Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-12-2011, 09:00 AM   #51
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Michigan 3* DE Matt Godin makes it official for UM today. Not much of a shock.

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:14 PM   #52
DeToxRox
Head Coach

So how much longer will Rivals last?

Barry Every, one of Rivals National analyst, was just fired because of exchanges with angry Bama fans over some Bama commits initial rankings. The apparent comment that got Every fired as that Rivals inflated lower leveled Bama commits rating because the mods at Bama Online kept harassing them to. Now BOL is off of Rivals and affiliated with 24/7 Sports and Every apparently decided to spout off and got canned in the process.

I know most Midwest school fanbases are larger on Scout than Rivals because Rivals no longer employees a Midwest analyst which makes those fanbases scream conspiracy.

I think ratings are incredibly subjective but fun to talk about. With that said, Rivals has gone downhill yearly since being purchased by Yahoo and things don't seem to be getting any better.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:05 AM   #53
MrBug708
Head Coach

As long as their have been recruiting sites, there have been fans who think there are conspiracies against the ratings of their players.

Scout just raided Rivals Arizona board of all of their writers about a month ago.

Last edited by MrBug708 : 05-15-2011 at 01:06 AM.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:07 AM   #54
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
As long as their have been recruiting sites, there have been fans who think there are conspiracies against the ratings of their players.

Scout just raided Rivals Arizona board of all of their writers about a month ago.

No doubt, but I don't recall one ever admitting it being true.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:45 AM   #55
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
I know most Midwest school fanbases are larger on Scout than Rivals because Rivals no longer employees a Midwest analyst which makes those fanbases scream conspiracy.

I saw Michigan's last class was rated higher on Rivals than a number of other sites. The south is maybe getting better rated due to the titles they are winning.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:23 AM   #56
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
I saw Michigan's last class was rated higher on Rivals than a number of other sites. The south is maybe getting better rated due to the titles they are winning.

Obviously because Rich recruited Florida, duh.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:35 AM   #57
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Obviously because Rich recruited Florida, duh.

I lay the last class at the feet of Hoke versus RR. Michigan was at 10 recruits due to the RR debacle.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:02 AM   #58
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
I lay the last class at the feet of Hoke versus RR. Michigan was at 10 recruits due to the RR debacle.

I know, I was being facetious. Rich could have had a few of those kids Hoke got had he remembered that Michigan and Ohio occasionally produce okay talent.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:28 AM   #59
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Michigan 4* DB Terry Richardson committed to UM today. Not much of a surprise.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:46 AM   #60
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Michigan 4* DB Terry Richardson committed to UM today. Not much of a surprise.

Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:05 AM   #61
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

USC gets their 7th commit and 2nd running back (although he will probably play FB mostly) of this class by offering Jahleel Pinner. The 6th commit was running back Kelvin York and both are bigger power backs.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:21 PM   #62
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

USC gets their 8th commit, 4 star OL Max Tuerk. He had over 20 offers including Alabama, Cal, and ND among others.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:41 PM   #63
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
USC gets their 8th commit, 4 star OL Max Tuerk. He had over 20 offers including Alabama, Cal, and ND among others.

and he is as likely to qualify as my grandma's cat...who is quite smart btw.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:43 PM   #64
DeToxRox
Head Coach

New York 4* DB Wayne Morgan has a June 1st announcement. Seems like he will be committing to Michigan.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:51 PM   #65
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
and he is as likely to qualify as my grandma's cat...who is quite smart btw.

Old 05-25-2011, 06:03 PM   #66
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

USC's appeal being denied is going to really open things up for top SoCal talent in this class - USC is already over their 75 man cap for 2012 with 69 non-seniors and 8 commits already. Obviously we can expect some attrition, perhaps significant attrition as Kiffin tries to spread out the damage and not have a super-small 2012 class (though heavy attrition could become a problem for them down the road in terms of APR scores), so they'll likely sign a class close to, if not at their 15 man limit. But that will still mean more elite SoCal prospects up for grabs that might otherwise have signed with USC...
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:19 PM   #67
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
New York 4* DB Wayne Morgan has a June 1st announcement. Seems like he will be committing to Michigan.

Supposedly he was a silent commit going back a couple weekends. Disappointing for Rutgers.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:13 PM   #68
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I just want to know where Barry Sanders Jr. goes, so I can watch that team for a couple years.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:35 PM   #69
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

USC gets another commitment, 4 star LB Scott Starr.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:42 PM   #70
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
USC gets another commitment, 4 star LB Scott Starr.
So who's going to get the boot to make room for these commits?
Old 05-30-2011, 07:02 PM   #71
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
So who's going to get the boot to make room for these commits?

