Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-27-2010, 09:48 AM   #51
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
I disagree, Ive lived (and live) in tourist cities.. I bet hell hardly ever go to the strip, because tourists are really fucking annoying!

Actually, I see myself going fairly often if the bus schedules work out. Not to gamble or party as much as just to people watch and listen.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:51 AM   #52
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Actually, I see myself going fairly often if the bus schedules work out. Not to gamble or party as much as just to people watch and listen.

No need for a bus. The Hard Rock is directly across the street from the UNLV campus, and the campus itself is only a little more than two blocks off the south end of the strip.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:35 PM   #53
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Hey Karl - we never got an update how the rest of the trip went....

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:49 PM   #54
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
Hey Karl - we never got an update how the rest of the trip went....

I'm gonna guess that what happens in Vegas ...

Old 03-10-2011, 03:54 PM   #55
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

So the wife and I have noticed that pretty much every couple we know (all with kids) have taken a short vacation to Vegas or Florida over the past couple of months while we, stuck with kids without a grandparent within 700 miles, spend every waking non-working hour with the kids. Not that we don't love them, of course. But we could use some time away. Last time we spent more than a night alone was 2005.

So anyway, our anniversary is the end of June and I'm trying to arrange for my mom to fly in from Dallas to watch the kids for a few days while we head off to Vegas. Wife's never been, and I went for a 2-day business trip in 2001. Does anyone have any particular good website to look for hotel and other deals? Which hotels should we look at, which should we stay away from, what are the really good deals?

I've done a bit of checking, and I'm surprised at how cheap most of them are. I guess the deal is to get you there and have you spend all your money on the other stuff. But I distinctly recall the Bellagio being $220+ and I see it for $150 now. That's what I'm paying to stay in Bellevue next week, for chrissakes!

Anyway...any tips, etc., you can provide would be appreciated.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:21 PM   #56
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
So the wife and I have noticed that pretty much every couple we know (all with kids) have taken a short vacation to Vegas or Florida over the past couple of months while we, stuck with kids without a grandparent within 700 miles, spend every waking non-working hour with the kids. Not that we don't love them, of course. But we could use some time away. Last time we spent more than a night alone was 2005.

So anyway, our anniversary is the end of June and I'm trying to arrange for my mom to fly in from Dallas to watch the kids for a few days while we head off to Vegas. Wife's never been, and I went for a 2-day business trip in 2001. Does anyone have any particular good website to look for hotel and other deals? Which hotels should we look at, which should we stay away from, what are the really good deals?

I've done a bit of checking, and I'm surprised at how cheap most of them are. I guess the deal is to get you there and have you spend all your money on the other stuff. But I distinctly recall the Bellagio being $220+ and I see it for $150 now. That's what I'm paying to stay in Bellevue next week, for chrissakes!

Vegas hotel costs vary a ton by time of year, and especially day of the week. If you can throw in a Sunday or Monday night in that trip you'll save a ton.

cheapovegas.com is a good simple site that summarizes the hotels, and what kind of entertainment/restaurants each have. Before I book anywhere though, I'd check the hotel website itself, just to see if they have any special deals.

Last edited by molson : 03-10-2011 at 04:22 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:23 PM   #57
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post

bellevue?

as in Wa?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:26 PM   #58
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Before I book anywhere though, I'd check the hotel website itself, just to see if they have any special deals.

Also get yourself on any email lists they may have. I haven't been in several years now (sniff) but still get emailed room specials on a regular basis from several different hotels.