your overness in the area you are holding the show. If your show is equal to that or higher then the show you ran didn't do any damage. Of course to expect every show to be that good would be but a dream and you are most likely going to have your ups and downs.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:50 PM   #64
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
yeah i'm familiar with the perfect theory.

i'll mess around with it. if i can't consistently get good-rated cards then there's no point in buying the game.

It wouldnt be any fun if it were too easy DT. You will figure it out.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:52 PM   #65
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

yeah...i'll figure it out. the question is will i be able to figure it out in such a way that i can book the way "i want to book" or am i better off going back to something like TNM (yes I still have it on my external HD) where it's more of a booking/match simulator versus this.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:02 PM   #66
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
yeah...i'll figure it out. the question is will i be able to figure it out in such a way that i can book the way "i want to book" or am i better off going back to something like TNM (yes I still have it on my external HD) where it's more of a booking/match simulator versus this.

That is a good question.

Id like to book like the old school WWF back in the day but your show grades absolutely suck when doing that. Jobber vs Main Eventer and save your best matches for PPVs.

Even though the television shows were boring it made the PPVs just great instead of how it is now of having recycled feuds every year and duplicate matches every PPV.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:08 PM   #67
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
That is a good question.

Id like to book like the old school WWF back in the day but your show grades absolutely suck when doing that. Jobber vs Main Eventer and save your best matches for PPVs.

Even though the television shows were boring it made the PPVs just great instead of how it is now of having recycled feuds every year and duplicate matches every PPV.

yeah, and i've never had any EWR or TEW feds last as long, or be as involving as some of my old TNM feds once the Interview Editor plugin was done and I could type out interviews and stuff. Man those were good times.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:39 PM   #68
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I have yet to buy this years version but I had alot of success booking exactly like this in last years version. I mean, I wasn't setting the world on fire with the WWE/WWF in historical mods, but I wasn't falling levels either.

The one thing you have to remember if you are going to book like this is that you have to go all the way. If you have Stone Cold Steve Austin you need to use him like they did back then. He should open the show with a 6 minute angle, have 2 or 3 one to two minute skits, maybe another 6 minute interview later in the show and then be used in the main event. Basically if you have him you need to do what they really did....make him the entire show.

Well, atleast that worked out well for me in the previous verisons booking a SE fed.

Last edited by dubb93 : 01-28-2010 at 06:40 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:21 PM   #69
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

I think he's talking about the 1980's Superstars shows where Hacksaw Jim Duggan would squash Iron Mike Sharpe and the Rick Martel would squash Barry Horowitz, concluding, if you were lucky, with a main event of Ted Dibiase taking on Tito Santana.

Last edited by Carman Bulldog : 01-28-2010 at 07:21 PM.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:25 PM   #70
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
I think he's talking about the 1980's Superstars shows where Hacksaw Jim Duggan would squash Iron Mike Sharpe and the Rick Martel would squash Barry Horowitz, concluding, if you were lucky, with a main event of Ted Dibiase taking on Tito Santana.

And house shows were the place to see the blow-off of feuds.

I suggested over there a while ago some kind of "show prestige" concept, where your popularity isn't killed if you run a jobber show on a show that has a lower prestige rating, and lower fan expectations. Maybe you could have secondary shows, primary shows, and super-shows. These days, that would go house show, TV, PPV, where in the 80s it was more tv, minor house show, major house show.

One thing that might help in the game as is though, is use A-list guys in long angles, but don't have them wrestle. Hulk Hogan wouldn't wrestle on TV in the 80s, but he would be on Piper's Pit, or do a training segment.

Last edited by molson : 01-28-2010 at 07:29 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:37 PM   #71
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Ah, yea that would have to be a b show. Would not be possible to book like that and get a solid grade. Of course as a b show it doesn't matter what it scores since it won't affect you in any way.

You could fill a show with Main Event vs. Lower Midcard jobbers and then book a decent main event, it doesn't have to be PPV main event quality and then fill the rest of the show with angles and still maintain solid popularity. Of course that is assuming that the angles are in the right spots and that they feature you top players. There is no reason why a third of your 2 hour shows can't have your go to guy involved in some way.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:43 PM   #72
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Ah, yea that would have to be a b show. Would not be possible to book like that and get a solid grade. Of course as a b show it doesn't matter what it scores since it won't affect you in any way.

You could fill a show with Main Event vs. Lower Midcard jobbers and then book a decent main event, it doesn't have to be PPV main event quality and then fill the rest of the show with angles and still maintain solid popularity. Of course that is assuming that the angles are in the right spots and that they feature you top players. There is no reason why a third of your 2 hour shows can't have your go to guy involved in some way.

Wait, so there's B-shows in this version? That's pretty cool.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:29 PM   #73
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Wait, so there's B-shows in this version? That's pretty cool.

