Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-23-2003, 08:54 PM   #51
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No means no buddy. I think in reality the line is never thin, it just might appear that way sometimes because one or the other is lying.

I've studied a lot of rape cases, and it always isn't so black and white. There are shades of grey involved in a lot of rape law. Usually neither is lying, they just remembered it in different ways.

ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 08:55 PM   #52
Grid Iron
Ice Cream Man

Quote:
Originally posted by Ksyrup
Under the law, he is entitled to that presumption. The court of public opinion is not the court of law.

Well said, Ksyrup.

I think those who emphatically state that Kobe is or is not guilty (especially the "Free Kobe" sports radio personalities) expose their own ignorance because they know nothing about what happened. Maybe he did it, maybe he didn't. I'll form my opinion when the judge unseals the court documents and the facts are made public.
Old 07-23-2003, 09:01 PM   #53
Killebrew
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally posted by ISiddiqui
I've studied a lot of rape cases, and it always isn't so black and white. There are shades of grey involved in a lot of rape law. Usually neither is lying, they just remembered it in different ways.
That is so troubling, but I could see that if you were really wasted. No way I could see grey area's of rape without lots of drugs and/or booze though. That said, I bet drugs and booze play a part in many rape cases.
Killebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 09:06 PM   #54
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That is so troubling, but I could see that if you were really wasted. No way I could see grey area's of rape without lots of drugs and/or booze though.

Of course there are grey areas without drugs and booze. People just remember different things in different ways. The woman may have believed she was more forceful than she actually was, the man might have thought she didn't really protest at all. Things get fuzzy after the act... even when both parties are sober.

No one remembers the exact truth.
Old 07-24-2003, 08:52 AM   #55
Samdari
Roster Filler

I also commend Ksyrup for the excellent statement "The court of public opinion is not the court of law" In Kobe's case, I wonder if the former isn't more important than the latter. Given the outcome of many highly public cases like this, where the defense has many more resources available than the prosecution, I think most of us know a "not guilty" verdict is forthcoming. However, if similarly to the OJ case, if he is found guilty in the court of public opinion despite not being so in the courtroom, he could become a public pariah much like our favorite glove wielding, Bronco driving murderer.
Old 07-24-2003, 08:55 AM   #56
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by Samdari
However, if similarly to the OJ case, if he is found guilty in the court of public opinion despite not being so in the courtroom, he could become a public pariah much like our favorite glove wielding, Bronco driving murderer.

But she said she wasn't after the money?!?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 01:24 PM   #57
sabotai
General Manager

One question...

If she has "obvious physical injuries", namely deep bruising on the arms and face, a good week or two after the incident, why would she be at a party just 3 days after the incident? Did anyone at this party comment on her appearance? On her "injuries"?
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 01:41 PM   #58
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I could be mistaken, but I thought someone mentioned that she was at a party "3 days before Kobe was charged," not 3 days after the alleged rape. That would place her at the party about 10 or so days after the incident, I think.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 02:39 PM   #59
sabotai
General Manager

Ahhh...all I kept hear was 3 days after blah blah blah. To honest, I'm not interested enough to deviate my attention to whenever it gets mentioned on TV.

But still. They (The DA?) keep claiming that the physical injuries are still very visible. That the bruises are very deep. So I'm wondering if even now are there any witnesses at the party commenting on her appearance?
Old 07-24-2003, 03:12 PM   #60
MrBug708
Head Coach

If the bruises were that deep, it wouldnt be 3rd degree Rape though, right?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 03:19 PM   #61
sabotai
General Manager

"If the bruises were that deep, it wouldnt be 3rd degree Rape though, right?"

No, I beleive it would not.
Old 07-24-2003, 03:48 PM   #62
sabotai
General Manager

dola,

In case it hasn't been said, the photo someone posted not too long about of the accuser was of the wrong person. Do'h!