They still have room for 6 more players. With academic casualities, players going pro early, etc there should be enough room for a full 15 this year. Knowing there are only 15 slots, should make players jump sooner than later at the chance.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:14 PM   #72
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
They still have room for 6 more players. With academic casualities, players going pro early, etc there should be enough room for a full 15 this year. Knowing there are only 15 slots, should make players jump sooner than later at the chance.
I expect them to sign 15, but that means, what, at least 7 current players that are non-Seniors need to leave right?
Old 05-30-2011, 08:45 PM   #73
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I expect them to sign 15, but that means, what, at least 7 current players that are non-Seniors need to leave right?

Yes, that is correct. Expect 3 or 4 to go into the draft, and USC has always had 2-3 transfers/year. I'm not worried about players being kicked off the team unless they are a repeated behavior problem (looking at Markeith Ambles for one.)
Old 05-30-2011, 09:09 PM   #74
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

HOw many tOSU commits are going to decommit I wonder. I've heard 8-9 (2011 and 2012?) have already said bye bye.

Last edited by mauchow : 05-30-2011 at 09:09 PM.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:02 PM   #75
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Ohio 3* SS Alan Gant committed to Michigan today. Kid looked like a future stud as a freshman but was hurt the last two years. Has some potential but as other kids grew he stepped back. His uncle is Charles Woodson and his dad also played here.

Also, consensus top 100 OT Erik Magnuson is visiting next weekend and all the recruiting guys are pretty confident he'll commit then. Would be a massive pickup.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:03 PM   #76
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Assuming Wayne Morgan does commit Thursday, and Magnuson drops next week, UM will have 15 commits. All the recruiting guys are saying Michigan will have at least 20 commitments by the first game.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:45 PM   #77
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

I'm still vastly seeing defensive guys for Michigan so hopefully they fill out the offense with the last ones.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:39 PM   #78
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Also, consensus top 100 OT Erik Magnuson is visiting next weekend and all the recruiting guys are pretty confident he'll commit then. Would be a massive pickup.

We need to get this Magnuson guy. I would love to have a OT named Erik Magnuson.

Get it done, DeTox.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:39 PM   #79
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm still vastly seeing defensive guys for Michigan so hopefully they fill out the offense with the last ones.

Another DB may commit tomorrow in Anthony Standifer who has blown up the last month. He is visiting with his entire family. Add in Morgan Thursday and DB is essentially done for this class.

We still need 2-3 more DT and another DE. Plus there are 1 or 2 more Ohio kids we probably weren't getting we have legit shots at now.

At this point I suspect we take 3 more OL (Magnuson, Jordan Diamond and then maybe Paul Thurston who announces soon), 1-2 WR (Aaron Burbridge if he can qualify) and a stud RB if one comes out. I wonder if we even go after a QB this class with Shane Morris in the fold already. We need one but at a certain point you don't just take a kid for the sake of it.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:47 PM   #80
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
We need to get this Magnuson guy. I would love to have a OT named Erik Magnuson.

Get it done, DeTox.

On it.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:52 PM   #81
Logan
Head Coach

#5 overall Darius Hamilton has named Rutgers as his leader. Still a very long way to go and his decision will likely be dependent on how the season goes, but would be a monster get.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:25 PM   #82
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Wayne Morgan may be delaying his announcement now. Would suck if it was because he is reconsidering UM but not sure if that is why it might happen. Thankfully DB is probably the one position (after last year's class) we could afford to take a hit.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:28 PM   #83
DeToxRox
Head Coach

No announcement for Morgan tomorrow. His coaches want him taking visits.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:46 AM   #84
Logan
Head Coach

For the FSU guys...NJ QB Sean Maguire committed there yesterday.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:33 AM   #85
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Washington picks up their 2nd QB commit for the 2012 class - Cyler Myles out of Denver, a 4-star dual-threat prospect according to Rivals, 3-star by Scout and an ESPN 150 prospect. Should make for a really good competition with Jeff Lindquist, the other 2012 QB commit.

I'm a little surprised by this - I wonder if Sark has some inkling that one of his current QBs is a threat to transfer, because this makes 4 QBs signed in the last 3 recruiting classes, and there's another high-level in-state stud QB prospect in the 2013 class named Max Browne.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:20 AM   #86
MrBug708
Head Coach

Surprised at that move as well, but if he wants to come, why not take him?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:54 PM   #87
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Surprised at that move as well, but if he wants to come, why not take him?
Sure, and one extra benefit is it keeps him from signing with another Pac-12 team. I'm just a little surprised Sark was insistent on signing 2 QBs in this class, but he obviously knows way more than I do.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:42 PM   #88
MacroGuru
Coordinator

BYU received 4 commits today

2 OL
2 LB

Austin Hoyt, a 6-foot-7, 240-pound offensive lineman from Argonaut High in Jackson, Calif. Hoyt had received offers from such schools as Air Force and Utah, and was receiving a lot of attention from Pac-12 programs.

Brayden Kearsley, a 6-5, 277-pound offensive lineman from Aloha High School in the Portland, Ore., area. Kearsley is a 2013 prospect who will be entering his junior season of high school. He was receiving some early attention from schools such as Oregon, Oregon State, Washington, and Washington State, but acted quickly on his BYU offer.

