Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-17-2012, 12:02 PM   #51
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
Revolution sounds quite tempting. But it's NBC, which gives high-concept stuff exactly three weeks to build an audience before pulling the rug out. So I'll be disciplined this fall and wait until it's on the 2013-14 schedule before taking a look. I liked Studio 60 and Journeyman, and I thought even the Playboy Club had some promise.

The only new network shows I'm thinking of giving a chance when the season starts are Last Resort (ABC) and Vegas (CBS).

Those both look good, and I'd add "Elementary" and "Chicago Fire" (dad was a fireman, so I'm a sucker for fire-fight shows).

GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:59 PM   #52
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
There's "Surprise with Jenny McCarthy"

I'd say the surprise is probably Hepatitis, but then again, that wouldn't really be a surprise.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:01 PM   #53
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The surprise is that she gives babies whooping cough and measles because who the fuck needs vaccines anyways.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:14 PM   #54
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
I also thought Perry was good in Mr. Sunshine.

Agreed. It was the rest of the cast (aside from Alison Janney) that sucked.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:49 PM   #55
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Revolution sounds quite tempting. But it's NBC, which gives high-concept stuff exactly three weeks to build an audience before pulling the rug out. So I'll be disciplined this fall and wait until it's on the 2013-14 schedule before

Yeah
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:23 PM   #56
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
and I thought even the Playboy Club had some promise

The only promise it displayed was to sink like a stone even amidst the low tide that is NBC.

Quote:
Playboy Club's cancellation comes after the drama premiered Sept. 20 to underwhelming ratings, attracting 5 million viewers and a 1.6 rating in the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demographic. The second episode of the series from showrunner Chad Hodge and 20th Century Fox Television, tumbled 19 percent, luring only 3.8 million viewers and a 1.3 in the demo. Its most recent episode dropped even more, attracting 3.2 million viewers and a 1.2.

It was en route to CW numbers territory.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:11 AM   #57
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
The only promise it displayed was to sink like a stone even amidst the low tide that is NBC.

It was en route to CW numbers territory.

Yes, I understand you have a great knowledge of the numbers. NBC's decision was not controversial nor surprising.

I thought it had promise in terms of a compelling storyline once the characters were well introduced and we had a better grasp of motivations.

Maybe most viewers who would like something like this already knew NBC couldn't sustain it, were smarter than I, and knew not to invest themselves. NBC's reputation for quickly canceling shows may be hurting its numbers.

On the other hand, maybe no network could have made this work. I thought it could be more interesting than Pan Am, which had better production, but seemed too soapy. And Pan Am failed fairly quickly, too.

At any rate, given the ease of finding DVDs, or even waiting until syndication, I don't want to invest in a show that is likely to die quickly. Which is why I think it's best to stay away from freshman NBC shows for the time being.

I just need a little more than a couple of CBS procedurals and waiting for new seasons on AMC and HBO.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:39 AM   #58
Easy Mac

Does NBC have a quick hook though? Here's a list of non-reality shows they canceled this year. I've starred shows that didn't finish out a full season/order:

*Free Agents (universally panned)
*The Playboy Club (universally panned)
Prime Suspect (mostly indifferent reviews)
The Firm (universally panned)
*Best Friends Forever (critics were mild)
Bent (burned off in 3 nights)
Are You There Chelsea (universally panned)
Awake (critics liked the concept, but seem mild on their reviews)

So of the 8 canceled shows, only 3 were pulled off prematurely, and one of those only had a 6 episode run scheduled anyway (BFF). Whitney, Grimm, Up All Night, and Smash survived the first season.

Last season, the shows were:
Undercovers (mild critical response)
*Outlaw (universally panned, canceled after 4 episodes, but remaining 4 aired on Saturday)
*Chase (universally panned, canceled after 13 episodes, but remaining 5 aired on Saturday)
*The Cape (critics liked the concept, mild reviews, canceled after 9 episodes, remaining episode aired online)
*Perfect Couples (universally panned, canceled after 11 episodes, remaining 2 unaired)
The Event (mild critical response)
Law & Order: LA (mild critical response)
Outsourced (the original critics Whitney)
Love Bites (aired over the summer)
The Paul Riser Show (even God hated this show)

Only Harry's Law survived that season. Technically, 4 shows were canceled prematurely, but only 1 of those aired less than 9 episodes.