They were in TEW 2008 and maybe 2007 as well. Not real sure about 2007, but 08 and 10 for sure.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:10 PM   #74
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Exactly!

I know this wouldnt work today but it made the Wrestlemania's/Survivor Series/ and Royal Rumbles so exciting IMO so Id like to book this way.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:34 PM   #75
LionsFan10
High School Varsity

If I have TEW 2008, how big of a leap is this game for the $35 price point? I really want this game, but I'm not sure if what has been changed is worth that much money. Is it worth that kind of jack?
Old 01-30-2010, 03:43 PM   #76
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFan10 View Post
If I have TEW 2008, how big of a leap is this game for the $35 price point? I really want this game, but I'm not sure if what has been changed is worth that much money. Is it worth that kind of jack?

I would say yes, you can get a pretty good feel of that in the demo. My fav new features are the Dirt Sheet, the improved backstage stuff, the additional business investment options and of course the export to excel feature.

I little less clicky than before, though I was hoping drag and drop booking would have been a little more robust.

Some minor things I like as well are the broader categories for angles, some cool new interaction/morale stuff and the way the Cornellverse has played out. This version is really the first time the Cornellverse has really grabbed hold of me.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 03:47 PM   #77
BYU 14
Coordinator

I am getting into this much more than I expected in terms of the Cornellverse, maybe I was missing out all these years??

Even started a Diary on it, which I could have never seen myself doing in earlier versions. Overall it looks like I will get much more playing time out of this version than any since 2005.

NYCW - Kicking and screaming into the 21st Century - Grey Dog Software

Last edited by BYU 14 : 01-31-2010 at 03:48 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:52 PM   #78
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
I am getting into this much more than I expected in terms of the Cornellverse, maybe I was missing out all these years??

Even started a Diary on it, which I could have never seen myself doing in earlier versions. Overall it looks like I will get much more playing time out of this version than any since 2005.

NYCW - Kicking and screaming into the 21st Century - Grey Dog Software

Great start to your diary and thanks for pointing it out. I will be reading along.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:43 PM   #79
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

This game moves faster then 2008, I am currently in May and it only took two days to get there. I currently am losing all my stars to TCW or SWF and now I am scrambling to create new stars because my mid-card scene is devoid of talent.

I highly recommend the game.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:16 PM   #80
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

BUMP

With Dragon Age in my rearview mirror I finally got around to getting this game a couple of days ago. Figured I would have a go with SWF my first game.

I would have to agree completely with Noop above. Things that I really didn't think would be huge features, like the ability to clone angles and the like are actually huge features that increase the game speed drastically as a SE fed. Awesome so far.

I'm actually doing well so far in my first month. Worst show so far is a B.

My first PPV didn't bomb, and the backstage says it was a success, but somehow I feel like it wasn't what I expected. Eisen/Bruce in the main event was a letdown, and I made the mistake(damnit I thought about it for about 5 mins too) of putting Faith/Khoklov on in the co feature rather than Angry Gilmore/Gregory Black. I know it sounds crazy to even consider Gilmore/Black as the co-feature in the first month, but damn is Gilmore really starting to ruin my booking plans.

The guy is absolutely tearing it up. He is feuding with a guy who is basically a lifetime midcarder(Black) and has shot up from a B- pop all over in the US to A pop(with A* momentum to boot)all over the US in just a month. I have actually changed my booking plans to get the title on Gilmore ASAP. I seriously can't put the guy in a segment without it getting atleast an A.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:20 PM   #81
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I have been fiddling around with it waiting for the Montreal Aftermath mod to be complete. Seems like it is almost done, I cannot wait. I did a few "watcher" games with other mods to test them out. Not so bad. It's fun watching things develop, like Randy Savage holding the WWF Title for over two years, only to lose it to Mike Rotunda. Then Rotunda left WWF as champion for WCW. Mr. Perfect and Savage met at WM for the title and Savage won it again and began another year long reign.

Then of course he dropped the strap and died.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:24 PM   #82
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
BUMP

With Dragon Age in my rearview mirror I finally got around to getting this game a couple of days ago. Figured I would have a go with SWF my first game.

I would have to agree completely with Noop above. Things that I really didn't think would be huge features, like the ability to clone angles and the like are actually huge features that increase the game speed drastically as a SE fed. Awesome so far.

I'm actually doing well so far in my first month. Worst show so far is a B.

My first PPV didn't bomb, and the backstage says it was a success, but somehow I feel like it wasn't what I expected. Eisen/Bruce in the main event was a letdown, and I made the mistake(damnit I thought about it for about 5 mins too) of putting Faith/Khoklov on in the co feature rather than Angry Gilmore/Gregory Black. I know it sounds crazy to even consider Gilmore/Black as the co-feature in the first month, but damn is Gilmore really starting to ruin my booking plans.