Bobby Wolford, a 6-3, 230-pound linebacker from Jacksonville, Fla., who was recruited by Navy, Harvard and Princeton;

Phillip Amone, a 6-foot, 218-pound linebacker from Orlando, Fla. Amone was receiving attention from such schools as Florida State, Georgia Tech, Hawaii, Utah, Oregon, and Stanford.

Looks like the coaches are really big on both OL, Wolford is more than likely just a BYU type guy while Amone has gotten a bunch of attention lately.

I don't think any of these except for Phillip are going to be highly rated, although the Kearsly kid is huge!
Old 06-04-2011, 10:48 PM   #89
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Washington picks up their 2nd QB commit for the 2012 class - Cyler Myles out of Denver, a 4-star dual-threat prospect according to Rivals, 3-star by Scout and an ESPN 150 prospect. Should make for a really good competition with Jeff Lindquist, the other 2012 QB commit.

I'm a little surprised by this - I wonder if Sark has some inkling that one of his current QBs is a threat to transfer, because this makes 4 QBs signed in the last 3 recruiting classes, and there's another high-level in-state stud QB prospect in the 2013 class named Max Browne.

If Miles isnt a starter year 2, I will be shocked.
BIG TIME player
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:34 PM   #90
Cuckoo
College Starter

4-star WR Durron Neal out of St. Louis (#62 on ESPN 250) has reportedly committed to OU. He had offers from just about everyone, it seems. Also in Norman today is the nation's top QB, Gunner Kiel. Here's hoping he does the same.

Last edited by Cuckoo : 06-08-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Cuckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 04:45 PM   #91
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuckoo View Post
4-star WR Durron Neal out of St. Louis (#62 on ESPN 250) has reportedly committed to OU. He had offers from just about everyone, it seems. Also in Norman today is the nation's top QB, Gunner Kiel. Here's hoping he does the same.

Love his tapes. Looks like a guy on the rise to me.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:52 PM   #92
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:

You may not know this, but Kiel is expected to announce on Sunday.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 04:53 PM   #93
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Mizzou needs to send Jeremy Maclin to have a talk with him.

Maybe this increases Mizzou chances at Dorial Green-Beckham?

Last edited by panerd : 06-08-2011 at 04:55 PM.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:23 PM   #94
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Maybe this increases Mizzou chances at Dorial Green-Beckham?

That would be one way to look at it. If Mizzou lands him, all we'll hear is 'Durron who?'. We'll hope for that option. The alternative of losing two top-notch in-state receivers isn't something that you want to entertain.

Kiel wouldn't be as big of a loss. We've got plenty of options at QB already on-board and more options in 2012 class. Need to land another good WR like DGB.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:45 PM   #95
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
You may not know this, but Kiel is expected to announce on Sunday.

Yeah, I heard. There are some rumors floating around, you know the kind where someone has a "source," that Kiel is going to commit to Oklahoma too. But I haven't heard anything even close to sure enough to get me excited yet. I'll wait and see. We're actually in pretty good shape with QBs too, but from the tape I've seen on Kiel, I'd love to have him.

As for Neal, it surprised me a little bit. I know OU is going hard after DBG, as are several schools, and last I heard, he's looking primarily at OU, Mizzou and Alabama. With Neal committed, OU already has two top 100 receivers in what will be an extremely small class. With a guy like DBG, though, you find room. Plus, Neal is more of a slot guy, quite different than DBG.

Not sure what to make of all the talk about two or all three of those guys wanting to play together.

Last edited by Cuckoo : 06-08-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Cuckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:54 PM   #96
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

re:2011..NC st Russell Wilson may sign with Wisconsin soon!

Last edited by mauchow : 06-08-2011 at 06:55 PM.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:16 PM   #97
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Looks like the Neal verbal didn't go over well with Momma Neal when he got home. The family was not pleased with the hard sell by the OU staff. She called the MU staff yesterday and told them that Durron wasn't committed anywhere yet. This could end up a mirror image of the Jeremy Maclin recruitment. Same exact scenario.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:57 PM   #98
Cuckoo
College Starter

Hmm... haven't seen that anywhere. Always hard to know with kids; that's the recruiting game. But based on some quotes from Neal after his commitment, he seemed pretty sure of his decision. We'll see. He can always go the way of Maclin and never beat OU.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:32 PM   #99
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Hmm... haven't seen that anywhere. Always hard to know with kids; that's the recruiting game. But based on some quotes from Neal after his commitment, he seemed pretty sure of his decision. We'll see. He can always go the way of Maclin and never beat OU.

Probably Maclin's fault. We beat OU as soon as he left.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:53 PM   #100
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Could be an amazing day for Michigan. An Ohio site is reporting Ohio 4* DE Tom Strobel committed to Michigan. Also 4* OT Erik Magnuson is expected to commit on his visit today as well.