If anything, NBC should probably have a reputation of airing critical successes far longer than any other network would have (P&R, Chuck, Community, FNL) and a reputation of putting a lot of dreck on that would have been canceled sooner on other networks.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:14 AM   #59
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I thought it had promise in terms of a compelling storyline once the characters were well introduced and we had a better grasp of motivations.

At some point it becomes the tree falling in the empty forest. There simply weren't enough people who gave a shit for it to matter.

Quote:
Maybe most viewers who would like something like this already knew NBC couldn't sustain it, were smarter than I, and knew not to invest themselves. NBC's reputation for quickly canceling shows may be hurting its numbers.

I think you're giving most viewers - regardless of their taste - far too much credit.

Quote:
On the other hand, maybe no network could have made this work.

I really think that's the case here. It seems like pretty tough subject matter to avoid falling into cliches with since, well, in order for characters to be realistic they would also have to have been pretty cliched since the real thing was pretty cliched itself. (Hopefully I phrased that in a way that made sense). Pan Am is a good example of a show/subject that would have had the same problem.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:26 PM   #60
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Modern Family very rarely strays from pure comedy, but this past episode was amazingly poignant and well done. Gave me chills.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:39 PM   #61
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

NBC? Is that network still on the air? Other than hockey that is.

Actually, I think of the major networks the only shows that I watch are all on CBS.
Person of Interest
Criminal Minds
The Big Bang Theory
How I Met Your Mother (though I think I am going through the motions with this one lately)
Survivor
The Amazing Race
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:44 PM   #62
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
NBC? Is that network still on the air? Other than hockey that is.

Actually, I think of the major networks the only shows that I watch are all on CBS.
Person of Interest
Criminal Minds
The Big Bang Theory
How I Met Your Mother (though I think I am going through the motions with this one lately)
Survivor
The Amazing Race

My god, this is depressing. Other than HIMYM, that's just wow. Community, 30 Rock and their ratings vis a vis CBS prove PT Barnum right.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:00 AM   #63
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot View Post
My god, this is depressing. Other than HIMYM, that's just wow. Community, 30 Rock and their ratings vis a vis CBS prove PT Barnum right.

That is a little rough, people like what they like. Don't make 30 rock out to be Masterpiece Theater.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:03 AM   #64
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Your hipster is showing.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:22 AM   #65
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
That is a little rough, people like what they like. Don't make 30 rock out to be Masterpiece Theater.

Well, 30 Rock is better than most Masterpiece Theater .
Old 05-27-2012, 01:33 AM   #66
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Pretty much expected from the pos cs.

Last edited by EagleFan : 05-27-2012 at 01:34 AM.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:16 AM   #67
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer755 View Post
Matthew Perry is getting another chance to suck?

I suppose I'll continue to be disappointed that no network honcho has the creative balls to pair him with Norm MacDonald in a 21st century re-make of Mr. Ed.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:22 PM   #68
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Your hipster is showing.

Nah. His taste is showing. I am pretty sure I'm nothing close to being a hipster and I agree wholeheartedly.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 05-27-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:26 PM   #69
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Nah. His taste is showing. I am pretty sure I'm nothing close to being a hipster and I agree wholeheartedly.

There's a fairly wide swath of the population that would disagree with him (you) about those shows. Far too self-important, far too much too-cool-for-school attitude from both for me (and most of the population) to find them entertaining, luckily their profile is low enough that they don't really reach the level of annoying either.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:55 PM   #70
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
There's a fairly wide swath of the population that would disagree with him (you) about those shows.

I'm perfectly fine with that. I am very used to there being a fairly wide swath of the population that disagrees with me. Heck, I'm an American hockey fan.

It's cool when the things I like happen to fall into the mainstream, but I certainly don't sweat it when they don't.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 05-27-2012, 02:04 PM   #71
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

His taste wasn't the problem, it was the way he came of a s a total douche by being critical of anyone who has different tastes then he does.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:42 PM   #72
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Your hipster is showing.