The guy is absolutely tearing it up. He is feuding with a guy who is basically a lifetime midcarder(Black) and has shot up from a B- pop all over in the US to A pop(with A* momentum to boot)all over the US in just a month. I have actually changed my booking plans to get the title on Gilmore ASAP. I seriously can't put the guy in a segment without it getting atleast an A.

I think this game definitely models the unexpected stuff so well. I am playing NYCW and learned quickly to stick with unchained storylines as SWF and TCW love to raid any young talent I sign. I lost my #2 face (Art Reed) and half of my newly crowned tag Champs (Matthew Keith) in the same week and have had to scramble in a major way heading into my biggest show of the year.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 02-10-2010 at 08:24 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:30 PM   #83
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I still have yet to get into the Cornellverse but I have been playing my own WWF 1993 game and I had a pretty crazy exchange happen.

Basically I was struggling to keep WWF Global, and would end up falling to Cult. The way the 93 mod is after two years only AAA in Mexico is National. The issue was some guys wouldn't sign Written deals because of my size, so they were flocking to WCW. WCW had the same types of issues so it was becoming like the Monday Night Wars with who would appear where.

Going into the Royal Rumble in year two the plan was to give Ted DiBiase the World Title reign he never got IRL. He ended up winning the Rumble, and in the Main Event of the show Bret Hart won back the WWF Title from Hogan.

So I get through my February and March SNME's with the Hart vs DiBiase match at A* momentum. I notice DiBiase's contract is about to be expired (user error) and request negotiations only to find out he's going to WCW.

Of course I scramble, pretty much having decided on Hart vs Michaels for the title (way sooner then I wanted HBK to be in the Main Event) when I see that Rick Rude is available. His popularity was up, he was a star so it was huge. Rude vs Hart ended up an A match and it all worked out but it looked very sketchy for a while.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:31 PM   #84
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Yea, its hard to explain since the feature list looked like it was nearly completely dedicated to making modders work easier, but this version is quicker all around and I think it is a huge improvement over 08.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:07 PM   #85
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I made a really bad decision that sounded really good on paper.

My only competition with SWF is TCW who are a National sized company. When their Heavyweight Champ Rocky Golden had his contract come up I jumped on the chance to bring him in.

Since that time Golden has really brought my main event scene down, he's just not that good. Worse yet, TCW has shifted the focus of their shows to Tommy Cornell in the absence of Golden and have gone from churning out B- shows to 2 A rated shows a week on the back of Cornell.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:14 PM   #86
molson
General Manager

Quote:
I made a really bad decision that sounded really good on paper.

My only competition with SWF is TCW who are a National sized company. When their Heavyweight Champ Rocky Golden had his contract come up I jumped on the chance to bring him in.

Since that time Golden has really brought my main event scene down, he's just not that good. Worse yet, TCW has shifted the focus of their shows to Tommy Cornell in the absence of Golden and have gone from churning out B- shows to 2 A rated shows a week on the back of Cornell.

That's pretty cool - it's like WCW stealing away Hall and Nash and allowing/forcing the WWF to rely on Austin and Foley.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:16 PM   #87
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
That's pretty cool - it's like WCW stealing away Hall and Nash and allowing/forcing the WWF to rely on Austin and Foley.

Yea, it is hard to be mad about it b/c it really is cool. Thats why I thought I would share it.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:22 PM   #88
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

I just made a huge blunder in my TCW game as well.

I did a talent exchange with USPW for Bruce the Giant. My goal was to have Rocky Golden(my current champ) to get over Bruce the Giant in my next Pay per view.

Well I tried to set up a triple threat DQ finish in which Bruce the Giant wins but Rocky Golden keeps the belt on my weekly TV show. I am not sure if I booked it wrong but Bruce the Giant won the match and the belt so a borrowed worker now holds my #1 belt.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 02-16-2010 at 03:23 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:47 PM   #89
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I just made a huge blunder in my TCW game as well.

I did a talent exchange with USPW for Bruce the Giant. My goal was to have Rocky Golden(my current champ) to get over Bruce the Giant in my next Pay per view.

Well I tried to set up a triple threat DQ finish in which Bruce the Giant wins but Rocky Golden keeps the belt on my weekly TV show. I am not sure if I booked it wrong but Bruce the Giant won the match and the belt so a borrowed worker now holds my #1 belt.

Check your matches. If the match isn't able to end by DQ(99% sure that triple threat is not able to) then the road agent takes it upon himself to book a finish that is able to happen. Thus Bruce goes over clean.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:51 PM   #90
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Check your matches. If the match isn't able to end by DQ(99% sure that triple threat is not able to) then the road agent takes it upon himself to book a finish that is able to happen. Thus Bruce goes over clean.