I'm ok with it. If you saw a picture of me, I'm way too big to ever fit into skinny jeans.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:44 PM   #73
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Its not - at all. But I don't think its a crime to suggest that popularity != quality. Two and a Half Men has been the top rated comedy in the US for what, 5 years (JIMGA would know)? That doesn't change the fact that its not really "good", per se; We don't suggest Twilight constitutes better writing than Kundera, for example; why should we hold TV to a different standard?

Last edited by Crapshoot : 05-27-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:55 PM   #74
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Its not - at all. But I don't think its a crime to suggest that popularity != quality. Two and a Half Men has been the top rated comedy in the US for what, 5 years (JIMGA would know)? That doesn't change the fact that its not really "good", per se; We don't suggest Twilight constitutes better writing than Kundera, for example; why should we hold TV to a different standard?

Let me first stipulate that I think 2.5 is one of the dumber shows to hit television in a good long while.

That said though, what's "good television"? What I mean by that is that "good" might be fairly described "achieving it's goals". By definition "satisfactory in quality, quantity, or degree" ... and I think it probably reaches that standard.

Television, whether we like it or not, really isn't meant to be rocket science. By & large the more low brow it is, the more people watch it. But I don't know if I mean that in a (negatively) critical way ... because the primary object, beyond simply getting the most viewers possible, is to entertain.

Whether all FOFC'ers like me or not, I think most would give me credit for at least being smarter/brighter/more intelligent than the average bear ... but it's extremely rare that I turn to television for anything that resembles thought provoking. It's mostly background noise, it's occasionally entertainment, can't say that I ever turn it on thinking "show me how smart you are".

Back to the bit about "good" for a second. To stretch the analogy I'm trying to make it's kind of like writing a brilliant treatise on global macroeconomics. If that's going into a textbook, it's "good" ... if it's going into a comic book, almost certainly not so good. And television, for better or worse, is a helluva lot closer to a comic book than a text book ... because that's really the purpose it's intended to serve as well as the purpose that people want it to serve.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:01 PM   #75
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

I might be wrong in this, but I thought CBS's demographic was towards an older audience. Since that audience is far more likely to watch TV when it comes on, that's why it succeeds in the ratings. I'm on the older side of the younger generation and I haven't sat down and watched a show when it came on since when Heroes was good. These days, if a TV show isn't on some sort of online streaming, it doesn't exist to me.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:09 PM   #76
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
I might be wrong in this, but I thought CBS's demographic was towards an older audience.

That's kinda right, but it's kinda wrong too.

The key to CBS' success (in total viewers) is that they've been able to come up with shows that appeal across a lot of different demos. While they usually dominate in Total Audience, they're also competitive in A18-49. Fox, who is usually right there for A18-49 has trouble outside the young end of the demos. ABC frequently ends up 2nd in Total -- thanks to programs like DWTS but has trouble outside of the upper ends (these days).

While CBS' reputation is with graying viewers, a lot of their shows do fine with folks who still have both all their teeth and their natural hair color
Old 05-27-2012, 08:27 PM   #77
RainMaker
General Manager

The only show that has me interested is Revolution. But I'm skeptical how it'll come across on NBC and whether it'll get the time to build an audience.

I guess one thing I'm realizing is that I just haven't been that into network shows lately. They all seem to have to cater to a broader audience and thus never really catch me.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:30 PM   #78
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post

Actually liked Unforgettable, so I'm disappointed that's cancelled. One of the the few shows I record.

I didn't read it until today, but a few weeks ago CBS announced that Unforgettable would return for 13 episodes next summer. I'm guessing it's a hedge vs other shows bombing. Hopefully most of the cast gets killed off. Would be glorious if there was a huge gunfight to open the season.

I'd prefer if they fired her from the police force and she became some sort of ATeam/Burn Notice problem fixer.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:41 PM   #79
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I didn't read it until today, but a few weeks ago CBS announced that Unforgettable would return for 13 episodes next summer. I'm guessing it's a hedge vs other shows bombing. Hopefully most of the cast gets killed off. Would be glorious if there was a huge gunfight to open the season.

I'd prefer if they fired her from the police force and she became some sort of ATeam/Burn Notice problem fixer.

Thanks. Now I have to go back and actually watch the shows I have recorded.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:21 PM   #80
Thomkal
Head Coach

A very late heads up but the new seasons of Warehouse 13 and Alphas start tonight on Syfy at 9 pm EST.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:31 PM   #81
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
A very late heads up but the new seasons of Warehouse 13 and Alphas start tonight on Syfy at 9 pm EST.

YAY!
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:51 AM   #82
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'm bored and was checking out the new Michael J. Fox to NBC in 2013 announcement.

Michael J. Fox Will Return To NBC With New Sitcom In 2013

Their fall schedule impressions(I watched a slide show, not actual footage)
1600 Penn-Looks like shit. Nobody gives a fuck about the underpinning of the white house, especially in a comedy. This shit makes Cory in the House look like Citizen fucking Kane

Animal Practice-Maybe decent? Probably will give it a chance

Go On-Requisite all encompassing multi-racial cast. Matthew Perry. Radio DJ. This show looks like a pile of fuck.

Revolution-Will give it a look. Interesting idea, although the sword fighting shit will get old fast if it's lame

New Normal- This show will probably suck, but the one cast member was really good on Girls. A comedian I like(Moshe Kasher) is writing on it. I'll give it a 2-3 episode shot. I wonder if NBC will give it that long.

Save Me-More like Spare Me.

Chicago Fire-I'll think about watching it once it gets about 75 episodes in the can. Reminds me of some other earnest show that used to be on NBC. Maybe First Watch was what that was called?

Do No Harm- The promo is"Steven Pasquale as Dr. Jeffery Kohl/Ian Price". Hmmm, and he's shooting heroin up? Maybe I'll check this one out as I love the dual identity shit.

Infamous-Meagan Good is so hot. This looks like the one show that's on ABC with the other really hot black chick, and I think that it has a similar "damage control" type main character. Will monitor, but probably won't watch. And it has the dad from Alias.

Next Caller-WTF, one DJ show isn't enough? I'm not sure who Dane Cook's fanbase is, but this looks like it could be Frasier for the protein shake bro bro audience. I certainly won't watch.

Guys With Kids-Anthony Anderson with a fucking baby. I saw a promo trailer for this one, and it absolutely looks like a pile of fuck. There's no way in hell I would watch this, even if it's so bad it must be enjoyed in an ironic way. If this shit got picked up, how fucking miserable must the rest of their pilots be. I mean, they passed up a Sarah Silverman pilot they bid a fuckload on, just to put Anthony Anderson back on TV again. Nothing against him in some roles, as he's been pretty good before(K-Ville was solid, as was his performance in Hustle & Flow)
Old 08-22-2012, 07:58 AM   #83
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

The Office will be ending after this season. At least two seasons too late, IMO - but Greg Daniels is back for the final season, so hopefully he can help them go out with a bang.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:44 AM   #84
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I caught the Matthew Perry thing last night. It was definitely quirky. I like a couple of the supporters. No laugh track (cause "all the cool shows have no laugh track nowadays"). I think it has a chance. Especially if it starts throwing other stars into the mix or gets a wellknown regular.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:16 AM   #85
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I know that NBC was banking on the Olympics as a vehicle to promote its new shows, but all of the ads for them were horrible. Even a high-conept idea like "Revolution", one that should really appeal to me given my love for post-apocalyptic settings, looked pretty terrible.

"30 Rock" and "Parks & Rec" look to remain the only NBC shows I watch (I finally dumped "The Office" last year).

Still, plenty to look forward to. I mainly excited about the return of "American Horror Story" and "The Walking Dead".
Old 08-22-2012, 09:18 AM   #86
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Yeah Revolution looks tgo be another "Heroes" attempt. Really forced too. I still don't see why so many people think 30 Rock is Masterpiece theare (good one Lathum)

I've tried and tried and just don't like it. I think it's because I dislike a lot of the supporting players like Morgan and Friedlander.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:20 AM   #87
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
I caught the Matthew Perry thing last night. It was definitely quirky. I like a couple of the supporters. No laugh track (cause "all the cool shows have no laugh track nowadays"). I think it has a chance. Especially if it starts throwing other stars into the mix or gets a wellknown regular.