Thanks I am sure that was it. As you had talked about Golden earlier this is the exact reason is sucks having him as champ. You have to add a 3rd wrestler to a match like this in order for it to not completely suck. Golden does fine with a good worker but he cant carry a match.

Eddie Peak vs Golden got good grades for me B+ range.

I have a storyline going with Nemesis(authority figure) and Golden so I will probably create an angle where Nemesis hired Bruce the Giant to get the title of Golden and create a tournament for the belt. Might actually work out good.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 02-16-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:34 PM   #91
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Could have been better, but I'm happy. I had a minor angle in-between Faith's goodbye and Gilmore's promo showing Golden sitting in the crowd. I guess minor angles don't show up in the recap. I think if it had brought the crowd down as was intended(it didn't) then Gilmore-Vengeance could have hit A*.

NOTE: The top part of the card is cut off. That is just the home stretch.

Last edited by dubb93 : 02-16-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:41 PM   #92
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

You run a lot of angles.

According to Perfect Show Theory you dont want to bring the crowd down between the 2 main event matches. It seems you ran a lot of great segments perhaps you burnt the crowd out earlier?
Old 02-16-2010, 05:47 PM   #93
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
You run a lot of angles.

I don't think I run any more angles than are ran in real life.

Quote:
According to Perfect Show Theory you dont want to bring the crowd down between the 2 main event matches. It seems you ran a lot of great segments perhaps you burnt the crowd out earlier?

Interesting. I'm always brought the crowd down(or attempted to) every 3 or 4 segments. I won't be doing it between the last two matches anymore.

Actually the matches are supposed to be the segments that bring my crowd down. With SWF as pure SE it is hard to book poor angles. Eisen-Money-Bruce was not supposed to deliver. It was booked under 10 minutes long with a tainted finish. The previous matches involving the three have all fallen flat in the B- range. That one just delivered.

EDIT: Hell, I gave Bruce and Eisen the Main Event Treatment at "When Hell Freezes Over" and they bombed it. I guess they just got a wild hair up their ass and decided to ruin my perfect show theory.

Last edited by dubb93 : 02-16-2010 at 05:50 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:57 PM   #94
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I don't think I run any more angles than are ran in real life.

No you dont.

I've done that as well but with the new "clone angle" feature Ive gone away from the shorter angles and just create longer ones.

For example instead of having 2 seperate angles for Gilmore/Vengeance hype and Gilmore/Vengeance music video I would probably just clone an angle and create 1 longer angle. Inside the commentary box I would say something like this "Gilmore cuts a promo on Vengeance about ???, following the promo a music video is played inside the arena"

It gives me less of a headache and if your angle is 5+ minutes it will count towards your show grade where as 3 minute angles only help momentum.

In my mind it accomplishes the same thing forcing 2 angles in to one.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 02-16-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:01 PM   #95
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

It gives me less of a headache and if your angle is 5+ minutes it will count towards your show grade where as 3 minute angles only help momentum.

I was actually under the impression that 4 minute and longer angles affect Pop/momentum, 6 minute or more angle will help development.

And the new major/minor category in the angle creator determines if they apply toward the show grade. So every angle ran with the major tag should apply regardless if it is 1 minute or 20 minutes and the same would apply for the minor tag in reverse.

Hey we are getting discussion here that will help all of us out.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:04 PM   #96
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I was actually under the impression that 4 minute and longer angles affect Pop/momentum, 6 minute or more angle will help development.

And the new major/minor category in the angle creator determines if they apply toward the show grade. So every angle ran with the major tag should apply regardless if it is 1 minute or 20 minutes and the same would apply for the minor tag in reverse.

Hey we are getting discussion here that will help all of us out.

I guess Im not sure one way or another. It used to be 3/6.

Do you use the dirt sheet? When I run shorter than 5 minute angles I get a negative mark saying "segment was too short to have much of an impact"
Old 02-16-2010, 06:13 PM   #97
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
In TEW 2010, 3+ minutes affect popularity, 5+ minutes effect development. Any angle labeled 'major' will effect the grade of the show.

Good to know, thanks!
Old 02-16-2010, 06:18 PM   #98
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
In TEW 2010, 3+ minutes affect popularity, 5+ minutes effect development. Any angle labeled 'major' will effect the grade of the show.

Why is popularity affected but development effected?
Old 02-16-2010, 06:22 PM   #99
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
When I run shorter than 5 minute angles I get a negative mark saying "segment was too short to have much of an impact"

That basically means that the segment was too short to get a higher score. The same segment ran 2 minutes and 6 minutes will see the 6 minute segment score higher with all things being equal b/c that mark will no longer be a negative.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:24 PM   #100
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Major angles have an impact on a show’s final rating, Minor angles do not. This does not affect whether the angle alters the workers’ popularity (which happens if the angle is over 3 minutes in length) or skill improvements (which happens if the angle is over 5 minutes in length).

Quote=TEW 2010 Help File