I hope so...I really like Matthew Perry and I enjoyed Mr. Sunshine, but most of the supporting cast was terrible and didn't give that show much of a chance. It looks like this one has a shot, but we will see. NBC can use another hit...
Old 08-22-2012, 09:28 AM   #88
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Yeah Revolution looks tgo be another "Heroes" attempt. Really forced too. I still don't see why so many people think 30 Rock is Masterpiece theare (good one Lathum)

I've tried and tried and just don't like it. I think it's because I dislike a lot of the supporting players like Morgan and Friedlander.

The first season of Heroes was fantastic. The rest... Horrible.

I like "30 Rock", but I am not sure I'd ever call it "Masterpiece theare". It's usually good for a handful of great lines/moments an episode that are really genius, but rarely is it strong from beginning to end. There are a few episodes that are great, but overall I watch it for those good moments. In sum: It's a lot better than most 1/2 hour comedies out there.

I don't think I watched the last half dozen or so episodes last year. I had to record the entire Season 4 of "Breaking Bad" on my DVR. AMC was airing them late at night, back to back, for a week or so. I had to make room.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:32 AM   #89
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I miss season 1 of Heroes. I wish it wouldn't have fallen so far off - that season was amazing.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:47 AM   #90
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Agreed- the first seasons of Heroes was excellent. But I just don't think Kring knew where to go from there and it was hard to tell if he was bastardizing major plots from the X-Men or just stumbling around in the dark with no clue.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:27 AM   #91
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

If Revolution would have just cribbed 95% from S.M. Stirling's "Emberverse" universe I think it would have been frigging amazing. As-is it seems heavily inspired by it (which makes sense, Sony was expressing interest in a series back in 2009 - wonder if this is the result of that), but I can't get down with this "OMG THE MAIN CHARACTER'S FATHER IS THE ONE PERSON WHO KNOWS HOW TO GET POWER BACK" lameplot. (and yes...i fully recognize the lameplotness of the Emberverse series with Rudi having a magical sword and being "the chosen one" basically. I just choose to ignore the lameness of that in favor of the rest of the awesomeness. And with word that there's another trilogy coming after the one that's due to conclude next year that will be set further in the future I'm somewhat convinced that Rudi isn't going to reverse-the-Change).

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 08-22-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:33 AM   #92
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I know that NBC was banking on the Olympics as a vehicle to promote its new shows, but all of the ads for them were horrible. Even a high-conept idea like "Revolution", one that should really appeal to me given my love for post-apocalyptic settings, looked pretty terrible.

"30 Rock" and "Parks & Rec" look to remain the only NBC shows I watch (I finally dumped "The Office" last year).

Still, plenty to look forward to. I mainly excited about the return of "American Horror Story" and "The Walking Dead".

I wish I could dump the office. It is horrible now. The problem is that my wife still watches it and I will walk by and see Jim or Dwight and remember how fantastic the show used to be, sit down and watch, and then 20 minutes later bang my head against the wall. Maybe I can get her to quit watching somehow?
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:02 AM   #93
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I found the following handy calendar just now for anyone who doesn't already have one lined up. Premieres of new and returning shows.

http://www.tvguide.com/special/fall-preview/calendar.aspx

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 09-04-2012 at 10:02 AM.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:40 PM   #94
MrBug708
Head Coach

Is there any must watch TV shows?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:17 AM   #95
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

"Revolution" kicks off tonight on NBC.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:42 AM   #96
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
"Revolution" kicks off tonight on NBC.

looking forward to this. I hope the network gives it time to develop
Old 09-17-2012, 08:58 AM   #97
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
looking forward to this. I hope the network gives it time to develop

Me too. I'm sure they won't, or they'll find some way to stupid it up, but I'm looking forward to really the "little moments" I'm hoping we'll get in it of how people have adapted and survived.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #98
Easy Mac

Watched the first episode on demand on Saturday. It was not good. There was so many more interesting ways they could have gone about making the show. The way they chose was not good. It was like a slightly higher budget Syfy miniseries.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:36 AM   #99
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
* Guys with Kids: "Can new dads stay cool dudes? This new comedy is going to find out. Totally Dadass!"

Dadass? Seriously?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:28 AM   #100
Easy Mac

The first episode of Go On that I watched was meh. There might be something there, but it was just boring.

Guys with Kids was horrible. The overactive laugh track was just distracting, especially when there were no jokes.